Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuji34 wrote: »
    For those who are somewhat familiar, how long would it take and how much would it cost to implement just a buff like this?:

Major Debuff, reduces the damage you deal by 50% and increases the damage you receive by 100% 7f5vjjrsl5al.png

just for this i'll return to the game for completing all quests zone, maybe needs some adjustements, but it's a good base for player you want difficulty and they can focus on improving their character by craft, overlands sets...

It would need to be scalable for sure. Lots of people want more challenging overland, but they're not all going to agree on some other difficulty level.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    It would need to be scalable for sure. Lots of people want more challenging overland, but they're not all going to agree on some other difficulty level.

The right setting is not just going to vary from player to player, but for each player it will vary from encounter to encounter.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »

The right setting is not just going to vary from player to player, but for each player it will vary from encounter to encounter.

I also think that challenge amounts to more than taking and receiving damage. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see anything at all, but there are a lot of modifiers ZOS could implement to increase challenge. Things like:

Increased:
    - Damage to players
    - Buff/debuff duration/strength from enemies
    - Skills/spells cost
    - Core combat abilities cost
    - Enemy aggro range
    - Guard lethality/detection range

Decreased:
    - Damage from players
    - Buff/debuff duration/strength from players
    - Total attribute values/regeneration
    - Consumable duration/strength
    - Damage shield strength
    - Healing done/taken
    - Movement/mount speed
    - Stealth radius
    - Harvesting/loot values

A simple damage adjustment would be a welcome way to start things off, but I think that because challenge means different things to different people/characters, a wider variety of modifiers would be necessary in the long-term, or players may just not feel a sense of challenge because they're not playing the game the same way as someone else.
    Edited by disky on 6 May 2024 14:21
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, this thread feels more and more like censorship as the years go on.

This thread is 3 years old, with 208 pages of replies, and hasn't had an official dev reply in months (almost a year?). New threads on this topic are still posted every couple of weeks and shut down, and it really feels like the only purpose of this thread is to put all the conversation on this topic into one place so it can be more easily ignored.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    Why is this topic being ignored so hard, despite clearly still mattering to a lot of players? Shutting down new threads on this topic without actually interacting with this "Official Thread" feels less like compiling feedback and more like censorship.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this topic being ignored so hard, despite clearly still mattering to a lot of players? Shutting down new threads on this topic without actually interacting with this "Official Thread" feels less like compiling feedback and more like censorship.

It's not being ignored. It's been addressed in January. They have been addressing it in interviews rather than in the thread
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7897421/#Comment_7897421

from April 2023 - IIRC that's the last time any staff member addressed this.

That was the last full statement but they did give a brief "not happening" in January.

https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/18/elder-scrolls-onlines-gold-road-chapter-takes-players-back-to-oblivions-best-city-on-june-3/

Edited by spartaxoxo on 9 May 2024 20:30
  • Xanathos
    Xanathos
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,
    as for me i casual, but i also make progressing content. This is wonder of ESO, that is adressed to many type of players and thats why still is popular after 10 years.
    About difficulty of overland i find that it increased from High Isle onward, some world bosses are really chellenging with some mechanics, like Faun boss. In my opinion monsters, quests, dungeons in overland should stay as they are for easy go through story line, but overland content like world bosses and dolmen-like activite also should be more chellenging for couple of players, like dragons.
    Whta i suggest in this matter overall?
    -for example 6 world bosses, make 4 of them more chellenging like in recent chapters (2 of them should be easier for people who not seek that chellenge)
    -world activites should be not soloable, they should require damage from larger group and assisst of pure healer classes to keep group from die.
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, this thread feels more and more like censorship as the years go on.

This thread is 3 years old, with 208 pages of replies, and hasn't had an official dev reply in months (almost a year?). New threads on this topic are still posted every couple of weeks and shut down, and it really feels like the only purpose of this thread is to put all the conversation on this topic into one place so it can be more easily ignored.

This is similar to how I feel. At this point there are over 6 thousand replies and as you have already mentioned the last time a dev responded was about a year ago. With 208 pages of feedback, I'm sure the developers at this point had enough information to determine how they're going to approach this issue a LONG time ago, not everyone has the opportunity to watch live streams literally every time they host one and these are the official game forums, I don't it would be too much to ask to post at least some kind of update.

They spend more time moving threads to dead parts of the forum where they won't be seen by 95% of the forum users than they do responding to actual good feedback like in the PTS section.

Edited by Rkindaleft on 16 May 2024 00:36
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
    6/9 Trial Trifecta achievements.
    Tick Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is probably designed to limit the conversation to here rather than anything else.

I had made a thread noting Harrowstorms needed to scale and it got closed because this thread existed. (I was not arguing for harder overland, I was arguing to make it so small groups could complete Harrowstorms, not just large groups. Pointing here buried that point.

(I have tried them a few times with 2 or 3 players there, but we end up being the same point 15-30 minutes after starting, making it worthless.)

That does point to the problem with harder overland, but it is not the same thing, but got pointed here.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft wrote: »

This is similar to how I feel. At this point there are over 6 thousand replies and as you have already mentioned the last time a dev responded was about a year ago. With 208 pages of feedback, I'm sure the developers at this point had enough information to determine how they're going to approach this issue a LONG time ago, not everyone has the opportunity to watch live streams literally every time they host one and these are the official game forums, I don't it would be too much to ask to post at least some kind of update.

They spend more time moving threads to dead parts of the forum where they won't be seen by 95% of the forum users than they do responding to actual good feedback like in the PTS section.

I suppose some sort of statement would be warranted. But silence can be eloquent as well. It basically translates as "We hear you, but we don't have plans to do address this". Personally I can kind of imagine they don't want to come here and say "if this is what you want, you may want to look for another game to play". Especially because they believe they have alternative means to address this demand (e.g. infinite archive). And tbh I think that is our best bet as well: some new form of content.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I suppose some sort of statement would be warranted. But silence can be eloquent as well. It basically translates as "We hear you, but we don't have plans to do address this". Personally I can kind of imagine they don't want to come here and say "if this is what you want, you may want to look for another game to play". Especially because they believe they have alternative means to address this demand (e.g. infinite archive). And tbh I think that is our best bet as well: some new form of content.

New content doesn't address the issue at all though.

The issue is that many vet players feel no reason to play overland quests because of how mind-numbingly easy the combat is.

I want to play through many of the quests I haven't, but unless I'm leveling a new character, the content itself is so easy that the quests become boring.

Adding new systems like IA doesn't do anything to change the fact that every patch, new quests come out that are boring to play through because of the easy difficulty level of Overland content.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 16 May 2024 19:23
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want

Yeah my post did not concern what we want; It concerned what we can expect to get.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Silence has been the norm for ESO the entire time I have been playing. It certainly doesn't imply "we heard you" most of the time.

It is how things are though, so I will either play acknowledging that or leave. I still make posts pretending they will get attention, but I don't hold my breath for those.

Multi-crafting was probably the last thing I really wanted in general, but I hadn't explicitly asked for that, so maybe that is why we got it!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Damico
    Damico
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to wait for our lives to be over

I want to know right now what will it be?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damico wrote: »

This is the last post Kevin made on this subject (June of 2023); I believe there was a post elsewhere by Gina (maybe in January of this year) regarding the stance not changing but I couldn't find it right now:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @CameraBeardThePirate This was the last full statement on this issue and there hasn't been a change. The team is aware and constantly talking about ways to address this. As some others also stated, Rich did expand on this at our community meet-up in Vegas, but the core message was the same. However, we'll add the recording at some point in the future. That way, everyone can get access to that as well.
    Hi All, as many of you have noted already from Rich's interview, there are no current plans for changing the structure of overland content. It is something we will continue to look at, so constructive feedback is always appreciated.

[...]

IKYMI: Rich's Quote on Overland Content
    "That's a difficult one because difficulty is definitely subjective. We have millions of players that play The Elder Scrolls Online, and a large portion of them find the game hard and the Overland content challenging, especially as a new player when you don't have gold, all the gear, and Champion Points. Ultimately it comes down to, if we make the game harder, what are the incentives for players to play it at the harder level? That opens up a whole huge can of worms. I also look back and remember we had harder Overland content. We had Cadwell Silver, we had Cadwell Gold, and players really didn't like it. It was too hard for them, and when we did One Tamriel, we ripped all that out based on player feedback. Like, nobody did it. So it's a challenging subject and a difficult question to answer. All I can really say is we're definitely looking at it, but we don't have any major changes planned for the Overland difficulty."
    Edited by TaSheen on 29 May 2024 14:00

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why you are complaining about 'lack of response'.

Hi All. We have seen the multitude of threads related to Overland Content. The increase in weekly threads around this issue has caused some users to have a negative experience on the forum overall, leading to the threads being closed. However, we also recognize there are players who would like to discuss this topic. So, we have made a thread for players who would like to discuss the topic of Overland Content.

With the creation of this thread, please note that future threads created to address overland content will be closed and redirected to this one.

A 'response' wasn't ever promised.
    I don't see it as censorship; you still get to discuss the issue. These comments are still under the 'General' heading.

There are three world bosses in Deshaan that used to be easily soloed by standing on nearby rock formations, avoiding the boss' damage. ZOS have now implemented 'invisible barrier' things to prevent you from doing this, they have made overland 'harder'.

Thanks to the folk that contributed over 6000 replies, a small piece of game play that I actually enjoyed, not because it was 'easy', but because it allowed me to test my gear, playing style and observe the mechanics of the world bosses in general; this has now been taken away.

People refuse to learn that asking ZOS to change something, inevitably results in a change that only ZOS is happy with.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »

People refuse to learn that asking ZOS to change something, inevitably results in a change that only ZOS is happy with.

All too true. I still occasionally "remind" posters of that - but I find it fairly futile by this time.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why you are complaining about 'lack of response'.

Hi All. We have seen the multitude of threads related to Overland Content. The increase in weekly threads around this issue has caused some users to have a negative experience on the forum overall, leading to the threads being closed. However, we also recognize there are players who would like to discuss this topic. So, we have made a thread for players who would like to discuss the topic of Overland Content.

With the creation of this thread, please note that future threads created to address overland content will be closed and redirected to this one.

All too true. I still occasionally "remind" posters of that - but I find it fairly futile by this time.

I'll take a roll of the dice over no possibility of anything ever changing for the better. Never speaking up only tells ZOS that there is no demand for change. If someone loves the game but thinks it's missing something, they can either tell the developers about it or get frustrated and leave. I don't want to leave so here I am.
  • Damico
    Damico
    ✭✭✭
    Damico wrote: »

This is the last post Kevin made on this subject (June of 2023); I believe there was a post elsewhere by Gina (maybe in January of this year) regarding the stance not changing but I couldn't find it right now:
    @CameraBeardThePirate This was the last full statement on this issue and there hasn't been a change. The team is aware and constantly talking about ways to address this. As some others also stated, Rich did expand on this at our community meet-up in Vegas, but the core message was the same. However, we'll add the recording at some point in the future. That way, everyone can get access to that as well.
    Hi All, as many of you have noted already from Rich's interview, there are no current plans for changing the structure of overland content. It is something we will continue to look at, so constructive feedback is always appreciated.

[...]

IKYMI: Rich's Quote on Overland Content
    "That's a difficult one because difficulty is definitely subjective. We have millions of players that play The Elder Scrolls Online, and a large portion of them find the game hard and the Overland content challenging, especially as a new player when you don't have gold, all the gear, and Champion Points. Ultimately it comes down to, if we make the game harder, what are the incentives for players to play it at the harder level? That opens up a whole huge can of worms. I also look back and remember we had harder Overland content. We had Cadwell Silver, we had Cadwell Gold, and players really didn't like it. It was too hard for them, and when we did One Tamriel, we ripped all that out based on player feedback. Like, nobody did it. So it's a challenging subject and a difficult question to answer. All I can really say is we're definitely looking at it, but we don't have any major changes planned for the Overland difficulty."

Which is why I bring it up again.

Game would be better off if a complete build could utilize all game mechanics during combat while experiencing the story overland has to offer. Things dying before weapon swap without the need to block or dodge is not engaging, this can be done running instanced content but does not deliver the same interesting story we have in overland.

I'm not interested in what has not changed, I'm interested in when change will be made.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is exactly what the quote says: no plans for changes at this time (and they've never said how soon if at all they'll consider it).

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TaSheen is correct.

There are no plans for any major changes to Overland and a few times now they have reinforced that their stance has not changed.
    PCNA
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TaSheen is correct.

There are no plans for any major changes to Overland and a few times now they have reinforced that their stance has not changed.

Publicly, that we are aware of. And again, if no one speaks up, that will definitely never change.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just important to be aware there is a 'design philosophy' behind the way things are. And that's the concept of 'mastery'. It is baked in at a very fundamental level that the player journey is to progress from easy content to harder content that needs to be 'mastered'. Overland is the bottom rung of the ladder. An optional across-the-board increase in difficulty of overland doesn't really fit the pattern. So, it will take some convincing indeed that this is the right thing to do. And then I believe Rich mentioned that designing a reward system for tiered overland isn't straightforward at all. I suppose it all comes down to how you can isolate multiple different difficulty and reward levels for individual players taking part in one encounter. It is on the whole much more likely that harder difficulty content will be inserted into overland which players can choose to engage with or not.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's just important to be aware there is a 'design philosophy' behind the way things are. And that's the concept of 'mastery'. It is baked in at a very fundamental level that the player journey is to progress from easy content to harder content that needs to be 'mastered'. Overland is the bottom rung of the ladder. An optional across-the-board increase in difficulty of overland doesn't really fit the pattern.

I think this is accurate, and this framing is important for understanding why the extreme ease of overland feels so out of place with the way the game works. The problem is that the length of the mastery journey doesn't fit with the amount of overland content. The mastery progression you just described would make sense if you attained sufficient mastery to move beyond overland right about the time you finished all the quests and delves etc. But that's not even close to the way it works. I'm not a particularly good player and I found my gear and skill outpacing the content offered in overland quests before I even finished the main quest, let alone any of the DLCs, Cadwell's, etc.

If ZOS wants to keep their mastery progression design philosophy, they need to make their content fit that progression. Right now it doesn't. Presumably this is because they want the mastery progression journey to be able to begin in any zone instead of having a locked-in line of quest progression, and that makes sense to me. But then they need to figure out what players are supposed to do with the enormous amount of easy content tuned for the beginning of their journey that's still left over once players have left the beginning stages of progression.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...It is on the whole much more likely that harder difficulty content will be inserted into overland which players can choose to engage with or not.

This is exactly what happened.

"With that being said, we do recognize a lot of people want increased overland difficulty and the new world events (Bastion Nymics) that are instanced for up to 4 players in Necrom is one of our answers to that."

https://eso-u.com/articles/eso_developer_ama__las_vegas_global_reveal_2023
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 May 2024 18:12
    PCNA
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...It is on the whole much more likely that harder difficulty content will be inserted into overland which players can choose to engage with or not.

This is exactly what happened with the Bastion Nymics.

"With that being said, we do recognize a lot of people want increased overland difficulty and the new world events (Bastion Nymics) that are instanced for up to 4 players in Necrom is one of our answers to that."

https://eso-u.com/articles/eso_developer_ama__las_vegas_global_reveal_2023

Bastion Nymic didn't land very well, if their intent was to address concerns in this thread. For one thing, the main grievance is with the trivial difficulty of the chapter story and side quest content, as well as delves and quest locales. Not that there isn't difficult content to engage with at all. We already have group content, PvP, Solo Arenas, and world bosses to fight. Those things don't help at all to make the story and questing more engaging.

For another, Bastion Nymic is not an accessible solo experience for most players. It's possible, but time consuming and repetitive. Similar to criticisms of the Infinite Archive. Neither of these activities makes the chapter story line or side quests more engaging.

The only step I can think of to address these concerns without crossing boundaries set by those opposed is to allow players to opt in to solo / group instance delve, public dungeon, and interior quest locales where we could apply a veteran difficulty. Similar to how the Five Companion quests were instanced in the base game, as well as the climax dungeon & boss fight for most chapter conclusions.

Randos hardly ever interact with each other in these areas anyway, and it's where most of the substance of side quests and story lines take place. Personally, one of the most frustrating things I experience is questing in one of these interiors (I handicap myself with no armor and LV1 weapons), and then watching as someone facerolls the whole encounter. I then either have to wait for the adversity to respawn, or just bypass the rest of it without any resistance. Bad time both ways.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastion Nymic didn't land very well, if their intent was to address concerns in this thread. For one thing, the main grievance is with the trivial difficulty of the chapter story and side quest content, as well as delves and quest locales.

Overland quests need to remain easily completable by all players. It's the story and not challenging content, nor should it be. Players should be able to enjoy the story without fear of dying to trash every few steps.

I'm CP 2269 at the moment and 3 of my 7 characters still have a lot of zones to complete. I love that I can feel strong as I worked hard to get here, and that I can casually enjoy the story.

Not that there isn't difficult content to engage with at all. We already have group content, PvP, Solo Arenas, and world bosses to fight. Those things don't help at all to make the story and questing more engaging.

There definitely is a lot of challenging content. In fact every single activity that includes combat is challenging except overland. All of it. In fact, even overland has become way more challenging than it was in the base game zones with much more difficult World Bosses and Dolmens being replaced with Geysers and Harrowstorms and Vents.

Personally, one of the most frustrating things I experience is questing in one of these interiors (I handicap myself with no armor and LV1 weapons), and then watching as someone facerolls the whole encounter. I then either have to wait for the adversity to respawn, or just bypass the rest of it without any resistance. Bad time both ways.

That is one of the things we find in any MMO where we are running into other players everywhere we go, and is not caused by easy overland.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 May 2024 19:24
    PCNA
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver, I don't know why you insist on engaging with my posts on the false pretense that I'm trying to make things more difficult for you and everyone. I expressly qualified that the solution wouldn't affect anyone that doesn't opt in, specifically in a way that addresses the primary opposed point of not splitting the overland player base. You'd still encounter everyone out adventuring, free to group or interact with them as you please, with (again, only if you opt into it) less crowded combat interiors absent of the content congestion.

Deconstructing my post line by line with sentiments you've repeated ad nauseam only to convey you ignored the point really doesn't add anything constructive to the discourse.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am reinforcing my feedback that overland is just exactly what it should be and doesn't need any new difficulty options, optional or otherwise.

I played before One Tamriel and the difficulty of the veteran zones and Craglorn are why I, and most of my friends, left the game. Very few players completed Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold because they just plain didn't like the difficulty of the veteran zones. And Craglorn was impossible to do anything solo.

Also, the story quests can only be played through once per character, so why put all the resources into veteran overland zones that will have such limited functionality? And I can guarantee that players out farming etc., will be using the easiest overland difficulty to do those things. So why bother?

It is my opinion that there are not enough players that would utilize any optional harder overland content to make it feasible. I think overland should be left just as it is for all the reasons I have stated.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 May 2024 19:58
    PCNA
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am reinforcing my feedback that overland is just exactly what it should be and doesn't need any new difficulty options, optional or otherwise.

I played before One Tamriel and the difficulty of the veteran zones and Craglorn are why I, and most of my friends, left the game. Very few players completed Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold because they just plain didn't like the difficulty of the veteran zones. And Craglorn was impossible to do anything solo.

Also, the story quests can only be played through once per character, so why put all the resources into veteran overland zones that will have such limited functionality? And I can guarantee that players out farming etc., will be using the easiest overland difficulty to do those things. So why bother?

It is my opinion that there are not enough players that would utilize any optional harder overland content to make it feasible. I think overland should be left just as it is for all the reasons I have stated.

You don't want it so we can't have it. Got it. Let's never consider the opposed opinion; that One Tamriel made any and all overland content a boring chore that does nothing to prepare you for group content, or incentivize you to engage with the game systems in any way at all. Cad's Gold and Silver was too hard before? Now it's mind numbingly easy, with equal disdain for slogging through ten more adventure zones for what amounts to a participation trophy. Absolutely no thought of the new players signing up, facerolling the whole solo adventure, and then getting dumped on by impatient power gamers that kick them from every group. There's no indication you need to have a build and know game mechanics in the base game, why assume otherwise when moving on to group content, PvP, solo arenas?

Throughout all of my feedback, I've expressly considered the opposed opinion in an effort to make room for play styles I don't enjoy or agree with. Why should I bother? The olive branch gets swatted down every time. Is there absolutely no inclination to compromise at all? Why don't I just start walking all over every single post you make, saying it's pointless to play a game on easy mode, and you aren't entitled to your enjoyment or experience?

Because it's not constructive. It wouldn't move the discussion forward in any way, offer any kind of solution, or respect your sentiments at any capacity.

I'm begging you Silver, just acknowledge that this is a thing people want, and let them put their notes in the box without immediate discouragement. I'm not asking you to abandon your position or opinion, just let discourse move forward with any feedback other than insisting that any possible solution goes in the trash.
    Edited by Credible_Joe on 31 May 2024 20:33
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm begging you Silver, just acknowledge that this is a thing people want, and let them put their notes in the box without immediate discouragement. I'm not asking you to abandon your position or opinion, just let discourse move forward with any feedback other than insisting the solution goes in the trash.

This thread isn't only for those who want a more difficult overland to give their feedback. It is for all feedback concerning overland.

I am not going to stop giving my honest feedback for something that I feel strongly about. I know some players want this, but that doesn't mean that there is a need for it. I'd like to see resources put toward other things that would be much more beneficial to all the playerbase, than something that few would use and would have limited functionality.

I get frustrated hearing how "mind-numbingly boring" the game that I love is. Overland is not boring. Some players may be bored with it, but overland itself is not boring. Many of us find it fun and engaging just as it is.
    Edited by SilverBride on 31 May 2024 20:46
    PCNA