The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

March Daily Login Reward Follow-Up

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone, now that we have resolved the Orsinium Daily Login Reward issue from this past weekend, we want to provide a mini-retrospective on what happened. Additionally, we have follow-up information for players who are locked out of Day 30 and Day 31 rewards.

One of our goals here at ZOS is to continuously develop and launch new experiences for players. To do this without adding additional patches and downtime, we prepared a no-downtime hotfix that added the Orsinium DLC to the March Daily Login Rewards as well as additional support for the Orsinium Achievement Challenge. ESO hotfixes are designed to be deployed without requiring a game realm restart, but in this case, the hotfix did not correctly update to existing game instances. It did apply correctly to newly created instances, which is why some players succeeded in claiming the reward while others did not.

We will be reviewing the hotfix process and method for delivering any similar future rewards via hotfix. (And a big thank you to our Live and Engineering teams who worked all weekend to debug the issue and unblock the Orsinium DLC claim for everyone.)

We hope this provides some clarity around the issues from this weekend -- and now let's talk about the locked-out Daily Login Rewards.

In addition to the above, we are aware that players who attempted to claim Daily Login Rewards during the beginning of the month are locked out of the Day 30 and 31 rewards, despite successfully claiming the Orisinium DLC. To make this right, players who logged in to ESO on February 29, March 1, or March 2 will be given the day 30 and day 31 rewards, 3000 Tel Var Stones and 5000 Gold.
  • PC players will be granted these currencies during the Update 41 maintenance on March 11.
  • Console players will be granted these currencies during the realm reboots on March 20.
This allows us to avoid additional downtime for these grants as well. Players will receive their currencies upon logging into ESO after maintenance.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and proactive reporting as we worked to address the Daily Login Rewards issue this past weekend. We hope you enjoy the rest of March’s Orsinium activities!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 1 April 2024 14:22
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info @ZOS_Kevin! Very interesting, and quite a good thing for those who are still locked out of the last day(s) rewards for this month.

Also, thanks to all the teams that worked hard over the weekend to solve the problems. Here's to smoother deploys in the future!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Kevin and co.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • mparish99
    mparish99
    Soul Shriven
    I have I something been thinking about. I already own the craglorn welwa pet that's up for this month, will an issue like what happened with the orsinium dlc occur or will it just go like normal?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in this case, the hotfix did not correctly update to existing game instances. It did apply correctly to newly created instances
    That seems contradictory to what players actually observed. New instances are being spun up all the time; e.g., when someone enters a dungeon or their house. If all new instances worked, then the workaround of finding a working instance would've been almost trivial and not the fraught hunt for a unicorn instance that people actually experienced. Instead, it seems as though only instances created within a certain window of time worked.
    Edited by code65536 on 8 March 2024 15:06
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    mparish99 wrote: »
    I have I something been thinking about. I already own the craglorn welwa pet that's up for this month, will an issue like what happened with the orsinium dlc occur or will it just go like normal?

It should operate as normal. We have not seen issue with daily login reward claims after we rebooted servers over the weekend.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    code65536 wrote: »
    in this case, the hotfix did not correctly update to existing game instances. It did apply correctly to newly created instances
    That seems contradictory to what players actually observed. New instances are being spun up all the time; e.g., when someone enters a dungeon or their house. If all new instances worked, then the workaround of finding a working instance would've been almost trivial and not the fraught hunt for a unicorn instance that people actually experienced. Instead, it seems as though only instances created within a certain window of time worked.

Two things just for clarity here:
    1. On our side of things, we could see the hotfix applied to newly created instances.
    2. We also are being brief in this write-up. The goal is to give a general overview, not to go into every specific scenario that a player may have encountered while the issue took place. The thread we spun up while the issue occurred has specific scenarios well detailed from players.
    Staff Post
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the retrospective and for the new information! It's nice getting some info about what's going on behind the scenes.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also wanted to add my thanks to the team for working tirelessly over the weekend to get to the bottom of this. Very much appreciated ❤️
  • mparish99
    mparish99
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    mparish99 wrote: »

It should operate as normal. We have not seen issue with daily login reward claims after we rebooted servers over the weekend.

Thanks @ZOS_Kevin, just wanted to be sure
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the quick fix of the issue, for the communication during and afterward, and for doing something extra for those who would otherwise miss out on a day or two of log in rewards! :relaxed:
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin This is really good, happy to see a retrospective. Mistakes and issues happen, but it's nice to see some insight on what happened. This is what good communication looks like, so thanks for all the teams involved in getting this put together.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Hotfix not updating already running instances. Did not see that one coming. 😀
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! My man and alt I play daily on were able to claim rewards but my other alts were not so this will be nice for the ones I remembered to log in on. And for the other people who were unable to claim.

FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent! Even if I was not affected by the issue it's very nice to see this level of communication. Many thanks! :)
    Edited by LalMirchi on 8 March 2024 17:49
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely people could live without getting 3ktel var or5kgold.

Anyway, thank you for the post. Much appreciated. I'm glad to have Orsinium. TY for your generosity.
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the follow up and the communication.

Thanks Kevin, and team!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the fix, the time and effort is greatly appreciated.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread we spun up while the issue occurred has specific scenarios well detailed from players.

Spun up a thread. Nice pun.
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_Kevin for the update! It's very much appreciated.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, and I appreciate the team working to fix this on a weekend!
  • PaladinDan67
    PaladinDan67
    Soul Shriven
    Thank You. I had a lost day because of this. Day 2 was unclaimable. It had a timer counting down to the next day but was not claimed which caused day 31 to now be greyed out =(
  • JoHegl
    JoHegl
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting us know a bit about the situation. This and keeping us in the loop a tiny bit during occasions like this one does a lot in terms of making the community appreciated.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bows head in respect*
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In addition to the above, we are aware that players who attempted to claim Daily Login Rewards during the beginning of the month are locked out of the Day 30 and 31 rewards, despite successfully claiming the Orisinium DLC. To make this right, players who logged in to ESO on February 29, March 1, or March 2 will be given the day 30 and day 31 rewards, 3000 Tel Var Stones and 5000 Gold.
    • PC players will be granted these currencies during the Update 41 maintenance on March 11.
    • Console players will be granted these currencies during the realm reboots on March 20.
    This allows us to avoid additional downtime for these grants as well. Players will receive their currencies upon logging into ESO after maintenance.

Thanks for the fix. I just wanted to say again, ZOS really needs to add this type of information in game, so all players can see it and not have to come to forums to find it. Plus, please start publishing patch notes in the help section too.

Stay safe :)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Thanks for the fix. I just wanted to say again, ZOS really needs to add this type of information in game, so all players can see it and not have to come to forums to find it. Plus, please start publishing patch notes in the help section too.

Patch notes have their own section:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I mean in the help section inside the game for console players to see.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sorting this out
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing the details of the issue. It sounds like an intriguing detective story.
    You guys have a very interesting job!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I mean in the help section inside the game for console players to see.

Console players can view the forum just as well as PC players. ;)

But I get what you’re saying.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now this is the commication we need! Thank you very much for the in-depth update Kevin, knowing what was attempted and what went wrong does help understand the case. Also, thank you for the update and choice of action on the missing days.