PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Destai wrote: »
    This storm will hopefully blow over and the game will improve, but I can't justify having ESO plus until U30 hopefully fixes the issues.

From what I can tell, the "storm" is not about the UI issues, or even the delay in the patch that fixes it. The bug itself is not that world-shattering. Inconvenient, yes, but once you know about it, it isn't like the world has ended. The delay in the patch is easily understandable. We've all faced delays in things simply because too much is happening at the same time. These things are the pebble in your shoe. Irritating, but not the problem.

As I see it, the storm is really about the accumulated weight of all of the issues that have come and gone where ZOS has thumb-fingered the response, or simply not done anything. This little issue will abate, but the next time ZOS messes up, and there will be a next time, it will fire back up right where it left off.
    No, the bug does not make the game totally unplayable, but it is very, very inconvenient, and should not happen in a game this old. The worst part is that it is such an obvious bug that it should have been easily recognized with any type of testing whatsoever. Not to mention, the fact that such a huge issue(s) will not be corrected for more than a month is really inexcusable. I would normally say that this should all be bad for business, but I guess business is so good they can afford to put it on the back burner.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    This storm will hopefully blow over and the game will improve, but I can't justify having ESO plus until U30 hopefully fixes the issues.

From what I can tell, the "storm" is not about the UI issues, or even the delay in the patch that fixes it. The bug itself is not that world-shattering. Inconvenient, yes, but once you know about it, it isn't like the world has ended. The delay in the patch is easily understandable. We've all faced delays in things simply because too much is happening at the same time. These things are the pebble in your shoe. Irritating, but not the problem.

As I see it, the storm is really about the accumulated weight of all of the issues that have come and gone where ZOS has thumb-fingered the response, or simply not done anything. This little issue will abate, but the next time ZOS messes up, and there will be a next time, it will fire back up right where it left off.
    No, the bug does not make the game totally unplayable, but it is very, very inconvenient, and should not happen in a game this old. The worst part is that it is such an obvious bug that it should have been easily recognized with any type of testing whatsoever. Not to mention, the fact that such a huge issue(s) will not be corrected for more than a month is really inexcusable. I would normally say that this should all be bad for business, but I guess business is so good they can afford to put it on the back burner.

The sad part is that my feeling is that QA did find this, and QA did report it, but someone decided not to fix it. This is a reasonably obvious bug and any amount of real QA testing probably would have found it. I assume they did.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Totally agree. Me personally, I got fired up because the CMs weren't responding here with the same detail we get in the EU forums. It's just unacceptable that people have to beg for responses and engagement from the people we believe should be more present here. Your closing point - that's what I think they need to do some thinking on - how do they restore benefit of the doubt at this point?
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO never been great but it was a good game once, which is suffering under bad management for years and nearly on the edge of players patience. There is no need to write about what is good or not, what they suppose to do or not. ESO didn’t become the game what it is today in a single day, it took years to build also took years to turned into its current “mind blowing”state for PS4 players.Everthing what ZOS needs to know or do already written many times. There are many reasons to play ESO also much more reasons to not...

Honestly, I don't feel like the game is that bad right now. Last year was the most painful, IMO, and I think it turned the tide around U28 and U29. Is it technically at its best? I don't think so, but I feel like there's plenty of ways it's improved. It's just the customer service aspect that's not meeting my needs right now. Players should be able to come the official forums and engage someone from the company. It's that simple. CMs should see something is a sensitive topic and do their due diligence in preventing it from erupting across here, Twitter, Reddit, and every guild chat. There's some things that require moderation, there's other things that require a more personal touch. It's that area I feel like ZOS could improve the most on. Personally, I hope as the relationship with Microsoft matures, the people and processes that contribute to these problems are removed.
    Edited by Destai on 1 May 2021 20:10
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't bore you guys with the details but they managed to break dye stations 🙄

Just wanted to change my shield style and had to relog twice to get out of the shop I did it in afterwards.
    Options
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    I took some time to register just to weigh in a bit.

A bit disappointed. This is technical debt from a poorly tested patch that should have been pushed to the front of priorities, perhaps even delaying the June 8 patch. This seems like one of those situations to where whoever made the decision to wait till June 8 for a fix has calculated that the irritation and inconvenience will not be enough for us to spend less or stop spending.

I'll try a different tact. Could you charge us more? If you need some resources and finances are some sort of limiting factor, scale our costs rather than our experience! I would gladly pay double eso+ money for less lag and less bugs, and a deliberate, fanatical need to kill bugs when they approach.

Sitting on such a core UI error for so long is just so inexcusable, but I'll keep playing. I'm invested for so many hundreds of hours, how could I quit over something you're hopefully fixing in 38ish days.

I hope microsoft gets involved, get some "Bobs" in there to start asking folks "what they do here". I guess I'm also testing how heavily moderation occurs here too. LOL.
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an extended version of the current inventory bug.
    I document it because there were reports at facebook describing that the search or "bumpers" workarounds did not work.

Now also the search no longer can be accessed in the craftbag. This extends to your normal movement, where you suddenly run against "invisible walls".

A "/reloadui" finally fixed it.

xbox NA.

https://youtu.be/4fSEq_N67qo
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 1 May 2021 21:19
    Options
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the recommended workaround. Exit the menu, go back, down arrow for a bit, exit, go back, see where you are, down arrow for a bit, exit, go back, see where you are.....rinse repeat. Spend about a minute getting one thing out of your craft bag. Hope you only needed one thing.
    Edited by carlos424 on 2 May 2021 12:58
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the recommended workaround. Exit the menu, go back, down arrow for a bit, exit, go back, see where you are, down arrow for a bit, exit, go back, see where you are.....rinse repeat. Spend about a minute getting one thing out of your craft bag. Hope you only needed one thing.

:|
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People have been wanting mini games for a while.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been wanting mini games for a while.

I laughed, nice one mate :smiley:
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭

Yes, nothing like an item bag grind. Hoping to unlock some achievements.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bet if the Crown Store was broken, they’d have an emergency patch passed through same day.

I wish my job would let break/fix issues go on for 40 plus days. 😊
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine your roof was leaking and the roofer you paid for said he'd fix it in 40+ days because it would be more convenient for him and he plans on doing nothing about the issue of the money you paid him that you want back :D
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now have an alt that I emptied his inventory. I load him up with the things I want to sell, so when I'm filling the trader I have nothing to sort through as he has only stuff for the trader.
    Not perfect but it works better than the current work around.
    Options
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now have an alt that I emptied his inventory. I load him up with the things I want to sell, so when I'm filling the trader I have nothing to sort through as he has only stuff for the trader.
    Not perfect but it works better than the current work around.

I mean, sure that would work, but why should you have to do that? The game is technically playable, but it’s already grindy, and time consuming enough, without this added “feature.”
    Options
  • azurskye
    azurskye
    I have calmly cancelled my ESO Plus. We are not second class citizens on consoles, and I will prove that with my wallet.
    Options
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    [...]

A broken or malfunctioning UI, which is an integral part of any game, needs to be fixed asap if you don't want to lose your player base.

This is a fundamental understanding of any business.

May I ask what you are going to offer the millions of ESO+ subscribers as compensation for not being able to properly use a product they are paying for?

From what I understand, you're telling us (I'm on Xbox One and have been experiencing the same issues) to wait it out until June 8, with workarounds? I'm quite frankly flabbergasted. If this is the "best" solution management came up with, I'd suggest outsourcing before any future embarrassment ensues.

Not only is this not treated as a major concern, you are actually expecting your customers to wait for months untill this is fixed because 1) you haphazardly choose content over functionality and 2) aren't transparent about how this still isn't fixed.

I can only say that in over the 3 years of being a loyal ESO+ subscriber, I have nothing but vicarious embarrassment.

3cfe69a086c4574c607dfaaa988e26fa.jpg
    Edited by Sylianwe on 20 June 2021 20:38
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ideally change between menus (L1 and then R1) rather than exit. That goes a lot quicker. You can also click to "sell" the new choice and backup to see things where they are.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    Its just outragious how they think players would even accept this... and very disrespectfull how they dont even bother to reply after all this negative feedback... I really hope this 8 hour maintenance on the 5th includes some hotfixes or things will turn ugly very fast. ZoS is charging us for a broken product, we already been patient for 6 weeks and being told to wait 5 more weeks cause its more conviniant for them is not something we will accept. When you are charging us for a product that is not working and not compensating us for that loss (dont think that a free non-combat pet or something like that even gets close to making people forget about this) we are well within our rights to take this matter to Sony and show them how customers are being neglected... im pretty sure this wont turn out well for ZoS. We are being patient and hopefull that on the 5th things will get better and that Zenimax realizes this is a very bad judgement call, if not you can expect mass reports to Sony.. with almost 1500 members in my guilds myself and several guildleaders of large guilds looking at this exactly the same way it will make a massive impact if we stop telling them to be patient.

Dont take this as a threat or bashing we understand things break down sometimes and plans can change, we are only standing up for the rights we have as paying customers i think you realize that.. If the shoe was on the other foot you would not keep waiting around either. Think about the broken roof comment that was made, if you pay someone to fix your roof and they been messing around for 6 weeks but its still leaking, for them to then tell you work will be put to a halt for 5 weeks just because that would be more conveniant for them you would not be able to accept it either... its just NOT done.

As a sidenote i want to point out that ZoS should realize (just like we do) that with the launch of Blackwood more bugs/glitches will appear on top of the problems we are having already. From a technical and bussiness orientated vieuw this is just not smart at all.. you want to end up with a game that lost 75% of its community? Or thats just not playable anymore? Cause its already getting very close to that for trading guilds... without massive trading guilds where people can buy their crowns for gold from crownsellers, who generate the largest part of your income on EU what will ZoS be left with?
    Edited by QenQuni on 3 May 2021 06:52
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
    Options
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malfoy wrote: »
    May I ask what you are going to offer the millions of ESO+ subscribers as compensation for not being able to properly use a product they are paying for?

You'll probably get an ugly, useless pet and the world is "ok" again. Wouldn't be the first time.

Options
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »

You'll probably get an ugly, useless pet and the world is "ok" again. Wouldn't be the first time.

If they give us another stupid recolored pet as compensation I'm gonna scream
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »

Personally, I think "nothing". They don't normally compensate for bugs like this. They don't compensate for how long it takes to get a patch out. If they started catering to either, they might as well just schedule monthly compensations. Oh. Maybe they already do.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone who is expecting anything to change or be addressed with Wednesday's maintenance is already setting themselves up. It's a maintenance, not a patch maintenance. And ZOS has told us no more incremental patches until June 8th. Nothing is changing for us on console for the next month. Period. We have what we have.

So, where is the idea coming from that literally anything will change on Wednesday?

'Cuz it's not. And then people will rage more because they illogically expected something to change.

(I'm not defending ZOS here because I'm as angry as everyone else. But I see WAY too many times people talking about "if x and y aren't fixed during maintenance" when it ain't a patch maintenance...)
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all this UI rubbish we are dealing with almost makes me forget about how awful the proc changes to Blackwood look and doesn't have me thinking about the inevitable breaks and bugs that the new chapter will bring...[snip]

[Edited to remove Conspiracy Theory]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 3 May 2021 12:26
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see an answer to that, too, but I'm afraid we should not expect anything, based on previous experiences. We did not even get an apology yet. What we got after more than a week's wait was "understanding" for our frustration and "thanks for our patience":

E0JU8jjXoAo4FND?format=jpg&name=large

Source: TESO official Twitter

So while we pay for a service we don't fully get, the bug is an ongoing reminder of how things are and how things are dealt with. Every time we try to sell an item, we have the opportunity to think about this situation. Every time we search for an item in our craftbag, we are reminded. Every time we try to sell an item in the guild, we are reminded. Every time we press on "sell" at any merchant, we are reminded. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again...
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who is expecting anything to change or be addressed with Wednesday's maintenance is already setting themselves up. It's a maintenance, not a patch maintenance. And ZOS has told us no more incremental patches until June 8th. Nothing is changing for us on console for the next month. Period. We have what we have.

So, where is the idea coming from that literally anything will change on Wednesday?

'Cuz it's not. And then people will rage more because they illogically expected something to change.

(I'm not defending ZOS here because I'm as angry as everyone else. But I see WAY too many times people talking about "if x and y aren't fixed during maintenance" when it ain't a patch maintenance...)

To shed some light on it for people who dont know much about how online servers work... not everything requires a patch, certain issues could be fixed (hotfixes) without a patch being needed, all it takes for hotfixes to take effect is restarting the server, a normal maintenance does not take 8 hours.. I wouldnt say to get your hopes up, but we are waiting to see whats get done before taking further steps. Yes we are all mad but we should also give them the time to try and fix something, if they fail to do so we as paying customers (people who have bought their ESO plus for multiple months, in 1 year or multiple year packages) are legally within our right to take our complaints to outside sources. If this was a one time event outside sources would not do much but this has been going on for 6 weeks already, i cant speak for the NA server as American law concerning gaming is not the same as it is for Europeans. But in Europe there is a certain Gaming Commission who does take complaints from consumers serious, im not sure how much they can do and its not ment as a threat but its starting to look that aside from complaining to Sony thats the only alternative if they keep charging us for a broken service.
    Edited by QenQuni on 3 May 2021 16:33
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
    Options
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m still waiting in vain for the map zoom to work again. Anyone else remember when you could zoom all the way in ? Looks like this only works in Cyrodill now. Think the map zoom went bye bye about the same time as they changed the animations for cold fire. But not sure.
    Edit. Just emailed Satya Nadella and linked these forums.
    Edited by Hawco10 on 3 May 2021 17:00
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Evryone should cancell ESO pluss [snip] I canceled mine 3 accounts and i will never again sub to this company, [snip] they sell something not work as it is suppose too.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 4 May 2021 13:21
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evryone should cancell ESO pluss [snip] I canceled mine 3 accounts and i will never again sub to this company, [snip] they sell something not work as it is suppose too.

My ESO plus is expiring in a few days, no plans to renew until the basic functionality is restored. We'll see how Blackwood plays, but I'm really not hopeful about it at this point.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 4 May 2021 13:21
    Options