Trader swap issue - EU server

• Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    But those who say to ban GMs for a mistake out of their control shows a lack of intelligence from those persons.

No one is saying ban GMs who got extra gold. Ban the GMs who knowingly started spending or laundering the gold.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look. We got most of our answers. They're taking action. So enough with the attacks on each other. Let the devs, finally, focus on the real problem, which is making sure it doesn't happen again.
    Options
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look. We got most of our answers. They're taking action. So enough with the attacks on each other. Let the devs, finally, focus on the real problem, which is making sure it doesn't happen again.

Well exploiters need to be punished too. You trying to take the focus away from that makes it sound like you have something to hide.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Well exploiters need to be punished too. You trying to take the focus away from that makes it sound like you have something to hide.

Stop accusing those who disagree with your "100% justice" point of view of having something to hide. This is getting exceedingly annoying.

If I acted like you, I'd imply that you want all GMs of all trading guilds banned because you're so desperate to build up your own guild and haven't succeeded so far.

I think what matters is 1/ the extra gold being removed from the game 2/ Upcoming trader flips running smoothly. 3/ add-ons being allowed to work properly.
    Everything else is unnecessary.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on 21 August 2019 12:02
    Options
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop accusing those who disagree with your "100% justice" point of view of having something to hide. This is getting exceedingly annoying.

If I acted like you, I'd imply that you want all GMs of all trading guilds banned because you're so desperate to build up your own guild and haven't succeeded so far.

I think what matters is 1/ the extra gold being removed from the game 2/ Upcoming trader flips running smoothly. 3/ add-ons being allowed to work properly.

I only accused one person of "sounding like they have something to hide".

So did the GM of the two of you exploit or what is this about?
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People want the things fixed AND exploiters like you punished.

Exploiting is actively use a known bug for an unfair advantage. When you legitm ake use of a system the way it's intended, and then that system bugs and gives you undeserved amounts of gold, it's annoying for the cmmunity overall, but it is in no way an exploit. There was just no way ANYONE (save for ZOS had they done proper testing) to know that sort of thing would have happened.

It's a bug, not an exloit.
    Edited by Uryel on 21 August 2019 12:07
    Options
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »

Exploiting is actively use a known bug for an unfair advantage. When you legitm ake use of a system the way it's intended, and then that system bugs and gives you undeserved amounts of gold, it's annoying for the cmmunity overall, but it is in no way an exploit. There was just no way ANYONE (save for ZOS had they done proper testing) to know that sort of thing would have happened.

It is exploiting a bug. Just like there has been other bugs to exploit in the past that have lead to punishing people exploiting them. It is against the TOS.
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Posted by Kai in a German thread...

Hello,

nobody blames the addons. It was up to the server utilization at the time of the guild dealer change.
    Disabling certain add-on functions that cause many server queries is the fastest way with the fewest side effects to reduce server load. Of course it is not a permanent solution.

Another way is to put the dealer change on another time, e.g. for the morning. This is also being discussed.

If you have too much gold in the guild bank due to the bug, you do not have to do anything. Of course, it would be an advantage if you did not touch the gold to simplify tracking and possibly deleting.

Original thread herehttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/6289795#Comment_6289795

Possibly deleting?

So ZOS are already thinking of letting people keep the gold?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urigall wrote: »
    A global AH is NOT the solution to our problems so please don't conjure up that spectre (yet again) We've had enough of ghosts in the form of phantom guilds.

Well, it would certainly relieve the servers from that unbearable load thay can't handle when sorting traders each week... Or so we're told.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    IDK how the guild trader thing worked or which guild got the trader in the end. So i have no idea how much control people had over that.

IDK, shouldn't you, like, know what you're talking about before talking? (Can we request a perma-ban for this?)

I understand perfectly well that people got more money back than they initially bid.

If they used that money it´s exploiting a bug. Those people i think should get banned. Playing dumb doesn´t work there.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Urigall
    Urigall
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it would certainly relieve the servers from that unbearable load thay can't handle when sorting traders each week... Or so we're told.

Apparently, the same issues weren't experienced when the PC-NA system went live. Assuming that's correct - I'm only going on comments I've read - the problems of server load might not arise on PC-EU next Sunday.

Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only accused one person of "sounding like they have something to hide".

So did the GM of the two of you exploit or what is this about?

You guys are just being petty and ridiculous now.

No one is taking the focus away. The issue is already dealt with. ZOS is tracking and deleting the gold. That personally attacking statement was pathetic at best, since you don't know me or my guilds. The only one hiding here is you, cowering behind your keyboard, blindly attacking players with no proof or even common sense in your head. We just want to see the bigger problem dealt with, which is fixing the trader swap issues. It's as simple as that. So, please refrain from the BS accusations, remove the tin foil hat, and leave us be.

Have a nice day and enjoy playing the game.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 21 August 2019 12:37
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urigall wrote: »

Apparently, the same issues weren't experienced when the PC-NA system went live. Assuming that's correct - I'm only going on comments I've read - the problems of server load might not arise on PC-EU next Sunday.

You know what. You may be right. However, ZOS could just take the extra step, and get us a better server, and fix the game to ensure it doesn't happen again. I'm sure. We'd all be happy with that. I'm still dreaming of this day, when we can play without excessive lag.

Best wishes
    Edited by Arrodisia on 21 August 2019 12:38
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly deleting?

How about learning some german before taking a (bad) translation for granted ?
    Kai wrote "ggfs." which stands for "gegebenenfalls" which means "if required", "if necessary", "if appropriate".

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on 21 August 2019 13:05
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

nobody blames the addons. It was up to the server utilization at the time of the guild dealer change.
    Disabling certain add-on functions that cause many server queries is the fastest way with the fewest side effects to reduce server load. Of course it is not a permanent solution.

Another way is to put the dealer change on another time, e.g. for the morning. This is also being discussed.

If you have too much gold in the guild bank due to the bug, you do not have to do anything. Of course, it would be an advantage if you did not touch the gold to simplify tracking and possibly deleting.

Original thread herehttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/6289795#Comment_6289795

Possibly deleting?

All The Best

Not possibly. They are going to track and delete it. Not every guild got refunds. So, for those who didn't get extra gold, they can't delete anything.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 21 August 2019 13:12
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To clarify:

Getting the excessive refund is a bug, which GMs were well aware of. They know how much they should have gotten, and they knew when the refund was excessive.

Spending the excessive refund is taking advantage of a bug - which is against the TOS and Code of Conduct.
    Edited by VaranisArano on 21 August 2019 13:15
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The goal here should be to provide constructive feedback, like possible solutions to make sure this doesn't happen again. Prices are stable. So, the rest is just BS.

I'm genuinely concerned this will happen again next Sunday. I see not even a hint that they are implementing protections of any kind.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hello,

THANK YOU @ZOS_KaiSchober I appreciate him clearing it up that addons are not at fault. He is more responsive and i wish he could crosspost to us too. * And he hints on the gold solution they are implementing.

edit: * I think Gina is probably too busy and overworked to respond as promptly or as often as Kai. I don't blame her personally.
    Edited by StabbityDoom on 21 August 2019 14:05
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    IDK how the guild trader thing worked or which guild got the trader in the end. So i have no idea how much control people had over that.

IDK, shouldn't you, like, know what you're talking about before talking? (Can we request a perma-ban for this?)

I understand perfectly well that people got more money back than they initially bid.

If they used that money it´s exploiting a bug. Those people i think should get banned. Playing dumb doesn´t work there.

Then why do you not clamour for the ban of guildmasters who exploited the bug and hired apparently "free" traders?

(Not that I think you should. This whole witchhunt is stupid. But if you request drastic measures, apply them equally.)
    Edited by Varana on 21 August 2019 13:54
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Possibly deleting?

How about learning some german before taking a (bad) translation for granted ?
    Kai wrote "ggfs." which stands for "gegebenenfalls" which means "if required", "if necessary", "if appropriate".

"If" is still not a certainty.

If they feel it needs deleting they'll delete it. Fair enough.

That is NOT saying "they feel it needs deleting".

That means there is still a possibility they will not delete the gold.

I didn't need to learn German, I learned English - do you want me to point you in the direction of a "Peter and Jane" level primer?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want to know is when will it be safe to bid. I have four guilds and 40 bids takes a lot of time.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't need to learn German, I learned English - do you want me to point you in the direction of a "Peter and Jane" level primer?

No, not "Peter and Jane". "Rolf und Gisela".
    Everyone my generation learning german did it with "Rolf und Gisela".

And what I'd (uselessly) advise you to do is to use the flexibility of your native brain to try and actually understand things before expressing definitive opinions about them, which are so out of place that it makes you look ridiculous.

Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    All I want to know is when will it be safe to bid. I have four guilds and 40 bids takes a lot of time.

I don't think it will ever be totally safe this week tbh.

What I'd suggest though is take screenshots of everything just incase they screw it up further...

Gold in your bank
    All the bids you place
    Large deposits
    Etc

I can just imagine the next problem... They delete the added gold & end up taking out too much! :D

GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question. If only ZOS would communicate when they've fixed the issue and that they're confident our swap will function properly.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I'd suggest though is take screenshots of everything just incase they screw it up further...

Gold in your bank
    All the bids you place
    Large deposits
    Etc

I can just imagine the next problem... They delete the added gold & end up taking out too much! :D

This is a fear as well. The server has many guilds who can't afford to give back more than what was extra, if they even got refunded in the first place. I do hope. They don't remove too much gold, and they find some way to compensate guilds for no refunds, no vendors, and lost sales for something that wasn't our fault.

Best wishes
    Edited by Arrodisia on 21 August 2019 14:25
    Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭

Gold in your bank
    All the bids you place
    Large deposits
    Etc

Issue here is we have zero history access ATM. So we can screencap deposits and I'm not sure if it will actually track our bids either outside of the actual Npc window

In other news I'm glad to see this thread descended into quarreling over bans again *facepalm* again I stress, we know it's nono, we know there should be bans, this isn't constructive.
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • Nicky33
    Nicky33
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile its Wednesday already. And the trade guilds, which were lucky enough to hire traders, make sick profits with zero competition. While the ones without hired traders do not have any income from sales and with no refund of the winning bid.
    Nice.
    Options
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    there wont be a compensation for loss sales or all lost opportunity issues.belows are not compensation, just fix

- the gold for legal win will be added
    - duplicate refunds will be removed
    - if you take a guild with 10k then it is legal, best week for you

I just hope they dont do this by hand like all zos employees do overtimes one by one adding ...

I dont know how to check if they so it right or not.

I will be pissed if they get the money from the ones they can, and others will run free. again this is second priority topic now.

they should remove gold until sunday, else I will troll a city by creating ghost guilds named multibidding avoids ghosties by bidding lots of money. ok I wont do that. ı lied.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blaming the people who got extra gold is like blaming them for the game allowing them to jump.

This will be another case where Zos doesn't do anything and will pretend they fixed the problems.

What happened to the deleting of all necro characters without the dlc i wonder hmmm
    Options
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came back to eso after a summer break - and all this is happening - i will continue my break
    I got Zosed
    Kudos to all that managed to become rich
    Options