The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Senche Tiger Mounts?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the all BLACK Senche Mount....but game didn't release in time to get one.....

How long before I get a shot at it???

It comes up in... I think, the wild hunt crates, which cycle through once in awhile.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise when game lock reward behind when you purchased the game
    People pay for the same game so they should have at least the same opportunity to earn stuff no matter when they started playing
    For exemple the tiger mount was NEVER avaiable to console playerbase

There are tiger mounts on the consoles. Not many, but they do exist there. If you played on PC, and migrated your account over before launch, you could take your tiger with you.

Also, you never played Year 1 ESO. The game that exists today is VERY different from the one that released in 2014 in many ways.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White tiger mount would be great ^^

White Senche Tiger should be an exclusive for Console players that have been subbed for a long while.

....s'only fair.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    Is that the Panther one?

I believe that there is a Senche Panther and a Senche Lion, both black.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    radiostar wrote: »
    Is that the Panther one?

I believe that there is a Senche Panther and a Senche Lion, both black.

Indeed
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this topic effectively highlights the problem with limited time rewards. It creates a conflict between people who want something to show what they did or when they paid for the game or whatever and don't necessarily care what that thing is, and people who want that thing for it's own sake and don't necessarily know or want to impinge on what was required to get it.

The way the OP framed the question it sounds like they didn't know there is a tiger senche mount (since it's so rarely seen), they're not asking to have the exclusive reward given to people who paid ZOS earlier than others, they just like tigers and think a tiger would be a cool mount. But it's pretty unlikely they'll get one because for whatever reason the tiger was the thing chosen to give out for buying 300 days of subscription time before it became optional.

Nice for early adopters to have an unusual variation on the senche mounts to use, sucks for tiger fans. But it would be the same problem if they'd used anything else, it would just be fans of that thing who are stuck with no hope of getting it.

Still ZOS have shown that they are willing to release other feline mounts with tiger stripes, and I don't recall any objection to those so maybe they could do another variation which is a bit closer to a tiger but not the same as the existing one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would release a real tiger, not just a striped panther or lion
  • Whiskers
    Whiskers
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so was an exclusive gift. I understand the people who already had it would get nothing. This would not be new however.
    How many people bought the wolf mount before ZOS gave it to everyone for free? They didn't get anything special.

The matching orange tiger cub however was in the store at one time
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiskers wrote: »
    Ok so was an exclusive gift. I understand the people who already had it would get nothing. This would not be new however.
    How many people bought the wolf mount before ZOS gave it to everyone for free? They didn't get anything special.

There are several items that were rewarded to players who subscribed during the first year before ESO became F2P ($10-$20 barrier to entry). The Senche-Tiger Mount, the Ice Wraith pet, and a unique jester outfit with 3 faces. Each for longer periods of total subscription time.

Players have repeatedly contacted ZOS to unlock these as rewards and I’m sure that like with motifs and assets ZOS has a policy in place to NEVER change or reward these again.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For me, at least, it really isn't about getting something.

It is about what the Senche Tiger represents.

That first year on PC got thrown under the bus: slow fixes and content drought... and that was for console.

Honestly, look at the content releases. While ZOS was rushing to get console out PC paid the price. What we got back, after 300 days of sub loyalty was the Senche Tiger mount.

The mount has a meaning beyond just being a Senche Tiger mount. It has never fit with the aesthetic of the character I started in the first hour of PC early access. However, he has ridden it every day in the six-ish years since it was awarded.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

That first year on PC got thrown under the bus: slow fixes and content drought... and that was for console.

Honestly, look at the content releases. While ZOS was rushing to get console out PC paid the price. What we got back, after 300 days of sub loyalty was the Senche Tiger mount.

The mount has a meaning beyond just being a Senche Tiger mount. It has never fit with the aesthetic of the character I started in the first hour of PC early access. However, he has ridden it every day in the six-ish years since it was awarded.

Yes, that's the one I'm wanting.

I'm all black Khajiit, w/ the "starter" Black Senche Panther Cub, now I want the Mount to complete the "set".
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »
    Why are there no Senche tigers mounts? The normal orange ones that you see in the wild, but as mounts.

What do you play on? (PC, Xbox, or PS)

I understand if you may not see them on the consoles but they do exist. but only for those who had them already and then also purchased the one time character copy for the consoles' respective launches. (I purchased both, never used the PS one though)

I'm on PC and I can't remember the last time I saw one. I suspect most long-term players have so many mounts now that they don't use any individual one regularly unless there's a special reason for it (like writing that mount into a character's backstory so they never use anything else) so the chances of seeing any specific mount you don't own are probably low.

I have the first character I created at early release. She's my main crafter with all the motifs and, with a lot of effort, all the recipes. She gets the loyalty tiger. All my other 17 alts get a character appropriate mount. Yes, most of them are senches/ feline types
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, that's the one I'm wanting.

I'm all black Khajiit, w/ the "starter" Black Senche Panther Cub, now I want the Mount to complete the "set".

And so what would be your suggestion to ZOS if they were to try and square this circle?
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Just put the thing back in the crown store, like they do everything else.

Quit hiding it in some "CRATE"/gambling machine that I will never buy...

I don't gamble in R/L, why would I do it in a game?

It's a waste of $$

Just put them ALL in crown store and attach the price tag to it....
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's a waste of $$

The senche tiger mount I described isn't in a crate.

The senche tiger mount isn't in anything. It is no longer available. My response, and those of others in this thread, made that clear.

The reason for its lack of availability was also explained.

Given those things, I would be interested to hear your solution.
    Edited by Iluvrien on 23 June 2021 21:39
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a waste of $$

The senche tiger mount isn't in anything. It is no longer available. My response, and those of others in this thread, made that clear.

The solution has been given already.. You won't get that senche skin, deal with it and move on.. In the future, you might get another one
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in beta I subscribed I must have let my sub lapse at some point because I never got this mount. I can't remember how many times I left and came back usually because I worked an ungodly amount of hours. I remember one period I couldn't log in for 6 months but kept my sub. I was always to tired to drag myself to the computer to play or too busy with rl. So I missed out on this mount, tigers are one of my favorite animals. I am hoping for a leopard in the future though, all these flashy mounts with special glows I would trade in a minute for a leopard.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    I was in beta I subscribed I must have let my sub lapse at some point because I never got this mount. I can't remember how many times I left and came back usually because I worked an ungodly amount of hours. I remember one period I couldn't log in for 6 months but kept my sub. I was always to tired to drag myself to the computer to play or too busy with rl. So I missed out on this mount, tigers are one of my favorite animals. I am hoping for a leopard in the future though, all these flashy mounts with special glows I would trade in a minute for a leopard.

It's not a tiger, it's just striped
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's a waste of $$

The solution has been given already.. You won't get that senche skin, deal with it and move on.. In the future, you might get another one

Someone else who hasn't read the thread... I already have it.

I literally posted in this thread about my main riding it every day.

I was looking for a solution for the people who don't have it, to make them happy, while not removing the meaning from the thing I already have, and therefore keeping me happy.

It looks like my attempt to bridge the gap was seen as wishing to achieve it for myself. 6 years late on that one.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a waste of $$

Someone else who hasn't read the thread... I already have it.

I literally posted in this thread about my main riding it every day.

I was looking for a solution for the people who don't have it, to make them happy, while not removing the meaning from the thing I already have, and therefore keeping me happy.

It looks like my attempt to bridge the gap was seen as wishing to achieve it for myself. 6 years late on that one.

I read it ty.. You as in people.. I can change it to they if it makes it better.. THEY are not gonna get it if they don't have it, and neither should THEY
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see a different tiger. White would be cool, black/gray would also be cool. Even an orange one could be visually unique if it were more toward the red end of the spectrum, the 1 year tiger mount is too yellow/golden for my taste. The concept of a tiger mount doesn’t need to be exclusive, just don’t make it identical to the old loyalty reward.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And your point?
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And your point?

My point stands right there in the message, the reply to what he said