Official Discussion Thread for "Test Your Mettle in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, it the boxes are set on AP gains why would anyone in their right mind play BGs besides clearing the achievements? BGs AP gain<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Cyrodil AP gains. Please chime in if I am misunderstanding the way the midyear mayhem boxes are obtained...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the AP buff stack with killing Delve Boss AP buff Mrs @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are going to LOVE this event... 2 infinite loading screens and 1 Cyrodiil server crash just this evening alone.. it's going to be GLORIOUS!!
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Will the AP buff stack with killing Delve Boss AP buff?
    Yes, it should!

Are we still will going to get a pair of random monster set items in her stock?
    Adhazabi Aba-daro won't have Monster Set items in her stock during the event. After the event concludes, she will carry the wares she usually does for both AP and gold.

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on 18 July 2017 20:21
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the AP buff stack with killing Delve Boss AP buff?
    Yes, it should!

Are we still will going to get a pair of random monster set items in her stock?
    Adhazabi Aba-daro won't have Monster Set items in her stock during the event. After the event concludes, she will carry the wares she usually does for both AP and gold.

:heart:
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Will the infinite loading screens be looked at before this event?! or anywhere in 2017?

or are you also just going to ignore posts about this issue?

funny.. while typing this, cyrodiil crashed again for everybody :P

Hey Doc, infinite loading screens are one of those things, like lag, that is a very broad issue and something we've heard about off and on to varying degrees since launch. (Some people get them, some don't, for some it's only certain zones, only certain times of day, etc.) We'd like to understand if this something that has recently gotten worse. If so, are you able to estimate when it started getting worse and on what platform/region? And is it everywhere or just in Cyrodiil?

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on 18 July 2017 20:27
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the infinite loading screens be looked at before this event?! or anywhere in 2017?

Hey Doc, infinite loading screens are one of those things, like lag, that is a very broad issue and something we've heard about off and on to varying degrees since launch. (Some people get them, some don't, for some it's only certain zones, only certain times of day, etc.) We'd like to understand if this something that has recently gotten worse. If so, are you able to estimate when it started getting worse and on what platform/region? And is it everywhere or just in Cyrodiil?

One cause of the issue is invisible people or people that are "in the ground." If there is someone in your group that is invisible or "in the ground", your group experiences more load screens. If they run away far enough away from the group and then run back they become visible.

My guild does what we call "visibility checks" every time someone new joins the group. We all gather up and everyone checks to see if they can see the person. If someone can't see them, we ask them to run away from the group and run back. When they run back they are visible. This minimizes load screens.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niiiice!! Awesome event!! Cyrodiil here we go again!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all I can say is "...wow......."
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    what are the chances of us getting that patch to turn AP into bankable currency this week? :)

Ooo, I forgot this was coming! :smiley: Good, then I won't have to babysit my alts' AP gains until they get enough for a Motif page.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we finally have spell power cure in luxary vendor >:)

I suppose I got 2 days to learn how to battle B)@Alcast do you have PvP intro for idiots video like me :D
    Edited by Tasear on 18 July 2017 21:32
    Options
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

all I can say is "...wow......."

Seriously..... Comments like @ZOS_JessicaFolsom quoted above make me wonder if you guys have booted up your game on a console ever.

Do a forum search on lag or cyrodiil and start reading. On XB1 NA, since you forced us into 2 cp campaigns it's been bad, especially at EST prime time, 7pm - 11pm. But it's iffy outside of that as well.

I still love and support this game, but how can you not have a tracker or something in place for these issues like you did with the maw fix that only took what? 6 months? To implement?

If you're actually actively looking at this thread, PLEASE take a look at this link that got passed over. I have well written, organized legitimate concerns that haven't received a response.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4321228#Comment_4321228
    Options
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume she is a part time employee if she thinks the lag on console only happens part of the time......
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
    Options
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh great, double AP...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom what are you guys doing to stop the outpost/resource flipping that was abused last time? What will you do this time when other exploits are found and people (usually who never PVP) use them to rank up? Why not keep AP the same but reduce the cost of everything by half?

I feel like if you (ZOS) had an event that made all the vet trials easier (like cut mob and boss HP/Damage in half) some people would be angry that the coveted titles and accompanying loot were cheapened, but somehow giving out extra AP like its EXP is okay...

I guarantee you there will be an exploit and people will abuse the heck out of it like last time to rack up crazy AP (which also crashed the market for a time...).
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
    Options
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭

Guess this explains why it's never been fixed you guys don't even see it as a problem. Well, FYI it's really common and the main reason I rarely group in PVP. There is a very good chance that if I join a group in Cyrodiil I will experience infinite load screens if I die and have to respawn at a nearby keep or if the group moves on mass to a specific keep/outpost. Once you have the infinite load screen curse it's quicker to ride to where you want to go rather than buy a ticket to the transit shrine lottery. I would say 90%+ of infinite load screens in PVP occurs for me when I'm grouped.

I'd like to add this as been an issue for me for 2+years, on both servers.
    Edited by Forztr on 18 July 2017 22:10
    Options
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, ZOS. When the servers are crashed and we can't play have of next week, have the switch ready to extend the event by a week or even two more. This is a PvP event we're talking about. When was the last time we had one of these?
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SEIZE A NEW COLLECTIBLE CROWN

As you participate in PvP activities (excluding Duels) during the event, you can earn a new collectible hat: the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath. Wear this golden laurel proudly, and let it be known that you are a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield!

To show off your prowess and style with this unique collectible, unlock the “Star-Made Knight" achievement by completing each of the seven unique Midyear Mayhem event achievements. Check your Journal for details!

8ac564611cfeb1493a9a63e636703bf4.jpg

Note that some achievements will require the Imperial City DLC game pack and the ESO: Morrowind Chapter to complete.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Locking this event to some of the content dlcs/chapter is bogus unless we are granted free access to them for the duration of the event. I may just quit the game because of this.

Just because i don't own Morrowind i can't get this awesome costume hat... thanks (sarcasm).
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is an event that's Completely Useless to players like me. I hope all the folks who enjoy killing other players and stealing their stuff (which is all PVP means to me) have a Grand Old Time. You won't see me there.

What the hell is a "Tel Var stone," anyway? Ahhh, don't answer that, I really could care less. I give this event a rating of "PFFFFFFFT!"

"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just seems to me that events should be for EVERYBODY and not just pander to one group of players.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just seems to me that events should be for EVERYBODY and not just pander to one group of players.

So the PVP players get one event and the PVE players get all the rest. I think it is fair to give them (the PVP community) an event and it is at least very funny to read posts like this, lmao.

Ah well, guess I will just consider the source.
    Options
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭

I've seen much longer loading screens especially in Morrowind, IC, and DLC zones since Morrowind release. What were typically 10-30 seconds are now 1-2 minutes; it's not back up to the 5 minute screen of death from a year ago. This is on Mac, NA. I've heard a lot of similar complaints in guild chat, and it's been disruptive to IC events.

It wouldn't hurt to set up a poll in general or bugs?
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
    Options
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

So the PVP players get one event and the PVE players get all the rest. I think it is fair to give them (the PVP community) an event and it is at least very funny to read posts like this, lmao.

Ah well, guess I will just consider the source.

Pretty much this. For the most part it's hard to make an event that apeals to -everyone- so this isn't a bad trade-off.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Options
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh man I just stumbled across this area in the forums:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/xbox-one-technical-support

There's apparently a bunch of threads with the information that you guys are asking us for all in once place.
    Options
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now your gonna make them look foolish....oh wait....that's already happened......

Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    PvE and RP players complaining about the event being PvP in 3..2..1....

They're getting 2 new dungeons and a trial... :)

Both are a joke, the sets dropping in the new dungeons are not a reason to grind. Maybe that light set is worth testing but nothing in terms of monster sets.

New trail is also a joke, when it too us 5+ months to just complete Sanctum Ophidia and 3+ Months to finish vMOL, 2 hours after release of morrowind early access vHOF was done.

If anything, i am looking forward to this event, last double AP event i did not farm AP at all and played "legit", the amount of grand overlord grinders is insane, honestly i will do the same this time, will grind as much AP as possible, PvP is seriously unbalanced and unhealthy (especially for mDKs) so i will take advantage.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    "To show off your prowess and style with this unique collectible, unlock the “Star-Made Knight" achievement by completing each of the seven unique Midyear Mayhem event achievements. Check your Journal for details! Note that some achievements will require the Imperial City DLC game pack and the ESO: Morrowind Chapter to complete."

Well... So it IS a PTW game. (Pay to Wear the laurel :lol: )
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    ScytheNL wrote: »
    "To show off your prowess and style with this unique collectible, unlock the “Star-Made Knight" achievement by completing each of the seven unique Midyear Mayhem event achievements. Check your Journal for details! Note that some achievements will require the Imperial City DLC game pack and the ESO: Morrowind Chapter to complete."

Well... So it IS a PTW game. (Pay to Wear the laurel :lol: )

Yes:

Capture a keep in Cyrodiil

Capture an Imperial District

Win a Battlegrounds event
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this, I've never joined an event like this before in ESO.
    Edited by dan958 on 20 July 2017 15:02
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here what i noticed personally on the loading screen :smile:

- pve zone, i never ever encounter the problem. I have some long load screen from time to time when entering an instance or such, but not much a problem.
    The only problem, is if i am in a queue for group finder, and suddenly having a loading screen to change area, most of the time i lost my group finder queue because i could not answer to accept the invite. May be you could tweak a little more the timer. 1mn is not enough at least for me. I miss it sometimes for 10sec or so.

Now the most problematic and ennoying loading screen problem is on Cyrodill, happening only and only for me when i am in group, into an area for 50+.
    i can play a full day long on cyrodill, in a group, when i level a character. But as soon as i am not anymore elligible for the low level area phase, then if i group with my pvp guild, i encounter a load screen :smile:
    - each time i die : using a camp, or simply a keep not under attack bring me a loading screen. I have then no solution than alt f4. And of course when i log back in i find myself in a queue for cyrodill ......
    - travelling from keep to keep while in group : it seems that if we travel all at the same time, the game can not handle it. And we get some loading screens, or even, are booted and have to entered cyrodill .... and guess what .... be in queue to enter again

So to resume, loading screens for me happens only in group in cyrodill, never solo. An actually its quite pushing me away from playing there.

For the event, i fear that i will not enjoy it because of that. Having to spend my time in queue for that area will bring my grumpy mood.
    Edited by Lauranae on 19 July 2017 09:36
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options