The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

15 GB Patch on PS4

• Razgriz_2142
    Pman85 wrote: »
    some of you guys have some serious internet speed issues.

Work for sky get 20mbps adsl connection for free, its not great but passable Didint expext to get another 16gb patch when they said incremental update

besides i work in bb tech as my day job, its not always the persons fault they cant get good speed, especially rural areas and the line quality itself always play a factor aswell as the fact wireless speed is lower etc a lot of the time it isnt the persons fault or even the isp fault

its not very fair to ask people to download another massive patch but say this was only incremental is my point, i woudnt mind if they had said ok this patch will be this big and all that before the maintenance and a lot of people would most likey be the same as it would give them a good idea of what they were dealing with im off work today and was looking forward to a quick patch n go like the days of WoW incrementals

only upside is it means i'll just play guitar or boot up the ps2
    Options
  • GMFW
    GMFW
    Soul Shriven
    after pausing the DL a few times, it scattered all over. at one point it said 99+ hours lol. had no clue it could say that! after a few pauses it did drop to under an hour. i still wouldnt call it "quick"...
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your complaing about them bringing a game out thats not ready, yet if they had posponed realease youd all be [snip] about that too! If you want a glitch/bug free game then learn to be paitent.

They did postpone the release. Several times

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 24 June 2015 16:01
    Options
  • Astrids_fire
    Astrids_fire
    ✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora's tentacally butt! A 15 gig patch??
    Well maybe I'll play next week :D
    Can I get a thieves guild with this patch? lol
    Stealing sweet rolls.
    Options
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    Your complaing about them bringing a game out thats not ready, yet if they had posponed realease youd all be [snip] about that too! If you want a glitch/bug free game then learn to be paitent.

game launched in 2014, still contains a hell lot of bugs on both versions, but after 1 year we cant get a stable/playable version cause its still beta :D You sir are a fanboy !

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 24 June 2015 16:02
    Options
  • funkyjunky77
    I just checked my Internet speed and it's 59Mbps download and yet the patch says it's going to take 26hrs, lol.
    I tell you, this game is giving me more and more reasons to not play it anymore.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, if console folks are complaining now, what is gonna happen when it it is a significant patch and there is a 30 or 50 gig download. I'm pretty sure its happened a few times on PC already.

Seriously My play time during the day is the same time as Patch time, so I usually consider any day I get to play on patch day a bonus.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the servers are down all day instead of a couple of hours on those days so it makes it that much worse.
    Edited by Casdha on 24 June 2015 15:12
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    15GB!? You could make an entire army of sheep with that size.
    Edited by Armitas on 24 June 2015 15:09
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Razgriz_2142
    Casdha wrote: »
    Ha, if console folks are complaining now, what is gonna happen when it it is a significant patch and there is a 30 or 50 gig download. I'm pretty sure its happened a few times on PC already.

Seriously My play time during the day is the same time as Patch time, so I usually consider any day I get to play on patch day a bonus.

Its more the fact we are pretty much re downloading content we already have installed from the day 1 patch if they were adding in the new areas sure i would probably not be that bothered, its the fact we are downloading data which is just esentially wasting peoples time and bandwith
    Options
  • funkyjunky77

So if you were in a restaurant and you found a hair in your soup and the waiter said to you "I'll just change that for you sir, I'll get you a new bowl in 15 hours" you'd be totally happy with that would you?

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 24 June 2015 16:03
    Options
  • LastShot6
    LastShot6
    As said earlier already, delete the update file, then go to the elder scrolls app and check for update. My download time improved from 72 hours to 3 hours.

Also, having you playstation 4 in rest mode will slightly increase download time as well.
    Options
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the fact that it's a redownload and what a lot of people may be forgetting is planetside 2 released yesterday so psn is getting high traffic. That's why the download speeds are so slow. ESO launch, planetside two and a Final Fantasy DLC
    Options
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Is the patch downloading automatically if the PS4 is in rest mode?
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Options
  • funkyjunky77
    *** all crying about having to wait for somthing... Go cry to mum and dad you spoilt kids.. Your complaing about them bringing a game out thats not ready, yet if they had posponed realease youd all be bitching about that too! If you want a glitch/bug free game then learn to be paitent. Props to the ZOS team for putting up with your *** all day.

So if you were in a restaurant and you found a hair in your soup and the waiter said to you "I'll just change that for you sir, I'll get you a new bowl in 15 hours" you'd be totally happy with that would you?

And you find out after 15hrs, that you've got exactly the same bowl of soup, just minus the hair, lol
    Options
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    just found a neat trick with google. If you change your primary and secondary dns you can get your download right down. ive gone from 15hrs to 1hr now.
    Options
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    God i hate psn
    Options
  • EulogyOFaPharaoh
    I just checked my Internet speed and it's 59Mbps download and yet the patch says it's going to take 26hrs, lol.
    I tell you, this game is giving me more and more reasons to not play it anymore.

pause and restart the download a few times until you get your normal speeds back.
    NA Server - EP
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its more the fact we are pretty much re downloading content we already have installed from the day 1 patch if they were adding in the new areas sure i would probably not be that bothered, its the fact we are downloading data which is just esentially wasting peoples time and bandwith

*Sigh*
    Hey guys. Today’s PS4 patch size is 15.9GB because it also includes patches 01.01 – 01.03. We’ll be posting more information about this later today here on the forums.

Options
  • Maldrix
    Maldrix
    mikwin wrote: »
    just found a neat trick with google. If you change your primary and secondary dns you can get your download right down. ive gone from 15hrs to 1hr now.

So you gonna share a link or what?
    Options
  • brunomotaxpeb17_ESO
    brunomotaxpeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    from 23hour
    now 50minutes left

how?restart ps4 lool
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** all crying about having to wait for somthing... Go cry to mum and dad you spoilt kids.. Your complaing about them bringing a game out thats not ready, yet if they had posponed realease youd all be bitching about that too! If you want a glitch/bug free game then learn to be paitent. Props to the ZOS team for putting up with your *** all day.

Perfect analogy because a bowl of soup is equivalent to a major console game. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Stories-Bones-Tell
    It's quite fun to see console players going completely bananas every patch or server maintenance day. Reminds me of the early days in WoW where everyone would demand a refund for their sub on such days.
    Options
  • jaredhatter01_ESO

This. A lot of work full time jobs. I read this game was going to have an almost 16 gig day one patch. Even though I work extremely early on Tuesday mornings (have to be in by 6), I set my alarm to wake up for the Gamestop midnight release so I could make sure I could have this huge file downloaded when I got home from work. Now having to download essentially the same file on my day off (two days off a week like most people) is a nuisance. It's not entitlement or whatever, but this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I get that MMOs needs patches, but browsing the forum, it seems this has been an issue on PC before.

It also doesn't help that PSN is notorious for slow download speeds.
    Edited by jaredhatter01_ESO on 24 June 2015 15:17
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. A lot of work full time jobs. I read this game was going to have an almost 16 gig day one patch. Even though I work extremely early on Tuesday mornings (have to be in by 6), I set my alarm to wake up for the Gamestop midnight release so I could make sure I could have this huge file downloaded when I got home from work. Now having to download essentially the same file on my day off (two days off a week like most people) is a nuisance. It's not entitlement or whatever, but this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I get that MMOs needs patches, but browsing the forum, it seems this has been an issue on PC before.

Again SIGH

Read ya buggers :D
    Hey guys. Today’s PS4 patch size is 15.9GB because it also includes patches 01.01 – 01.03. We’ll be posting more information about this later today here on the forums.

Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So is this only PS4 or XB1 also? My guess is in either case it is the fault of the console companies and not ZOS as each Patch needs to be able to patch store bought discs. It could be that they won't allow them to have two versions of patch. Then again it could be that ZOS doesn't want to pay for two versions of a patch to be certified. 2 versions being Full and Essential versions of the patches.

Edit: small edit corrected a screwed up re-write.
    Edited by Casdha on 24 June 2015 15:21
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: Forgot to mention that the servers are down all day instead of a couple of hours on those days so it makes it that much worse.

yesss. make it hurt so good,
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

Options
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    *complains incessantly that ZOS needs to fix the game* -> *moans even more when they release a patch to fix it and has to wait a few hours for download.*

Some of you guys....
    Options
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    *snip*

Which are the patches downloaded already, right?

So you're not getting anything new, just the patches you already had?
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver

Options
  • Lich180
    Lich180
    ✭✭
    It's quite fun to see console players going completely bananas every patch or server maintenance day. Reminds me of the early days in WoW where everyone would demand a refund for their sub on such days.

Now I'm just annoyed that my ps4 doesn't like to switch to the proper hdmi channel every time, since I'm restarting my ps4 often lol
    Edited by Lich180 on 24 June 2015 15:21
    Options
  • Fartman
    Fartman
    ✭✭✭
    Imhotep71 wrote: »
    Is the patch downloading automatically if the PS4 is in rest mode?

I had to log in to the game in order for it to kick me off and say it needs to download a patch.
    Options