Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are ads actually going to be in game?

• Untidy1
    Untidy1
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

8972d1863654d017485291ba8ca50514.jpg

do you realize how much work is involved in taking care of that animal ?
    alot! they require Alot of care, love and grooming and feeding and riding to make them healthy.

They only require one lesson/feeding every 20 hours. How hard is that?

;)

I suppose if you can afford 250 bucks a day for the lessons, then go ahead and knock yourself out.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untidy1 wrote: »

do you realize how much work is involved in taking care of that animal ?
    alot! they require Alot of care, love and grooming and feeding and riding to make them healthy.

They only require one lesson/feeding every 20 hours. How hard is that?

;)

I suppose if you can afford 250 bucks a day for the lessons, then go ahead and knock yourself out.

Sure!

giphy.gif

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tuckerpb2 wrote: »

Must admit I immediately thought of this when I saw this thread. Getting us to pay for an in game ad blocker seems to be something right up ZOSs alley
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mehrunes Razor - brought to you by Gillette, the best a man can get!

Chillrend, from Wilkinson Sword... :#

Molag Bal's Mace - because you're worth it ;)

Molag Kena's Head and Shoulders!

Engine Guardian... vorsprung durch technik

Sweetrolls help you work rest and play!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the new TOS, and what I got out of it was that ZOS can sell your information to a 3rd party.
    While there may not be plans for it; we signed a TOS that would let them.
    "no plans to" is corporate language for "we will in the future"

When ESO+ first launched we were guaranteed all dlc, now they backtracked. So don't necessarily believe them 100%, you'll be disappointed.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    SODAvA7.jpg

I now want ZOS to replace all the cliff racers in Morrowind with little Goodyear blimps.

I can see myself riding around in my new shadow black Mustang GT mount..... take my crowns now please B)

Done.

Beautiful horse but I don't think that's a Mustang. Friesian maybe?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    And so this happened when I sent my respectful email

"Response By (Keion) (03/22/2017 05:32 PM)
    Greetings!

Thank you for your request. You have been opted out.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Keion
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Edited by KimberlyannKitsuragi on 23 March 2017 04:09
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah, I was having fun speculating on related changes to the game....

"Mountain Dew Maelstrom Arena"

"Red Mountain set to be renamed Red Bull Set, 5th item bonus "Gives you wings."

Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again
    Knee jerk reaction to nothing
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember back when this game came out Matt Firor ( think it was him) talked about why the game would be sub based, because he believed in the integrity of the game and knew how much cheese FTP would introduce into it. His quote was a big sell point for me. I never would have imagined that in just a few years you guys would be jacking our personal browsers and selling us out to the third party companies.

I pay a sub, why isn't that enough for you people? This is disgusting, you should feel disgusted, and you should feel embarrassed as a company to sell out your customers to third party ads. This is a complete disrespect toward your customer base and yourselves as professionals.

Quote from Matt Firor. "You go outside the game, you pay your month, you go in the game, and when you’re in the game, you’re in the game," Firor clarifies. "There’s no real world stuff reaching in to grab you." [Except the adds we placed in your real world browsers because we sold you out to third parties]

I will depart from your game the moment there is competition because I have no faith, no hope, and no trust in your company anymore. I will not buy another product from ZENI either because you have tainted their whole product line.
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 10:49
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Quote from Matt Firor. "You go outside the game, you pay your month, you go in the game, and when you’re in the game, you’re in the game," Firor clarifies. "There’s no real world stuff reaching in to grab you." [Except the adds we placed in your real world browsers because we sold you out to third parties]

I will depart from your game the moment there is competition because I have no faith, no hope, and no trust in your company anymore. I will not buy another product from ZENI either because you have tainted their whole product line.

There will be no advertising within the game!

But when u click on a clickbait site (or any page that uses ads) u may get some advertising along the lines of gaming... cos the advertisers now know that you are a gamer! I don't get why this is so hard for people to comprehend!

And if u really want to make a stand.. leave now.... you will be back as soon as u realise this is the industry standard... right or wrong it's been going on for years and will continue to do so!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just to clear things up here, we will never sell your information and there are no plans to add in-game advertising to ESO. The updated privacy policy gives us the ability to better provide you with more personalized updates and new information on the game.

We never asked you to come into our homes and "provide us with more personalized updates and new information". You are forcibly invading our homes and life with this. You were not invited, nor was this ever asked for! This is an invasion of our privacy and our trust. There is no good light that you can place on what is ultimately a blackmailed invasion on our homes and privacy.

(By you I mean zenimax, not you personally)
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 13:03
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ozstryker wrote: »

But when u click on a clickbait site (or any page that uses ads) u may get some advertising along the lines of gaming... cos the advertisers now know that you are a gamer! I don't get why this is so hard for people to comprehend!

And if u really want to make a stand.. leave now.... you will be back as soon as u realise this is the industry standard... right or wrong it's been going on for years and will continue to do so!

You speak of comprehension and yet I never said there would be ads in the game. I don't care what you think the standard is, you are a human being not a corporate lap dog. Have some respect for yourself and stand up for your own dignity. I have friends here, I have a character I have been working on since beta. They know this and hold this over you as blackmail to invade your home uninvited. You should feel outraged over how little this company thinks of you.
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 11:18
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrewQ84 wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    SODAvA7.jpg

I now want ZOS to replace all the cliff racers in Morrowind with little Goodyear blimps.

I can see myself riding around in my new shadow black Mustang GT mount..... take my crowns now please B)

Done.

All joking aside, that's a beautiful animal.

We all know horses are evil creatures plotting the demise of mankind along with the dolphins.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭

You speak of comprehension and yet I never said there would be ads in the game. I don't care what you think the standard is, you are a human being not a corporate lap dog. Have some respect for yourself and stand up for your own dignity. I have friends here, I have a character I have been working on since beta. They know this and hold this over you as blackmail to invade your home uninvited. You should feel outraged over how little this company thinks of you.

Did u click "I agree"?

Your argument is moot
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did u click "I agree"?

Your argument is moot
    You do realize that discussion over leaving the game is against the rules right? And no, in either case, does it make it moot. Wrong is wrong, and doing nothing about it is doubly wrong.
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 11:29
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭

Did u click "I agree"?

Your argument is moot
    You do realize that discussion over leaving the game is against the rules right? And no, in either case, does it make it moot. Wrong is wrong, and doing nothing about it is doubly wrong.

You're the one speaking of leaving?! try to comprehend this.... you/we agree to continue regardless of our moral stance on the subject, all the rhetoric and posturing in the world, means nothing if we cowtail and click agree!
    Personally I'm against the erosion of our intellectual liberties, but this right here is a microcosm of the actual issue!
    Look further friend, be the change you want to see!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're the one speaking of leaving?! try to comprehend this.... you/we agree to continue regardless of our moral stance on the subject, all the rhetoric and posturing in the world, means nothing if we cowtail and click agree!
    Personally I'm against the erosion of our intellectual liberties, but this right here is a microcosm of the actual issue!

"Be the change you want to see"? The heck does that even mean. I want them to not invade my privacy, how does uninstalling the game without an exit survey accomplish that? Fortune cookies are not meant to be your guiding light, they are meant to make you feel good about the bill.

The actual issue with the erosion of liberties is people like yourself that dedicate their time to defending the very companies perpetrating the erosion of liberty against anyone that speaks out against corporate abuse and overreach.
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 13:02
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭

"Be the change you want to see"? The heck does that even mean. I want them to not invade my privacy, how does uninstalling the game without an exit survey accomplish that? Fortune cookies are not meant to be your guiding light, they are meant to make you feel good about the bill.

The actual issue with the erosion of liberties is people like yourself that dedicate their time to defending the very companies perpetrating the erosion of liberty against anyone speaks out against corporate abuse and overreach.

Invading your privacy?.. u gave them your permission! You have the right to opt out. You know that right?

Fortune cookies, guiding light.. lol wut?

What I'm saying to you is, if you want to change something be proactive, it starts with (fully) understanding the issue, then having the courage to act.... PEOPLE LIKE YOU don't cos u r only gunna act if somethin better comes along... pointless.....!

It's like trying to have a discussion with a pigeon, I'm done here!

*edit spelling
    Edited by Ozstryker on 23 March 2017 14:08
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't even cancel your sub without agreeing to them selling you out to third parties!

That is seriously broken.

Cancel_zpsqob7y55t.png

Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 14:44
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't even cancel your sub without agreeing to them selling you out to third parties.

No, you cannot.

This is a moot point to anyone who already has an account, so saying that you cannot even cancel your subscription without agreeing to the Privacy Policy is irrelevant. You can't even create the account without being subject to the Privacy Policy. You cannot be on this forum complaining about the privacy policy without agreeing to it. By using any website run by any company under ZeniMax Media, you immediately fall under the Privacy Policy.

Privacy policies are one of those things that you do not, and cannot, know about before walking through the door, and once through the door, it is too late. I am not just talking about ZeniMax Media. It is pretty common to have a privacy policy that is on a website that is covered by the privacy policy, meaning that by viewing the privacy policy, you are covered by the privacy policy. If the privacy policy has any language in it that says that, by using their web sites and services, the person must agree to the privacy policy, then reading the privacy policy includes agreement of the privacy policy.

I can say that a random sampling of a few MMO games, and the privacy policies that they use, has resulted in me accepting quite a few privacy policies just by reading them. (Edit: Yes, one can say that a single visit does not constitute "use", but a return visit does. Don't read the privacy polices more than one time)

Unlike the ToS, the purpose of a privacy policy is to inform. It is not binding. Formal agreement is not even necessary. Such "approvals" are usually for the purpose of making sure that people are aware of it. ZeniMax has put an added emphasis on this, across a whole lot of platforms, and this is causing a lot of "freaking out" because of it.

The response to the Privacy Policy is actually more interesting than the Privacy Policy itself.
    Edited by Elsonso on 23 March 2017 15:23
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't even cancel your sub without agreeing to them selling you out to third parties.

No, you cannot.

This is a moot point to anyone who already has an account, so saying that you cannot even cancel your subscription without agreeing to the Privacy Policy is irrelevant. You can't even create the account without being subject to the Privacy Policy. You cannot be on this forum complaining about the privacy policy without agreeing to it. By using any website run by any company under ZeniMax Media, you immediately fall under the Privacy Policy.

There is a big difference between creating an account and canceling your monthly sub. The only thing I find interesting is the amount of people that are okay with their email being distributed to unknown third parties as well having to agree to that before canceling their payed subscription.

I came to ESO to play a video game, not have my primary accounts email distributed to unknown parties across the internet.
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2017 15:29
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, I figured out how to be safe.

tinfoil%20hat%20lion.jpg

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just to clear things up here, we will never sell your information and there are no plans to add in-game advertising to ESO.

An Eve dev said something similar once about monetising the game. It was 12 months, almost to the day, before they started monetising the game. Is someone starting a pool on this? I'm thinking 6 months.
    The updated privacy policy gives us the ability to better provide you with more personalized updates and new information on the game.

You can provide me with better updates by answering the tough questions that you always ignore. No privacy policy required.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a big difference between creating an account and canceling your monthly sub. The only thing I find interesting is the amount of people that are okay with their email being distributed to unknown third parties as well having to agree to that before canceling their payed subscription.

I came to ESO to play a video game, not have my primary accounts email distributed to unknown parties across the internet.

You have already accepted the Privacy Policy. The deal is done. It does not matter whether you have to do it before you can cancel your subscription. Not in your case.

Send an email to ads@zenimax.com with an opt-out request. Wait for them to process the request. Once your request has been processed, you are covered by the opt-out and they won't share your information any more than they already have. If you live in California, and want to know who they shared it with, that information is available upon request to privacy04@zenimax.com. Outside of California, you can request that information, but they do not have to reply, so they probably won't unless you ask very politely, very nicely, and they are in a happy mood.

Additionally, you can send an email to privacy04@zenimax.com to get any questions answered, or if you want to review, update, or delete any personal information that they have about you. Asking questions or for clarification in here is pointless. This is so far above the @ZOS community manager pay grade that they need binoculars just to see the people who can answer any questions.

As for the sharing of personal email addresses, and assuming that you are not already agreeing to have your email address shared on a dozen other websites, I might suggest that you use a unique email address, not used for any other purpose, in the future. If this sharing concerns you.

Edited by Elsonso on 23 March 2017 18:00
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Armitas preaching that personal liberty!

giphy.gif
    Edited by Zinaroth on 23 March 2017 18:07
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Done.

8972d1863654d017485291ba8ca50514.jpg[/quote]

While that is one of my favourite forum posts ever... as this is a discussion about advertising in-game I will put on my tin-foil hat and mention that one of the main banks in the UK has this logo.

lloyds-bank-black-horse-logo-bank-city-of-london-england-uk-F0JJ7K.jpg

Is it a coincidence? (Yes, it is a coincidence)
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.