The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

• Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that we will be re-enabling all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil with the launch of Update 30 next week on PC and on consoles June 8.

Any reason why all efforts to improve performance have stalled for 3 months so far?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »
    Just a reminder that we will be re-enabling all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil with the launch of Update 30 next week on PC and on consoles June 8.

Any reason why all efforts to improve performance have stalled for 3 months so far?

Well, she did say there was a slight decrease in performance when proc sets were disabled. So, theoretically, performance should slightly improve when they are re-enabled, right?

However, what they are actually doing is introducing even more calculations, with the new dynamic nature of the way proc damage is calculated. Instead of a flat value that is modified once by character penetration and CP, now your proc sets will be scaling multiple times during a single fight. Is that set based on weapon damage? Ok, let's fight! Boom, weapon damage glyph just procced, recalculate damage. Did that Increase Weapon Power potion wear off? Recalculate. DK in your group just cast Igneous Weapons? Recalculate. Drop that Flawless Dawnbreaker on 'em.... recalculate. Did you just bar swap to or from a set with a weapon damage bonus? Recalculate. Bar swap Fighters Guild skills (Slayer passive) off and on? Recalculate. Just get bashed by a tank wearing Vykosa? Recalculate. Your Kvatch Gladiator set just procced? Another adjustment. Did that NB just hit you with Power Extraction? Yep... recalculate.

If you are expecting any sort of performance improvement in Cyrodiil after Update 30 drops, I got some bad news....

Edited by Jaraal on 29 May 2021 19:32
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Would the calculations be fine if they moved some of them back client side like before and instead invested in a way to prevent client side calculations from being hacked or cheated?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »

I got the impression that testing the obvious variables that ZOS is willing to change really didn't amount to much, so I'd guess it's back to the drawing board for what to try next.
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could create one cyro server where more calculations are done client side when your character loads in to that server. They could run it in parallel with the other servers and monitor it for the effects on player popularity, frequency of issues with player cheating etc, and most importantly, impact on server performance. :D
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭

This is not working in cyrodiil:
    • Tanking focused proc-based events will either scale with your Max Health, and in some rare cases, will use the higher of your Physical or Spell Resistance.
    • You must have 43,968 Max Health or 30,680 Physical or Spell Resistance to reach the original value of many sets.

I'm wearing harbinger and ebon , the proc of harbinger will not go over 2394.

I can't find where this set was nerfed but this clearly screws over any hp tank.
    Now with the current changes HP tanking is still non-viable in cyrodiil.

Now if they are going off your physical and spell resistances this is not HP tanking.
    This mechanic needs to change back to just based off max health.

Edited by eternalshockcable on 2 June 2021 03:12
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't find where this set was nerfed

IIRC the damage of Thews was nerfed from 7% to 5.14%.

• eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I can't find where this set was nerfed

IIRC the damage of Thews was nerfed from 7% to 5.14%.

yuck.

can you link me where i can find this my dude?
    alas tanking is still not viable.
    We can't "really" play our way if 2 roles of dps or healer, are the only way to play in Cyrodiil
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, your dear friend LAG is back with proc sets in Cyrodiil.

Please fix it.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lag is exactly the same
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, for the love of Pete, at least take health recovery out of Battle Spirit. It's exacerbated the pain of the return of proc sets.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    Please, for the love of Pete, at least take health recovery out of Battle Spirit. It's exacerbated the pain of the return of proc sets.

Disagree with it. Health recovery should be treated like all other healing.

You want that health recovery? Build for it.

Can't stand DoTs being stacked on you? Get purge, get % reduction, get a purging proc set, get purge CP star, etc. - all options that exist and were made broken OP because health recovery went unchecked for three years after Summerset.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    But ....but ...but ...but....my Twice Born Star is only Once Born Star....
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Update 31 will be interesting
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigor wrote: »

No it won't
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Tigor wrote: »

No it won't

More is know about it now. But I understand they do not need to hire you, since you will do it for free.
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me that a lot of people will migrate to no-cp PvP just so they would not have to deal with proc set bs. I might be wrong, but new sets looks pretty ridiculous... Ignoring their own scaling standards ZOS established for proc sets.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Something tells me that a lot of people will migrate to no-cp PvP just so they would not have to deal with proc set bs. I might be wrong, but new sets looks pretty ridiculous... Ignoring their own scaling standards ZOS established for proc sets.

Give it some time. Changes are always feeling as unwanted. But afterwards it usually works out.
    Edited by Tigor on 14 July 2021 11:04
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll always play on the main faction locked campaign, regardless of rulesets. But it's good that ZOS is creating a minor league campaign for those who can't cope with the full game armory available.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im loving everything about the new patch so far.
    zenimax / microsoft made a Good Patch,
    im referring to PTS Patch v7.1.0
    Update 31
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably wrong, people will move to cp campaigns… hopefully blackreach. That would be best case scenario in all of this mess imo…
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    There are as much as people, but everyone knows better. We'll see how it will be after entering.

- Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, just cause I'm finding it hard to figure out, are mythics and monster sets not going to be in non-cp Ravenwatch? Trying to determine what to farm for my gankblade and leaning heavily towards Leviathan, Spriggans. Just not sure what to flesh it together with if those are not viable.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I was hoping for a consolidated list of non-proc sets in the live patch noves. However, they did it again. Where the new no proc mechanic is explained, you've got the first list of the sets from the tests, then another list of sets which are added. Then you can scroll way down to "Itemization and item sets" and find yet another list with sets like Rattlecage or Mighty Chudan which are supposed in no proc campaigns according to the patch notes. Why aren't those sets mentioned in the second list way up in the patch notes?

It states "Updated several item sets to be more performant on the server. The following item sets can now be used in campaigns that do not allow item set procs:"

Could you please provide one (1) final, definitive list of item sets which will work in the no proc campaigns and maybe even pin it in the forums, as it will be really low QoL to have to search for these patch notes in a year or so, when a new player wants to know which sets work in Ravenwatch?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with @vesselwiththepestle - we need a clearly defined list of sets which are working in the non-proc campaign, and this post needs to be pinned at the top somewhere. I'm having a hard time figuring out which sets I need to switch now after the patch as I'm playing in Ravenwatch non-proc no-CP.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mellirus wrote: »
    I agree with @vesselwiththepestle - we need a clearly defined list of sets which are working in the non-proc campaign, and this post needs to be pinned at the top somewhere. I'm having a hard time figuring out which sets I need to switch now after the patch as I'm playing in Ravenwatch non-proc no-CP.

This.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

This.

It's in the Patch Notes no?

Or that list not complete?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Jameson18 wrote: »

This.

It's in the Patch Notes no?

Or that list not complete?

There's a whole lot of sets that work that are not listed. There's a couple of other threads on it with people reporting what works and doesn't.
  • Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be 100% honest, with all the requests people have made in numerous threads, it's still falling on deaf ears. There is no way that they have overlooked every single post about this. I'd be surprised if they even know what worked and didn't. Why the heck can't we just have a damn sticky? Why the hesitancy to add the working monster sets and mythics to the list? You have some arena weapons on there. How hard would it be???

I'm in Ravenwatch and would love to know which mythics I could wear (if any).