PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Cyrodiil queue froze at position 15, & timer is bouncing around for the last 40min. I tried leaving queue but the notification is stuck at "Leaving", locked out from requeue.

Never seen this before.

This has been happening to people since last patch too. Good that they are focusing on performance.
    Options
  • Lactauna
    Lactauna
    ✭✭
    June?????????

Completely unacceptable ZOS, absolutely completely unacceptable.
    Options
  • Norgh
    Norgh
    ✭✭✭
    What a disgrace, can't imagine Xbox will be too happy about this as this is an Xbox game pass game. hopefully they will step in.
    Xbox EU-UK Xbox Series X
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its fallout 76 team have mainteance and update at eso now. And all now what fiasko that game to is. Same company so im sure its that team broken eso too

Nothing wrong with Fallout 76, 1.51, Season 4 released 27th April. I played it all day yesterday with no problems on PS4.

But I think Blackwood should be delayed until ESO major bugs are removed.

No-one will buy a product for a broken game.
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Sju wrote: »
    I guess its fallout 76 team have mainteance and update at eso now. And all now what fiasko that game to is. Same company so im sure its that team broken eso too

76 is actually a very good game now, I can't even remember the last time I had issues with it in the past 3 months I've been back.

I have played that game too and never in my life had so much buds in my life lol game s a joke played it with a friend. We gave it so many chanches but i felt it been only more and more Worse. Guess you read all nesgativ people write about that game. Can say we råtry it many times and after many updates its still a joke. But i dont kniw for i deleted that game now never more i will give any money to this company. Same eso been a joke
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Norgh wrote: »
    What a disgrace, can't imagine Xbox will be too happy about this as this is an Xbox game pass game. hopefully they will step in.

There's worse games on game pass than this. Add to that, the game actually works. The current issue doesn't actually affect the core game play. Annoying asf? Aye, without a doubt. but that's all it is.

The only thing you can do is vote with your wallet. Don't renew your sub and don't buy fluff from the CS. But folk don't. They come on here and complain how bad the game is, the next day they're showing of their new shiny CS garbage.

I've not subbed for months now because what is wrong with the game affects me in some way enough for me to withhold my support. But that's been my choice. It's all you can do.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on 30 April 2021 10:13
    Options
  • G45-DarkShadow
    Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the item UI issues currently on the ESO console servers. Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the temporary workarounds for these issues, linked below. We understand this is frustrating and thank you for your patience.

What do I do if menus and inventory screens aren't updating properly? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53089

What do I do if I'm experiencing a lag or delay while selling items? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53096

This is once again an absolute indictment and shows how great the incompetence is in the developer and / or quality team. Well, let's just do it. No performance, no money. ESO + subscription disabled. I've had enough with this clown club here.
    Options
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the item UI issues currently on the ESO console servers. Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the temporary workarounds for these issues, linked below. We understand this is frustrating and thank you for your patience.

What do I do if menus and inventory screens aren't updating properly? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53089

What do I do if I'm experiencing a lag or delay while selling items? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53096

wow... looks like many of us will not be subbing til at least June then
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is not just sitting on the issue after the notably bad previous immediate patch days, but what over 30 days of this sitting here is going to do for people’s dispositions to the new expansion.

30 days is a long time. This or other threads will keep coming back and haunting them for an entire month like a rash. Disgust will fester and grow.

In that environment even relatively minor problems at launch are going to be hammered.

Big ones will be catastrophic.

And all in heaven’s name they had to do to release that pressure valve was to revert it.

But shrug. I see spriggans at the crafting tables on PS4 this morning, so maybe whoever is making the calls is right and the market will bear it all and pay them extra for it. But karma is as karma does, and there are alternatives on the horizon.

Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO has a lot of issues we deal with day by day but this bug affects the very thing we sub ESO+ for. Our crafting bag is not usable as it is supposed to be. It should make our life easier, not more complicated. That is why we pay for it. And this service is not delivered at the moment on consoles. We don't know when it will work again either. So all the anger is fully understandable, considering how long we had to wait for an acknowledgement of the issue and the way it is dealt with.

And while we don't get a hotfix for more than a month for a service we pay for, all we get is "understanding" and "thank you for your patience". And a bit of blame towards the platform holders Sony and Microsoft which will obviously not solve this game-caused issue either. This is all we get. "Thank you for your patience." Patience is a limited resource and this game and the way it is delivered stresses this resource very, very hard.
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This is unacceptable, inexcusable, and anti-consumer. ZoS has time to produce the patch’s but no resources to address issues when they arise. How do you justify not fixing a core aspect of eso+ for 6 weeks? This isn’t a free service, we pay for the service and on top of that it jeopardizes the core economy in ESO by hindering trading guilds. I understand there are “work-arounds” but they are clunky at best and shouldn’t be a substitute for timely and comprehensive customer service. I would be embarrassed to have my name attached to that notice. Especially after the lengthy message from ZoS after the most recent extended maintenance that stated you’d do better, we deserve better. The praise your received after that communication must have went to your head because here we are just a few weeks later and the messaging is “we’re busy, figure it out”. Just shameful. I used to say “ZoS is better than this” but I don’t think you are. I think it’s all smoke and mirrors and you’re just as corrupt and anti-consumer as the rest. They won’t leave, we have them hooked. I used to get angry, now I’m at acceptance. You don’t care, I don’t care.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    This game start to be a joke or support is they want us to pay sub ESO pluss for something not working only make life in ESO more complicated and no talk about refund its a scam like its now they sell a product not working. From start in 2014 this game always been error and bugs have no idea about how many ticket i sent these years 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 but now is enough enough and never again this i support this game if you we not anything rewarded ( sorry maybe wrong word ) im not english. But serious do rellly ESO think only say sorry is enough for waiting months.

If you think evry month 1 million pay for ESO pluss that is almost 13 million dollar its big scam a few dollar for us, when all pay its big money. And think about all they sell in S.... crown store. This is just an example but they say join 16million people play this game 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤪🤪🤪🥸🥸🥸🥸🤬🤬🤬🤬
    Edited by Mefromnorway on 30 April 2021 12:41
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • G45-DarkShadow
    Really considering to request a refund of my ESO+ for this month at Playstation. Just to make them aware of this bullsh** and set a sign to ZOS (knowing they will give a *** about it like the do since years)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    What gets me is not just sitting on the issue after the notably bad previous immediate patch days, but what over 30 days of this sitting here is going to do for people’s dispositions to the new expansion.

30 days is a long time. This or other threads will keep coming back and haunting them for an entire month like a rash. Disgust will fester and grow.

In that environment even relatively minor problems at launch are going to be hammered.

And all in heaven’s name they had to do to release that pressure valve was to revert it.

But shrug. I see spriggans at the crafting tables on PS4 this morning, so maybe whoever is making the calls is right and the market will bear it all and pay them extra for it. But karma is as karma does, and there are alternatives on the horizon.

I hear calls for reverting, but I doubt that it is as easy as it sounds. The client and server versions are tied together. If the client is rolled back, which would fix this problem, the server would have to be rolled back or the client would probably not work. If the server is rolled back, it is likely that the player database would have to be rolled back, as well. This means testing (server) and certification (client), during which time the servers would be offline. Hours? Days?

This is a huge thing to do. All progress for all players would be erased back to the patch date. All players on the platform, whether they were seeing this problem, or even cared about the problem, would be hit. If that is the price of a rollback, I can't see ZOS doing that for something like this bug. This is a 'nuke it from orbit' level response. It is the only way I can see they could 'roll back' and not just make things worse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that Jess is just the messenger here so the frustration isn’t towards her. However, it seems pretty clear that the players are not happy with this decision and want a better resolve. 40 days is a long wait for a pretty impactful bug like this.

A thread on this issue was closed on the General Page due to non-constructive post? More specifically “bashing”. People are angry. Even the PC community are angry with us. Which seems rare. Where else are we to vent our anger and frustrations about the game? How else would ZOS know how we feel as a community on issues that affect the game? Seems like this would be the right place.

At the end of the day we ALL want a working, playable game. Even the devs and CM’s. The players want better communication and to feel like we are more than just a dollar sign.
    I’m unsure why bug fixes can’t be released in a more consistent manor like other game developers have done. TESO has been the first game I’ve come across to claim they can’t get a bug fix done for such a length of time due to certification.

Anyone can Google what the certification process usually entails and how long it can typically take. If you’ve done this, then you’ll know that these can be flipped within a day or two for bug fixes but may take longer for content updates. So the suggestion of they can’t get it done sooner seems dishonest. Reads more like that just want to bundle it with the update. Makes it easier for them. For small bug fixes, sure. This UI bug is a pretty bad bug that should take priority. That’s an opinion though. I just hope they do the right thing here and get it outa lot sooner.
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mockery of the players, as much as possible, no matter how much the update, so surely something breaks in the game. Maybe it's time to start firing employees for such a disgusting attitude to work?

Honestly, that attitude is disgusting. You want people to lose their jobs over a game. So sorry you can't feed your families because a player thinks you should be fired. Really?
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the client is rolled back, which would fix this problem, the server would have to be rolled back or the client would probably not work. If the server is rolled back, it is likely that the player database would have to be rolled back, as well. This means testing (server) and certification (client), during which time the servers would be offline. Hours? Days?

Your strange defense of ZOS is filled with so many assumptions about the process that it just makes me chuckle, so hey, thanks for that.

You know what would clear up assumptions vs assumptions?

ZOS laying out the whys and whatfors and genuinely owning the situation holistically.

Edited by Riptide on 30 April 2021 14:14
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I took a break from Console for two years to return on pc, and then returned to ps4 this month out of curiosity. Looks like I picked a good time. 🤣
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
    Options
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mockery of the players, as much as possible, no matter how much the update, so surely something breaks in the game. Maybe it's time to start firing employees for such a disgusting attitude to work?

Honestly, that attitude is disgusting. You want people to lose their jobs over a game. So sorry you can't feed your families because a player thinks you should be fired. Really?

Holding people accountable isn't disgusting.
    The video game industry is one of the few industries that seems to get away with this kind of stuff.
    I assure you if I fail to do my job I will be held accountable, I will be disciplined and if I continue to fail at my job I will be let go, this is life for almost everyone else in the world...
    I actually want worse than 1 or 2 people to lose their jobs, I want companies that continue to fail to provide what is advertised to be held accountable.
    If this means hitting them financially and hard then so be it, let it serve as a lesson for the future companies.
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think people are awfully hyperbolic when it comes to staffing change updates.

Has it occurred to you that quite a number of us aren’t just customers, but shareholders?

And that few want to see coders or forum moderators lose their jobs.

But look, at some point director level folks need to be held accountable. Those folks aren’t going to go hungry, and scrubbing very reasonable and natural calls for substantive change is extremely unhealthy. It will only delay the inevitable, particularly in the wake of an acquisition.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

The video game industry is one of the few industries that seems to get away with this kind of stuff.
    I assure you if I fail to do my job I will be held accountable, I will be disciplined and if I continue to fail at my job I will be let go, this is life for almost everyone else in the world...
    I actually want worse than 1 or 2 people to lose their jobs, I want companies that continue to fail to provide what is advertised to be held accountable.
    If this means hitting them financially and hard then so be it, let it serve as a lesson for the future companies.

That is total BS. Telling ZOS to fire people is disgusting. If you don't like the product, don't play it, don't subscribe to it. Talk with your wallet but to ask that ZOS fire people over something so minute is just ridiculous. It's a game, go do something else if you get so uptight over game bugs.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the client is rolled back, which would fix this problem, the server would have to be rolled back or the client would probably not work. If the server is rolled back, it is likely that the player database would have to be rolled back, as well. This means testing (server) and certification (client), during which time the servers would be offline. Hours? Days?

Your strange defense of ZOS is filled with so many assumptions about the process that it just makes me chuckle, so hey, thanks for that.

You know what would clear up assumptions vs assumptions?

ZOS laying out the whys and whatfors and genuinely owning the situation holistically.

They have no reason share more details. They have already laid out the basis to go on, which I think some people are either ignoring or just assuming they are story telling.

I mean, consider the three things going on here.

1) There is a rather severe bug that needs to be patched. This requires development to create a fix, QA to test the fix, and finally a build sent to Playstation, XBox, and probably Stadia to be "certified". Yes, the certification could probably be done in a day, under emergency circumstances. The QA can probably be done in a day or two. The fix is probably already done, but would also take a day or two. If they had nothing else to do, they could probably have patched it this week.
    2) Chapter is coming out, and my feeling is that it is behind schedule. They have to get this done, which requires weekly builds, weekly QA, and weekly patches. With no console companies, they don't have to certify, but they still need to QA it before the end of the week so that they can install it on Monday. This is not the same QA that is being done for the bug. I am not making them work weekends in this scenario, but Firor might. Why not just push it back? Well...
    3) Next gen console is coming out in conjunction with Update 30. This is not just a patch. This is a bigger deal. It is not unreasonable that QA and the console companies are going to want to have a little more time sniffing it over before it is released. QA is testing this, and it is not the same testing that is being done on the Chapter, and not the same testing that is being done for the bug. This work is coordinated with the console companies, so I would not expect that moving dates around is a trivial matter. People at Playstation and XBox have other things to do besides checking out ESO, so who knows whether they can change dates. You probably don't like it when someone tries to reschedule an appointment to a time you cannot do, and I can see this being a problem here, as well.

The bottom line is that I think this is just a really bad time for a bug like this to pop up and we are seeing ZOS between a rock and a hard place. The fact that they can't communicate with us just makes it worse.

Naturally, this is built on assumptions, which may or may not be accurate. It is not to "defend ZOS", they can do that themselves, but merely to present what I think is actually going on, without devolving along paths that are clearly inaccurate.

Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I hear calls for reverting, but I doubt that it is as easy as it sounds. The client and server versions are tied together. If the client is rolled back, which would fix this problem, the server would have to be rolled back or the client would probably not work. If the server is rolled back, it is likely that the player database would have to be rolled back, as well. This means testing (server) and certification (client), during which time the servers would be offline. Hours? Days?

This is a huge thing to do. All progress for all players would be erased back to the patch date. All players on the platform, whether they were seeing this problem, or even cared about the problem, would be hit. If that is the price of a rollback, I can't see ZOS doing that for something like this bug. This is a 'nuke it from orbit' level response. It is the only way I can see they could 'roll back' and not just make things worse.

Other online game have roll back like red dead online and dc universe. All your progressiv be saved and will not go back again.
    Edited by Mefromnorway on 30 April 2021 14:45

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

That is total BS. Telling ZOS to fire people is disgusting. If you don't like the product, don't play it, don't subscribe to it. Talk with your wallet but to ask that ZOS fire people over something so minute is just ridiculous. It's a game, go do something else if you get so uptight over game bugs.

This attitude is why this ongoing state of affairs continues.
    ZoS should be held accountable, I have a feeling this is more upper level focus distribution rather than the dev's themselves.
    Just note if the dev's aren't given the time or resources to properly do their job it's not their jobs that should be on the line.
    If all resources are being pushed into new content and the reapings of the crown crates are not being put back into the game this isn't the dev's fault either.
    But it is someone's fault isn't it?
    I'm not being unreasonable or uptight to expect accountability and a product working as advertised.
    Shall I turn your argument to medicine and see the outcome?

Edited by mobicera on 30 April 2021 14:55
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bottom line is that I think this is just a really bad time for a bug like this to pop up and we are seeing ZOS between a rock and a hard place. The fact that they can't communicate with us just makes it worse.

Can’t? *chuckle

Naturally, this is built on assumptions, which may or may not be accurate. It is not to "defend ZOS", they can do that themselves, but merely to present what I think is actually going on, without devolving along paths that are clearly inaccurate.

But see, they don’t. And that void not just invites speculation but makes it a certainty.

As for “clearly inaccurate”, again, *chuckle

Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I’m going to make a couple of analogies.

First, consider a leader in government. If a citizen disagrees with said leaders actions and policies, are they disgusting for wanting them replaced, and voting for an alternative? After all, the person voted out loses their job.

Second, if a person is guilty of sexual harassment in the workplace, are customers disgusting for calling for the termination of that person? After all, the person voted out loses their job.

I could endless examples where desiring and calling for change would be obviously not just not disgusting but right and noble.

And look, it isn’t simply this one issue. It is the decision that keeps being made, year after year to short shrift QA on consoles. To not invest in a console PTS environment. To not staff stronger for console UI development and bug fixes.

Years. Countless issues. Endless calls to pivot.

Whoever that person or people are who have resisted change, it is disgusting for people to call for a change?

No, it is not. And it will be called for in more places than this I can assure you. It will. not. go. away.

Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To help reestablish the mutual appreciation and respect between ZOS, Sony, & their customers please share your respectful feedback on the value and importance of this relationship.

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation

https://mobile.twitter.com/AskPlayStation/

https://mobile.twitter.com/playstation

Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Less focus on QA is a huge problem throughout the business world. Welcome to real life. It may not be good, but many companies are often so focused on reducing immediate costs that they don't follow deeper issues like QA failures.

The only way to get ZoS to take an impact is to quit playing, along with lots of others. Whining about it won't change a thing and even asking for improvements (which I frequently do) is really a waste of time here.

I left WoW several years back for related frustrations. They continued of course, but have seen the impact of many people making similar choices. ESO has a much smaller playerbase, but will face the same issue.

I do know I have not bought the expansion yet, which is unusual for me. Hopefully they take this seriously, but I have walked from an MMO before (several in fact) and I will do it again here if I feel that is appropriate. I hope that does not happen, but the trending is not good.

Ironically I made a post about this direction several months ago and it just got moved to the Bug Reports forum, when it was not a bug report, but addressing the direction issue.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other online game have roll back like red dead online and dc universe. All your progressiv be saved and will not go back again.

Yes, but I don't have that much confidence in how ZOS does things. If they take a "never look back" approach, once the server goes live, the data stored for the player could be specific to that version. Even if they do think they can save the data, they still have to test everything to make sure. If they mess that up, they are in bigger trouble than a UI bug.
    As for “clearly inaccurate”, again, *chuckle

You have to remember that "clearly inaccurate" includes all sorts of wild ideas, like "ZOS doesn't care", which is rather absurd since they went to all the expense to put it on the platform.

As for why they can't consistently take the time to drop a dime and at least keep the communication going, I have been asking myself that years. Sometimes they do. Other times, it is like they all went on vacation. They even hired more people a few years back (the "Three Musketeers") and then I don't think we ever heard from them again.

Edited by Elsonso on 30 April 2021 16:48

Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're already most likely working 60 hour weeks. That's a lot of time away from their lives and families, but the truth is that will never be enough in the eyes of some consumers. Even if they worked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week straight, some consumers would still have something to complain about. The logic presented here though, is that they want certain problems fixed, but they want the people who will fix these problems to lose their job...but if they aren't there anymore, who is going to fix these problems? I never understand that line of logic myself.
    Options