Official Discussion Thread for "Test Your Mettle in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Will the infinite loading screens be looked at before this event?! or anywhere in 2017?

or are you also just going to ignore posts about this issue?

funny.. while typing this, cyrodiil crashed again for everybody :P

Hey Doc, infinite loading screens are one of those things, like lag, that is a very broad issue and something we've heard about off and on to varying degrees since launch. (Some people get them, some don't, for some it's only certain zones, only certain times of day, etc.) We'd like to understand if this something that has recently gotten worse. If so, are you able to estimate when it started getting worse and on what platform/region? And is it everywhere or just in Cyrodiil?

Wow what a pleasant surprise! Finally some kind of response... thanks!

Anyway there's 2 major issues:

- the Cyrodiil zone crashing / rolling back : I'm sure we don't need to tell ZOS when that happens, I'm pretty sure there's an abundance of logs for that @ ZOS. ie. yesterday evening PC/EU Vivec had a crash/rollback.. and since march they have happened pretty frequently, sometimes multiple times an evening. When this happens, everybody is kicked and stuff is rolled back to a few minutes in the past. With scrolls resetting and keep battles ending.
    - infinite loading screens: happen very often, most of the time it's when you zone to a different grid in Cyrodiil. ie. port from the start area to a distant keep where there is much action. Very frustrating, especially if you spend 40 minutes in a queue to get into Cyrodiil for then to get the damn infinite loading screen when you do your first port.

Been crying about it on the forum here since march:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343600/someone-or-whoever-can-poke-the-one-to-fix-the-infinite-loading-screens-in-cyrodiil

This is the first time ZOS even responds.. so thank you for that. We know issues happen, but keeping silent about it is pretty bad imho. And let's not pretend nobody from ZOS has seen these threads yet:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355705/pc-eu-fix-those-server-crashes-pls#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355682/fix-server-crashes-on-eu#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356607/fix-eu-server-right-now#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356411/cyrodiil-issue#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356212/stop-s-eu-s-na-server-crashes#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355689/pc-fix-eu-server-crashes#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355681/those-server-crashes-must-stop-eu-pc#latest

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    So to resume, loading screens for me happens only in group in cyrodill, never solo. An actually its quite pushing me away from playing there.

I'm never grouped in Cyrodiil, so it definately also happens to people that are not grouped.
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    So to resume, loading screens for me happens only in group in cyrodill, never solo. An actually its quite pushing me away from playing there.

I'm never grouped in Cyrodiil, so it definately also happens to people that are not grouped.

Interesting.
    When i solo on cyrodill, i never use the travelling keep, i run or mount, i can do the whole map two or three times but never use a keep.

Are you using the keep for travelling ? (just trying to find out what could be the trigger)

:)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Is the achievement for killing players final blow only (like kill achievements), or just tagging them (as per the dailies in Cyrodiil) ?
    You must land the killing blow for it to count toward the achievement, similarly to Imperial City and Battleground achievements.
    This whole premise is rather counter to ESO's general opposition to the prospect of "kill stealing". One of the reasons people enjoy playing together in ESO is because kill stealing isn't a thing they need to worry about.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • drunkenspidey
    drunkenspidey
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom since the x2 ap scroll is in inventory and not a memento, does each character need to complete the quest to get the scroll? Is the scroll bankable? Also, is the server going to down for maintenance before the event starts?
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is an event that's Completely Useless to players like me. I hope all the folks who enjoy killing other players and stealing their stuff (which is all PVP means to me) have a Grand Old Time. You won't see me there.

What the hell is a "Tel Var stone," anyway? Ahhh, don't answer that, I really could care less. I give this event a rating of "PFFFFFFFT!"

By all means, don't let anyone else enjoy their thing because it's not for you.

People like this sound like old crotchety wimps who hate pvp because they tried it once and got humiliated. Shame on you for [snip] on our parade.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on 13 December 2017 14:25
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Since the x2 ap scroll is in inventory and not a memento, does each character need to complete the quest to get the scroll? Is the scroll bankable? Also, is the server going to down for maintenance before the event starts?

You are able to place the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity, the item you use to get the AP boost, in the bank once you obtain it so you will be able to use it on any of your characters. Further, any characters who've completed the event's introductory quest "Midyear Mayhem" can speak with Predicant Maera to purchase additional copies of the Scroll for a mere 100 gold or 100 AP.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on 19 July 2017 18:03
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the x2 ap scroll is in inventory and not a memento, does each character need to complete the quest to get the scroll? Is the scroll bankable? Also, is the server going to down for maintenance before the event starts?

You are able to place the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity, the item you use to get the AP boost, in the bank once you obtain it so you will be able to use it on any of your characters. Further, any characters who've completed the event's introductory quest "Midyear Mayhem" can speak with Predicant Maera to purchase additional copies of the Scroll for a mere 100 gold or 100 AP.

You should have plenty of time to complete the quest on Xbox while you wait in a que of 900+

You also have time to get a drink during the infinite load screens everyone mentioned in this thread they failed to acknowledge.....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
    Options
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also, your que is too long, just have a friend from another alliance que you in since they can't seem to fix that either.....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
    Options
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just seems to me that events should be for EVERYBODY and not just pander to one group of players.

Like the PVE clown festival? How is that everybody? Or by everybody do you mean "YOU"?

Listen Jack, your scorn of PvP and those who enjoy it, says more about you than it does anyone else. Go eat a snickers.
    Edited by apostate9 on 19 July 2017 18:17
    Options
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone definitively tell me if the "'Motif pages' for your Alliance and Akaviri" refers to CHAPTERS or FRAGMENTS? (I can see ESO going from chapters to pages to force grinding but I have hope they haven't gone that far yet. :flushed:)
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Can anyone definitively tell me if the "'Motif pages' for your Alliance and Akaviri" refers to CHAPTERS or FRAGMENTS? (I can see ESO going from chapters to pages to force grinding but I have hope they haven't gone that far yet. :flushed:)

It's a page, meaning chapter.

Fragments aren't pages ;) (plus if they went the fragments route they would have done so for the anniversary thing)

@MinuitPro
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These would be the same thing you get from the Siege Vendors currently, at least in terms of the Akavari, and in throughout delves and the sewers you get motif's for you alliance by the body piece/weapon type. Not sure of the terminology of chapters vs pages, but they're just sending rewards of things you can currently get.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
    Options
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Fragments aren't pages ;) (plus if they went the fragments route they would have done so for the anniversary thing)

@MinuitPro

How dare you change your avatar!!! I did a triple take when reading your post because that wasn't the MissBizz avatar I am accustomed to!
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@MinuitPro

How dare you change your avatar!!! I did a triple take when reading your post because that wasn't the MissBizz avatar I am accustomed to!

Welcome to the new MissBizz! No, you can't hold my mead. ;)
    (This is my main character actually, so if you see her in game... it's me!)

[EDIT] Oh, I don't Xbox :(
    Edited by MissBizz on 19 July 2017 19:46
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭

These would be the same thing you get from the Siege Vendors currently, at least in terms of the Akavari, and in throughout delves and the sewers you get motif's for you alliance by the body piece/weapon type. Not sure of the terminology of chapters vs pages, but they're just sending rewards of things you can currently get.

I interpreted it that way as a default too (as Bizz stated) - just thought it was interesting to use the term pages instead of chapters. Should be an interesting farm time - too bad I had my camping trip scheduled for next week since eight months ago.
    Options
  • Phlathead
    Phlathead
    ✭✭
    Will the infinite loading screens be looked at before this event?! or anywhere in 2017?

or are you also just going to ignore posts about this issue?

funny.. while typing this, cyrodiil crashed again for everybody :P

Hey Doc, infinite loading screens are one of those things, like lag, that is a very broad issue and something we've heard about off and on to varying degrees since launch. (Some people get them, some don't, for some it's only certain zones, only certain times of day, etc.) We'd like to understand if this something that has recently gotten worse. If so, are you able to estimate when it started getting worse and on what platform/region? And is it everywhere or just in Cyrodiil?

Cyrodiil is the only zone I have infinite loading screens and the only zone I see chat about it.

If Brian Wheeler actually pvped he could probably tell you more about it.
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time does the event start? I can't see to find the info.

Nvm.....found it. Lol
    Edited by LadyDestiny on 19 July 2017 21:41
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    PvE and RP players complaining about the event being PvP in 3..2..1....

Oh, I won't complain(much). What I will do is do pvp anyways and make PVPers complain about RP scrubs sullying their battlegrounds.

They already do this........
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the event will be in high demand.. will you consider to increase the player cap per map?

I want to do this event but don't want to queue for hours...
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Would the team be against putting all helms and shoulders in the vendor in the AP (impen only variety) along with all these rings?
    Would be a huge benefit to everyone I think :) They have been out for quiet some time now and it won't interfere with next patch dungeons.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a link to the actual achievement requirements for the golden laurel, for those of us at work?
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would fix the Vivec emp bonuses on xbox. When we have emp we have no bonuses and dc does. I was in an emp group and we have all submitted tickets etc and nothing has changed.
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the heck didn't they put the appearance crowns in for the duration of the event? Only available from july 27th thru the 30th? That was a dumb move......
    Edited by LadyDestiny on 20 July 2017 16:57
    Options
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Nice idea, but with queue ~480 at 7pm and all other campaigns locked as well it's absolutly a flop - can't play PvP this evening so and propably not the next days until event ends. So everybody who can not login already early afternoon has bad luck.

Why not having more campaigns during this event - it was obviously that this would happen?

EDIT: thank you for fast reaction and opening an additional campaign
    Edited by Majia on 20 July 2017 19:53
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarxes actually felt empty there for a few hours. I didn't have to wait in a queue all night. :smiley: It was kind of odd, seeing how crazy the queues were last time.

Pity grouping seems to be badly broken though. :(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been to Cyrodiil for a while, and swiftly remembered why, as soon as I dropped into Cyrodiil the first thing I saw in chat just as I was about to type LFG, was 'No PvErs'. I see in the comments here someone saying that PvErs shouldn't be allowed to just come in and get that extra AP. Excuse me? When there is an extra XP event do you see people in zone chat saying, 'No PvPers allowed?' It's a game people, one we have all paid for and continue to pay for, no one group is better than the other. I recall during the last festival some people complaining that the PvPers never got similar events, now we have one and all I'm seeing is a bunch of whining about PvErs coming in and ruining things and the lag etc. Some of the comments here directed at @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are also incredibly rude, it's not her fault you have long loading screens, she can only pass your comments on, not wave a magic wand and make it all better.

So chill, enjoy the lovely AP and shiny boxes, ignore the scrubs, they will die straight away anyway and soon you'll have Cyro back to yourselves. And just remember that when you are putting all that lovely loot in the guild stores for hundreds of thousands, it is the PvErs that are buying it, because we rely on your expertise. Peace out.
    Edited by Ragged_Claw on 21 July 2017 02:23
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    Solo queue position for Vivec is 777 (down from 778, five minutes ago when I logged in). Sotha Sil is 158 (no movement).

ZOS: this is a major fail. How long do people have to wait to try to participate in this event?

Sure, if I were a child, living off of mommy and daddy, I might be able to spend all day waiting. Seriously?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

P.S. Great! just got bumped from the server while typing this...back to waiting. So, please, do tell...who is the ZOS genius who decided to put "Predicant Maera" in Cyrodiil to fulfill the request?

So, if I understand this correctly, there is a capacity limit in Cyrodiil because the severs cannot handle the capacity of other Tamriel nodes. Therefore, you granted us an option that possesses the potential to inherently not be experienced or fulfilled. This appears to be bordering on false advertisement. (just got booted again) My fiancé just got booted as well (she's sitting across the room from me. So, it would appear that the "unable to log onto the NA servers isn't quite fixed after all?)
    Options
  • KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    And booted again
    Options
  • KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    Booted again
    Options