The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v1.2.3 Known Issues

• zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ can we ask you a special favour please? Could you drop the FPS Patch on EU on Monday as well, instead of the normal Tuesday patch time? Pretty please?

Earlier if you can. Pretty, pretty, please. I'm asking nicely, pwetty pwease, <puppy eyes>. I'll even vow to buy Pizza for all you lovely people.
    Edited by zazamalek on June 26, 2014 8:21PM
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    Morbus2 wrote: »
    Looks like we have a fix in the works for weapon swapping breaking stealth. Adding this in the original post so it can be tracked and followed a bit easier.

Any update on Silver Shards?
    No update at this time other than we're still investigating and working on a fix for it.

Thanks for the fast response.

sw5r5kwwy5fe.jpg

Maybe this image helps.
    Edited by Morbus2 on June 26, 2014 8:22PM
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Enderus wrote: »
    I said this in another post a few minutes ago, but I'd like to ask again here (to moderators/devs): Is there anything we can do to help your technical staff figure out what's causing some of these bugs beyond bug reporting? Any clues or information we could sniff out to make things a little easier?

Just thought I'd ask since I'm sure your coders are a little overwhelmed right now
    Thanks, @Enderus! Right now, we have multiple teams combing through this thread, among others, making notes of the issues everyone is reporting. If there's any additional information that we need, or any clarification, we'll be sure to let you all know.
    Wolfaen wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Three bugs that I would like to point out that should be addressed

[MAJOR] Silver Shards: Currently has 100% proc chance. One shooting vamps in Cyrodiil. This is ridiculous and should be addressed immediately. DO NOT let another one of these OP easily abused bugged skills sit on live for an extended period of time. This should be hot fixed by the end of the week.

Night's Silence Set: 3 piece passive 220% increased speed in stealth isn't working.

Weapon Swap breaks Stealth: When weapon swapping in stealth I become visible and have to wait 1-2 secs before returning to hidden state. Not fun when you utilize both bars to set up for fights.

I am hoping that yall have some sort of priority list going so that major issues like silver shards can get fixed sooner than later. It would be nice if you guys could put a "*" or some visual que next to the known issues that are top priority.

I appreciate that you guys are taking steps to be more transparent and are communicating with your customers more. Keep it up!

These are my top 3 atm also. Silver bolts needs to be fixed asap. Night silence set change is great and gives a sneak speed option for non-vamps. Please get it fixed soon. The weapon swap reveal bug has been a pain since launch, and gets me killed all the time. It needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Switching bars and making use of all of your abilities should be encouraged rather than discouraged by mechanics.
    The issue with Silver Shards is one we're prioritizing and are actively looking into. It appears as though the Night's Silence item set just has a tooltip error, but we're checking to make sure. Weapon swapping breaking stealth is something new, and we'll make sure it gets passed along so we can start investigating.

What do you mean by the Night's Silence set has a tooltip error? Is it suppose to be 20% or 22% instead of 220%? Regardless, I still don't even notice a change in stealth speed. Can you give us more information about this set change? It still was not documented in the updated patch notes. Was the change intended?
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we have a fix in the works for weapon swapping breaking stealth. Adding this in the original post so it can be tracked and followed a bit easier.

Any update on Silver Shards?
    No update at this time other than we're still investigating and working on a fix for it.

Thanks for the fast response.

sw5r5kwwy5fe.jpg

People that are using this obvious unintended exploit are pure scum. Even though everyone has access to this skill, those that choose not to use it are skilled and respectable PvPers that don't have to rely on broken overpowered abilities to win. Sad how many people choose to abuse the system. Grow some balls and fight fairly.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    WoW is all i can say ... why is thier a PTR?, this list is MASSIVE, how about an API changelog too for all the addon authors id really like to know what happen to GetMapPlayerPosition('reticleover')
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    My learned rank 5 recipes are gone after the update!
    Its like my character has Alzeihmer for all rank 5 recipes, that before the update i already craft some.
    Already sent a bug report in game.
    Edited by Xupacabra on June 26, 2014 8:44PM
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit... wrong quote
    Edited by Warraxx on June 26, 2014 8:50PM
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    It appears as though the Night's Silence item set just has a tooltip error, but we're checking to make sure. Weapon swapping breaking stealth is something new, and we'll make sure it gets passed along so we can start investigating.
    Hum I think is not a simple tooltip error. Nothing works with this set since the beginning but thank you to your team to check it.

Edited by Crowzer on June 26, 2014 8:55PM
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant advance the Shattered and the Lost questline in Craglorn. I am actually in the stage where you have to find the two aspects of the mage in two 4-man group dungeons.

After freeing the first mage aspect in the unspellable dungeon "Rkundzelft" and going into the second dungeon "Hircines Haunt" to free the second aspect of the mage, I do the correct order to disable the magic shields as in the first dungeon but after the lightning effects flash like you achieved it, no npc spawns (as it perfectly did for the first aspect).

Me and all the 3 other people tried reloging but no joy. A few hours later I got a new Hircines group and stopped there to try again, yet no way to get the npc spawning.
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    I said this in another post a few minutes ago, but I'd like to ask again here (to moderators/devs): Is there anything we can do to help your technical staff figure out what's causing some of these bugs beyond bug reporting? Any clues or information we could sniff out to make things a little easier?

Just thought I'd ask since I'm sure your coders are a little overwhelmed right now
    Thanks, @Enderus! Right now, we have multiple teams combing through this thread, among others, making notes of the issues everyone is reporting. If there's any additional information that we need, or any clarification, we'll be sure to let you all know.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

[MAJOR] Silver Shards: Currently has 100% proc chance. One shooting vamps in Cyrodiil. This is ridiculous and should be addressed immediately. DO NOT let another one of these OP easily abused bugged skills sit on live for an extended period of time. This should be hot fixed by the end of the week.

Night's Silence Set: 3 piece passive 220% increased speed in stealth isn't working.

Weapon Swap breaks Stealth: When weapon swapping in stealth I become visible and have to wait 1-2 secs before returning to hidden state. Not fun when you utilize both bars to set up for fights.

I am hoping that yall have some sort of priority list going so that major issues like silver shards can get fixed sooner than later. It would be nice if you guys could put a "*" or some visual que next to the known issues that are top priority.

I appreciate that you guys are taking steps to be more transparent and are communicating with your customers more. Keep it up!

These are my top 3 atm also. Silver bolts needs to be fixed asap. Night silence set change is great and gives a sneak speed option for non-vamps. Please get it fixed soon. The weapon swap reveal bug has been a pain since launch, and gets me killed all the time. It needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Switching bars and making use of all of your abilities should be encouraged rather than discouraged by mechanics.
    The issue with Silver Shards is one we're prioritizing and are actively looking into. It appears as though the Night's Silence item set just has a tooltip error, but we're checking to make sure. Weapon swapping breaking stealth is something new, and we'll make sure it gets passed along so we can start investigating.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Really, you are going to come here and say this on the forums? Weapon swapping breaking stealth is something new, and we'll make sure it gets passed along so we can start investigating

An issue complained about not only in the NB Known issues thread that was Unpinned / Moved / Hidden in the four (4) topic Dev discussion grave yard.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100627/nightblade-update/p1

It has been streamed live (By many people) since the 1st - 3 piece weapon sets were crafted. And I personally had many hours of streaming, showing it and other bugs, on the NB, all discussed here on the forums by others, prior to my streams. (nothing special, but I and others did post the issues in threads on the forums. I am not an uber player, but I did go through the trouble to record and comment on the bugs in real time.)

Not, that anyone from ZOS or ESO should watch a stream to fix bugs, but if it's there recorded and it is mentioned. And, they don't know about it and / or can't reproduce it. And I or some one else has it recorded for them. Maybe it would be worth a few minutes to glean through some of it on the clock?

But, back to this statement, Really. New, you just learned about it? Like, last night? please explain how ZOS / ESO just learned about this ? >:)
    Edited by Zxaxz on June 26, 2014 9:21PM
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ - Another UI bug:
    Something isn't right since you removed the lock icon from item tooltips and changed to text.

The 5th return from GetItemInfo() is supposed to tell whether an item's enchant is locked or not. Currently, it always returns false, no matter the item or tooltip text stating otherwise.
    Edited by Seerah on June 26, 2014 9:29PM
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am honestly amazed that of the huge list of issues they created, the only two are marked as fixed at those that could have lived with staying broken for a while. I was really expecting some of this to be fixed by the time I got home today.
    Edited by timidobserver on June 26, 2014 9:42PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Vanathi
    Vanathi
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to craft a new set of seducer gear for the last 15 minutes. Materials are disappearing out of my inventory, but the crafted items ARE NOT THERE. I've logged out logged in reload ui disabled all add ons yadda yadda yadda and it still happens. :(
    "M'aiq was told to stay away from Oldgate. This confused him. M'aiq remembers when it was called Gate." M'aiq The Liar
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Fighters Guild, Will of the Council:
      This quest is not updating after you kill Aelif.

Spoiler Warning for that one would have been nice :neutral_face:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭
    If it hasn't already been said: Another bug are the major changes to the addon API without any changelog, neither on PTS nor after the patch went live! That broke a lot of addons and addon authors had to find the changes (and what to change on their code) themselves.
    And yes, this should really be seen as a bug!
    This can only be called highly unprofessional...
  • mcmozes
    mcmozes
    how about a refund off gametime i cba playing this broken game till its fixxed so zos takesd still money for a broken unplayable game give us gametime back otherweise many ppl leave the game and since last patch zones startet to be empty
  • necrolineage
    necrolineage
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Divine Trait not working
    Only words or you have some tests results?

I have 5 medium armor pieces with Divine Trait and one without.
    That give a 18% physical critics bonus with the Medium Armor Passive Bonus.
    I use the Thief Mundus stone giving a +5% bonus = total of 23% without the Divine Trait.
    I have still 23% bonus. The 5 x 4.5% bonus of the Divine Trait don't work.

Before the patch my bonus was 29%.

What about a refund of the days we lost due to your inability Zenimax ?
    Edited by necrolineage on June 27, 2014 12:12AM
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported this in-game as a bug, but here:

The Grocer Vendor Magaelion in Elden Root mistakenly sells Chef items instead of Grocer provisioning items.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Racial Motifs & Provisioning Recipes: These now have a value of zero gold. However, this was an unintended change and will be reverted back so they can be sold at a vendor for gold.

The display is still broken on this - it does sell for 9 gold but display still says "0" gold under value.
  • metroda
    metroda
    Soul Shriven
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Divine Trait not working
    Only words or you have some tests results?

I have 5 medium armor pieces with Divine Trait and one without.
    That give a 18% physical critics bonus with the Medium Armor Passive Bonus.
    I use the Thief Mundus stone giving a +5% bonus = total of 23% without the Divine Trait.
    I have still 23% bonus. The 5 x 4.5% bonus of the Divine Trait don't work.

Before the patch my bonus was 29%.

What about a refund of the days we lost due to your inability Zenimax ?

Very strange, divine has always worked with thief in the past, but it comes out to a fraction of a percent when you have on 3-4 pieces. The thief bonus is 5% so 1 piece of divines increases 5% by 4.5% which = 5.225%. Make sure all your gear is repaired, make sure you didn't swap out a weapon with crit, and if that doesn't work grab a different stone then go back and swap in the Thief stone.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Weapon Swap on stealth has always broken it, You could get around it a while back if you used Torgs Pact set as it reduced the delay on everything by 1 second. I would love for Weapon Swap to not break stealth though, won't lie
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see, I never unlock those, stupidly limited skill bar slots are too valuable for highly situational skills sadly. :(

Get the Swaps Addon. Save some presets for situations. Open your skills menu, have the right weapon active, simply click the bar you need, and go. Wonderful.

Also..."situational skills" are necessary to be successful in late game. And no, the limited skill bar is not "stupid." I personally love the skill bar and I love strategizing for each situation and switching out my skills in between combat.

Just an opinion, though.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty minor in the great scheme of things, but filtering by Veteran Level in the Guild Store does not work if from level = to level. For example, searching for VR1 - VR1 returns items of *all* levels. Searching for VR1 - VR2 correctly returns just those two levels of items.
  • Kajoh_Americano
    So....basically the patch broke everything that came with it, and then some.

Nice.
  • Ltankb14_ESO
    Ltankb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Syzmicke wrote: »
    Stonefalls Quest

Protecting the Hall

This quest is stuck in a constant loop where you need to kill spiders and goblins so can not finish it to talk to Hrogar.

Confirmed
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »
    Soul Magic Skill Soul Lock.

Weapon Kills have a 5% chance to trap souls.

So, I've been carrying around 4 empty grand soul gems for 3 days. I've killed a lot of stuff. You'd think they would have been filled by now.

Perhaps this skill isn't working properly?

I agree with this, it used to work way way back in my starter zone era before 1.1.2 or 1.2.3 (2 of the most destructive patches imo).
    Not sure if it is even working its like 0% chance to fill any soul gems.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Saet wrote: »
    I'm an NB archer and I even think chain pull should work to and from walls. Its a risk I take moving up to snipe away at the people brave/stupid enough to run into range.
    NB shadow cloak is definitely very messed up. I'm having mobs see right through every casting of it while I try and run from them while I have no dots on me or them.
    At this point I'd say just roll back the patch. I'm sure they will figure it out and fix it but it might take a bit. I wonder what they plan to have fixed by tomorrow.

I agree, mobs that are casting or start to cast are now able to just cast right thru walls when you line of sight them. It doesn't interrupt them and make them come after you they just stand there behind the wall casting right thru it.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works to fill soul gems with the normal spell. I did several times today.
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Seerah wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ - Another UI bug:
    Something isn't right since you removed the lock icon from item tooltips and changed to text.

The 5th return from GetItemInfo() is supposed to tell whether an item's enchant is locked or not. Currently, it always returns false, no matter the item or tooltip text stating otherwise.

One wonders whose idea was it to change this and what was the issue that prompted the change. More issues now.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    It works to fill soul gems with the normal spell. I did several times today.

Agree, with the normal fill it does, but Soul Lock that is suppose to give you 5% chance to automatically trap souls doesn't.