The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Class action lawsuit

Marcaeus
Marcaeus
✭✭
You guys are honestly getting pretty close to it... this has probably been the worst gaming experience I've seen and I've played mmo's since 96'. Start paying for competent developers or stop charging for this game period. Enough is enough.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lol, bugs constitute lawsuits? Goodness, calm down........
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should he calm down? He is not getting what he paid for. I find that people who post infrequently or are first time posters coming here with complaints, are definitely indicators that there are some major issues with the game.

Zenimax should be concerned when formerly quiet players begin to speak out.
    Edited by Mablung on June 30, 2014 10:09PM
  • discosoc
    discosoc
    ✭✭✭
    Marcaeus wrote: »
    You guys are honestly getting pretty close to it... this has probably been the worst gaming experience I've seen and I've played mmo's since 96'. Start paying for competent developers or stop charging for this game period. Enough is enough.

Or you could choose door number 3, and stop paying for the product. Which is exactly why a lawsuit would go nowhere.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that they are not delivering what they promised, but you obviously made no attempt to read the ToS you accepted when you downloaded/bought this game. You haven't a single legal leg to stand on.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough it does happen if you follow gaming news. But, yeh, silliness. There's another solution - cancel sub (though if Zeni have your CC you may have been double-charged for a year already).
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who actually graduated law school this thread is pretty laughable. I won't go into all the small details but most importantly you need to show damages that a lawsuit of any kind is supposed to remedy. I don't see how your unhappiness with a product you purchased constitutes damages.
    Edited by Jagath on June 30, 2014 10:11PM
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »

Why should he calm down? He is not getting what he paid for. I find that people who post infrequently or are first time posters coming here with complaints or this type of post, are definite signs that there are some major issues with the game.

Zenimax should be concerned when formerly quiet players begin to speak out.

True; but still...lawsuit? really?..

no seriously.. really?
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threatening to sue a company that you give your money to voluntarily.

What?
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who actually graduated law school this thread is pretty laughable. I won't go into all the small details but most importantly you need to show damages that a lawsuit of any kind is supposed to remedy. I don't see how your unhappiness with a product you purchased constitutes damages.

Uh oh a law school grad. :D
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to LOL at this. I'm not the most positive guy towards the game at this current time. But this is just stupid. The equivalent of a child saying they will hold their breath until they get ice cream.

Yes, I understand the game isn't what they said it would be. It pisses me off too. But nobody is going to successfully sue ZoS over it,
    Edited by Slash8915 on June 30, 2014 10:13PM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is just one step closer to becoming the WoW forums.

Please. Please take this to an attorney. In fact, stream video of you taking it to an attorney's office. We could all use a laugh.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of you law experts need to pipe down and do some research. There is legal precedent for action taken against a MMO before.
  • jovial
    jovial
    ✭✭
    Hahaha, hilarious.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not for dissatisfaction with the game. Go on, show a legal precedent, you tool.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I'm just picturing my wood elf in a deposition with a neck brace on. "My client has suffered emotional as well as physical damages from the rubber banding whiplash".
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of you law experts need to pipe down and do some research. There is legal precedent for action taken against a MMO before.

Hahaha, what precedent?

Are you referring to the case in China, where the plaintiff sued over devalued virtual goods?
    ----
    Murray?
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is?

The class actions I've heard of, and the little I bothered to read much about, were public companies being sued by shareholders (I believe). I don't know if they actually went to court or were successful either. What grounds would there be here?

Cancel sub!

• Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only case I was able to find where a player successfully sued an MMO was here. But it wasn't against a US based game developer.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=8737.0;wap2
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it then. Good luck with that.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard this when people didn't like the end of Mass Effect 3 and when it took Bethesda a few extra months to get Skyrim DLC released for PS3. Go to pretty much any game's official forums and you'll find people threatening to sue. Good luck with that.
    Edited by aipex8_ESO on June 30, 2014 10:19PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class action lawsuit
    The *only* people to have ever gotten any benefit from a class action lawsuit were the lawyers. So unless you're a lawyer, i don't think this would benefit you the way your think it would ...
    ;-)
  • Marcaeus
    Marcaeus
    ✭✭
    I'm paying a subscription to play this game. I'm not able to play this game in its current state. They're refusing to refund or give courtesy subscription costs back to the players when the game has been unplayable for this month's fee. That's stealing thousands of player's money.

You can take litigation for whatever reasons you choose regardless of ToS, or contracts, so I beg to differ.
    Edited by Marcaeus on June 30, 2014 10:28PM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm paying a subscription to play this game. I'm not able to play this game in its current state. They're refusing to refund or give courtesy subscription costs back to the players when the game has been unplayable for this month's fee. That's stealing thousands of player's money.

You can take litigation for whatever reasons you choose regardless of ToS, or contracts, so I beg to differ.

I'm assuming you're able to get into the game, correct? Then it's playable by legal definition.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm paying a subscription to play this game. I'm not able to play this game in its current state. They're refusing to refund or give courtesy subscription costs back to the players when the game has been unplayable for this months fee. That's stealing thousands of player's money.

I can't wait until you try presenting the legal arguments.

"Your honor, whereas my client's Nightblade should be performing upwards of 700 dps, we find that he is performing no more than 600 dps. This has led to undue stress for my client, who has been subject to in-game shame and ridicule due to his supposed lack of skills. Heretofore, we have established that my client is not a noob. He has mad skills, your honor. Mad skills. And so we ask that you find in favor of the plaintiff."
    ----
    Murray?
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm paying a subscription to play this game. I'm not able to play this game in its current state. They're refusing to refund or give courtesy subscription costs back to the players when the game has been unplayable for this months fee. That's stealing thousands of player's money.

I can't wait until you try presenting the legal arguments.

"Your honor, whereas my client's Nightblade should be performing upwards of 700 dps, we find that he is performing no more than 600 dps. This has led to undue stress for my client, who has been subject to in-game shame and ridicule due to his supposed lack of skills. Heretofore, we have established that my client is not a noob. He has mad skills, your honor. Mad skills. And so we ask that you find in favor of the plaintiff."

It will create a new "L2P" clause.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's certainly getting responses :wink:

Reality is we all paid real money for the product. They have not been able to make the product function - and some of us have paid $120 roughly as of about now.

Tell me it's unrealistic to say that someone sold you something for$120.00 and its not what they said it was - in the US - and some judge won't at least listen.

And...some blood sucking attorney would not take the case with 20,000 people ready to give him 1/3 of the total sum. 800,000 to the lawyer...not a bad day's work!!
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always have the option to stop paying for it. The game works just fine for me, yes there was FPS lag yes there are bugs from time to time, but if you have been playing MMOs since 96 you must not have been paying attention for the last 8 years.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, this is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭

Have fun, the more effective thing to do is to stop giving them money.

This discussion has been closed.