Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    This would kill the game, I believe many people would not be interested in doing content anymore.
    I'd rather suffer with lag.. I only ever suffer lag in PVP, not PVE.

My suggestions
    Lower the population per alliance for Cyrodiil, add maybe 2 more 30 day campaigns to account for the minimizing population for Cyrodiil.

What would lowering the population cap do when there was more people in Cyrodiil before but the performance was better? Not only that it was 3-4 campaigns filled with player’s and a higher population cap.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things I would love to know. But likely never will.

1. How much client-side compute had to be moved to server in order to support Stadia deal?

2. How much financial incentive did Google provide aside from the increased Crown sales.

3. Was it worth it, ZoS?
  • Demonhunter
    Demonhunter
    ✭✭
    Even having 12 man groups in cyro doesn't make sense simply because the groups will join together and run side by side making it 24 or 48?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think it's the number of people in a group. It's the number of people that can cross heal, purge, and buff.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Badgers cause lag! Could a developer confirm this please?

They are, and they won't.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time, one person could stack multiple AOE ground heals and the game still ran smoother.
    Edited by Pinja on 21 August 2020 16:27
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Statement:
    Remove the ball group play style asap, to have a qualitivally better pvp game, and the implementation should be flawlessly.
    Edited by Tigor on 21 August 2020 21:44
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Cyrodiil - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR43+)
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would kill the game, I believe many people would not be interested in doing content anymore.

My suggestions
    Lower the population per alliance for Cyrodiil, add maybe 2 more 30 day campaigns to account for the minimizing population for Cyrodiil.

What would lowering the population cap do when there was more people in Cyrodiil before but the performance was better? Not only that it was 3-4 campaigns filled with player’s and a higher population cap.

They assume it's all the player spamming abilities at once.. if they lower the population cap (not even sure what it is currently..) It might make performance for PvP better since less people at cap during prime times.. It'd also make other campaigns more active.

People I asked in game though would rather suffer with the lag than have these changes..I'd rather have lag too.
  • Demonhunter
    Demonhunter
    ✭✭

My suggestions

They assume it's all the player spamming abilities at once.. if they lower the population cap (not even sure what it is currently..) It might make performance for PvP better since less people at cap during prime times.. It'd also make other campaigns more active.

People I asked in game though would rather suffer with the lag than have these changes..I'd rather have lag too.

LMFAO, you asked people they would rather have lag are the minority, most people are fed up with lag and they want serious overhaul of game optimization whether it's AOE or better servers. Seriously, i was there too in Cyrodill when maybe 3-4 people said they would rather play through lag. There's 100 000's of players online and did you ask every single one of them? People saying they would rather play through lag have no clue what's going on and their just raging without having good arguments to defend their point of view. Personally it's kind of immature.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Originally, we had planned to begin these tests next Monday to coincide with Update 27’s PC launch. We will now instead be starting the tests in Cyrodiil on Tuesday, September 8. We’ll post a full outline of all the planned tests and their start/end dates in the next couple weeks. In general, you can expect each test to last approximately one week.

It’s also worth noting that during our initial testing on the PTS (which again, was just to ensure everything was functioning properly) we decided to add a couple additional tests involving groups. We’ll include the details of these tests in the aforementioned forum post that will be published around the beginning of September.

Can we get something as simple as a daily cyro server restarts till then?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Originally, we had planned to begin these tests next Monday to coincide with Update 27’s PC launch. We will now instead be starting the tests in Cyrodiil on Tuesday, September 8. We’ll post a full outline of all the planned tests and their start/end dates in the next couple weeks. In general, you can expect each test to last approximately one week.

It’s also worth noting that during our initial testing on the PTS (which again, was just to ensure everything was functioning properly) we decided to add a couple additional tests involving groups. We’ll include the details of these tests in the aforementioned forum post that will be published around the beginning of September.

@ZOS_GinaBruno no chance at all of daily restarts for the pvp server? Surely that's the most cost effective solution.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

ZOS_GinaBruno no chance at all of daily restarts for the pvp server? Surely that's the most cost effective solution.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that this would do anything more than kicking everyone out of Cyrodiil for a while?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An I the only one who's seen a radiating regeneration timer pop up a couple times in Cyrodiil tonight? Also seemed to be at a time when things were working. Could have just been an add on glitch I suppose
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    I believe this idea is a a big mistake.

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

ZOS_GinaBruno no chance at all of daily restarts for the pvp server? Surely that's the most cost effective solution.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that this would do anything more than kicking everyone out of Cyrodiil for a while?

I'm just a poor Aussie so my ping is always fantastic. But for the day after reset it's usually stable around 240 to 270. For the rest of the time till reset again it's 300 to 330 till the zergs come on.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Well I guess the way they explain it, it makes sense. I just hope these changes are applied only to pvp though because pve doesn't have such issues.

This is false. Get into a very good trial guild and you see same issues.

Not nearly on the same level as cyrodil though. Sure, you sometimes you have some desync or barswap issues, a bit of lag, etc. But I have never run into the same “slideshow” issues in a trial that I’ve seen in cyrodil. Not even close. It’s probably just a product of fewer people in a given area. If you had 30-person trials, it would probably get rough.

The last time I ran a vet trial - which would be a good 3 years ago, I believe - I would constantly get disconnected. When I wasn't getting disconnected, I was getting a slideshow of lightning effects, both from the enemies and my group. No doubt that's improved since then; I'm no longer in a guild that does any kind of trial and I'm most definitely NOT going to PUG it.

Cyrodiil has improved for me, I have to say. I have been in past MYM where I got killed well before I even saw the player show up on screen. I have been disconnected riding to Nikel, before I saw any other player even in my own faction. I would get constantly disconnected any time more than say 20 people showed up at a keep. It put me off PVP for more than a year, because where's the fun in continually having to relog? Add that to the additional lag I get from being half a world away from the server, and... you get the idea.
    Now, I get disconnected only occasionally. MYM was great, this year. The only killer for me is the Constant. *******. Load. Screens. Like I'm talking getting hit with 8 - no exaggeration - while trying to ride - not transit - to a home keep that was under attack. In the middle of nowhere, all alone (the rest of my group was already there, fighting), every time I moved, BAM, another one. After the battle was done, without me even getting there, I got a few more.
    From my POV, whatever they can do to lessen the lag and the damn load screens, I will be happy.

Or... I think I will be happy.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robs wrote: »
    Sorry about my bad english

Also there are tons of players in Alik'r and there is nearly no lag and those people are spamming aoe's like there is no tomorrow.

I have avoided Alik'r dolmens for 2-3 years because I used to get disconnected going anywhere near them, let alone trying to complete them with the multitude of sheep.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Once upon a time, one person could stack multiple AOE ground heals and the game still ran smoother.

The game has evolved a 100 times over since, they probably don't know how to fix it on the technical side, or better yet, don't want to waste manpower for it.
    Hence they leave it to the balance team to "fix" the lag.
    Never mind that the game has a myraid of different issues outside of cyrodiil too, desyncs, bugs etc.
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    This testing will break the game experience for me, in fact the worsening erratic load screen interruptions has already caused me to play a lot less campaigns lately and playing completely different game franchises for now.
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    My penny's worth on the problems is that developers review the code and see if more processing tasks can be offloaded to the player clients.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    abakzn wrote: »
    My penny's worth on the problems is that developers review the code and see if more processing tasks can be offloaded to the player clients.

They have been doing to exact opposite actually and it's been causing issues.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anything that kills the ball groups gets my vote
  • WARchief10K
    WARchief10K
    ✭✭✭
    robs wrote: »
    Sorry about my bad english

Also there are tons of players in Alik'r and there is nearly no lag and those people are spamming aoe's like there is no tomorrow.

I have avoided Alik'r dolmens for 2-3 years because I used to get disconnected going anywhere near them, let alone trying to complete them with the multitude of sheep.

I've literally never had lag at a Alik'r dolmen, when things ever became "slow" it just made other players the solid black character outline.

This is why I think these test aren't testing the real issue at all.

We should be testing the removal of proc sets and/or the animations and the fact that shields and heals all target entire factions instead of groups or yourself....
    Cyrodiil crafting recipe: Cyrodiil 2014 + some siege + a hammer = Cyrodiil 2020
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

DoN'T wOrRy GuYs HeAlInG sPrInGs ChAnGe WiLl FiX eVeRyThInG.
    Edited by karekiz on 27 August 2020 04:34
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think that templars will 1st time in history ... needs to learn how to do combos instead of JABJABJAB>light>JABJABJAB>SWEEP>jab...
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is the plan to have the IC Event and AoE tests running concurrently?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, what happened to the hundred-million-plus dollar settlement received from Facebook? Why can't that money go into upgrading the servers?

As for reducing group size, the problem with making groups smaller is the lack of competent PVP leaders. It's noticeable.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »
    ZOS, what happened to the hundred-million-plus dollar settlement received from Facebook? Why can't that money go into upgrading the servers?

Why would you think that a VR lawsuit settlement would go to a game that does not have VR. If anything, that money should be invested in the titles that support VR.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "..... Once we launch Update 27 for PC on August 24, we will announce when one of the tests are beginning through an in-game announcement and will have a forum thread detailing which test is currently being performed. ....."

I haven't seen any in game announcements or communication about the tests, and things are clearly being changed.

What is going on?
    Edited by TineaCruris on 29 August 2020 16:02
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "..... Once we launch Update 27 for PC on August 24, we will announce when one of the tests are beginning through an in-game announcement and will have a forum thread detailing which test is currently being performed. ....."

I haven't seen any in game announcements or communication about the tests, and things are clearly being changed.

What is going on?

I expect that In-game announcements will happen on the day that the tests are happening so that you know that they are happening on that day.
This discussion has been closed.