The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. ZOS is clearly spitting in the face of all its PS4 customers refusing to fix this issue and leaving us without any idea when it will be addressed.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madhojo wrote: »
    I agree. ZOS is clearly spitting in the face of all its PS4 customers refusing to fix this issue and leaving us without any idea when it will be addressed.

Xbox has the same issues.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Madhojo wrote: »

Xbox has the same issues.

Actually, I think anyone using a controller sees this problem, right?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    I just realized that the word sorry or apologies does not appear in this statement.

That's actually kinda cold, in a hard eye contact kinda way.

E0JU8jjXoAo4FND?format=jpg&name=large

Was that an oversight?
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    :/
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if I learned anything, it's get off the Titanic before it sinks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that the word sorry or apologies does not appear in this statement.

Was that an oversight?

Doubt it. If they start doing this, then people will complain that the only things we ever hear from ZOS are apologies. :smile:
    Well if I learned anything, it's get off the Titanic before it sinks.

If you really learned something, it would have to be "don't get on the Titanic in the first place". Once on-board, it is already too late.
    Edited by Elsonso on 4 May 2021 12:50
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day we all want the same thing. A fun game that works as intended and keeps us entertained for hours on end. But what works on PTS or an internal server may not work on a live server. Thus, the creation of bugs.

I did want to help clear up some confusion about why certain console bugs i.e crown store can be fixed instantly while others can’t. Console technology has allowed game devs to update/fix games live. Meaning the server doesn’t have to come down for these kinds of issues. Such as crown store fixes. However, bugs that effect UI or game mechanics, loot, systems usually require a patch meaning the server has to be taken offline to implement. Sometimes issues do occur during this process. Like for instance, the very extended downtime PS had last time. So the UI bug fix would require the server to come down where as a crown store fix usually wouldn’t.

I think, well, for me at least, the problem here is so many bugs are being introduced into the game each patch/update. Followed by not being addressed/fixed in a more timely manner. Some issues, sure, they can be set aside for a bit, but some issues, like the current UI bug, in my opinion, should take priority. But also understanding that some bugs take time to find and then have to be investigated and replicated. For instance, this furniture bug that has been happing for some people. Also note, last we heard, the devs and teams have been working from home. It’s possible they don’t have all the tools at home they would have at the office (which is interesting). I’m not making any excuses for them. I absolutely disagree with their approach and am just as confused on their reasoning regarding the UI bug. I’m even angrier that it’s going to take such a long time to fix. But I wanted to offer a slightly different perspective to consider. Hopefully they can get the fix sooner rather than later.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing ESO exclusively for over five years and subbed to plus continuously for over three. Based on my own experience with the issues and what I've been reading here, I've also cancelled my auto renew and will not be subbing again until this stuff gets fixed. I've only been logging in to get my daily rewards and hireling mails. I got a ps5 and was wanting to get my girlfriend more into the game since we can finally play together with her on the ps4, but we are just playing something else instead.

It's sad and discouraging that I am now reluctant to recommend this game to anyone when I've loved it for so long.
  • Aektann
    Aektann
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way! This topic won't die. All of us players on consoles should cancel eso+ and stop pay any money to Zenimax. If they don't understand words they will understand actions.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QenQuni wrote: »
    Anyone who is expecting anything to change or be addressed with Wednesday's maintenance is already setting themselves up. It's a maintenance, not a patch maintenance. And ZOS has told us no more incremental patches until June 8th. Nothing is changing for us on console for the next month. Period. We have what we have.

So, where is the idea coming from that literally anything will change on Wednesday?

'Cuz it's not. And then people will rage more because they illogically expected something to change.

(I'm not defending ZOS here because I'm as angry as everyone else. But I see WAY too many times people talking about "if x and y aren't fixed during maintenance" when it ain't a patch maintenance...)

To shed some light on it for people who dont know much about how online servers work... not everything requires a patch, certain issues could be fixed (hotfixes) without a patch being needed, all it takes for hotfixes to take effect is restarting the server, a normal maintenance does not take 8 hours.. I wouldnt say to get your hopes up, but we are waiting to see whats get done before taking further steps. Yes we are all mad but we should also give them the time to try and fix something, if they fail to do so we as paying customers (people who have bought their ESO plus for multiple months, in 1 year or multiple year packages) are legally within our right to take our complaints to outside sources. If this was a one time event outside sources would not do much but this has been going on for 6 weeks already, i cant speak for the NA server as American law concerning gaming is not the same as it is for Europeans. But in Europe there is a certain Gaming Commission who does take complaints from consumers serious, im not sure how much they can do and its not ment as a threat but its starting to look that aside from complaining to Sony thats the only alternative if they keep charging us for a broken service.

So, is it safe to assume that since today's maintenance did not take the scheduled 8 hours that nothing has likely changed for us on the user end?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aektann wrote: »
    No way! This topic won't die. All of us players on consoles should cancel eso+ and stop pay any money to Zenimax. If they don't understand words they will understand actions.

It is going to die. These topics always do. People will continue to buy ESO Plus, and will continue to buy Chapters. A few might depart, some might stop ESO Plus, some might refuse to buy the Chapter, but nothing in here was the End of the World. There is a bug. Bug will be fixed in June because of coming next-gen client. When told that, I think most people get it and get on with their lives.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

It is going to die. These topics always do. People will continue to buy ESO Plus, and will continue to buy Chapters. A few might depart, some might stop ESO Plus, some might refuse to buy the Chapter, but nothing in here was the End of the World. There is a bug. Bug will be fixed in June because of coming next-gen client. When told that, I think most people get it and get on with their lives.

All I get is that the game was broken in such an obvious way with regard to basic features that is killing people's desire to play.
    These bugs are so obvious and prevalent that it is reasonable to assume 2 things 1 either no internal testing was done on console whatsoever or it was done and found and the patch was pushed out regardless.
    Now instead of a multi million dollar company spending some of these resources back on the game we are supporting, they are essentially telling us tough deal with it like the addicts you are.
    This is enough that the company should really be financially responsible for it.
    Or the company should really be boycotted.

Why do we allow this kind of shotty product from video game companies?
    Why are they exempt from providing what is advertised?
    Could it be just one more fix?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who is expecting anything to change or be addressed with Wednesday's maintenance is already setting themselves up. It's a maintenance, not a patch maintenance. And ZOS has told us no more incremental patches until June 8th. Nothing is changing for us on console for the next month. Period. We have what we have.

So, where is the idea coming from that literally anything will change on Wednesday?

'Cuz it's not. And then people will rage more because they illogically expected something to change.

(I'm not defending ZOS here because I'm as angry as everyone else. But I see WAY too many times people talking about "if x and y aren't fixed during maintenance" when it ain't a patch maintenance...)

To shed some light on it for people who dont know much about how online servers work... not everything requires a patch, certain issues could be fixed (hotfixes) without a patch being needed, all it takes for hotfixes to take effect is restarting the server, a normal maintenance does not take 8 hours.. I wouldnt say to get your hopes up, but we are waiting to see whats get done before taking further steps. Yes we are all mad but we should also give them the time to try and fix something, if they fail to do so we as paying customers (people who have bought their ESO plus for multiple months, in 1 year or multiple year packages) are legally within our right to take our complaints to outside sources. If this was a one time event outside sources would not do much but this has been going on for 6 weeks already, i cant speak for the NA server as American law concerning gaming is not the same as it is for Europeans. But in Europe there is a certain Gaming Commission who does take complaints from consumers serious, im not sure how much they can do and its not ment as a threat but its starting to look that aside from complaining to Sony thats the only alternative if they keep charging us for a broken service.

So, is it safe to assume that since today's maintenance did not take the scheduled 8 hours that nothing has likely changed for us on the user end?

The maintenance was server (hardware), not patch (software). So nothing would change.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The maintenance was server (hardware), not patch (software). So nothing would change.

I agree and actually stated as such initially a few pages back, but the person I quoted/responded to basically called me wrong after I made that statement, so I am awaiting their response.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    Why do we allow this kind of shotty product from video game companies?
    Why are they exempt from providing what is advertised?

That is the bigger question.

It is hard to control a herd. Someone will always be willing to overlook the garbage that is marketed as diamonds.

The fact is that if players want to play games, they have to take the garbage, too. The studios know they can ship garbage. They just need to keep it within the tolerance level, which is never zero.
  • grumpy_pants95
    I think y'all overreact and don't actually understand the meaning of their message

"Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch."

If y'all think that they can go past the certification process with Sony only to fix a minor bug, you're fooling yourself. - Also, the bug is not "GaMe BrEaKiNg" in the slightest, game works perfectly fine STOP OVERREACTING!

They have provided workarounds to the issues until next patch in matter to make YOUR life easier, if y'all can't even appreciate that nor take it as a "sorry we can't do anything earlier but here's a "oh sh*t" sort of fix for this until further notice" then really i cannot comprehend how any of you have gone through life whatsoever.

Clearly none of you really read the messages ZOS have put up properly nor have any interest in understanding them whatsoever, which to be completely honest it's your fault and not theirs.

With all that being said, thank you ZOS for your hard work.

• MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭

"Some"
    "a few"

That's the problem.

If thousands users unsubscribe right now, there will be a patch tomorrow for our PS4 comrades. Just link this post to your friends and ask them to share, so that they can understand how much ZOS considers them. Lot of people even on PC like me will unsub in solidarity.

We need a Massive Multiplayer Organized Reclaim: Patch up this Game.

• allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think y'all overreact and don't actually understand the meaning of their message

"Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch."

If y'all think that they can go past the certification process with Sony only to fix a minor bug, you're fooling yourself. - Also, the bug is not "GaMe BrEaKiNg" in the slightest, game works perfectly fine STOP OVERREACTING!

They have provided workarounds to the issues until next patch in matter to make YOUR life easier, if y'all can't even appreciate that nor take it as a "sorry we can't do anything earlier but here's a "oh sh*t" sort of fix for this until further notice" then really i cannot comprehend how any of you have gone through life whatsoever.

Clearly none of you really read the messages ZOS have put up properly nor have any interest in understanding them whatsoever, which to be completely honest it's your fault and not theirs.

We know if push comes to shove that they CAN do things. They are choosing NOT to.

There is ZERO apology in that statement.

And the reason for the workarounds is because they broke the game in the first place.

I try my best be understanding. But in this case, they dropped the ball. Hard.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It also took them a full week to let us know that they weren't going to fix anything for a month and a half. Complete trash response.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logan_ESO wrote: »

"Some"
    "a few"

That's the problem.

If thousands users unsubscribe right now, there will be a patch tomorrow for our PS4 comrades. Just link this post to your friends and ask them to share, so that they can understand how much ZOS considers them. Lot of people even on PC like me will unsub in solidarity.

No. They will not patch. Simply that. Console enhanced completely eclipses this. They are not going to delay that to fix this when they can do both at the same time. (Assuming fix works.... ZOS standard disclaimers apply)

We also need to stop saying that this is a PS4 issue, implying that it is not an issue anywhere else.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://sonyreconsidered.com/ps4-devs-gaining-same-day-certification-cb9cc51f0c68
    Same day certification process offered by sony.
    Quick Google search...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

https://sonyreconsidered.com/ps4-devs-gaining-same-day-certification-cb9cc51f0c68
    Same day certification process offered by sony.
    Quick Google search...

Google missed the point. This isn't about whether they can do a one day certification at Sony. It is about whether they can release a patch for XBox and PS4 while at the same time finalizing and certifying an update for XBox and PS4 and PS5 and XBox Series.
  • alcoraptor
    alcoraptor
    ✭✭✭

I understand the meaning just fine. I understand that they've said there will be no further patches for over a month.

The issue I have with this is two-fold:
    1. They have known about these issues for a long time (far longer than they've had Blackwood scheduled for certification, certainly), and have had 4 (FOUR!) failed patching attempts at these bugs so far, so it is clear that QA is failing miserably
    2. There is not even a hint of apology or acknowledgement that this is a terrible way to treat your customers. We've essentially been told "yeah, it's broken, deal with it"

I understand that resourcing is an issue, and they're being pushed to get this content out as fast as they can, but let's not forget that there was a letter from the Studio Director not that long ago admitting that they had dropped the ball on this and were going to do better.

In the mean time, we're left with a game that does not perform as advertised. Yes, there are workarounds - but they are massively inconvenient and do not work some of the time.
    I think we all have a right to be frustrated and annoyed at ZoS for leaving us in this situation, particularly as we're paying for this service.

As a side note, they absolutely can go through the emergency certification process, and absolutely could have a patch out by next week if they wanted to. They're choosing not to, however, and that is very much on them.
    Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexandra Conele from capturing the coral heart!
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread now has over 1k more views than bought Zos posts pinned to the top of the main forums. This issue isn't going away anytime soon and I know a lot of people that have now cancelled there ESO plus sub.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If y'all think that they can go past the certification process with Sony only to fix a minor bug, you're fooling yourself. - Also, the bug is not "GaMe BrEaKiNg" in the slightest, game works perfectly fine STOP Overreacting!
    "Not game breaking" "Works perfectly fine "

Tell that to the tanks unable to see adds in vss, vmol or vka for 5 or 6 seconds while they spawn in for them. Tanking stuff you can't see is great fun!
    Invisible adds in trials is game breaking, and was a wonderful feature introduced on xbox (and ps I think) with the Flames of Ambition patch. On 26th of March. And it's OK to wait til 6th of June for a fix. Just let that sink in there. No death runs, Score runs, hell even just completes are hampered by this bug and no fixes for over 2 months.

Yes the inventory bug might be a minor inconvenience to some, but there are bigger issues affected by us not getting a fix until June.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alcoraptor wrote: »
    1. They have known about these issues for a long time (far longer than they've had Blackwood scheduled for certification, certainly), and have had 4 (FOUR!) failed patching attempts at these bugs so far, so it is clear that QA is failing miserably

It is not QA that is failing. It is management that failed.

Scenario 1: QA finds these and reports them. Management (some producer) decided to wait.

Scenario 2: QA did not find them. Management has not put enough resources into QA.
    As a side note, they absolutely can go through the emergency certification process, and absolutely could have a patch out by next week if they wanted to. They're choosing not to, however, and that is very much on them.

Surprisingly, they probably made the correct decision in this case. That might not be the popular answer, but given the quality issues that ZOS has, and the complexity of changing schedules, this seems like the best option for the consumer.
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭

Another PC user with a bunch of addons talking...

PS4 user myself, no addons...
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    This thread now has over 1k more views than bought Zos posts pinned to the top of the main forums. This issue isn't going away anytime soon and I know a lot of people that have now cancelled there ESO plus sub.

I am as well. This is such a ridiculous issue to be having in the first place but to think that there will not even be the slightest fix until possibly June is ludicrous.
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    As for firing people, experience suggests that most players have no idea what people do at a game studio. If they think they spend the day watching cat videos,

They definitely just watch cat videos all day.