Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Sony needs to put a hold on the Blackwood release.

Oh, please. No. They did this with CP2077 and it cost them at least one customer.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have a refund on Blackwood please?
    Options
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    Console players : "PRETTY bad? The hedge mages have destroyed most of the city!"

ZOS: "Well, I can't give you anything for these."

"Cry me a river.. maybe you can float out of Craglorn!" 🤣🤣
    Options
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    So when the enhanced version drops . Do the people who are still on Xbox ones and ps4’s get left with a broken game? I just canceled my sub I can’t support this game anymore.
    Options
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spriggan polymorph should be our reward for having to deal with this through June, IMO.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just searched for decorative wax on xbox NA, prices are skyrocketing.

No new offers, just older, 200-400 gold each.
    The only cheaper (21 days left, 100 gold) I fetched now so I can continue to offer furniture for a while.
    Options
  • Navarril
    Navarril
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. as a PC player, waiting on the BS Stadia certification is suddenly becoming more acceptable. Wait... no, it's really not.

Y'all have really lost your focus on your best assets - your customers.
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can (almost) accept this is a certification thing.

But I cannot accept the extremely poor customer service & communication on this issue.

Do better.
    Options
  • SonOfSoma
    SonOfSoma
    ✭✭✭
    I hope all the items that are piling up in my mail will NOT be deleted when their timers run out.. As I really can't be bothered with the hassle of the workaround for selling on guild traders..
    Edited by SonOfSoma on 29 April 2021 17:39
    Options
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not renewing my ESO + 12 month sub and I advise anyone that feels strongly the same. Zos can say goodbye to getting €125 a year from ESO + from me for a broken service. If everyone votes with their wallets who feels strongly about this, we can send a message.
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40+ days to fix bank, 50+ days for merchant
    0 customer service

PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    Options
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200.gif
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
    Options
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a process to emergency update, but there is a fee attached...
    Nerf bug stacking! :D

Microsoft hasn’t charged for patch updates since June 2013 and Sony followed them shortly after and also stopped charging for patch updates. However, Microsoft said they did reserve the right to charge for recertification if they wanted to. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony did as well. Prior to 2013 patching a game cost tens of thousands of dollars. Sony can usually process a certification within a day or two. Depending on what’s being certified. They typically just check the basics. I’m unsure on the Microsoft side of things.

With that said, the reasoning given here seems a bit dishonest. I’m certain they could get this particular UI bug fixed sooner. Just seems like they don’t want to. I’d favor delaying the enhanced version if it meant fixing this UI bug sooner.

Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine this situation is as frustrating for the developers as it is for the player base.

Nevertheless, when I said goodbye to my ESO characters before the patch dropped, at the time I was being somewhat flippant. In retrospect? Hmm. This and various other issues are reinforcing that now is a good time to "forget" to install ESO when/if my new console arrives next week. Live service games frequently have these kinds of problems. All the folks pejoratively saying folks like me should "just go play Skyrim" were right, in a way. Single-player RPGs are the way to go.
    Options
  • cougarisbae
    cougarisbae
    ✭✭
    I am all for having the developers take 2 weeks off and put the game offline to fix a bunch of stuff and actually test it. I think a lot of console players would be happy with this. 40 plus days for a fix is absolutely insane.
    Options
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭

what do you mean?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what do you mean?
    Microsoft and Sony can turn around certification in a few days on request, it used to cost money but I was corrected it is now free!
    Bug stacking - applying multiple bugs to a game and not fixing them till bugs are op.

I think the real story is they want to patch the Blackwood version rather than having to patch both the pre Blackwood version and the Blackwood version. Makes logical sense, but not good customer policy.
    Options
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taking customers like us for granted. That’s what’s going on here. How else do you explain this ? They know the emotional attachment that players have for the game, so they exploit that. I chalenge anyone to disprove that.
    Anyway, glad I didn’t get a ps5, just imagine downloading the enhanced game after all these debacles? Can you imagine the anxiety and trepidation of someone about to log in and try it out ?
    Edited by Hawco10 on 29 April 2021 19:07
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real story is they want to patch the Blackwood version rather than having to patch both the pre Blackwood version and the Blackwood version. Makes logical sense, but not good customer policy.

That and while a few ZOS managers and coders may play ESO actively, the chances are high few of them engage in trading very actively day to day, and certainly not on console. How many people in these meetings have things actively for sale on a guild trader on a console right this moment? 1-2 or none is very likely.

It would be easy to see these issues as relatively minor in that situation, whereas to those of us who do play on consoles and who play by the rules and so earn gold by trading the things we pick up or create (with no addons) find this stuff central and, well.

Sad, is the most charitable word.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    As former PS4 player I feel you pain mates. I've left PS4 2 years ago, and it was a mess already.

@ZOS_GinaBruno your company need to think about a HUGE gift for my friends, like 6 months free sub, free new chapter, refound pre-purchase etc. etc.

Edited by MarioMario on 29 April 2021 19:37
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    logan_ESO wrote: »
    As former PS4 player I fell you pain mates. I've left PS4 2 years ago, and it was a mess already.

@ZOS_GinaBruno your company need to think about a HUGE gift for my friends, like 6 months free sub, free new chapter, refound pre-purchase etc. etc.

I want ZOS/Sony to push back Blackwood release & update fixes for however long it takes.

Blackwood is going to add more problems.
    Options
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    If I was a PS4 I would be extremely unhappy and I would definitely unsub. First it was the fiacso that was the anniversary event and they had to extend it and now it is this. It is unacceptable that ESO PS4 players have to wait over a month for their fix.
    Options
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more it is unacceptable.

[snip]

[Edited for Petitions/Protest]
    Edited by Psiion on 29 April 2021 20:33
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more it is unacceptable.

[snip]

[Edited for Petitions/Protest]

I’m simply never, in my life, going to purchase another crown item from them again. Not for myself, my wife, my children or anyone. And I’m not anything like alone in that. We will make do without even items we dearly want and easily have purchasing power for.

I remember making impassioned posts in defense of ZOS when crown crates were introduced. Long winded white knight stuff about supporting the team. And I still ride the storm atronach senche I got in order to support future development, even though I I reckoned it ugly.

That was a different time. Before the psjiic ambrosia mess. The transitus stones. Mounts that cost 2500 crown gems and other predatory pricing.

And now this.

So, they have gotten the last crown gem purchase from me and mine.
    Edited by Psiion on 29 April 2021 20:34
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    ARE YOU [snip] KIDDING ME!!!!

6 MORE WEEKS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SELL SOMETHING IN A GUILD TRADER!!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

[Edit for Profanity.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on 29 April 2021 20:13
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a mockery of the players, as much as possible, no matter how much the update, so surely something breaks in the game. Maybe it's time to start firing employees for such a disgusting attitude to work?

That's just the nature of software. The only software that exists and has zero bugs is vaporware.
    Options
  • _ibexrc
    _ibexrc
    ✭✭
    What a mockery of the players, as much as possible, no matter how much the update, so surely something breaks in the game. Maybe it's time to start firing employees for such a disgusting attitude to work?

That's just the nature of software. The only software that exists and has zero bugs is vaporware.

Which is why we have QA, test suites, regression tests, and the like.

Random things breaking is fine. Major functions breaking, not so much.
    Edited by _ibexrc on 29 April 2021 20:12
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So console players are not important? Got it. Cancelling ESO Plus today.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a refund
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    As former PS4 player I fell you pain mates. I've left PS4 2 years ago, and it was a mess already.

I want ZOS/Sony to push back Blackwood release & update fixes for however long it takes.

Blackwood is going to add more problems.

No..... blackwood is going to add more money. Plain and simple.
    Options