The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How often do YOU update you ADONS ? (when you play on a regualar basis)

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a week
    TaSheen wrote: »
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    I usually check for addon updates about once a week, sometimes daily if an addon is broken.

But lately I've been having a problem with Minion that maybe someone knows how to solve?

When opening Minion I sometimes get the message "Minion is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your firewall, security and proxy settings." and then the program closes. The strange thing is that I can try opening the program a few times and then it will finally connect and load. When it does finally load sometimes there are no addon icons but it still works, and sometimes it shows addon updates available but when I try to update them nothing happens so I have to close and try opening again. It eventually works but usually takes a few tries to get it to load and update...

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it's the exact same thing. I've checked my firewall settings and Minion is not blocked nor has anything changed in that regard. I'm not sure when exactly the problem first started, but has been at least since High Isle released.

So I don't understand why it says there's a problem with my internet/firewall but then it opens after a few tries, and sometimes when it opens it fails to update the addons?

This used to happen to me all the time. I can't remember when it quit - probably when they had the newer version for download due to whatever the problem was with security. Someone I know said she got it to quit by re-downloading and reinstalling.

Yeah I just tried uninstall (also deleted all leftover files/folders), re-download and re-install yesterday, but it's still happening...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I don't know if there's a way to contact the team at Minion, but you might check around for that. Also, if you're using Windows Defender I think you can set up an exception for Minion in that which could help. I didn't have to do that as it quit happening on its own somehow.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    i use bat file that launch ESO launcher, TTC and Minion as well as some other stuff :*
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When a new update requires it. Otherwise what's the point?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When game update breaks addons.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    Whenever there is an update.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never update when we are getting close to April 1.

Besides that, it is not regular outside of a new update.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    i just run minion before i run ESO, if theres updates i update, otherwise close minion and just start game
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    It varies. Right now, like after any new update, I update daily.

After a few weeks, I'll go to updating about once a week.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a year
    I'm just too lazy. I use a few at the moment but before the last update they just didn't work from probably a year ago.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a year
    I have no idea what the numbers mean because I'm too lazy to even read the instructions. 0.68 LA . What does it even mean?
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    Once a day
    With Minion keeping my add-ons updated is a snap. I launch Minion before logging on; easy peasy.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theres adons?
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Never, I do not use add-ons!

@Sarannah I'm curious what type of ESO activities do you do? Running dungeons and trials I find addons to be invaluable.
    Mostly questing. But I basically have done everything up to, and including, veteran HM dungeons. Excluding the four newest dungeons, as I do not run dungeons at the moment. The only things in-game I have never done are trials, and joining a guild.

I do occasionally look up certain stuff online though, like a mysterious skyshard location(very rare), a lead location, or companion's major likes. But most stuff is encountered through the game, as the quests usually point you to be nearby everything the game wants you to find. If that makes any sense.
    Edited by Sarannah on 17 June 2022 21:30
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a patch, whenever I install/remove an addon, or if I notice one is broken.
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Once a day
    Minion. Very useful.
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I fire up Minion every time I turn on my computer, just in case.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I run Minion as part of my daily routine, just prior to my ESO gaming session.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I open Minion every morning before I log in to feed my horse
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once a week
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    After a patch, daily.

Otherwise weekly.

This.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have my Minion set to auto update and have Minion opened whenever my computer is on. If I turn it off, minion loads automatically when computer boots up.
    Easy peasy.... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once a day
    Seeing as via minion it takes all of 3 seconds to update all your addons, there's no reason not to check it every day
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I check them every day. :)
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    whitecrow wrote: »
    When a new update requires it. Otherwise what's the point?

Because some addon authors add new features to their addons that can make them even more useful. Although the downside, sometimes I think some authors spend TOO MUCH time adding features and making them too bloated by trying to do too much with a single addon. I subscribe to the KISS mentality... 'Keep It Simple Stupid'. Some addons you have literally PAGES of different options that make it overly complex while many times the instructions tend to be lacking.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a day
    I start Minion (and TTC) before I start ESO every day before I log in.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once a day
    Minion automatically detects updates that are available for addons, then the update is one click away so...

i guess i keep my addons up to date all the time
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Only when they break.
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run Minion before every play session. About two - three times a week.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends. On launch day of a major update, I usually check multiple times a day.

Otherwise, whenever I feel like it (which may be days or months) or when something breaks. I'm a believer of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I would also recommend that people read changelogs before updating.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    It depends. On launch day of a major update, I usually check multiple times a day.

Otherwise, whenever I feel like it (which may be days or months) or when something breaks. I'm a believer of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I would also recommend that people read changelogs before updating.

Really? That would become a job in and of itself. Most have not read many and they are rarely simple, or often truly useful.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once a day
    Needs a I use Minion option.

Mine runs all day everyday basically so it's always updating as soon as it finds one.