Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nobody fishes. So why not get rid of the bait items in plants and undead mobs?

• columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    Hmm, ive heard rumors about this miracle techniqe for problems like these. Somehow people have thrown away items they found not usable or worth to keep, try Google, must be a guide out there hos to do it?

Heh. I know you're being sarcastic, but just in case: The problem isn't people not knowing how to destroy stuff, the problem is the people who leave the worms in the plant nodes so that 1) you go to pick a plant and it's useless 2) the plant doesn't respawn properly until someone gets scrod.

Forcing plant nodes as Take All would solve that problem in a flash.
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fish from time to time even though the rare fish part is broken. Mainly I'm trying catch my first wet gunny sack.
    Edited by driosketch on 20 May 2014 15:40
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not reliably fixed. Collectible fish are bugged, and sometimes do not trigger the achievement nor load into inventory.
  • Moroch
    Moroch
    ✭✭
    Wow.... if you actually convinced them to remove fishing I would be utterly gutted. I LOVE fishing. I do it at every single fishing hole I see. In fact I love fishing so much that I try as much as possible to NOT group with people because I don't want to annoy them when I stop to fish...

I really can't understand how this effects other non-angler players' enjoyment of the game??? Okay, so you have some bait in your bag, it is worth 0g to a vendor so just Right-Click and Junk it. As soon as your bags are too full you delete those baits from your Junk or you just email all your bait to @Moroch who will be so unbelievably happy that you did...
    "Go fiddling with any locks around here and we're going to have a real problem"
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to fish, but cba atm because it's broken.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not reliably fixed. Collectible fish are bugged, and sometimes do not trigger the achievement nor load into inventory.
    Yeah mine is working but others say it isn't working for them. Guess I am lucky that mine are being applied to the achievements and such.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing could be fun if there was a good reason to do it. Like having a random chance of fishing up a treasure chest like you get from treasure maps. It would be good if fish were used for provisioning as well, but the way it is now I fail to see the point in doing it.

You clearly haven't done much fishing. I fish up "Wet Gunny Sack" all the time & there is a chance of some pretty good stuff out of there. I got 2 Kuta runes in one, so there's a 4k g catch right there. I'm not complaining.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We wanted to pop in and let you know that we've moved this discussion from the Support forum to the General Discussion forum, where we will continue to monitor your feedback. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a few people try it out in the very first area when the game first launched, since then I've not seen anyone but NPCs fishing -ever-.

I see no reason to believe anyone does it, and the bait items are nothing but useless clutter. They aren't worth a single gold piece and people are constantly leaving them in plant mats so they don't respawn.

Just get rid of them. It doesn't really need to be fixed because nobody uses it. No one will miss it, or rather the few that will are such an extreme minority that it's not really worth considering.

This isn't something that really needs to be improved. It's just a feature that as far as I can tell, nobody uses and nobody will miss if it's gone.

I could see it if there was a decent population of fishers in the game, but I've never seen it. As it is now, the bait items are just annoying clutter that doesn't need to be there and fishing itself is an unused feature for the vast majority of users.

The game would be better without fishing, or at least creating another separate way to gather worms and bugs for fishing without sticking them in plant resources. Make little dirt mounds or leaf pile resources for gathering them. Maybe I'm just not seeing the fishers in the game and they do need a way to gather their bait, but it doesn't seem it and it's just intrusive as it's implemented right now.

There are few things more annoying than players who take plant mats and leave bugs behind and cleaning them out of the inventory is an unnecessary hassle.

It's nice that it was tried, but from what I've seen it's a failed and unused mechanic that doesn't need to be there. If that's the case, just get rid of it. I doubt anyone will really miss it.
    Fishing could be fun if there was a good reason to do it. Like having a random chance of fishing up a treasure chest like you get from treasure maps. It would be good if fish were used for provisioning as well, but the way it is now I fail to see the point in doing it.
    fishing used to originally be for provisioning. Now they took it out and just left it as.. that.

theres no reason for fishing at all. So I have never considered it, and many people havent. I dont care about any acheivements related to it. Thus bait is worse than vendor junks. For at least you'll get some gold out of them, bait is literally just a waste of space.

While fishing should give more things and items for provisioning it does currently give you crafting items and you always have a chance to get rare items. You can randomly pull up old sacks. many times i have pulled up purple Enchanting runes and even yellow upgrade materials for blacksmithing and clothiers. These are some rare items worth alot.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fish, I am in a fishing guild, My guild has 30 members, 30 members fish, people are fishing, your argument is invalid.

Now on a more serious note, please explain how removing items for game features benefits the game as a whole and how this isn't a personal gripe of your own that your bags get filled with a few extra items from time to time, or players leaving bugs behind.

A better way of addressing this issue would be make fishing more relevant in the game so the bait items found in plants have a demand and value meaning looting them is worth doing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The different types of fishing holes use different type of bait to cathc more fish and have betetr chance at rare fish and items. bugs work in rivers, guts work in lakes and ponds, worms work in the ocean, and crawlers work in toxic pools. As you fish in these spots you can catch rare bait that work even better, but these baits are also best used in certain places and never they place you get them. I cant remember for them but i do remember that you catch minoes in the ocean and you use them in lakes for a much higher chance to catch rares
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_D wrote: »
    I would fish if it would serve some useful purpose like obtaining provisioning mats or there was a chance to get some useful item from it. As it is now, I have no incentive to ever fish. I agree, the insect parts and worms are simply another way to clutter our already insufficient bag space.

like i said above the more you fish the better you get and increases your chance of getting rare fish and rare crafting materials in sacks (even purple and yellows) certain bait works mush better in certain places
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like fishing and don't want it to go away. If you don't like it, don't do it, why remove what other people are enjoying?
    But I agree with you that they should fix the problem with people not taking the worms in an alchemy plant.
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    I fish :o
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Remove fishing from the game immediately!
    ---- "bob" the slaughterfish

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not need PVP. I never saw anybody do PVP, so please let's get rid of PVP, nobody needs it, the game would be better without PVP...

you know if they did get rid of it that would probably clear up about 95% of the complaining going on. Hmmmm
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Get the loot filter add-on. Issue solves.
  • Zionysus
    Zionysus
    ✭✭✭
    With fishing, we need houses for our trophies. Fishing could go toward provisioning as many have said. But for those that find it relaxing: without any real return all I hear is my timer clicking on my $15 and my gpu cooking unnecessarily.

Boy my gpu fan sounds awfully loud when I'm not in combat. :p

But there's potential.
    Edited by Zionysus on 20 May 2014 17:12
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best solution would be a 0 inventory space infinite capacity bait box . Problem solved.

Crafting mat bags would be awesome to.
    Edited by PBpsy on 20 May 2014 17:14
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Tusnelda
    Tusnelda
    ✭✭
    Nobody fishes because of inventory problems. Where should we put it?

So - ZOS should first find a better solution for inventory organisation. Something like an automated way to place crafting materials in a crafting material bank, so we can use our inventory for other things like amor/weapons.
    Please remove @userid from Tamriel and replace it with our charnames
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    I fish from time to time, not very often since I'm still busy leveling, but I do. Actually, I'll be holding a fishing event with my guild sometime next week for a change of scenery. As for further uses of fish, I am absolutely sure ZOS will implement it in a later update.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that bait is pointless to most players. At the very least give us the option to tag stuff as "auto-destroy on pick up". The main reason this is so annoying is because it takes up out INV slots.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I view it as a placeholder. In the end there will probably be some recipes you can also fish up to provide foods that apply to secondary stats such as

- crit chance
    - crit resist
    - crit damage

Also it would be good to factor in achievements based on region and have competitions from time to time.

There are many placeholder areas, zones, events and activities in MMO's.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do fish, its relaxing and you can get quite a lot of cool things from it. Its just that fishing is bugged, I have no idea why or what went wrong there - but its bugged and they are going to address this with 1.1 if I recall.
  • Capjack01
    Capjack01
    I usually take up fishing in most of the games that have it. I fish IRL and enjoy it. there does, however, have to be a reason to do so. as it stands, its not productive nor does it change from one to another level, spot nor trophy.

there's no 'skill', either in doing so, nor in any sort of advancement...even just as far as a badge of honor/bragging right. I mean really...at the VERY least, have the remote chance of snagging a saltwater croc or some sort of sea serpent/elemental and having to fight it on the spot.

as it is...why even have it there?
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fish on occasion. Once we get player housing I have a few trophies to add to my walls.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The different types of fishing holes use different type of bait to cathc more fish and have betetr chance at rare fish and items. bugs work in rivers, guts work in lakes and ponds, worms work in the ocean, and crawlers work in toxic pools. As you fish in these spots you can catch rare bait that work even better, but these baits are also best used in certain places and never they place you get them. I cant remember for them but i do remember that you catch minoes in the ocean and you use them in lakes for a much higher chance to catch rares
    Well that's useful to know. Maybe now that I know that I won't get any more useless used bait when I fish.

I've only done a tiny bit of fishing until last night, when I fished for a good half hour or so with one of my alts (while watching TV). When I went and sold the fish I was surprised by how much money I made doing it. I might start actually keeping all the bait I find so I can fish more.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the fish caught were used in provisioning.

Let us cook up some crit, speed and power food with them.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant write in chat with guildies while fishing is a deal breaker for me. Make fish a part of the provisioning system. Make rare fish valuable to sell and so on...

Zenimax has stated that they will change fishing to make it more interesting and worthwhile, im looking forward to that, ive played another MMO that had fun fishing in it, so it can be done
    Edited by Phantorang on 20 May 2014 17:51
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave fishing and bait in. Leave the left overs for the bots :p