The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I've Joined the Dark Side

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is being a squirrel considered a bad thing?

:(
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Why is being a squirrel considered a bad thing?

:(
    Maybe he meant to say that he is bad?
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Squirrel lives matter
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Sypher wrote: »
    I made it 4 seconds in till I was bored .

must be hard having the attention span of a squirrel

Bow , vipers , magelight . What's to pay attention to ? Did you find a new way to Procatato ?

That's cheap. I don't care what you think of the gear or skills being used, less than 10% of the PvP base can do half the things in this video. Why don't you upload something so we can mock you and diminish your accomplishments?

Because I'm firmly against using broken sets . Go ahead mock me . It won't make me put on a armor set that's busted and then brag I can 1 Vs X in it . Besides , Sypher knew what people's opinions would be when posted joining the dark side . He saw the free candy sign on the van and got in the back anyways . I've said plenty of nice things to Sypher in the past but I am just not entertained watching the broken bow viper in action . He knew what this was when he posted .

It's fine that you feel that way. At least you practice what you preach. Most of the posters and players here who toss the insult proctato, hit the like button on comments that mock, or try to claim they are somehow above busted sets and mechanics are hypocrites. My death recap always has Viper or something like that in it. Every time. Usually two.

In general, I do not think it's healthy to create such an divisive environment in which people who play perfectly legal builds and playstyles should be publicly mocked or censured. Because then we start getting into territory where the attitude is "play the game how I think it should be played or you're a cancer." Just because you or someone else or even a lot of people think Viper or Eye of the Storm, or Templars, or whatever passes for FOTM is broken, busted, and anyone who uses them are potatoes, that does not make them necessarily so and that opinion is not somehow Truth and people who disagree are somehow Wrong and blights that are best purged from ESO. All the stupid arguing does is create resentments, toxicity, and unhealthy peer pressure to play and publicly comment according to some completely subjective code of what passes for sportsmanship. Sportsmanship is totally ambiguous and eye of the beholder. I wish people would stop equating sportsmanship and good PvP to only mean what they personally find acceptable.

I'm not saying people have to be entertained. Turn off his stream off and ignore his self-promotion. This play according to this completely subjective interpretation of how the game should be played or you're a cancer attitude stinks.

Ahem, if I may...I think Sypher personally gets ridiculed because he does this stuff AND he tries to bask in the glory of it as if he's doing something phenomenal and unique/impressive. Just my take on why his popularity is plummeting.

You're making assumptions, I'm not fond or proud of the current PVP meta. However, as a purely solo player I got a bit tired of bending over to the groups running these builds. At the end of the day this is a game and if I'm not having fun what the hell am I doing. Also what I do might not be impressive/unique but it's still stuff that only a small percentage can do on their own.

Not making any assumptions. People talk, I listen. While you may have what seems to be an adoring fan base, you have lost a lot of respect in the community due to stuff like this.

Oh no :(
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Options
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    But I am NOT apologizing Sypher because you Sir in this video , are a full blown Spuddimg Proctatoe . An I am NOT A SQUIRREL !

There is a difference between a bad crutching on broken mechanics to beat those not taking advantage of said mechanics and then pretending to be an eso god and good players taking advantage of said broken mechanics and making people running similar setups look like bads. Even more specifically, a proctato is someone who not only takes advantage of said broken mechanics, but someone who also goes on to defend them as perfectly legitimate and balanced.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another silly proctato running fotm...

I would love to be a snowflake, but when you are playing solo in this tank/proc meta, you either go big or spend half of your PVP time running back to the fight on your mount.

Bow , vipers , magelight . What's to pay attention to ? Did you find a new way to Procatato ?

That's cheap. I don't care what you think of the gear or skills being used, less than 10% of the PvP base can do half the things in this video. Why don't you upload something so we can mock you and diminish your accomplishments?

Because I'm firmly against using broken sets . Go ahead mock me . It won't make me put on a armor set that's busted and then brag I can 1 Vs X in it . Besides , Sypher knew what people's opinions would be when posted joining the dark side . He saw the free candy sign on the van and got in the back anyways . I've said plenty of nice things to Sypher in the past but I am just not entertained watching the broken bow viper in action . He knew what this was when he posted .

It's fine that you feel that way. At least you practice what you preach. Most of the posters and players here who toss the insult proctato, hit the like button on comments that mock, or try to claim they are somehow above busted sets and mechanics are hypocrites. My death recap always has Viper or something like that in it. Every time. Usually two.

In general, I do not think it's healthy to create such an divisive environment in which people who play perfectly legal builds and playstyles should be publicly mocked or censured. Because then we start getting into territory where the attitude is "play the game how I think it should be played or you're a cancer." Just because you or someone else or even a lot of people think Viper or Eye of the Storm, or Templars, or whatever passes for FOTM is broken, busted, and anyone who uses them are potatoes, that does not make them necessarily so and that opinion is not somehow Truth and people who disagree are somehow Wrong and blights that are best purged from ESO. All the stupid arguing does is create resentments, toxicity, and unhealthy peer pressure to play and publicly comment according to some completely subjective code of what passes for sportsmanship. Sportsmanship is totally ambiguous and eye of the beholder. I wish people would stop equating sportsmanship and good PvP to only mean what they personally find acceptable.

I'm not saying people have to be entertained. Turn off his stream off and ignore his self-promotion. This play according to this completely subjective interpretation of how the game should be played or you're a cancer attitude stinks.

Ahem, if I may...I think Sypher personally gets ridiculed because he does this stuff AND he tries to bask in the glory of it as if he's doing something phenomenal and unique/impressive. Just my take on why his popularity is plummeting.

You're making assumptions, I'm not fond or proud of the current PVP meta. However, as a purely solo player I got a bit tired of bending over to the groups running these builds. At the end of the day this is a game and if I'm not having fun what the hell am I doing. Also what I do might not be impressive/unique but it's still stuff that only a small percentage can do on their own.

Not making any assumptions. People talk, I listen. While you may have what seems to be an adoring fan base, you have lost a lot of respect in the community due to stuff like this.

Most of that part of the community refuse to learn the basics or even come off of Alessia bridge. So this one is unsure if they are even aware how to distribute respect amongst those who at least know how the Q buttons works.

And cheese build or not it still takes some skills to wipe out enemies who are aware of you. Especially without relying on a heal and AOE build.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Damn he lost the respect of a bunch of zerglings

His entire fan base are zerglings.
    Options
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam ganking is 100% possible without these skill less proc sets. Go make one of those builds and you won't have to deal with people ridiculing you for running them. I know I would've watched the rest of the video if I didn't immediately see broken viper in there; it's just not fun watching proc set kills anymore.
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So why aren't you a fan ;(
    Edited by Sypher on 25 November 2016 19:56

Options
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭

supa-hot-fire.gif
    Options
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭

damn
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squirrel lives matter

67216701.jpg

Options
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

^ This. I play solo in PvP about 80% and get rage whispers all the time when I kite people on my sorc or 1vZerg on my trollplar. Bottom line is people will hate on you if you kill them no matter what the circumstances. Play for yourself, play for fun, play how you want.

Sypher is a great guy and a great player, he's also done a lot for PvP and the ESO community; just food for thought.
    Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason this video and topic has created such a discussion is because it showcases broken sets used by a talented player who holds influence in the community.

Its basically a "cant beat em' join up" video executed by someone who has been known to think outside the box. Sypher has, for the most part, created many meta builds and people look to him for inspiration.

This video creates zero inspiration, only serves as a showcase of whats wrong with the game.

Maybe Im wrong to expect more from his talents than a rehash of the same old proc/gank builds we commonly see polluting the internet.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Wollust wrote: »
    I don't understand why players should be blamed for running proc sets. This game has always been about finding the most broken op combination of stuff and then use it for half a year or longer because ZoS doesn't bother with balance updates on a regular basis.

Sure, I get pissed off when I die to someone that does one ransack and takes like 15k of my health. But I'll blame Wrobel and whoever else at ZoS thought that creating proc sets with insanely high proc chances while also having higher tooltips than most spammable was a good idea.
    But blaming the players for not gimping themselves for "dignity" and "honor" and bs like that? Dignity and honor doesn't shorten my ride and also doesn't help me win fights whatsoever.

So.. it's all good and fine.. as long as the set isn't Malubeth on a Templar, right?! Because then it's "cancer"

Have I ever stated that malubeth and reactive are fine?
    I'll gladly invite you to our teamspeak where you can hear me rant about those sets (among others).
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    Maybe Im wrong to expect more from his talents than a rehash of the same old proc/gank builds we commonly see polluting the internet.

@The_Duke Yes, yes you are wrong. Sypher, as with any other player, owes nothing to no one other than to have fun playing the game however they see fit.

Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »

@The_Duke Yes, yes you are wrong. Sypher, as with any other player, owes nothing to no one other than to have fun playing the game however they see fit.

He can play how he likes as everyone, regardless of public stature, is entitled to.

I just don't see the merit in putting out a video saying how you "joined the dark side" other than simply seeking attention.

If you post videos on the forums you should expect a reaction from both sides.

He knows exactly what hes doing.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Options
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the dark side.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not that I think it's broken , I know it's broken and Gina said they are working on a fix . If this video came out after the fix , I would of been interested for more then a few seconds to see how it still works . One of Sribes friends posted a similar build vide and mentioned sypher was working on one too in the video . I said the same thing to them . It would of been more entertaining if it came out after the fix . Someone like Sypher that stays current and even reads updates and forum news on his channel knows what's going on in the game and when things are working as intended . I was probably a little more critical of him for that reason and maybe I shouldn't be but again it's just one persons opinion .

I'm wondering just how many people who actually play are aware of this specifically. I remember Rich Lambert saying they were working on "solutions" and they were testing stuff on procs, but I interpreted that to mean: "once again we are shutting the player base out of our testing prcess and we'll find something on our own to cut down on the complaints we get about proc sets" rather than "the specific Viper's set is bugged and procs on ranged attacks" - which is not something I knew was a thing. You are right though in that Sypher stays current and now I think I see what is meant by the "Dark Side" comment.

I think there is a huge difference between people using stuff that is perceived as being too strong like the destro ult or easy mode like Radiant Destruction and stuff that has been confirmed to not be working as intended. When generic insults like proctato are just thrown about, it's not easy for people such as myself that lack the current knowledge of what ZoS says is busted to differentiate this between being a sore loser as opposed to a player capitalizing on (confirmed) broken mechanics. For whatever reason, I seem to be the last to know about broken mechanics that is just assumed to be common knowledge on the forums (Nirn penetrating all spell resistance, the sorcerer mage light exploit, multiple mundas stones, etc.).

It's fine to be critical, but why not be specific in the criticism by just linking the confirmed ZoS statement about it being broken? It may seem redundant and not perahps as witty to those people already in the know. But again, i'm not sure how many people are in the know. Just linking the broken mechanic make it clear the issue is just that, broken mechanics, rather than offends people's ideas of sportsmanship to those such as myself who aren't in the know.

Maybe I did just assume everyone knew Vipers was broken . As it turns out not everyone did . My initial comment was not that that mean , I just said I was bored quickly . Then Sypher called me a squirrel and I got all triggered from him being triggered and the Proctato statement got released . I thought it was friendly banter but obviously maybe it really triggered others ...

Anyways despite all that I tried to explain myself as the conversation progressed . Never at any point did I intend to diminish Sypher's skill . I know for a fact despite his frustrations , he could be on his Majic DK with no proc sets and tearing up multiple groups solo . He could be doing the same with Templar and Mage . So his skill is not in question . Those damn proc suits that are all wonkey and broken are and many of Us are really frustrated with the amount of time ZOS takes to fix these things that were reported on test center an never should of been released in their current condition in the first place .

Sypher got some of the backlash from that and he shouldn't of .

That's fair enough, I can understand where you are coming from. I jumped on you too much too. Everyone is frustrated.

Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:mask:
    Edited by God_flakes on 26 November 2016 08:23
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand all the hate. Everything what Sypher does is sharing his builds with the community. So many people run around with it right now, because Sypher has a huge range, not because his setup is the most broken or most op setup out there (in fact where are a lot builds which can compete easily or are even stronger, mainly because medium armor is incredible weak right now).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I wrong to be hoping for a proc counter build video now?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear the dark side has the best cookies ?
    Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »

Apparently he says there is no counter. The solution is to just give up and join them.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Options
  • Meilinka
    Meilinka
    ✭✭✭
    Took you long enough. You should come do naughty NB things with me sometime.

Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently he says there is no counter. The solution is to just give up and join them.

I found the counter... it may not be what we wanted, but its fun to run the build i guess!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbEtN24VS4E
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I found the counter... it may not be what we wanted, but its fun to run the build i guess!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbEtN24VS4E

Ahhh hahahahaha
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shout out Zergbad!

Cheers!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on 4 December 2016 12:44
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice, that video shows exactly what is extremly broken at the moment :-D good work sypher
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so broken it looks like PvE or the start of a VMA trial round. One guy had 27k health and was dead in 2 seconds. Whoever is managing the itemization of this game just doesn't care.
    Edited by Armitas on 27 November 2016 13:03
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options