The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Class action lawsuit

• Marcaeus
    Marcaeus
    ✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Marcaeus wrote: »
    I'm paying a subscription to play this game. I'm not able to play this game in its current state. They're refusing to refund or give courtesy subscription costs back to the players when the game has been unplayable for this month's fee. That's stealing thousands of player's money.

You can take litigation for whatever reasons you choose regardless of ToS, or contracts, so I beg to differ.

I'm assuming you're able to get into the game, correct? Then it's playable by legal definition.

Please site that legal definition.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Well, it's certainly getting responses :wink:

Reality is we all paid real money for the product. They have not been able to make the product function - and some of us have paid $120 roughly as of about now.

Tell me it's unrealistic to say that someone sold you something for$120.00 and its not what they said it was - in the US - and some judge won't at least listen.

And...some blood sucking attorney would not take the case with 20,000 people ready to give him 1/3 of the total sum. 800,000 to the lawyer...not a bad day's work!!

If someone tells you that they're selling you a car with an engine, and you find there's no engine, then you have the basis for a lawsuit.

When someone sells you a car, and after driving around for a few weeks, you decide that the car isn't as fun to drive as you thought it would be, you are not entitled to sue.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Marcaeus
    Marcaeus
    ✭✭

Reality is we all paid real money for the product. They have not been able to make the product function - and some of us have paid $120 roughly as of about now.

Tell me it's unrealistic to say that someone sold you something for$120.00 and its not what they said it was - in the US - and some judge won't at least listen.

And...some blood sucking attorney would not take the case with 20,000 people ready to give him 1/3 of the total sum. 800,000 to the lawyer...not a bad day's work!!

• Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    Virtual goods have no value in the US. At best, it's 1$. That site giving value to virtual goods likely has something to do with those gold farming sites, tracking value for them locally. Otherwise why bother with it. Certainly they'd have no legal merit anywhere else in the world.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then I would just cancel my sub and take it as a loss.

I once lost $30,000 on a horse. She just... ran off with it.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better call Saul!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    Did I just hear someone say "They're refusing to refund or give courtesy subscription costs back to the players"

OMFG most hilarious thing I've read in weeks....some of you people are *** hilarious, keep em coming.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then I would just cancel my sub and take it as a loss.

I once lost $30,000 on a horse. She just... ran off with it.

There are some countries where you can be jailed for puns like that...
    ----
    Murray?
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Blizzard entertainment loses Lawsuits all the time, IN fact many of the ones they attempt to do on Private servers end up back firing on them, with the judge ruling they are to pay the defendant. They just have so much money they don't care.

There are several reasons why ESO "could" (and that's really the key word there), suffer a Class action lawsuit, one is False advertisement of the Product, this applies when the advertised product does not provide the promised service. Which ZOS has in droves currently.

You can also apply this to things such as the Daedric Armor, which is visually advertised in many of their Cinematic trailers, and while this normally would not be an issue that specific armor set is a huge part of the lore for TES games therefore the appearance of that set in the cinematic "Combined" with the ability to craft the set in game AND it's similarity to previous TES games looks, is an obvious advertisement of the armor set.

Yet in game it appears as the "Shredder Costume". (and it actually is 95% an exact copy of the Teenage Mutant ninja turtles Shredder outfit) Which can be viewed as copyright trademark infringement.

Just to name a few.

There are about 30 reasons I can name off the top of my head for why a legitimate class action suit against ZOS could be made, most would not be won of course, but a few would.
    Edited by Malpherian on June 30, 2014 11:28PM
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better call Saul!

As long as he brings all of his shoes and glasses, the judge may at least hear him out.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on June 30, 2014 10:37PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm paying a subscription to play this game. I'm not able to play this game in its current state.
    Really? It won't launch? Or it launches but crashes and you can't do anything in the game? If neither of those 2 things is true, then you are certainly able to play the game in its current state. Or are you going to try to claim in court that stamina being less powerful than magicka means that you're not able to play the game?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, I hope the mods don't close this thread for a while. It's just so full of win.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    Actually Blizzard entertainment loses Class Action Lawsuits all the time, IN fact many of the ones they attempt to do on Private servers end up back firing on them, with the judge ruling they are to pay the defendant. They just have so much money they don't care.

There are several reasons why ESO could and thats really the key word there, suffer a Class action lawsuit, one is False advertisement of the Product, this applies when the advertised product does not provide the promised service. Which ZOS has in droves currently.

You can also apply this to things such as the Daedric Armor, which is visually advertised in all of their Cinematic trailers, and while this normally would not be an issue that specific armor set is a huge part of the lore for TES games therefore the appearance of that set in the cinematic, is an obvious advertisement of the armor set.

Yet in game it appears as the "Shredder Costume". (and it actually is 95% an exact copy of the Teenage Mutant ninja turtles Shredder outfit) Which can be viewed as copyright trademark infringement.

Just to name a few.

There are about 30 reasons I can name off the top of my head for why a legitimate class action suit against ZOS could be made, most would not be won of course, but a few would.

I have no idea why you would feel the need to lie about class action suits with Blizzard, but just to educate any poor saps who might believe you:

Blizzard sued a bot-developer and won. They won $7,000,000. That's the only suit regarding WoW that Blizzard has ever been involved in.
    ----
    Murray?
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »
    lol, bugs constitute lawsuits? Goodness, calm down........

Why should he calm down? He is not getting what he paid for. I find that people who post infrequently or are first time posters coming here with complaints, are definitely indicators that there are some major issues with the game.

Zenimax should be concerned when formerly quiet players begin to speak out.

because most people assume every mmo developer out there is a AAA. This is a brand new company, using cutting edge technology . The primary issue to me is the size of the company. It takes time to create and fix things as they are going, taking money from them with QQ about free to play is just stupid. Give it some time impatient ***.
    I am just as frustrated, but i realize the complexity of what they are doing with the amount of people they are doing it with.
    Edited by VileIntent on June 30, 2014 10:42PM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VileIntent wrote: »

Why should he calm down? He is not getting what he paid for. I find that people who post infrequently or are first time posters coming here with complaints, are definitely indicators that there are some major issues with the game.

because most people assume every mmo developer out there is a AAA. This is a brand new company, using cutting edge technology . The primary issue to me is the size of the company. It takes time to create and fix things as they are going, taking money from them with QQ about free to play is just stupid. Give it some time impatient ***.
    I am just as frustrated, but i realize the complexity of what they are doing with the amount of people they are doing it with.

LOL at you thinking Zenimax is a "new company".
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Wonder how far that is going to take you?
    Edited by Armianlee on June 30, 2014 10:46PM
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • Marcaeus
    Marcaeus
    ✭✭
    Actually Blizzard entertainment loses Class Action Lawsuits all the time, IN fact many of the ones they attempt to do on Private servers end up back firing on them, with the judge ruling they are to pay the defendant. They just have so much money they don't care.

There are several reasons why ESO "could" (and that's really the key word there), suffer a Class action lawsuit, one is False advertisement of the Product, this applies when the advertised product does not provide the promised service. Which ZOS has in droves currently.

You can also apply this to things such as the Daedric Armor, which is visually advertised in many of their Cinematic trailers, and while this normally would not be an issue that specific armor set is a huge part of the lore for TES games therefore the appearance of that set in the cinematic "Combined" with the ability to craft the set in game AND it's similarity to previous TES games looks, is an obvious advertisement of the armor set.

Just to name a few.

• Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sue Everybody!" - Sol Rosenburg

"There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you keep quoting bad posts without actually writing your own comments?
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on June 30, 2014 10:45PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share your special insight into what they are doing and the amount of people they are doing it with?

• MonkeyAssassin24
    MonkeyAssassin24
    ✭✭✭
    Best. Thread. EVER.

Does this fall under the guise of a quit thread? I hope not. Even better, I hope the forum admins actually make an addendum to the rules to add "No threads threatening or supporting legal recourse against Zenimax Online or its subsidiaries." This would truly be a win for the plaintiff...I mean, OP.
    On second thought, let's not go to the forums. 'Tis a silly place.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    0cb2185984_anigif-enhanced-26471-1400773637-1.gif
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to name a few.

I like how you just quote things without adding any input.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love when these "lawsuit" threads pop up they're so fun!
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at you thinking Zenimax is a "new company".

"They're cute at this age though...shame they have to be put down as they get older." 1

1 From Proper Care and Feeding of Noobs
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing it is a sign of is that, sadly, some people are unhinged.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who actually graduated law school this thread is pretty laughable. I won't go into all the small details but most importantly you need to show damages that a lawsuit of any kind is supposed to remedy. I don't see how your unhappiness with a product you purchased constitutes damages.

Perhaps you should go back to law school and study up on "consumer protection law" a bit more. When people do not get a service they paid for, they get a refund or sue in small claims court for one.
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Blizzard entertainment loses Class Action Lawsuits all the time

I'd like some links please (being so common you should easily be able to provide links to a couple of judgements). Actual losses in a court of law, not news items about some frivolous lawsuit that was thrown out. Otherwise you are just talking out of your ass.

• Marcaeus
    Marcaeus
    ✭✭
    Lots of forum posts. Perhaps players can't play the game, so they're on here white knighting it. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't see how they can charge you money to watch a slow motion slideshow where you spend more time restarting your launcher than actually being able to do anything functional in a game.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Who are these people with the time and money on their hands to sue a company for a product they choose to pay for?
    Edited by theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO on June 30, 2014 10:49PM
This discussion has been closed.