The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trader swap issue - EU server

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are already many billions on the servers. A couple billion more isn't really the problem. The problem is that the bidding and/or switch over isn't functioning properly.

it is a problem, bcs when u multiply thing, the richer get richer, the poor might get more gold, but not equally. so while u had a gap of maybe 150m between u and an opposing superrich guild, its 1.5 billion now :P

It impacted every bidder though not just them. I'm not really saying it is good or bad right now, and I understand your point. I am, basically, just saying. I'm more concerned that people who won bids don't have their traders. That should be patched first. So it doesn't repeat. Then they can work on other issues within the system afterwards as they see fit.

Many of us said this system would cause problems, and it unfortunately did, but they can still patch it up tomorrow or later in the week.

Best regards
    Edited by Arrodisia on 18 August 2019 20:37
    Options
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a horrible feeling that we are just going to have to live with this. I would have expected the server to be brought down by now if they were going too roll it back or try and fix the bids.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what you get when you fire your whole QA team ...
    dry.gif

Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread, but relevant here:
    My chief complaint with the multi-bid system was that it was impossible to test it thoroughly. The PTS does not get the same traffic, nor does bidding on it have the same urgency. I specifically said it was impossible to know how long it would take the server to calculate the results of the bids, and that it would cause problems when multi-bid went live.

It appears to me that what has happened is related to precisely that. There is always a delay of about 5 minutes between bid close and when results are posted. There is further another 5-minute delay between finding out if you've won your bid and unbid traders being able to be hired. It seems that 5 minutes was not enough time for those calculations to be made with the new multi-bidding "feature" and since there was no additional delay coded in, the kiosks went "available to hire" before the results of bids were posted.

This sucks, and I'm so sorry to all those affected. As if running a trade guild and dealing with the weekly bids isn't stressful enough, to have this introduced by a system that was intended to make this "less stressful" is an extraordinary slap in the face. @ZOS_GinaBruno, you guys have time to stop this from happening on PC/NA. Please do.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ We mentioned the lack of testability and the importance of load ad nauseam.

Over and over and over again...
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    I placed 7 bids, I received 7 mails saying I won yet my primary location is held by someone else

Surely after such a massive change to how the system works ZOS would have heightened awareness staff to ensure it worked as expected on live?

Help please ZOS :)

Just go to the trader you want quickly and hire him or her for 10k for now. That is the only thing that worked. ALL traders had no guilds, the only hired ones are the ones taht people got manually quickly after.

That's called Exploiting! Do it at your own peril!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    ^ We mentioned the lack of testability and the importance of load ad nauseam.

Over and over and over again...

Yes we did. Others and myself practically begged them to just hold off until we could test it, or find another way to fix the issue.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 18 August 2019 20:57
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are already many billions on the servers. A couple billion more isn't really the problem. The problem is that the bidding and/or switch over isn't functioning properly. A new patch which fixes it for next week will be just fine.

Certainly preferable to the whole server being rolled back because a few guild trader bids went wrong.
    Options
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭

I picked up my trader for 10k, the one I've had for the past 10+ weeks that I bid on and their system failed. If they call that an exploit, I'm out.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    There are already many billions on the servers. A couple billion more isn't really the problem. The problem is that the bidding and/or switch over isn't functioning properly. A new patch which fixes it for next week will be just fine.

Certainly preferable to the whole server being rolled back because a few guild trader bids went wrong.

Serious question: Do we know it's only "a few"?
    Options
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭

You do realize the wealth gap between higher and lower tier guilds just multiply expanded here?
    Edited by Shamisa_En on 18 August 2019 20:57
    The devil's in the details.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am still cracking up lol
    nobody ever predicted it. we predicted it to be bugges yeh, but everyone thought they will lose a *** of gold by zos not claculating refunds correct. instead of everyone got multiple times of all bids back :D
    Its require some skill.
    repeatably wiping on first trash in Wayrest 1, is this an skill issue?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait did you say a FEW bids went wrong lmfao white knighting at its finest. But hey ya gotta stick up for the big guys might get some brownie points with ZOS LOLZ
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ecstatica wrote: »

I picked up my trader for 10k, the one I've had for the past 10+ weeks that I bid on and their system failed. If they call that an exploit, I'm out.

Question, though: Did you win the bid you placed? If you didn't win, it would make sense that you'd be able to hire. If someone beat your bid, though, you wouldn't have a trader and thus be free to hire...
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just kick everybody of Traders, make a Rule that the Hire can only happen AFTER all the Bids are done, and redo the Bids while the Server is closed for the Public!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_KaiSchober / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom / @ZOS_BillE / @ZOS_GaryA

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490038/reroll-the-bid-tomorrow-while-the-servers-are-down/p1?new=1
    Edited by JN_Slevin on 18 August 2019 21:42
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well its not the bidding thing which needs to get the rollback. one week isnt that bad at all. the gold brought into the game by failing in calculation is the ugly thing. oin pc eu two major alliances got over 1 billion refunded each, multiple amount of what they bid. so all other gm got refunded multiple bid amounts. this is pretty insane.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think what he said should be read as "Who cares about traders, don't roll back"
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all were in the dark about what was happening. So, no. It shouldn't be an exploit. It was the only available workaround to secure a trader, you would already have had through bidding. The system failed to work properly. You didn't initiate anything knowingly. We all, legitimately, thought we had to hire the traders in that moment, because every single vendor was empty imho.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 18 August 2019 21:29
    Options
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The longer we wait the less likely a rollback becomes, the negative impact on people earning items/gold/achievements which would be lost if they do a rollback now would cause even more complaints.

I have a feeling we will be asked to live with it while they make promises that there will not be a repeat next week.
    Edited by Titansteele on 18 August 2019 21:15
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We all were in the dark about what was happening. So, no. It shouldn't be an exploit. It was the only available workaround to secure a trader you would already have had through bidding. The system failed to work properly. You didn't initiate anything knowingly. We all, legitimately, thought we had to hire the traders in that moment, because every single vendor was empty imho.

We shouldn't eat each other because ZOS screwed up. It's their fault, that's it. Not yours.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The longer we wait the less likely a rollback becomes, the negative impact on peoplearning items/gold/achievements which would be lost if they do a rollback now caught cause even more complaints.

I have a feeling we will be asked to live with it while they make promises that there will not be a repeat next week.

You assume they will address it. If they do, it'll be a few days from now.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not saying a few traders rather than all of them, I'm comparing the number of affected trading guilds to the overall number of players affected by a server rollback. There should be a way of dealing with those guilds that resolves the issue for this week with a patch fixing it thereafter, without the need for everyone's progress in the game being rolled back. If ZOS can roll back the bidding process on its own then that's fine.

Besides, if they were going to do a server rollback then they should have announced it by now and taken down the NA server so they could implement a fix before that server was hit too.
    Options
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭

Question, though: Did you win the bid you placed? If you didn't win, it would make sense that you'd be able to hire. If someone beat your bid, though, you wouldn't have a trader and thus be free to hire...

your answer from my side

unknown.png
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Wait did you say a FEW bids went wrong lmfao white knighting at its finest. But hey ya gotta stick up for the big guys might get some brownie points with ZOS LOLZ

I'm not sticking up for anyone, this fiasco is just another reason why the guild trading system is such rubbish.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well its not the bidding thing which needs to get the rollback. one week isnt that bad at all. the gold brought into the game by failing in calculation is the ugly thing. oin pc eu two major alliances got over 1 billion refunded each, multiple amount of what they bid. so all other gm got refunded multiple bid amounts. this is pretty insane.

I understand this is a trying situation. I'm not happy with it either, but a rollback would, unfortunately, impact people who have nothing to do with the bidding system as well. It wouldn't be fair to them at all, and it isn't really necessary imho. It needs to be patched regardless. So why inconvenience the players more? Instead, they can patch it up and offer an apology for the triple canniption we had when we saw. We had no traders suddenly, even though we won.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 18 August 2019 21:22
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »

your answer from my side

unknown.png

Thanks for posting this. It clears a lot up.
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying that a select group of players getting 1,000,000,000 extra money won't have effect on other people? RIP server economy and guild competition.
    The devil's in the details.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think ZoS was so stupid.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I understand this is a trying situation. I'm not happy with it either, but a rollback would, unfortunately, impact people who have nothing to do with the bidding system as well. It wouldn't be fair to them at all, and it isn't really necessary imho. It needs to be patched regardless. So why inconvenience the players more, instead of just patching and offering an apology for the heart attack we almost had when we had no traders suddenly?

I doubt we'll see a quick resolution to this on EU.

ZOS (Gina) managed 3 posts between in 17 minutes in the "RIP EU Server" thread... and there has been nothing since (1.5 hours and counting).

I'll be interested to see if NA gets a hotfix that prevents the problem occurring.
    Options