Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

You nerf weakest class?

• mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    Try taking a melee NB to a dungeon. Just try it once please. You could be the most biased person in the world, and you'll still need to admit that NB as a melee is useless in a dungeon for most of the time when it really matters.

I regularly run into dungeons on my 0/0/49 NB in full medium armor wielding my mighty two handed sword. In big aoe fights i sit in the middle of the mobs spamming brawler and sap spirit laughing as my dps counter reads 1.5k+ (i'm only VR 5 atm) and i never die despite holding 70% of the aggro. Mind you where big single target damage is required I do use a bow - however I'm fine with that as I still get to run in at the end of such fights and repeatedly whack the boss for 1k crits with reverse slash :3.

Also one of the best dps players i've seen was a duel wielding NB - the only thing they could not best me at was sheer aoe destruction. I think people put too much stock in throwing 5 damage abilities on their bars. Typically in a dungeon my 2h bar will look like - brawler (cone aoe that grants a shield per target hit) impale (magicka execute) reverse slash (stamina execute) double take (2 seconds of 30% dodge, 20 of 15%) sap will (minor pbaoe that boost my WD per target hit and heals me per target hit) and veil of blades for ultimate (60% damage reduction) - noting that 1 of my abilities is solely for surviving and 3 assist in my survival. 4 out of my 6 standard abilities are for surviving an extended amount of time. As for bosses that aren't a dps check i sacrifice a very small amount of dps for the flavor of hitting them with a stick by doing the following, brawler (actually applies a rather nice dot) reverse slice, impale, haste, rally and veil of blades. There's honestly been very few bosses that I can't complete with my 2h (yet to try the 3 vr6-10) But I don't think melee NBs are 'weak'
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try taking a melee NB to a dungeon. Just try it once please. You could be the most biased person in the world, and you'll still need to admit that NB as a melee is useless in a dungeon for most of the time when it really matters.

I regularly run into dungeons on my 0/0/49 NB in full medium armor wielding my mighty two handed sword. In big aoe fights i sit in the middle of the mobs spamming brawler and sap spirit laughing as my dps counter reads 1.5k+ (i'm only VR 5 atm) and i never die despite holding 70% of the aggro. Mind you where big single target damage is required I do use a bow - however I'm fine with that as I still get to run in at the end of such fights and repeatedly whack the boss for 1k crits with reverse slash :3.

Also one of the best dps players i've seen was a duel wielding NB - the only thing they could not best me at was sheer aoe destruction. I think people put too much stock in throwing 5 damage abilities on their bars. Typically in a dungeon my 2h bar will look like - brawler (cone aoe that grants a shield per target hit) impale (magicka execute) reverse slash (stamina execute) double take (2 seconds of 30% dodge, 20 of 15%) sap will (minor pbaoe that boost my WD per target hit and heals me per target hit) and veil of blades for ultimate (60% damage reduction) - noting that 1 of my abilities is solely for surviving and 3 assist in my survival. 4 out of my 6 standard abilities are for surviving an extended amount of time. As for bosses that aren't a dps check i sacrifice a very small amount of dps for the flavor of hitting them with a stick by doing the following, brawler (actually applies a rather nice dot) reverse slice, impale, haste, rally and veil of blades. There's honestly been very few bosses that I can't complete with my 2h (yet to try the 3 vr6-10) But I don't think melee NBs are 'weak'

Ye but 75% of the bosses you need ranged..
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    Reco wrote: »
    Nightblade is out of question. It is an outcast archetype -- not meant to play in groups. Templars are meant to play in groups. Or were. Until this patch.

Yep... you confirmed that you are not thinking clearly (as mean as you can get on these forums without being moderated). Now you're just pulling stuff out your ass and arbitrarily deciding what nightblades should be to justify your idea of templars being the weakest when they aren't.

Obviously Zos decided how Templars should play and that meant nerfs to those powers. Get over it.

Let me put a hole in that drum you love to beat

some of us want to play Nb as a rogue

we know Nb can be homogenized to a sorc or tank

NOT INTRESTED!!

Fix the broken s^#t so the rogue archytype can be played

STOP

With the play it the other way because you think we dont get that it can play as sorc or tank

WE KNOW

Go tell the temps to play the dest/rest sorc build they havnt heard that tired argument yet

umm, have you considered maybe running something along the lines of double -take, ember explosion, haste, teleport strike and killers blade? I can tell you now that combo works well for solo leveling - IF YOU PLAY LIKE A ROGUE. pop haste before going in (most solo encounters only involve 2-3 mobs) . - teleport strike from stealth onto the highest threat target - do 1k+ damage on that hit, pop ember explosion followed by doubletake - if you're running soul harvest use it on the enemy you sneak attacked and finish off with killers blade: restore 40% of your hp - note that you're avoiding 55% of all melee damage. avoid redzones - interupt abilities and block power attacks as you've got fuckloads of stamina due to only using the one stamina ability. - with lots of crits with haste up blow up the 2nd biggest threat and finish with killers blade - teleport strike to last target for stun, use soul harvest (yeah it'll be up again) crit crit crit killers blade and done. Congrats duel wielding rogue like NB can solo level.
  • AinGeal
    AinGeal
    ✭✭✭
    First off, I remember when they first stated that players would be choosing a class at character creation. I remember because the players were upset about this. It went against what TES is. So the devs made it clear that by choosing a class at character creation, you are merely choosing a launching point. Meaning you are not restricted to the role of that class. Role = Tank, DPS, Healer.

This thread is basically comparing class vs class in determining whose got it worse. So to compare a Sorc to a NB is not comparing apples to oranges. It fits within the topic of the thread. Due to differences in armor value, heavy should provide better survivability than medium and medium should provide better survivability than light. Also Sorc, as a caster, has plenty of range based skills. NB skills are mostly melee ranged. With both assuming a DPS role, a NB will do better DPS in melee range while the Sorc will do better DPS at range. Therefore a NB in medium armor should be able to take more punishment from mobs than a Sorc in light armor. If this is not the case, then either NB are weaker than they should be or Sorc are stronger than they should be.

I had a V3 NB and it was frustrating to play most times. I was DW medium armor and I tried switching to heavy armor but where my medium was maxed and my heavy was just at 10, the grind I had ahead of me with heavy just made me switch back. So I tried to use bow, but again the grind I had ahead of me (my DW was maxed but bow was at 14) I switched back. I had played the NB as a stealthy assassin but this was a very niche way to play. It only works in certain situations. It was OP vs single target provided the target could be stunned and knocked down. Even bosses. I had a combo that would keep the target stunned for half the fight and knocked down for half the fight. If timed right, I wouldn't even take a hit. This was the only time it shined. Outside this situation and it was almost useless.

Then I made myself an Argonian DK using heavy armor and resto staff. OMG what a huge difference. Where my NB could only solo bosses that could be stunned, knocked down, and didn't have adds. My DK is soloing bosses regardless if they can stunned or not. Regardless if they has some adds or not and is doing so at a much earlier level. I have taken my DK into the public group dungeons and soloed the mob groups (5 or 6 of the same level). Something my NB could never do without using an ultimate (my DK doesn't need to use an ultimate).

How does NB compare to DK? No comparison, NB is left in the dust. How does Temp and Sorc compare to NB and DK? No idea, I haven't really played Temp and Sorc enough to know. However, I have played Cyrodiil enough to see that DK is supreme and Sorc is runner up.

-There is a major imbalance between the classes.

-The stamina based skills are weak compared to magicka based skills

-There is even an imbalance between armors. Switching from medium to heavy should increase survivability and decrease dps but the increase in survivability is greater than the decrease to dps. This makes heavy armor superior to medium armor.
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    Just my humble opinion of the Templar class, as I exclusively play a Templar.

With my current build, full light armor, and plethora of armor boosting abilities, I feel fantastic at where the class is. Sure, they nerfed Biting Jabs a bit, oh well. The nerf made me adapt and become more mobile, and subsequently more aware of my surroundings.

On first tool bar I run; Inner Beast, Biting Jabs, Volcanic Rune, Unstoppable and Bone Shield; Ultimate is Empowering Sweep.

As long as I stay mobile, block accordingly and time my skills, I faceroll veteran rank mobs. Hard. Considering I can almost spam the bejesus out of Empowering Sweep, mobs drop like Skitters after lighting them on fire.

I'm glad they made the class take a little more skill to play, sure it was a learning curve, but such is life.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What you non Templar players don't seem to understand is that Biting Jabs isn't just nerfed, it's broken. There is a lag after using it while you are forced to wait for a new, extended animation to finish. You can't use ANY skill during this animation. So it effectively removes biting jabs from your rotation unless you use it as a finisher. They have already said it is going to be changed back with a higher magicka cost instead. I hope that is the case and the cost is still within reason.

There was no outcry for a BJ nerf. It was nerfed because it was a handy skill for bots. It's outlandish to punish paying customers as a tool to combat hackers and cheaters.

To all of you people who say "deal with it", I advise you to consider what ability the bots may switch to. Because it might be part of YOUR build.
    Edited by Alphashado on 26 May 2014 18:35
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm sincerely hoping that the bots wise up and roll DKs, to see what Zenimax would be willing to do to the most powerful class.
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is not the weakest. If you use it good, its still good. WTH. Not saying its not only 1 or 2 build, but templar can be good. OFC its not as good as DK or Sorc, but at least you got weaker class like NB.