Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm done with the "Kill a Marauder" quest in the Infinite Archive

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Again, Marauders HAVE NOTHING TO DO HERE.

If you don't go to IA Lady Thorn won't appear, if you don't load the game Lady Thorn won't appear, if you don't turn on your PC Lady Thorn won't appear.

There are 1.000.000 reasons why Lady Thorn can appear, on Arc 1 or on Arc 20.

Stop blaming Marauders and the daily quest as they have nothing to do with your Lady Thorn issue.

Lady Thorn or no Lady Thorn, she doesn't want to do the Marauders quest because of how long it takes. It's Lady Thorn that made her realize this but that doesn't mean her issue is with Lady Thorn. People can have an epiphany about one thing while doing a different one. There's nothing wrong with that.

Her issue is with the marauders. A lot of people have issues with the marauders. Her issue is very clearly that they seem to come late in Arc 2 quite often.

So she wants the Marauder to come sooner in case she has a bug with the game?

We can make trials shorter, quests shorter, dungeons shorter, everything shorter and sooner in case we have bugs then.

Edited by Dragonnord on 6 September 2024 14:21
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It does have to do with Marauders and the fact that they aren't appearing until late in the Arc ever since the latest changes which I stated in the first paragraph of my original post.

Is this really a fact? Or just a run of bad luck? I have never done IA Arc 2 more than I have the past month, to unlock the new achievements. Because I have been doing only 2 Arcs and then quitting, instead of going to Arc 5 or 6. It slows down too much in later Arcs and hurts Visions/Verses per time played. And the Marauder placement in Arc 2 has been no different than before. Sometimes early, sometimes middle, sometimes late.

I do not think any change was made to push Marauders later in Arcs. I think that is just RNG and you are on a rough streak, which happens.

But Lady Thorn being bugged is not RNG. That was a bug in the 4-man dungeon and the IA version inherited it.

It's not a fact, as I run IA every day and for me Marauders tend to appear soon in the arc.

Also, if they appear right away or late in the Arc is the same exact thing, since difficulty is the same during the whole arc.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 6 September 2024 18:16
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So she wants the Marauder to come sooner in case she has a bug with the game?

No. I want the Marauders to come sooner like they always did for me before these new quests were added.
    Others may be lucky to get the Marauder early in the Arc but I rarely get one before Cycle 4 since these quests appeared.

The bug and losing all my threads in Arc 2 (which is something that never happens to me) only made me realize just how much longer it would take to do this quest if I ever had to start over, or even just failed to kill one. This was the first time I was faced with that situation.

Even if a player doesn't lose all their threads but just fails to kill a Marauder they still have to complete that Arc then start another Arc, where they may not get another Marauder until the end of that Arc. Plus the Marauders are more difficult with each Arc.

On the other hand, the Fabled quest is able to be done by a certain Cycle, guaranteed. If a player dies doing this quest they don't have to reset and start the whole thing over. Whereas the Marauder quest is all up to chance and can cause the player to have to spend way more time to complete it.

The Marauder quest should be more in line with the time it takes to do the Fabled quest.
    Edited by SilverBride on 6 September 2024 17:30
    PCNA
  • JaxontheUnfortunate
    Could be worse the last three runs the first Marauder I have gotten every time is gothmau in a small map. :)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be worse the last three runs the first Marauder I have gotten every time is gothmau in a small map. :)

He is actually my favorite Marauder.
    PCNA
  • JaxontheUnfortunate

He is actually my favorite Marauder.

I don't mind him if I have room to maneuver properly but on a small map I take great pleasure in having a bite from my kill. :)
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Marauder quest should be more in line with the time it takes to do the Fabled quest.

Why? When you do Pledges or Daily Randoms sometimes you get easy Fungal Grotto 1 and sometimes it is one of the last DLC dungeons that are more difficult, or Maarselok or other dungeons that are super long.

And people don't go asking to put pledges in line with their times.

Same with daily quests from PvP boards that sometimes you get an easy mission like capturing 9 resources and sometimes you get killing 150 players.

Or sometimes you get the daily quest to scout a a keep that is near your base and sometimes you are sent to scout one that is on the opposite side of the map, and you can get killed 10 times before doing it, if you do it at all and don't quit.

And people don't go asking to make these dailies all similar in timings, distance or difficulty.

Or you get a daily quest on any DLC city to kill a world boss that you can't kill alone and there is no players around to help and you can wait plenty of time and still no one available.

And I can put a lot more examples of situations or dailes that take less or more time and people don't aski to align them.

It's pure RNG. It's how it works.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

I already gave the reasons why with clear examples.

This is my feedback. Others may have different experiences but that does not invalidate mine.

It's time to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
    Edited by SilverBride on 6 September 2024 18:34
    PCNA
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate marauders. they kill you in two very fast shots, and i just find it super annoying. and ia is just very boring anyway. give me spellscar and a load of players running around crazy any day
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it good that i's hard to complete the quest, because the reward is very powerful.

Why should everything be handed out easily in the game? Most things are but this is the infinite archive, it's supposed to be a challenge.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -snipped for brevity-
    Why?

All of those are things others have complained about in the past. For example, there are threads up rn wishing they could skip a daily reward so that they don't need to add Fang Lair to their dungeon pool.
    It's pure RNG. It's how it works.

Yes. That's the problem a lot of people seem to have. "That's how things currently work" is not an answer to "Is this how things ought to work?" Plenty of people don't like it when bad luck RNG is a way worse experience than normal. Even when I don't agree with them, as in the case with the dungeons, it's not hard to see why they'd feel that way. Personally, I think the Marauder quest should get it's rewards upped because of how much more time consuming it can be than the other quests. But I don't blame anyone who'd rather not bother.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 19:37
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it’s not a good idea to have a daily quest that forces you to run more than one arc.

The IA was first touted as something that every level player should be able to complete the first arc.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s not a good idea to have a daily quest that forces you to run more than one arc.

The IA was first touted as something that every level player should be able to complete the first arc.

Well, that hasn't happened for me in a long time. I got through one my very first time, and ever since, it seems to have gotten more difficult, because I pretty much only make it to the third boss, and die, and it doesn't matter who it is. The only reason I even do the IA anymore is just to get an endeavor done which requires it and there isn't anything else on the list worth doing for me.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran the Infinite Archive and luckily got the Fabled quest. After I finished it I went on to complete the rest of the Arc. Marauder Bittog showed up in Arc 2, Cycle 4, Stage 1.

It is hard to believe it's just RNG when they never showed up this late for me before this quest was introduced.
    PCNA
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally was able to destroy the new marauders. Had to use both offensive and transformation verses to try to keep alive. They really are able to one shot you even with 30k health and shields up.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just ran the Infinite Archive and luckily got the Fabled quest. After I finished it I went on to complete the rest of the Arc. Marauder Bittog showed up in Arc 2, Cycle 4, Stage 1.

It is hard to believe it's just RNG when they never showed up this late for me before this quest was introduced.

A tip for you, once you get the Fabled quest, you can share it with a friend, they get it and share it back to an alt character of you, so an alt character always has stored the Fabled quest. Next day, your alt shares the quest to any friend and that friend shares it back to your main char. That way you can always do the Fabled quest day after day.

Edited by Dragonnord on 6 September 2024 23:23
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A tip for you, once you get the Fabled quest, you can share it with a friend, they get it and share it back to an alt character of you, so an alt character always has stored the Fabled quest. Next day, your alt shares the quest to any friend and that friend shares it back to your main char. That way you can always do the Fabled quest day after day.

Thanks for the info!
    Edited by SilverBride on 7 September 2024 04:36
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »

Well, that hasn't happened for me in a long time. I got through one my very first time, and ever since, it seems to have gotten more difficult, because I pretty much only make it to the third boss, and die, and it doesn't matter who it is. The only reason I even do the IA anymore is just to get an endeavor done which requires it and there isn't anything else on the list worth doing for me.

If it weren’t for the furnishing plans and leads in there, I wouldn’t be running the content myself.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll still take that quest because I do arc 2 nearly every day. But if the marauder gets me, not going again. Just abandon the quest and pick up fabled next day. 12 more quests to go for her achievement.

Another thing is she gives those mystery avatar verses as reward. The other day I found you can only use 1 of those per archive run. So those lost some value to me.
    Edited by oldbobdude on 7 September 2024 01:55
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    Just abandon the quest and pick up fabled next day.

I've gotten the same quest 2 days in a row before.
    PCNA
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe so. I’ve been smacked down by marauder twice so my sample size isn’t great. At least for me it gave me fabled the day after I abandoned the failed marauder quest.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe so. I’ve been smacked down by marauder twice so my sample size isn’t great. At least for me it gave me fabled the day after I abandoned the failed marauder quest.

I am going to keep track and see how often it gives me the same one back to back.
    PCNA
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doing this quests on 4 toons, so far it's always the 1st one per day is marauder, the 2nd one is fabled. Although I have normally no problem with marauders I prefer the fabled because this is done for sure in arc 2-3 while marauders a pretty often are coming at the end of arc 3.

Edit: I'm not doing every day the quests with this 4 toons, I'm doing it in that way that at least 3 of them are having the quests from both questgivers in the archive done so just in case I don't have time enough or I am not in the mood for the archive I can bring in the quests. But sometimes I am in the mood for the archive and then I'm doing the quests for "forgot her name" twice. That's why I noticed that it seems to be always first the marauder quest and then the fabled.
    Edited by Oznog666 on 7 September 2024 08:48
    PC EU
    1 Healer, 1 Tank, 3 DD, 5 more Toons just for fun
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oznog666 wrote: »
    I prefer the fabled because this is done for sure in arc 2-3 while marauders a pretty often are coming at the end of arc 3.

That can't be, since Marauders always come first at some point on Arc 2, no exceptions.

Edited by Dragonnord on 7 September 2024 11:12
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, true, typo - i meant end of arc 2, sorry
    PC EU
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Did a quick test: after 20 minutes I had a marauder (Hilkarax) in arc 2-2, but as I had this time the fabled I had to continue and it took me around 25 - 30 minutes. I still prefer the fabled xD.
    PC EU
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    How do you even get this quest? This is the first time I hear about this
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goren wrote: »
    How do you even get this quest? This is the first time I hear about this

There is a new daily quest giver inside the IA that gives one of two different quests each day.
    PCNA
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed them coming later in the Arc since this new quest was added. The past few times it's been Cycle 3 or 4 before they appeared for me.

It's just RNG.

In the last IA run I did, I got marauders in the first cycle three times in a row: 2-1-1, 3-1-1, and 4-1-1.

And in the last three IA runs that I did, I killed a marauder before completing the Fabled quest (I always get Fabled first, and then once I complete that, I get the marauder quest so that it's theoretically possible for me to complete both quests before 3-1-1, but this requires that I get a late marauder, which hasn't happened.

Again, it's all luck of the draw.
    Edited by code65536 on 7 September 2024 21:02
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I've noticed them coming later in the Arc since this new quest was added. The past few times it's been Cycle 3 or 4 before they appeared for me.

It's just RNG.

In the last IA run I did, I got marauders in the first cycle three times in a row: 2-1-1, 3-1-1, and 4-1-1.

And in the last three IA runs that I did, I killed a marauder before completing the Fabled quest (I always get Fabled first, and then once I complete that, I get the marauder quest so that it's theoretically possible for me to complete both quests before 3-1-1, but this requires that I get a late marauder, which hasn't happened.

Again, it's all luck of the draw.

I prefer maurader first just for this reason