The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class action lawsuit

• Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot laugh out loud enough at the op. Good luck with your lawsuit.

Why does this come up in every game? Do people really get to sue over this kind of thing? I don't think I've played a game since UO where there wasn't someone threatening to sue over lost money or false advertising or something.
    AngryWolf wrote: »
    0cb2185984_anigif-enhanced-26471-1400773637-1.gif

Agreed, 100%.

Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    I agree that they are not delivering what they promised, but you obviously made no attempt to read the ToS you accepted when you downloaded/bought this game. You haven't a single legal leg to stand on.

In what way are they not delivering what was promised?
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    It's not a nitpick at all. The topic is class action lawsuits, which are completely different from regular lawsuits, and you lied and claimed that Blizzard loses class action lawsuits all the time.

Heres some links for you:

PS Activision is Blizzard Entertainment, Maybe you should try looking that up instead if you couldn't find these.

1. Class action over forced authenticator usage:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/class-action-lawsuit-diablo-StarCraft-authenticator-Benjamin-Bell,19057.html

2. Lawsuit for Illegal accounting

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-slammed-with-class-action-lawsuit/1100-6090933/

That's just 2 There are a lot more. They've been sued for false advertisement a number of times.

You've been asked by several people to back up your claims that "Blizzard losses CLASS ACTION lawsuits all the time".

Your first link does not even represent a lost case. Your second link dates back to an Activision "NON class action lawsuit" from 2004 (FOUR years before blizzard and activision merged) give up already. You can only pull so much out of your *** before your lies start to unravel.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine a world where we all sued game developers for a game we buy & do not like for whatever perceived reason.........
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread isn't locked yet.

The mods are probably all standing around the monitor, laughing at this too.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give him a minute guys, Google searches take time.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do so hope these peeps try to file such a lawsuit. It will be fun watching them pay ZOS damages and their attorney's fees. You signed away any rights to sue and agreed to binding arbitration when you installed the game. You specifically waived any rights to access the game's servers. You have no leg to stand on.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please spend money on lawyers, that would be hilarious for not only us, but also the lawyer getting paid to tell you that you have no case.
    [DC/NA]
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcaeus wrote: »
    You guys are honestly getting pretty close to it... this has probably been the worst gaming experience I've seen and I've played mmo's since 96'. Start paying for competent developers or stop charging for this game period. Enough is enough.

This just in...

Dumb person posts something dumb on the internet

News at 11

Edited by Xsorus on July 1, 2014 12:05AM
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭
    muricans lul
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are honestly getting pretty close to it... this has probably been the worst gaming experience I've seen and I've played mmo's since 96'. Start paying for competent developers or stop charging for this game period. Enough is enough.

This just in...

Dumb person posts something dumb on the internet

News at a 11

Watch out or he will sue you for defamation of character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXQBHLIPcw
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Please spend money on lawyers, that would be hilarious for not only us, but also the lawyer getting paid to tell you that you have no case.
    That's not really how class action lawsuits work though. Lawyers take on class action suits on contingency, which means that they'll only take them on if they think they can win or convince the company to settle in order to make the suit go away (or, in some rare cases, lawyers will do it on principal if they feel really passionately about it and/or if they want to make a name for themselves). In other words, no lawyer would ever take on a suit like this, and if the OP tried to get one to file a suit he wouldn't be out any money. Well, not unless the lawyer charged him a consultation fee.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Imagine a world where we all sued game developers for a game we buy & do not like for whatever perceived reason.........

Luckily we only live in a world where self entitled gamers (most of whom could not even DEFINE a class action lawsuit) sit around on their asses composing threads telling other gamers that they should file suit. Meanwhile, the culmination of what should easily be TENS OF THOUSANDS of forum posts threatening Class Action suits, has been a mere handful of actual suits filed and even less which have seen successful litigation.

As is usually the case among the pissed off gamer segment, a whole lot of hot air and very little to back it up...
    Edited by SystemiK on July 1, 2014 12:05AM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    That's not really how class action lawsuits work though. Lawyers take on class action suits on contingency, which means that they'll only take them on if they think they can win or convince the company to settle in order to make the suit go away (or, in some rare cases, lawyers will do it on principal if they feel really passionately about it and/or if they want to make a name for themselves). In other words, no lawyer would ever take on a suit like this, and if the OP tried to get one to file a suit he wouldn't be out any money. Well, not unless the lawyer charged him a consultation fee.

Yeah but lawyers charge you even to look at your case. Their time is money.
    [DC/NA]
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread isn't locked yet.

You kidding? Devs probably think it's as funny as we do.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, people talking about lawsuits again. This one got a lot more attention than the last 5 or so threads I read threatening to sue.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    yawn - 15-20 years mmo experience if you don't like the game then leave just go. what is is the point of going on forums and moaning about it.
    Edited by renton1x1x1 on July 1, 2014 12:29AM
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • Zebug
    Zebug
    ✭✭✭
    ok @Malpherian, if you are telling the truth, certainly you have a case number or something on hand that you can scan in and prove that you were a defendant against Blizzard. There is no way in the world anyone would throw out those documents...unless you've been lying this whole time and you are really some little kid trying to be an internet tough guy.
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    Zebug wrote: »
    ok @Malpherian, if you are telling the truth, certainly you have a case number or something on hand that you can scan in and prove that you were a defendant against Blizzard. There is no way in the world anyone would throw out those documents...unless you've been lying this whole time and you are really some little kid trying to be an internet tough guy.

Come now, do not be insensitive, he may have suffered a massive fire, or thieves broke in and stole all his documents. The guy could have been through a lot.
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armianlee wrote: »

Come now, do not be insensitive, he may have suffered a massive fire, or thieves broke in and stole all his documents. The guy could have been through a lot.

The same thieves may have also broken into the courthouse and stolen the copies of the documents that were on file there.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Zebug
    Zebug
    ✭✭✭

very true, my sincere apologies if that is indeed the case *cough use a safe dude cough*
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol. Go ask for your moms permission before accessing the internet

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno... I trust him.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno... I trust him.
    Well, he did tell you to trust him after all. If you can't trust a person based solely on him telling you to trust him, then who can you trust?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember several months ago, Lindsey Lohan started a suit against Rockstar saying they stole her image and used it for GTA5. The image was obviously of another model, who also plays a voice actress on the pop station. I have no idea what has happened since, but it's hilarious what some people try to sue over.
  • HelpingHand
    HelpingHand
    ✭✭✭
    Class action lawsuit

I don't think this means what you think it means.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »

I dunno... I trust him.
    Well, he did tell you to trust him after all. If you can't trust a person based solely on him telling you to trust him, then who can you trust?

it's really a pretty solid life philosophy.
    You know how much candy trusting people has gotten me? And I've only had to have my stomach pumped like, what, twice maybe. . . Most of them just want to see my special areas.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    And in other breaking news:

It is now against the TOS rules of the game to be riding your horse through Cyrodiil while /smashed on Skooma. We'll have more on this story @ 11:00 (EST)

Back to you, Bill.

Edited by Gwarok on July 1, 2014 1:12AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to see this lawsuit, I will be eating popcorn and drinking lemonade. I would really love to here how you try to talk around the EULA and TOS which you agreed to including waiving rights, claiming sole liability and agreeing nobody but you can be held accountable for your experience.

Within; Without.
  • boogie95
    boogie95
    ✭✭✭
    wow man this is outrages again i say feel free to make us a better MMo game
This discussion has been closed.