Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Class Rep Program Status

• Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    danwtayl wrote: »
    We had a Class rep program? Wow I didn't know

Even the people in it forgot they were part of it 2 years ago!
  • kindnuguz
    kindnuguz
    ✭✭
    Either way I support the decision.

Why?

Most if not all the "Class reps" I ran into either on streams or where ever were "The cream of the crop", the top 2% of the player base and always played in groups and had the best gear \ items, perfect rotation, weaving experts etc.. GigaChad

In my opinion this didn't represent new \ majority of players.

They managed before it was started, I'm sure it will be fine without it.
    Thanks for the update ZoS
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Cheers folks, if there's anything you want me to relay to the devs, my ear is always open
    Glory wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thank you to the ESO development team for having me as part of the program.
    . I know that despite how hard the representatives worked to listen to the community, there were always difficulties in processing and presenting information from so many.
    Nefas wrote: »
    Now I can break the NDA for ingame Alkahest..
    FeaR Turbo wrote: »
    It was an honor. Thank you for all the memories.
    kindnuguz wrote: »
    Most if not all the "Class reps" I ran into either on streams or wherever were "The cream of the crop", the top 2% of the player base and always played in groups and had the best gear \ items, perfect rotation, weaving experts etc..
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    It's really hard to gauge how effective or ineffective the Class Rep system was due to a lot of the Rep to Dev communication being locked behind a NDA.
    It's been over 2 days since my earlier post-request , so i'm guessing they are still bound by that NDA? (either by contract or by personal choice)

Also, where can one find the aforementioned "public meeting notes" ? Were they linked within the previous sticky thread now since removed & replaced by this new announcement thread?
    Edited by NeeScrolls on 18 June 2022 07:48
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    Cheers folks, if there's anything you want me to relay to the devs, my ear is always open
    Glory wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thank you to the ESO development team for having me as part of the program.
    . I know that despite how hard the representatives worked to listen to the community, there were always difficulties in processing and presenting information from so many.
    Nefas wrote: »
    Now I can break the NDA for ingame Alkahest..
    FeaR Turbo wrote: »
    It was an honor. Thank you for all the memories.
    kindnuguz wrote: »
    Most if not all the "Class reps" I ran into either on streams or wherever were "The cream of the crop", the top 2% of the player base and always played in groups and had the best gear \ items, perfect rotation, weaving experts etc..
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    It's really hard to gauge how effective or ineffective the Class Rep system was due to a lot of the Rep to Dev communication being locked behind a NDA.
    It's been over 2 days since my earlier post-request , so i'm guessing they are still bound by that NDA? (either by contract or by personal choice)

Also, where can one find the aforementioned "public meeting notes" ? Were they linked within the previous sticky thread now since removed & replaced by this new announcement thread?

@NeeScrolls You'll find them in the "Combat & Character Mechanics" section of the forum and the most recent one used to be pinned to the top for a while until it was outdated. You'll also find some collected here, on Alcast's website. I'm pretty sure some are missing from that list though, but at least you have a bunch of them in one place.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao class reps haven't been listened too for a while, the devs don't play the game, and so will have very different perspectives on class balance and combat in general to people who do play the game. Recent justification of warden changes show this pretty clearly.
    I'm better.
  • Oakiyo
    Oakiyo
    ✭✭✭
    If someone has doubt about the inefficiency of this program, just remember they release a patch where Artic Blast was nerfed because it provided "too much offensive pressure".This change went through the entire 6 weeks of PTS despite the huge amount of feedback.
    Edited by Oakiyo on 19 June 2022 09:45
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakiyo wrote: »
    If someone has doubt about the inefficiency of this program, just remember they release a patch where Artic Blast was nerfed because it provided "too much offensive pressure".This change went through the entire 6 weeks of PTS despite the huge amount of feedback.
    And NBs have been asking for Consuming Darkness & Aspect of Terror buff for um... 2 years now ? Something around that. And it is not like it is just NB mains, Others who mained other classes, but they play all classes ask about that too...
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just another way the company is silencing their player base. We as a community ask for better communication and they close off direct communication with a group of players. Its no wonder a lot of people have lost faith in their community managers, this is just another misstep in a long line of tone deaf actions. The class reps are how we got curated dungeon drops and many more QOL features.

I agree this program wasn't perfect, but you don't cancel a program without a replacement program already in place. This announcement should just be honest and say "we are no longer interested in feedback".

The fact that this isn't pinned in the general discussion section of the forums, proves that they wanted this announcement to fly under the radar to prevent backlash.
    Edited by SimonThesis on 20 June 2022 00:45
  • EmilyElizabethESO
    EmilyElizabethESO
    ✭✭✭
    Never forget Checkmath
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of new classes or guild skills etc for a future update, there should just be 3 morphs per class skill instead of 2, that would revitalize the game much more imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I was aware of about 'class representatives' were:
    • created as a cloistered cabal
    • <remain silent>
    • now disbanded

Thanks, I guess.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never forget Checkmath

Yeah...I remember Checkmath breaking their NDA and releasing the Scalebreaker patch notes a couple days early.

*shocked Pikachu face* when ZOS not only didn't change the plans for Scalebreaker in the face of the community's reaction, but also went after them for breaking their NDA.

My perception of the Class Rep program was that it started out with good communication between Devs and the Playerbase, particularly through the published meeting notes that transparently walked us through what the Devs and Reps discussed.

Over time, the program shifted to more internal communication between the Devs and the Reps, with very little of that ever reaching back to the forum community. Part of that was our fault - I remember the blasting the Reps got for the Murkmire nerfs that partly inspired ZOS to make things more private. Some of that was the NDA incident mentioned above. Part of it is that the Devs have repeatedly stated that the more internal state of affairs suits them better.

Frankly, without transparent communication back to the playerbase, I don't even think about the Class Reps. Every so often one of the Class Rep showed up on the forums to assure us the program wasn't dead, and I always felt like "that's cool, but I'm pretty sure it's pining for the fjords."

Turns out the writing was on the wall.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never forget Checkmath

How comes that someone with ONE comment actually knows, let alone remembers and drops a comment about that story ?

That being said, thanks for the trail of nostalgia, I for one had totally forgotten about that drama, and truth be told, it was extremely fun to watch ;-) . Secret early true/false patch notes, insider treason, banishment, glory, noise, revenge, fury, oh my ! True MMO life. Where are all the dramas gone... ?

I HAVE to tag @Verbalinkontinenz on this one, even if I have no clue whether she's still somewhere around. She'll understand ;-)

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on 21 June 2022 22:17
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Instead of new classes or guild skills etc for a future update, there should just be 3 morphs per class skill instead of 2, that would revitalize the game much more imo.

Too much work for little value. Third morphs are still tied to the relevant skills lines and so players cannot build outside of class, which is what players want more of. Extra Guild skills or weapon skills opens up more creativity within classes than morphs do.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good thing, because sometimes too much player feedback results in too many wrong quality of life changes being added to games. Modern game devs forget the player's job is to optimize the game heavily no matter the intent, and we sometimes need a helping hand to go back to the basics.

I look forward to what Rich and the rest of the gang have in store for us.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah we shut down the class rep programm and bring the game down with LA nerfs :hushed:
  • EldritchSun
    EldritchSun
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the classes are gonna be reduced to selection of passives one wants to use with the Fighters Guild and the Mages Guild skills. Right now it's the passives + class hard hitting semi-spammable for DD, class AoE heal for healer and health-based heal+sustain ability for tanks.
    Edited by EldritchSun on 17 August 2022 20:21
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to get the jabs returned close to its original animation? I think ALOT of people would appreciate a dev comment on this matter. Even a hint.
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    HI

Again with the new changes to the game, I would like to get into this class rep system.

There are no pvp HP tanks in the class rep system and you're nerfing all my stuff for the sake of bomb groups .

So please let me in so I can tell you what you're messing up on my builds and this play style.

BLAZING SHIELD is dead.
    SUN SHIELD is dead.
    EVERY damage return set nerfed
    mara just got nerfed
    everything can be dodged and everything can be healed through with heal bots in bomb groups.

In a 3 role system we still only have 2 roles that are effective and in an MMO this shouldn't be a thing. Especially when it we had all 3 roles prior to all the nerfs.

Anyone should be able to play how they would like.

This game was that. Now its continually forcing people into 2 categories of damage or healer.

We can't even get proper 1vX in Cyrodiil without bomb groups running around camping keeps that have been turned.

Yet you take a maintenance and nerf one set that was actually performing as intended.

There are class skills that are useless.

Entire sets that are useless with over drawn cd's .

Sets that had return damage are useless due to the damage nerfs applied to them.

The pay to win class, of Necromancer, that got nerfed hard and can no longer cast summons out of combat.

Yet a sorc can cast all summons out of combat.

So that doesn't make sense, which sorc is the base class and not in the additional pay to win expansions or DLC.

There is so much you're messing up in my play style for the sake of these ball groups

ALSO SIDE NOTE:

the class rep system should be changed to the "ROLE REP SYSTEM"
    that way all three roles of Tank, Damage, and Healer get represented fairly.

Edited by eternalshockcable on 19 September 2022 17:13
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    Ariordin wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get the jabs returned close to its original animation? I think ALOT of people would appreciate a dev comment on this matter. Even a hint.

I agree, but id take the damage we loss back instead of the animation changing lol if we were only able to pick on or the other.
    nb_rich
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Well we can see that by how unbalanced Cyrodiil has become.

Maybe a rethink before canning the whole program.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Please rework necromancer make the skull be as a pet and warden rework the ice skills to winds and make a new ice mage like sorceress please.
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Please lock this thread. I keep forgetting y'all gave up on the class rep system.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    So they say they not adding new weapon which is fine but why not a new staff
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

They don’t need to add a new weapon. But they could split up the Destro staves into three separate lines. It’s not adding any new weapon models. Just giving Mag a few more options outside of class abilities.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

They don’t need to add a new weapon. But they could split up the Destro staves into three separate lines. It’s not adding any new weapon models. Just giving Mag a few more options outside of class abilities.

Maybe that work I agree [snip]

[edited for petition/protest]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 28 February 2023 11:50
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I would personally like to see them further combine Destruction Staves so that they can more easily be alternated between in combat. At the moment, you have to decide which staff to run before even going into content. This makes Ice Staff an obvious "support" staff, period. The options then are Lightning and/or Inferno for DPS. However, Lightning Staff is pretty much the clear decision outside niche flame builds. Lightning has better single target damage AND AOE cleave. Inferno just has... more single target damage? Lightning is more useful in more situations.

Dealing single target? Swap to Inferno Staff. Lots of adds show up? Spread the damage around with Lightning Staff. Taking too much damage? Swap to Ice Staff for that shield proc.