The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please ban the bot!

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported two bots farming in craglorn yesterday. I streamed to twitch, and submitted the links of the videos by email to ZOS.

The clear issue is that there needs to be more effective and immediate reaction on the part of ZOS in resolving these cases.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Many players are policing this for you. The community is doing its part. When action is significantly delayed or not taken at all, it undermines the community supporting you in this way. Please pass this along to the responsible parties. AFK Macroers and Botters are in game and active at a level not seen in a long time.
    Options
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    That said I personally have not witnessed any bots but that is probably because of playing on a console where the lack of modding probably makes bots nearly impossible.

;) Well not a 'farming' bot but... I found this impressive back when Consoles got their chats on. I don't play console so I have no idea what the current state of the matter is.
    Xelrick wrote: »
    Update new location found Kerbol's Hollow, they were found farming werewolves...
    They really dont like me lol
    Awesome.
    Also bots have no feelings. Lets just watch em crash and burn.
    Edited by Resfeber on 10 October 2016 23:29
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    Options
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »
    Xelrick wrote: »
    Update new location found Kerbol's Hollow, they were found farming werewolves...
    They really dont like me lol
    Awesome.
    Also bots have no feelings. Lets just watch em crash and burn.
    They have supporters too... Like I know I'm doing the right thing getting their locations exposed, right?
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
    Options
  • Xaxoon
    Xaxoon
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, it needs some employees to work on that bot issues. Maybe Zeni is not able/dont want spend that money for such things.
    Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported two bots farming in craglorn yesterday. I streamed to twitch, and submitted the links of the videos by email to ZOS.

The clear issue is that there needs to be more effective and immediate reaction on the part of ZOS in resolving these cases.

Many players are policing this for you. The community is doing its part. When action is significantly delayed or not taken at all, it undermines the community supporting you in this way. Please pass this along to the responsible parties. AFK Macroers and Botters are in game and active at a level not seen in a long time.

The same account is currently doing this in Craglorn again....

Obviously no action taken.
    Options
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are borderline stalkers :P
    Options
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad vicious death doesn't work out PvP. Dual someone and get vicious death proc on top these guys...
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still there today. I think it's time to have some third party game sites do some articles about how bad Bots are in the game currently and the fact that they aren't being dealt with.

I'm even thinking about supporting a third party website for naming and shaming.

Edited by Elijah_Crow on 13 October 2016 20:37
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭

Still there today. I think it's time to have some third party game sites do some articles about how bad Bots are in the game currently and the fact that they aren't being dealt with.

I'm even thinking about supporting a third party website for naming and shaming.

I've gotten sick of reporting bots with nothing being done. I have resorted to pulling all the enemies nearby the combat ones and letting them pull the agro from me and die. Their death is now my amusement.
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotten sick of reporting bots with nothing being done. I have resorted to pulling all the enemies nearby the combat ones and letting them pull the agro from me and die. Their death is now my amusement.

That's great when possible but there are too many nodes in Craglorn well beyond leash range.
    Options
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭

i used to do that to the bots in stonefalls at launch... ahh memories. :)
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because of all these crazy @$$ stalker mofos that I have to make a point go find a £$£%"^ hidey hole in a town to go afk to get food etc... afraid if I just afk at a bloody tree somewhere I'll get into trouble xD
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spectre303 wrote: »

i used to do that to the bots in stonefalls at launch... ahh memories. :)

^^ This. This I understand. We used to do this back in EQ... unfortunately, there's not many places where there's enough mobs that can be pulled far enough to properly train anyone xD
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were FIVE at a dolmen in Bangkorai last night. I was just trying to get some jewelry...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b
    There were FIVE at a dolmen in Bangkorai last night. I was just trying to get some jewelry...

Aww, did some bot steal your jewelry? :smile:

Actually, did they somehow prevent you from getting jewelry, or were you just sharing why you were there?

I mean, I was at a dolmen with about 30 others getting some rings for my level 4 (four) and managed to get jewelry from the dolmen, even if I could not generate enough damage to snatch a plunder skull from the boss. (Although, it is better now that ZOS changed the monster/AoE problem, so thanks ZOS!)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    i dont support cheaters but im on ps4 and im sure u guys can use a controller on pc farmers here use elastic bands and let there char auto kill and such and no one bats an eye
    Options