Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Senche Tiger Mounts?

Whiskers
Whiskers
✭✭✭
Why are there no Senche tigers mounts? The normal orange ones that you see in the wild, but as mounts.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have one from being subbed from 2014 to 2015 or something like that. I could be misunderstanding though.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 one fir being subs for x amount if days back in p2p days and one that dropped a while back.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should bring them back, it been what, 7 years? They could tie it to having eso plus active for a full year wich would be about the same as back in the days (maybe for a different lenght of time)
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    They should bring them back, it been what, 7 years? They could tie it to having eso plus active for a full year wich would be about the same as back in the days (maybe for a different lenght of time)

They shouldn't it bring back. The only senche tiger mount (orange one) that exist in the game was gifted by ZOS back in 2014 or 2015? as an appreciate token to those players who stayed and endured the rough start of the game, plenty with bugs, glitches and whatnot, giving feedback and support the game to survive. It is a rare and unique mount, it would be contradictory on ZOS' behalf if they would just put it in the store for sale and also a slap in the face to those players .
    Edited by Vanathil on 20 June 2021 11:40
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    White tiger mount would be great ^^
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should give us a white tiger mount for 5 years of ESO+ subscription. Those are the people that are truly supporting the game.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanathil wrote: »

They shouldn't it bring back. The only senche tiger mount (orange one) that exist in the game was gifted by ZOS back in 2014 or 2015? as an appreciate token to those players who stayed and endured the rough start of the game, plenty with bugs, glitches and whatnot, giving feedback and support the game to survive. It is a rare and unique mount, it would be contradictory on ZOS' behalf if they would just put it in the store for sale and also a slap in the face to those players .

Who cares about how they feel about a bunch of pixel
    Not wanting other to have a mount for such a banal reason is just petty
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it petty to want an exclusive reward to remain exclusive?

It's not like they can't reskin the senche and sell it, while leaving that particular skin out of it.

They already made other things available, like ARAA, which was a pre-order bonus. Can some things remain as a memento for the people that were here from the start?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it is just a bunch of pixels to you, why are you wanting to actively upset a group of people just to get it?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like it’s more then “a bunch of pixel” if you want it so badly.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a great idea until realizing that anyone who had the reward already would get nothing. It is probably not a good idea to treat the longest subscribed players in such a manner.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    White or even black would be very nice recolor :) I didn't even know that black tigers actually exist, but among many pictures in Google I found some. Of course, they could have been Photoshopped, but they look very cool anyway :o My suggestion of tiger mount color:

RA5Vqnh.jpg

Fluffy parts are very important too! :smiley: Notice how much better the head looks when there is some longer fur on it.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never mind, not worth it.
    Edited by TequilaFire on 20 June 2021 13:49
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the 2014 subscription reward mount there's been a few other striped feline mounts, but none of them are quite the same. Also they're all crown crate or gem exclusives.

There's the Karthstalker Sabre Cat:
    Karthstalker-Sabre-Cat-Side.jpg

The Goutfang Senche-raht:
    Goutfang-Sench-Raht-Side.jpg?w=914&ssl=1

And the Tenmar Senche-Tiger (which personally I think is the least tiger-like, but it's the only one called a tiger):
    Tenmar-Senche-Tiger-Side.jpg?w=748&ssl=1
    Edited by Danikat on 20 June 2021 14:44
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I care how they feel, and no I don't have the mount.. exclusive rewards like that, should stay so
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you're right, they are a bunch of pixels. And don't get me wrong, I'm not against people to ride all the same mounts, they can, I don't care about that. But these bunch of pixels are exclusive pixels, players got it as a token of merit, they earned it and I respect that. Let's say you're participating on PTS as a dedicated player helping the company with feedback for the upcoming chapter for 2 and half month. At the end, Zos will gift you and the other few players with an unique item. After you obtained the item, the very same item will be thrown in store by tomorrow. Then why all the sweat when you can just simply get it with a single swipe of credit card? Also, if Zos would upset their clients with something like this, well.. it's just bad for business. At the end of the day, you'll probably get a re-skin or two.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiskers wrote: »
    Why are there no Senche tigers mounts? The normal orange ones that you see in the wild, but as mounts.

What do you play on? (PC, Xbox, or PS)

I understand if you may not see them on the consoles but they do exist. but only for those who had them already and then also purchased the one time character copy for the consoles' respective launches. (I purchased both, never used the PS one though)
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »

I understand if you may not see them on the consoles but they do exist. but only for those who had them already and then also purchased the one time character copy for the consoles' respective launches. (I purchased both, never used the PS one though)

I'm on PC and I can't remember the last time I saw one. I suspect most long-term players have so many mounts now that they don't use any individual one regularly unless there's a special reason for it (like writing that mount into a character's backstory so they never use anything else) so the chances of seeing any specific mount you don't own are probably low.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be great if they released one in an alternate color, like Fischblut posted. That way the original stays special, but people who joined ESO after the first couple of years have a chance to get a version of it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I care how I feel about it, and yes, I have one. No, you cannot have mine.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, the first year of this game was rough. Like, the game was down for maintenance for something like 120 hours during the first month. I had a character that was bugged so their gear would constantly degrade when they earned ANY experience, and I got off light. There were some nasty bugs. There was bot spam like you wouldn't believe. The game has come a long way since then.

The Tigers were a thank you to the people who stuck with the game through that.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you tell us. :disappointed:

It isn't that others shouldn't have the mount. Everyone who ZOS feels earned the mount should be able to have it. Thousands of people probably have received this mount. It isn't the mount that is the issue, it is what the mount represents. It represents a situation, a point in time, that can never be repeated. To just re-release it dilutes that.

ZOS should have other special rewards like this, to be honest. I liked the loyalty rewards because it recognized a significant effort on the part of the player, and that sort of thing is missing from the game, now. The forum has more of this sort of thing than the game itself has. I can see why they wouldn't want to do it, since too much of it can hurt the community, but there is probably room for it on a small scale. Say... a pet that represents a milestone in the game, like 10,000 hours... which could also double as a sign that an intervention is necessary. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Now you tell us. :disappointed:

It isn't that others shouldn't have the mount. Everyone who ZOS feels earned the mount should be able to have it. Thousands of people probably have received this mount. It isn't the mount that is the issue, it is what the mount represents. It represents a situation, a point in time, that can never be repeated. To just re-release it dilutes that.

ZOS should have other special rewards like this, to be honest. I liked the loyalty rewards because it recognized a significant effort on the part of the player, and that sort of thing is missing from the game, now. The forum has more of this sort of thing than the game itself has. I can see why they wouldn't want to do it, since too much of it can hurt the community, but there is probably room for it on a small scale. Say... a pet that represents a milestone in the game, like 10,000 hours... which could also double as a sign that an intervention is necessary. :smile:

One Time Event specific rewards are fantastic IMO. My favorites include the necromancer combat dummy and glowing pile of treasure furnishing give out during the Elsweyr event.

As you say it’s representative of players being around and celebrating a specific point in time. Throwing it out there for everyone just dilutes the specialness.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I despise when game lock reward behind when you purchased the game
    People pay for the same game so they should have at least the same opportunity to earn stuff no matter when they started playing
    For exemple the tiger mount was NEVER avaiable to console playerbase
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »

I'm on PC and I can't remember the last time I saw one. I suspect most long-term players have so many mounts now that they don't use any individual one regularly unless there's a special reason for it (like writing that mount into a character's backstory so they never use anything else) so the chances of seeing any specific mount you don't own are probably low.

I use mine on my main (first character i made back then)
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise when game lock reward behind when you purchased the game
    People pay for the same game so they should have at least the same opportunity to earn stuff no matter when they started playing
    For exemple the tiger mount was NEVER avaiable to console playerbase

To be fair we supported the game when it was ACTUALLY p2p so when it went f2p this was their thank you. It does nit gave us anything special other then proof we have been here since the start and still remain.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Say... a pet that represents a milestone in the game, like 10,000 hours... which could also double as a sign that an intervention is necessary. :smile:

looks at Steam time played

I, uh. Ahem. Anyway. If there was a reward for serial creation and destruction of characters I would definitely be on a shortlist. I've had hundreds of alts. Utterly lost track at this point. That may or may not be related to the 10,000 hours I have definitely not spent in this game.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the Tiger mount I was probably taking a break from ESO at the time. I was hoping the leopard mount would resurface at some point though.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    I want the all BLACK Senche Mount....but game didn't release in time to get one.....

How long before I get a shot at it???
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the all BLACK Senche Mount....but game didn't release in time to get one.....

How long before I get a shot at it???

Is that the Panther one?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"