Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Test Your Mettle in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

• KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    Both of us
  • KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    Just keeps getting better...

Screenshot_20170720_215555.png
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Is the achievement for killing players final blow only (like kill achievements), or just tagging them (as per the dailies in Cyrodiil) ?
    You must land the killing blow for it to count toward the achievement, similarly to Imperial City and Battleground achievements.
    This whole premise is rather counter to ESO's general opposition to the prospect of "kill stealing". One of the reasons people enjoy playing together in ESO is because kill stealing isn't a thing they need to worry about.

Obviously, you can spend a few minutes fighting some tanking build, then someone else comes along and delivers a killing bow and they get the trigger, that is not right by any means.

Numerous times this happened to me on my alts when grand overlords were rare, just kept fighting for what seemed like an eternity only to have a ganker come along and delivers the killing blow and takes all the trigger i worked hard for.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    KILMAIM wrote: »
    Solo queue position for Vivec is 777 (down from 778, five minutes ago when I logged in). Sotha Sil is 158 (no movement).

ZOS: this is a major fail. How long do people have to wait to try to participate in this event?

Sure, if I were a child, living off of mommy and daddy, I might be able to spend all day waiting. Seriously?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

P.S. Great! just got bumped from the server while typing this...back to waiting. So, please, do tell...who is the ZOS genius who decided to put "Predicant Maera" in Cyrodiil to fulfill the request?

So, if I understand this correctly, there is a capacity limit in Cyrodiil because the severs cannot handle the capacity of other Tamriel nodes. Therefore, you granted us an option that possesses the potential to inherently not be experienced or fulfilled. This appears to be bordering on false advertisement. (just got booted again) My fiancé just got booted as well (she's sitting across the room from me. So, it would appear that the "unable to log onto the NA servers isn't quite fixed after all?)

Problem is, when we ask for more campaigns, they remain empty and people complain on them being empty. Then they get shut down and we complain again for more campaigns and so on. This is not just a zenimax issue, it is also a community issue, we need to have more players in other campaigns, especially after this event.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    The achievement "Pelinavant Scourge" can not be obtained after winning a Battleground encounter, I already sent a ticket regarding this but. Anyone else is experiencing this?
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    The achievement "Pelinavant Scourge" can not be obtained after winning a Battleground encounter, I already sent a ticket regarding this but. Anyone else is experiencing this?
    @Alucu Yes, this is a known issue, to be fixed in next week's patch because a hotfix is not possible.
    We've determined that the fix for the Pelinavant the Scourge achievement requires server downtime to deploy. Due to this, we will roll out this fix during the PC/Mac maintenance window on Monday (July 24), and the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One maintenance window on Wednesday (July 26.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Alucu Yes, this is a known issue, to be fixed in next week's patch because a hotfix is not possible.
    We've determined that the fix for the Pelinavant the Scourge achievement requires server downtime to deploy. Due to this, we will roll out this fix during the PC/Mac maintenance window on Monday (July 24), and the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One maintenance window on Wednesday (July 26.)

ty, just the answer I was hoping for. Had same problem.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are Group ques still broken? Perhaps this has been touched on elsewhere but i was unable to find a feed with an answer, and during a pvp based event this is particularly frustrating....used to be- you could group Que your group into Cyrodiil as long as Crown was NOT IN yet and port your whole group into whatever campaign crown ported to. Now it gives Invalid Server Requested error.
    1. Has Group Que for Cyrodiil campaigns been disabled on purpose?
    2. If so, is it permanent or just for the Holiday Event?
    3. If permanent, why?

I've tried group ques on different toons, I've tried group que making sure no-one is in que yet, I've tried que making sure none are in the campaign yet, even with all members homed in same campaign, none of these methods work anymore. Which is really sucky since in a non-pvp based guild we have several people wanting to group for the event and they are all stuck doing multiple re-homes and re-guests for the event.... which not having more than the one chance to re-guest or re-home for free kinda sucks with enough forecasted popularity you guys made 2 additional 7 day campaigns for it. Whats going on?
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Khazmaal
    Khazmaal
    ✭✭✭

And we can't kill 50 players too... => Bug with "Wrath of the Whitestrake"
    But about the classics pvp quest yes...
    (may be since the new campaign...)
    Edited by Khazmaal on 21 July 2017 23:10
    "Fanatical about Sheogorath, until day or I remembered myself, that I was Sheogorath! "
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    So what do I need to do specifically to get the Boon Boxes? I've got 11 so far but It seems like sometimes I get one and sometimes I don't.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are Group ques still broken? Perhaps this has been touched on elsewhere but i was unable to find a feed with an answer, and during a pvp based event this is particularly frustrating....used to be- you could group Que your group into Cyrodiil as long as Crown was NOT IN yet and port your whole group into whatever campaign crown ported to. Now it gives Invalid Server Requested error.
    3. If permanent, why?

I've tried group ques on different toons, I've tried group que making sure no-one is in que yet, I've tried que making sure none are in the campaign yet, even with all members homed in same campaign, none of these methods work anymore. Which is really sucky since in a non-pvp based guild we have several people wanting to group for the event and they are all stuck doing multiple re-homes and re-guests for the event.... which not having more than the one chance to re-guest or re-home for free kinda sucks with enough forecasted popularity you guys made 2 additional 7 day campaigns for it. Whats going on?

I'm so glad to hear that. The queue exploit has been going on for far too long and has negatively affected alliances with nonsensical pop locks for far too long.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question concerning the scrolls which were announced to be Akaviri-style, instead as DC member I am just becoming covenant-scrolls, they I already have all, thrice, so when are the akaviri-scrolls coming???
    dropped so far near 75 boxes.
    playing Vivec and Xarxes
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Just a question concerning the scrolls which were announced to be Akaviri-style, instead as DC member I am just becoming covenant-scrolls, they I already have all, thrice, so when are the akaviri-scrolls coming???
    dropped so far near 75 boxes.
    playing Vivec and Xarxes

@Azurya My understand is that you'll get drops for whichever Alliance you're on, and Akaviri, but Akaviri is much rarer (somebody else crunched numbers and came up with a droprate of less than 1%).
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    3. If permanent, why?

I'm so glad to hear that. The queue exploit has been going on for far too long and has negatively affected alliances with nonsensical pop locks for far too long.

but the group due didn't cause any problems.... i don't understand what you mean here... solo due took precedence over group quest anyways so people that could port themselves in alone weren't affected by the group due on pop-lock, and those people got tallied for their alliance due regardless if it was their home campaign or not.... i get not wanting a longer due, but not like there was a noticeable difference with out of campaign people in vs not. and they could simple fix that then by making guest or home campaign be a group due requirement. that would be understandable at least. but they left the whole thing broken.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    The real mayhem is that they have an event like this without fixing the load screen. I waste all of my delve AP buff on load screen.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the achievement for killing players final blow only (like kill achievements), or just tagging them (as per the dailies in Cyrodiil) ?
    You must land the killing blow for it to count toward the achievement, similarly to Imperial City and Battleground achievements.

Ouch. So much for getting this achievement on more than one character. Or, if I'm being honest, at all probably. In Cyrodiil, I'm usually just another warm body on my side, and frankly, I've always liked it that way. Though I did manage to kill 12 players who thought a keep was undefended with a siege engine once, but I doubt I'll get that lucky during the event.

I've managed 12 kills all weekend ... Must have played 16 hours easily ... I'm pathetic at PvP
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Will the infinite loading screens be looked at before this event?! or anywhere in 2017?

or are you also just going to ignore posts about this issue?

funny.. while typing this, cyrodiil crashed again for everybody :P

Hey Doc, infinite loading screens are one of those things, like lag, that is a very broad issue and something we've heard about off and on to varying degrees since launch. (Some people get them, some don't, for some it's only certain zones, only certain times of day, etc.) We'd like to understand if this something that has recently gotten worse. If so, are you able to estimate when it started getting worse and on what platform/region? And is it everywhere or just in Cyrodiil?

I actually find using forward camps causes infinite loading screens more than anything else ... Think it's a combination of lag and the camp ending
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop this event : huge queue + loading screens + being kicked out + having to requeue for hours again

Its not fun

People are having a hard time to play together due to long queues

Cant play on main campaign

(There are much more loading screen than during normal non event time)

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big PvPer I do play more pve so forgive my while I have a *** about this event .

1, it's not long enough for us pve players to get the rewards , please make it a month long event, PvPers will earn more AP so they won't complain n I might get all the rewards

2, laaaaagggggggggg

3, limited time to play, yet I spend more time queuing to get into the event and just as much time queuing after a death

A 2 hour okay session is 1h 10m queuing, 10 minutes selling junk and opening emails 20 minutes trying to kill DKs leaving 20 minutes to have fun, which in some groups gets eaten up by indecisive leaders

• Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Ouch. So much for getting this achievement on more than one character. Or, if I'm being honest, at all probably. In Cyrodiil, I'm usually just another warm body on my side, and frankly, I've always liked it that way. Though I did manage to kill 12 players who thought a keep was undefended with a siege engine once, but I doubt I'll get that lucky during the event.

I've managed 12 kills all weekend ... Must have played 16 hours easily ... I'm pathetic at PvP

Got the 50 kills blows in about 5 hours, Got 11 in the first hour and had a dry spell with only 2 in the next hour. Put my VD set on and hit the zergs with fire treb.....easiest way to get 50 kills finished :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Got the 50 kills blows in about 5 hours, Got 11 in the first hour and had a dry spell with only 2 in the next hour. Put my VD set on and hit the zergs with fire treb.....easiest way to get 50 kills finished :)

Yeah, for the non-pvp folks, seriously the best way. Also, the 800 person due isn't a real que. I'm not waiting any longer than i did before. i que at 500 and I'm in before i hit 410 so don't let the que # scare you. If you aren't great at pvp just use the free siege you are getting in your boxes or buy a little siege and follow the big zerg to a keep, or run when zone calls to a home keep to defend. dropping siege on an opponent group is a great way to get killing blows without having to actually do much of anything. Oils and Fire Ballistas all the way! :heart:
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on 24 July 2017 06:57
    NA EP CP1200+

• Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it is pretty much predictable when I get an infinite loading screen after these steps:

Step 1) I spawn at Keep A and run to action at point B.

Step 2) After a while at point B I get killed and waited a bit to get rez'd. However it happened that our faction got overrun by too many opponents, which are then heading to Keep A.

Step 3) I try to respawn at Keep A before it gets under siege in order to defend it. At this point I am very likely obtaining an infinite loading screen.

So in summary I frequently get an infinite loading screen whenever a large group of opponents heading in the same direction (and likely entering the same region) as my spirit from my dead body to the ressurection place.
  • Lifix
    Lifix
    Soul Shriven
    This game is unplayable atm. Lag fest. My group keeps getting rubberbanded back to previous positions and can't bar switch or mount up.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I have a serious problem in that every campaign is always full for both EP and AD alliances on the NA XB1 servers. I can only get in with DC characters as that's the only alliance that isn't full on every campaign and there have only been open slots on one or two campaigns. There's too few spaces available to let enough people play, especially on weekends. :(
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alls I ever do is pvp. I am a healer. I had no problems getting kills. Just radiant everything while healing.
  • Kimthekiller
    Kimthekiller
    Soul Shriven
    It is not very cool that you have to get the killing blow in the kill players during the Midyear event. I run with a large group and I heal I am struggling to get this. It is very frustrating.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    So....are we not getting an extension on this event to make up for the server downtime and disconnects?
  • GnarlyMcGnasty
    So....are we not getting an extension on this event to make up for the server downtime and disconnects?

This.

I heard rumor yesterday that the event was going to be extended, but can't find any information on it. It would be nice since we're having to deal with lag spikes, load screens that can last up to 10-15 minutes, and game crashes. One battle I was in went like this:

Me: Charge player > 30 second loading screen > Me = Dead on loading > Resurrect at Forward Camp > 5 minute loading screen > Me = Dead on load > Respawn at Ash > 15 minute load screen > Me: "WTF?" I actually did some chores around the house while waiting.

And this is just one of numerous incidents like this.

So yeah, an extension would be nice.

Edited by GnarlyMcGnasty on 29 July 2017 12:51
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been able to stay logged in for more than 5 minutes on any character on any faction on any campaign at any given time of day for the past 3.5 days straight due to "999+ ping" and infinite load screens and being kicked back to the main menu login screen.

The first 3 days of the event were completely fine, no ping issues or other problems (other than the fact the that the Star Made Knight Battleground victory achievement was bugged and not fixed until midway through the event...)

TLDR - not enough time to take advantage of the double AP event or even get the Star Made Knight title, which requires receiving 25 boxes...
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really love this game but I must say its my first time seeing an event in an MMO that's causing more frustration than joy. My pvp experience was way better before the event and I cant wait till its over. If nothing is done about the servers I will be avoiding next year's Midyear Mayhem altogether.
    Edited by Ankael07 on 30 July 2017 02:51
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.