The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

15 GB Patch on PS4

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A5ko wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »
    *snip*

Which are the patches downloaded already, right?

So you're not getting anything new, just the patches you already had?

As Gina said it contains multiple patches the 15 gigs we downloaded on the console day one was apart of the game already.

We did warn as many as we could here as the pc version is very large and the day 1 download was required.
  • floormat
    floormat
    Soul Shriven
    Deleted the download a few times and now it went from 6 - 10 hrs of downloading down to 90 minutes download time.
  • cabbagechest
    Shoot. I'd have fired it up this morning before I left for work if I'd have known.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just for page 7 before you go blasting zeni lol like angry children read this first.

Hey guys. Today’s PS4 patch size is 15.9GB because it also includes patches 01.01 – 01.03. We’ll be posting more information about this later today here on the forums.

Edited by Heromofo on 24 June 2015 15:22
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    floormat wrote: »
    Deleted the download a few times and now it went from 6 - 10 hrs of downloading down to 90 minutes download time.

Don't delete it just pause and restart. I've had to do this several times throughout the download because when speeds drop back down to 16 hours you aren't going to want to restart the patch each time.
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    *snip*

As Gina said it contains multiple patches the 15 gigs we downloaded on the console day one was apart of the game already.

We did warn as many as we could here as the pc version is very large and the day 1 download was required.

So a re-download of day one content? I can imagine why that is annoying to many.
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver

• Dexder
    Dexder
    mikwin wrote: »
    just found a neat trick with google. If you change your primary and secondary dns you can get your download right down. ive gone from 15hrs to 1hr now.

I dont trust them. And i never had more Speed with Google DNS, tested it several times.(Powered by DSL and approx 50m away from DSLAM) Its better (and Safer) to stay with your ISP's DNS Servers.
    "Video Games don't affect Kids. If Pacman had affected us as Kids, we'd all be runnin' around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
  • Aqualina
    Aqualina
    We ask for a patch to fix the game, and it just to happens to include updates 01.01 to 01.03, and all people can do is be upset at them? I mean, would it have been better for the game to stay unpatched and no updates? Can't please everyone I guess...
  • floormat
    floormat
    Soul Shriven
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    floormat wrote: »

Don't delete it just pause and restart. I've had to do this several times throughout the download because when speeds drop back down to 16 hours you aren't going to want to restart the patch each time.

Well i tried doing that but it wasn't working for me. Deleting it did but who knows why the pausing wasn't working. Going to let it coast without touching it.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snip*

So a re-download of day one content? I can imagine why that is annoying to many.

Wow lol

Gina just said this patch is large because it contains multiple patches.
    It has Nothing to do with the day one patch bud again that patch was required because of the game file before the console release.

@nastuug sometimes I miss the pc side :D
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    *snip*

Wow lol

It has Nothing to do with the day one patch bud again that patch was required because of the game file before the console release.

I thought we were already on 1.0.3 for consoles..?
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snip*

Wow lol

@Heromofo Mhm. Just remember to wash those filthy console hands before you touch the keyboard. >:)
  • Razgriz_2142
    Casdha wrote: »
    Ha, if console folks are complaining now, what is gonna happen when it it is a significant patch and there is a 30 or 50 gig download. I'm pretty sure its happened a few times on PC already.

Seriously My play time during the day is the same time as Patch time, so I usually consider any day I get to play on patch day a bonus.

Its more the fact we are pretty much re downloading content we already have installed from the day 1 patch if they were adding in the new areas sure i would probably not be that bothered, its the fact we are downloading data which is just esentially wasting peoples time and bandwith

So is this only PS4 or XB1 also? My guess is in either case it is the fault of the console companies and not ZOS as each Patch needs to be able to patch store bought discs. It could be that they won't allow them to have two versions of patch. Then again it could be that ZOS doesn't want to pay for two versions of a patch to be certified. 2 versions being Full and Essential versions of the patches.

Edit: small edit corrected a screwed up re-write.
    Gta gets an incremental about every other month for content updates and we dont donwload the full patch again the bar literally starts t percentage and just adds on.Same with fifa and updates through this year.

Its a balls up on ZOS's side to be honest

Im looking at 13h til i get it downloaded, basically to redownload a patch i already have.

total joke honestly contemplating selling this game i really enjoy it aswell but jesus christ zenimax have dropped the ball big time for something as simple as an incremental patch
  • Dexder
    Dexder
    It's quite fun to see console players going completely bananas every patch or server maintenance day. Reminds me of the early days in WoW where everyone would demand a refund for their sub on such days.

Did you even read what it's all about?
    "No, sorry, just wanna bash Console players"
    "Video Games don't affect Kids. If Pacman had affected us as Kids, we'd all be runnin' around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
  • nixkeeh
    nixkeeh
    i've got fibernet which has 100mb/sec download rate and this patch is taking 15 hours to download..
    what is up with that ???!!!
    DC Dragonknight - PS4 - EU
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    *snip*

Wow lol

@Heromofo Mhm. Just remember to wash those filthy console hands before you touch the keyboard. >:)

:D
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, if console folks are complaining now, what is gonna happen when it it is a significant patch and there is a 30 or 50 gig download. I'm pretty sure its happened a few times on PC already.

Seriously My play time during the day is the same time as Patch time, so I usually consider any day I get to play on patch day a bonus.

Its more the fact we are pretty much re downloading content we already have installed from the day 1 patch if they were adding in the new areas sure i would probably not be that bothered, its the fact we are downloading data which is just esentially wasting peoples time and bandwith

So is this only PS4 or XB1 also? My guess is in either case it is the fault of the console companies and not ZOS as each Patch needs to be able to patch store bought discs. It could be that they won't allow them to have two versions of patch. Then again it could be that ZOS doesn't want to pay for two versions of a patch to be certified. 2 versions being Full and Essential versions of the patches.

Gta gets an incremental about every other month for content updates and we dont donwload the full patch again the bar literally starts t percentage and just adds on.Same with fifa and updates through this year.

Im looking at 13h til i get it downloaded, basically to redownload a patch i already have.

total joke honestly contemplating selling this game i really enjoy it aswell but jesus christ zenimax have dropped the ball big time for something as simple as an incremental patch

It's the same on PC. Patch sizes are usually a few GB. You end up re-downloading the same content that has been updated.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nixkeeh wrote: »
    i've got fibernet which has 100mb/sec download rate and this patch is taking 15 hours to download..

I'd say every tom,*** and harry is downloading it atm lol a que is forming and slow downloads are following. :D
  • Robin_Ekenberg
    Duerdal wrote: »
    This patch is telling me I have 40hrs for download, Christ I've got a super fast line and should do this in no time. What the hell is with this speed.

i know right, i have 100mb down 10mb up, and mine is telling me 33 hours, what is this? been waiting all day to play and now this, not a good way to get started, got this game yesterday and so far i had more downtime then PLAYTIME -.-
  • funkyjunky77
    *** all crying about having to wait for somthing... Go cry to mum and dad you spoilt kids.. Your complaing about them bringing a game out thats not ready, yet if they had posponed realease youd all be bitching about that too! If you want a glitch/bug free game then learn to be paitent. Props to the ZOS team for putting up with your *** all day.

So if you were in a restaurant and you found a hair in your soup and the waiter said to you "I'll just change that for you sir, I'll get you a new bowl in 15 hours" you'd be totally happy with that would you?

Perfect analogy because a bowl of soup is equivalent to a major console game. :smile:

No, of course it's not, but the general idea is the same. When you buy a item, whatever it is, you expect it to be in working order.
    The people in this thread aren't moaning about the download per se, they're moaning about having to download pretty much the exact same patch that they downloaded on day one and I don't think that frustration is unreasonable to be honest.
  • nixkeeh
    nixkeeh
    download taking so f******cking long i'll have to spend time with GF :D
    DC Dragonknight - PS4 - EU
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    K resting my ps4 with (1.5gb done and 9 hrs to go bbl to see how far it done) gl all.
  • jcollinson10preub18_ESO
    nastuug wrote: »

It's the same on PC. Patch sizes are usually a few GB. You end up re-downloading the same content that has been updated.

on pc you can use an N or even AC router. on ps4 we cant even use a freakong 5Ghz signal
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    mikey27 wrote: »
    15gb is this serious???
    Total is now 70gb for one game we only get 500gb and mine is under 50 already...

Edit: got 31gb on my console before i update...

Sonys fault why didnt they sell 1tb/2tb systems at launch, i assumed games would be 20/25gb max so you could get 15+ games, (and they would still be tight imo..)

it will only be overwriten u dont get 15 gb more it overwrite old files as i understand
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • StarCityKilla
    This 15 gb does not increase the file size of the overall game it overwrites info already there......PC had the same stuff go on I played on there for a year so it is normal for huge games like this
    It was the skooma I tell ya......
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have another game on PS4, the Golf Club, and every time there's a patch/bug fix the whole game gets downloaded every time. Fortunately it's not a big file so it started with 1GB now it's 2.5-3.0 gigs. Maybe it's the way PS4 does things. Fortunately in 15 minutes, the patch is a 3rd done.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nixkeeh wrote: »

Pause and restart until it works right. trust me
  • diknmuis
    diknmuis
    mikwin wrote: »
    thx mate that does the job for my, or did, while I'm writing this it gets down again
    thx anyway
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    So xbox gets a 500mb patch and we get 15gb? Its like Zenimax are deliberately trying to sabotage this game