The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trader swap issue - EU server

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shamisa_En wrote: »
    Ideally they should be taking the servers down already, but it seems pretty quiet...

It's sunday evening in the middle of august... there's little point in taking the servers down (and it would have to be both servers I guess ? Or is it just PC/EU ?) if you don't have the staff to fix the problem.
    Also, trading is a big part of the game for us traders... but other players don't care that much. They're still in dungeons and trials, or hunting down Wrothgar world bosses because it is also the last day of the event. They haven't noticed yet. There will probably, however, be more noise tomorrow when people want to buy stuff and find nothing at guild traders.
    I wouldn't be surprised, however, if most people simply didn't care and this goes relatively unnoticed. Wait and see..

This hasn't happened on PC/NA yet. Our trader flip is still an hour and 45 minutes away.

... is it ?
    In this case yes, ZOS should definitely stop the process on PC/NA ... wow... what a mess !

As far as I'm aware, Guild Trader turnover is 8pm GMT on PC-EU and 8pm EST on PC-NA. This time moves forward an hour when daylight savings is active, so it's currently 9pm EDT (= 3am CEST).
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have no trader. Another guild hired the trader we were supposed to have. I could not hire a trader because the system said I already had a trader, but i didn't.

If only they let us test this more thoroughly, as we asked. I hope. They compensate the players in a positive way for the inconvenience this caused many, and I hope. They work on patching it for next week.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 18 August 2019 22:30
    Options
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭
    Shamisa_En wrote: »
    Point of taking servers down? If we're looking at a rollback that also means lost progress, in case servers have been accessible the whole time.

I know what you mean, but you can't take the servers down if you have no solution, no strategy and no ETA. And the people in charge of such big decisions (both in the managerial and the technical fields) might not even be available because it's sunday evening in the middle of August. That's what I meant.
    I seriously doubt they'll roll back the entire game for entire hours or even days just for a trading system issue. They'll probably collect the gold back from trading guilds (the extra refunds) and let the rest go its merry way until next sunday.

I doubt it's possible to simply "collect the gold back", and because of this the issue seems a bit larger than "just a trading system issue."
    Edited by Shamisa_En on 18 August 2019 22:29
    The devil's in the details.
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to say it, but i'd rather they shut us down and work on it than let the flip go and destroy our server too. From what I'm reading it isn't just trading, but guilds, cyro, etc that are experiencing major issues.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also got info that we won the bid, but when I go there the trader have change new npc, so were is the old npc I liked her XD.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Wait did you say a FEW bids went wrong lmfao white knighting at its finest. But hey ya gotta stick up for the big guys might get some brownie points with ZOS LOLZ

I'm not sticking up for anyone, this fiasco is just another reason why the guild trading system is such rubbish.

If the Servers can't handle something that supposedly impacts a small population of the game, then what makes you think that it can support the traffic that will occur with a GAH?

This current incident is down to the patch code, not the servers.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait did you say a FEW bids went wrong lmfao white knighting at its finest. But hey ya gotta stick up for the big guys might get some brownie points with ZOS LOLZ

I'm not sticking up for anyone, this fiasco is just another reason why the guild trading system is such rubbish.

If the Servers can't handle something that supposedly impacts a small population of the game, then what makes you think that it can support the traffic that will occur with a GAH?

This current incident is down to the patch code, not the servers.

no it isnt. the bidding problem was a server load issue. only the multplied bids might be a coding problem.
    the guild history and data packages already got drastically decreased in u23, still today on sunday evening the game and the servers managed to lagg out due to the data load. this is not only the patch code.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are now trying to launder gold they got from badly calculated trade bid refunds by buying up anything and everything in guild kiosks.

This will forever break the economy if no rollback or some other way to fix it.

I just said, imagine the big boss's refund money :D:D:D

yes they immediately needed to take the money back, but both these things cannot be done unless a good roll back.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Question, though: Did you win the bid you placed? If you didn't win, it would make sense that you'd be able to hire. If someone beat your bid, though, you wouldn't have a trader and thus be free to hire...

No idea. The bid I placed just seemed to vanish into thin air!! All I know is we had the trader, then it was available for hire for 10k. There was no in between.
    Edited by Ecstatica on 18 August 2019 22:43
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no it isnt. the bidding problem was a server load issue.

Well, to be honest we don't know about that. The fact is that sundays evenings around bidding time have been a catastrophy in terms of performance on PC/EU for months and months. And we are not aware as players of anything else happening on sunday evenings but the trader flip. Therefore we correlate the two. Maybe we're right, maybe not.
    But frankly, how could sorting out 1000 bids be a server load issue, for a game that deals with millions of data exchange and calculations every single minute ? Even with multibidding ! That's something anyone with half a clue about computing can sort out in Excel in 10 minutes. How could that possibly lead to a whole server crumbling down the way it does ? Just wondering. Makes no sense at all.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no it isnt. the bidding problem was a server load issue.

Well, to be honest we don't know about that. The fact is that sundays evenings around bidding time have been a catastrophy in terms of performance on PC/EU for months and months. And we are not aware as players of anything else happening on sunday evenings but the trader flip. Therefore we correlate the two. Maybe we're right, maybe not.
    But frankly, how could sorting out 1000 bids be a server load issue, for a game that deals with millions of data exchange and calculations every single minute ? Even with multibidding ! That's something anyone with half a clue about computing can sort out in Excel in 10 minutes. How could that possibly lead to a whole server crumbling down the way it does ? Just wondering. Makes no sense at all.

it was a general server load issue. i didnt say the multi idding was the core issues in that line. but they closed the guild history, so it was related to the server load somewhere coming from the guilds. ;)
    and yes an auction house would most likely increase those issues drastically with calculating much more amounts each time u open a guild store, calculating average prices and so on.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    on EU it happens at 8pm bst, so during summer time. if NA is on summer time (idk anymore) then theyre currently on +1, dont need to add another
    baratron wrote: »
    This hasn't happened on PC/NA yet. Our trader flip is still an hour and 45 minutes away.

... is it ?
    In this case yes, ZOS should definitely stop the process on PC/NA ... wow... what a mess ! [/quote]

As far as I'm aware, Guild Trader turnover is 8pm GMT on PC-EU and 8pm EST on PC-NA. This time moves forward an hour when daylight savings is active, so it's currently 9pm EDT (= 3am CEST).[/quote]

@SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auction house should actually generate *less* traffic than guild traders. Right now if someone were to search for an item in the main guild traders in just the top 10 zones, they would generate 50 queries. An auction house would generate 1.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are now trying to launder gold they got from badly calculated trade bid refunds by buying up anything and everything in guild kiosks.

This will forever break the economy if no rollback or some other way to fix it.

Isn't that intentional exploiting though? People can't not realize they got 4x they bid and suddenly go on a shopping spree.

it is innitial exploiting, and i hope everyone trying to launder or get the gold away gets banned for it, or his guild bank set to minus, so the amount gets removed even if the guild is under 0 then. the gold then still will be in circulation tho and this is an issue still. zos wont ever be able to follow it up and readjust it.

The game launched with at least one, possibly more, item duplication bugs. People duplicated gold materials and made millions in gold. As far as I know not a single gold piece or duplicated item was removed from the game.
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's probably several issues going on.
    The flip, for some reason, took more time than usual, leading to traders being up for grabs. And it bugged out entirely, with guilds getting multiple "you won" messages but no trader and multiplied refunds.
    I'd guess the latter led to the former, but that's speculation at this point. And yes, the raw calculations shouldn't be a problem for the ridiculously overtuned calculators that we use to play the game.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Auction house should actually generate *less* traffic than guild traders. Right now if someone were to search for an item in the main guild traders in just the top 10 zones, they would generate 50 queries. An auction house would generate 1.

Plus all the business would be spread evenly through the week, there wouldn't be a Sunday evening bidding war.
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus all the business would be spread evenly through the week, there wouldn't be a Sunday evening bidding war.

And killing a whole subcategory of People who actually play this game for its Trading System.

The fact that the whole Trading System is Playerrun and ZOS only changes Droprates is by far the best thing in this game. And it actually hurts how much those ppl get overlooked..
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cani wrote: »

And killing a whole subcategory of People who actually play this game for its Trading System.

The fact that the whole Trading System is Playerrun and ZOS only changes Droprates is by far the best thing in this game. And it actually hurts how much those ppl get overlooked..

I bet the vast majority of players never opened the guild trader interface. There is no scarcity in normal stuff such as basic crafting materials, so unless you need a lot of them you typically get all you need by playing the game. Stuff that sells just moves around among a small percentage of players. All but a handful of relevant gear sets are bound on pickup. There are no mechanisms in place to prevent item flipping and price gouging. I'll give you that there seem to be some people who enjoy the guild trader minigame. But I honestly think the game would be better off if ZOS finally trashed it and implemented an AH with some sanity checks.
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I bet the vast majority of players never opened the guild trader interface. There is no scarcity in normal stuff such as basic crafting materials, so unless you need a lot of them you typically get all you need by playing the game. Stuff that sells just moves around among a small percentage of players. All but a handful of relevant gear sets are bound on pickup. There are no mechanisms in place to prevent item flipping and price gouging. I'll give you that there seem to be some people who enjoy the guild trader minigame. But I honestly think the game would be better off if ZOS finally trashed it and implemented an AH with some sanity checks.

Does every single thread need to turn into a Global AH discussion? Can't we just stick to what's broken for now?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does every single thread need to turn into a Global AH discussion? Can't we just stick to what's broken for now?

Sure. Guild trading system is broken - bring in AH :)
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get urself get cauggt into moronic destructive auction house duscussion. They are just there to troll and derail.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on 18 August 2019 23:10

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We get it. You and @Tandor have an axe to grind. Really. We get it.

Also, telling people in a thread about ZOS fixing a favoured (for them) part of the game that it should be removed and replaced its entirety probably isn't the route I would have taken.
    Edited by Iluvrien on 18 August 2019 23:15
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe for the guys who only buy things they need, but there are alot of People who run around the World to get the most Gold possible. It's fun and engaging, you don't need a Group, Level or anything besides your Ability.

It would be so incredibly sad, if they just did an auction house. And I really think you underestimate the Trading Community. They are probably the ones who have spent the most of Time, Blood, Sweat and Tears in this game and get ignored for the most part...

And just ignoring Issues that come up by just making an Auctionhouse would strip this game of one of its fundamentals!

Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that people are surprised that this all went horribly wrong lol. Par for the course at ZOS HQ.
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These two things are not related to each other. Buying a kiosk for the week has nothing to do with buying items from a guild store.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

We get it. You and @Tandor have an axe to grind. Really. We get it.

Also, telling people in a thread about ZOS fixing a favoured (for them) part of the game that it should be removed and replaced its entirety probably isn't the route I would have taken.

I have no axe to grind. I replied to an ongoing discussion that was already hanging on traders vs auction house. I don't dismiss people who support the current system, and said as much in my posts. I just think right now the guild trader system and ZOS' whole approach to the game economy make it little more than a footnote in ESO.

I'd like nothing more than a robust economy. In fact I'd make every item tradeable, and the best gear craftable. That is not what we have. I don't recall the last time I bought anything that wasn't nirncrux to research on my alts, or plain materials for my writs. For one year jewelry master writs made no sense whatsoever and the recent fix basically tells us to throw away all the old writs. Every time there's an event, motif prices come crashing down. Gold platings are so expensive probably 99% of players will never run gold jewelry - in fact many already only bother with golding weapons. The economy is an afterthought at best.

This said, I take my leave of this discussion and await any news on the multibid issues.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eddied post to not talk about GAH anymore.....
    Edited by wolfie1.0. on 18 August 2019 23:42
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Can we have an update, please?

We're one hour out from NA's flip.

Should we expect the same experience as EU?
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to say I'm LOLing here.

1) Did anyone really expect this to go smoothly? ZoS Quality Control is worse than Italian Bridge Building Companies.

2) I always said that this was going to make the already really rich even richer - I was correct.

3) I genuinely didn't think that ZoS could make the worst MMORPG In-Game-Trade-System any worse - but they can.

4) Incompetence on this scale is borderline genius level entropy.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Can we have an update, please?

We're one hour out from NA's flip.

Should we expect the same experience as EU?

I was expecting it but thankfully didn't get it. Things seemed to go rather smoothly, for our trader anyways.
    Did anyone on NA have the same issues as EU?
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

Options