Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm done with the "Kill a Marauder" quest in the Infinite Archive

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm done with the "Kill a Marauder" quest in the Infinite Archive. It's not because I find the Marauders too difficult, because I do pretty well with them. It's because they come so late in the Arc now when they used to often appear in the first cycle. And this caused me a big problem today.

I made it to Arc 2, Cycle 4, Stage 3 without a Marauder appearing yet today, and ran into the one boss I can rarely defeat solo... Lady Thorn. I even popped a Mystery Transformation and still couldn't get her. I did come close but close doesn't count. I ended up losing all my threads and there was no way I was going to go back and start from scratch.

So unless these Marauders start appearing sooner in the Arc again I am done with this quest.
Edited by SilverBride on 5 September 2024 21:34
PCNA
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See I have had the opposite experience, with marauders showing up in 2.1.1 or 2.1.2.

It's only a matter of time before both our luck changes.

Personally I wouldn't mind a little more quest variety, rather than just the Marauders or Fabled, but it's a nice little daily to have available
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to think it's RNG... I got 2 marauders today each in first Cycle of the corresponding Arc.
    I'm not sure they changed anything about that spawning time - I've had bad luck too, seeing them appear just before Tho'at, since the launch of the Archive.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed them coming later in the Arc since this new quest was added. The past few times it's been Cycle 3 or 4 before they appeared for me.

But I am not going to start over if I fail for a reason like this again. It's just not worth it to me. So I just won't accept this quest any more.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its been random for me

my run last night through arc 4 had 1 marauder show up in cycle 4 and then the other 2 marauders show up in cycle 1

i personally prefer the marauder to show up earlier to get it done with lol

the fabled quest is worse than the marauder because you have to get to like cycle 4 of arc 2 to kill enough fabled where as the marauder you have a chance to finish it earlier
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the fabled quest is worse than the marauder because you have to get to like cycle 4 of arc 2 to kill enough fabled where as the marauder you have a chance to finish it earlier

Me too!

But at least with the Fabled if we fail for some reason and have to start over, we still have however many we already got and only have to finish, which we may be able to do in Arc 1.

With the Marauder, if we have to start over, we are guaranteed to have to do part of Arc 2, if not most of it, to try again, and then it's not guaranteed we will defeat them.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too!

But at least with the Fabled if we fail for some reason and have to start over, we still have however many we already got and only have to finish, which we may be able to do in Arc 1.

With the Marauder, if we have to start over, we are guaranteed to have to do part of Arc 2, if not most of it, to try again, and then it's not guaranteed we will defeat them.

yeah it would take like 3 arc 1 runs to finish the fabled but it can be done without going to arc 2

i cant say from my own experience about the quests as i usually dont even lose a thread until arc 3 (or higher), companion tanks are excellent at holding marauders and bosses, but cant protect me well from the trash mobs for when im trying to solo with one of my dps toons

if im running with a friend, ill sometimes bring a tank toon and let them dps since my tank toon can face tank the marauders up through arc 4 (gothmau past arc 4 usually start needing extra heals or kiting)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant say from my own experience about the quests as i usually dont even lose a thread until arc 3 (or higher), companion tanks are excellent at holding marauders and bosses, but cant protect me well from the trash mobs for when im trying to solo with one of my dps toons

I rarely lose a thead before Arc 3 also, but this one boss... Lady Thorn... she is the one that I always have trouble with. She is a real Thorn in my side, pun intended.

I wouldn't have cared today but it really messed me up being able to finish the "Kill a Marauder" quest and I'm just not willing to chance it any more.
    Edited by SilverBride on 5 September 2024 22:11
    PCNA
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made it to Arc 2, Cycle 4, Stage 3 without a Marauder appearing yet today, and ran into the one boss I can rarely defeat solo... Lady Thorn. I even popped a Mystery Transformation and still couldn't get her. I did come close but close doesn't count.

I am wondering what causes a hard time for you with lady thorn.
    Is it possible, that you encounter the bug, which makes the green circle disappear in rare cases and you die from the shadow outside of the circle then?

On Arc 2 bosses usually don't deal much damage, so I am a bit surprised. Especially with a transformation.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made it to Arc 2, Cycle 4, Stage 3 without a Marauder appearing yet today, and ran into the one boss I can rarely defeat solo... Lady Thorn. I even popped a Mystery Transformation and still couldn't get her. I did come close but close doesn't count.

Is it possible, that you encounter the bug, which makes the green circle disappear in rare cases and you die from the shadow outside of the circle then?

On Arc 2 bosses usually don't deal much damage, so I am a bit surprised. Especially with a transformation.

the lady thorn fight is actually really bad if you have the WW transformation, because you mainly heal from dealing dmg and lose access to your skills, so your only method of healing is an ally or potions

I rarely lose a thead before Arc 3 also, but this one boss... Lady Thorn... she is the one that I always have trouble with. She is a real Thorn in my side, pun intended.

I wouldn't have cared today but it really messed me up being able to finish the "Kill a Marauder" quest and I'm just not willing to chance it any more.

lady thorn is definitely one of the more annoying bosses because of the whole bat swarm phase, just so time consuming, she does her flyby passes way too frequently
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I knew. I do see a green circle but it only lasts a few seconds. I have defeated her solo before but it's very rare I am able to.
    PCNA
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I knew. I do see a green circle but it only lasts a few seconds. I have defeated her solo before but it's very rare I am able to.

Then it totally makes sense, that she is unkillable for you.
    The green circle should stay the whole phase, till you killed 4 of those adds and used the synergy on all 4 corpses.

I wonder if someone ever found a solution for this disappearing circle.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant say ive ever had the circle bug out on me in the archive version of lady thorn, definitely had it happen a lot in the actual dungeon though lol

the dot in arc 1 or arc 2 isnt too bad but still takes constant healing to outheal it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then it totally makes sense, that she is unkillable for you.
    The green circle should stay the whole phase, till you killed 4 of those adds and used the synergy on all 4 corpses.

I wonder if someone ever found a solution for this disappearing circle.

I am going to look into this. Thank you!
    PCNA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are dying to the Marauder or bosses on Arc 2 then you definitely need to check your build or keep practicing.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    If you are dying to the Marauder or bosses on Arc 2 then you definitely need to check your build or keep practicing.

I said "It's not because I find the Marauders too difficult, because I do pretty well with them." in my original post. And I also said that there is just one boss that ever gives me trouble, and it appears that I am running into a bug that is causing my issue.
    Edited by SilverBride on 6 September 2024 11:13
    PCNA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I said "It's not because I find the Marauders too difficult, because I do pretty well with them." in my original post. And I also said that there is just one boss that ever gives me trouble, and it appears that I am running into a bug that is causing my issue.

Then if you have no problems with the Marauder and no problems with the bosses (only with ONE boss out of like 100 bosses that IA has) why you are complaining?

Your thread title should have been "Bug with Lady Thorn boss in IA" as it has nothing to do with Marauders then.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then if you have no problems with the Marauder and no problems with the bosses (only with ONE boss out of like 100 bosses that IA has) why you are complaining?

Your thread title should have been "Bug with Lady Thorn boss in IA" as it has nothing to do with Marauders then.

It does have to do with Marauders and the fact that they aren't appearing until late in the Arc ever since the latest changes which I stated in the first paragraph of my original post.

"I'm done with the "Kill a Marauder" quest in the Infinite Archive. It's not because I find the Marauders too difficult, because I do pretty well with them. It's because they come so late in the Arc now when they used to often appear in the first cycle. And this caused me a big problem today."
    Edited by SilverBride on 6 September 2024 11:14
    PCNA
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone in another thread had a great idea. They suggested the two quests be combined into one to kill 10 Fabled OR a Maurauder.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Someone in another thread had a great idea. They suggested the two quests be combined into one to kill 10 Fabled OR a Maurauder.

I really like that idea.
    PCNA
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again, Marauders HAVE NOTHING TO DO HERE.

If you don't go to IA Lady Thorn won't appear, if you don't load the game Lady Thorn won't appear, if you don't turn on your PC Lady Thorn won't appear.

There are 1.000.000 reasons why Lady Thorn can appear, on Arc 1 or on Arc 20.

Stop blaming Marauders and the daily quest as they have nothing to do with your Lady Thorn issue.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, this thread is about Marauders now coming much later in the Arc for me since the new quest was introduced. I gave an example showing how this prevented me from completing it today because of an encounter that didn't end well. The result is that I was not willing to restart the run from scratch and run 2 more mostly complete Arcs just to complete this quest.

This thread is not about Lady Thorn and a bug I wasn't even aware of until another poster pointed out that may be why I often have issues with that boss.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't go to IA Lady Thorn won't appear, if you don't load the game Lady Thorn won't appear, if you don't turn on your PC Lady Thorn won't appear.

Stop blaming Marauders and the daily quest as they have nothing to do with your Lady Thorn issue.

Lady Thorn or no Lady Thorn, she doesn't want to do the Marauders quest because of how long it takes. It's Lady Thorn that made her realize this but that doesn't mean her issue is with Lady Thorn. People can have an epiphany about one thing while doing a different one. There's nothing wrong with that.

Her issue is with the marauders. A lot of people have issues with the marauders. Her issue is very clearly that they seem to come late in Arc 2 quite often.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 02:19
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I get annoyed with how late they come in the arc as well. I have two choices with them. Swap to a tankier more boring build that makes an already easy arc even easier and slower, just on the off chance Gothmau will show up, or lose a thread. It's annoying. It's a bit better when I don't have to do most of the arc like that, so I also prefer they show up sooner rather than later.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does have to do with Marauders and the fact that they aren't appearing until late in the Arc ever since the latest changes which I stated in the first paragraph of my original post.

Is this really a fact? Or just a run of bad luck? I have never done IA Arc 2 more than I have the past month, to unlock the new achievements. Because I have been doing only 2 Arcs and then quitting, instead of going to Arc 5 or 6. It slows down too much in later Arcs and hurts Visions/Verses per time played. And the Marauder placement in Arc 2 has been no different than before. Sometimes early, sometimes middle, sometimes late.

I do not think any change was made to push Marauders later in Arcs. I think that is just RNG and you are on a rough streak, which happens.

But Lady Thorn being bugged is not RNG. That was a bug in the 4-man dungeon and the IA version inherited it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Lady Thorn or no Lady Thorn, she doesn't want to do the Marauders quest because of how long it takes. It's Lady Thorn that made her realize this but that doesn't mean her issue is with Lady Thorn. People can have an epiphany about one thing while doing a different one. There's nothing wrong with that.

Her issue is with the marauders. A lot of people have issues with the marauders. Her issue is very clearly that they seem to come late in Arc 2 quite often.

That is it exactly. If the Marauder came sooner and I ran into an issue (which very rarely happens to me) it wouldn't have been as time consuming to just restart the run from scratch. But I didn't want to spend another hour on top of the time I already spent just for one quest.

I actually enjoy the Marauder fights. It's the quest that isn't worth the time it's taking to even get to the fight.
    PCNA
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would rather have marauders moved to the bonus level system. That way I can decide to engage with the bonus portal or not. Risk vs reward that I engage with as I see fit.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Is this really a fact? Or just a run of bad luck?

It's been my experience. Before the new quest I almost always got the Marauder in the first Cycle, sometimes the second. Since the new quest was introduced I feel very lucky if I get it in the third Cycle, because it's mostly coming in the fourth or even the fifth.

Regardless of why it is happening this way for me now, it's making it very unenjoyable for me so I will no longer do this quest.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did another run tonight, arc 5 clear

we had one marauder in cycle 3 in one arc, but the majority of the marauders showed up in cycle 1 or 2 (i didnt keep track of all of them, we only failed to kill the one which showed up in the first stage of cycle 1 in arc 6 because of a bloody brewmaster shrinking me lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    See I have had the opposite experience, with marauders showing up in 2.1.1 or 2.1.2.

It's only a matter of time before both our luck changes.

Personally I wouldn't mind a little more quest variety, rather than just the Marauders or Fabled, but it's a nice little daily to have available

Same, almost always the first stage of the 2nd arc is when i encounter the marauder, it happens so often that I just mentally prepare for it and pick a vision that helps deal with the marauder encounter on that level.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran a real quick arc 2 because of the endeavors. My marauder showed up cycle 4.