Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Please ban the bot!

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I haven't seen the bot for three days! I'm actually starting to think they banned it! YES!!!
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i sent a vid of the same guy in to an email address i got from support about a month or more ago. nice to see nothing got done about it yet.
    PC/NA

Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I haven't seen the bot for three days! I'm actually starting to think they banned it! YES!!!

Must of been my report. I reported him 4 days ago, with name location zone alliance. Respect my authority. Seriously, it was bound to happen.

respect-my-authority.jpeg

Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must have given them a 3 day ban, because they are back in the exact same spot doing the exact same thing.

PC NA AD alliance in Wrothgar. Coordinates around 79.6x45.5
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Aneca
    Aneca
    ✭✭
    They must have given them a 3 day ban, because they are back in the exact same spot doing the exact same thing.

PC NA AD alliance in Wrothgar. Coordinates around 79.6x45.5

Nooooooooooooo!
    Options
  • Aneca
    Aneca
    ✭✭
    Confirming that she's back. 547 CP now.
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aneca wrote: »
    Confirming that she's back. 547 CP now.

This bot has "earned" over 100 CP just in the period where I actually started to track it. I had to actually play the game for those CP. are the devs going to tell me that someone will stand in one spot for 8+ hours on a daily basis and just grind two ogres as they spawn and not be a bot?
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Starwhite
    Starwhite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bots at Deshaan are back. Is it so difficult to take a look gamemaster ? the bot places are well known .....
    Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starwhite wrote: »
    The bots at Deshaan are back. Is it so difficult to take a look gamemaster ? the bot places are well known .....

For a gamemaster to look, at least one must exist. GM's are the unicorns of our ESO universe, and I believe someone already killed the last one.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Starwhite wrote: »

For a gamemaster to look, at least one must exist. GM's are the unicorns of our ESO universe, and I believe someone already killed the last one.

The powder from their ground up horns goes for a fortune on the black market.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • bimbo
    bimbo
    ✭✭✭
    Zos doesn't care, you either shower them with your $$$ or gtfo.

EP-NB
    > Nightstop
    EP-SORC----> Magestop
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bot is STILL there, and now has 548 CP.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see more multiboxers nowadays than bots. One was in Kvatch "horse spinning" (so I assume they were a PvPer, since we all for some reason seem to learn to horse spin in Cyrodiil).

Then I saw a 3-character multiboxer trying to train mobs onto a bot in a Cyrodiil delve. Needless to say I killed them all.

There's literally no in-game mods wandering around looking for misbehavior. You can tell when they're there, though, since they always seem to forget that, despite being invisible, their mudcrab pets aren't.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like ZOS has noticed them and the timer on the ogres has been increased between spawns. At least they don't seem as fast as when I've watched previously.

The player in question has also changed tactics they are no longer using a staff and firing a bunch of light attacks followed by emotes. It looks like now they are just spamming ability keys so they start to attack right when the ogres spawn.

I grabbed a video, this wouldn't have thrown me off had they done it like this before. It is WAY less noticeable than the spamming of light staff attacks they used to do.

There is still no way they are there at the keyboard doing this themselves for hours on end though...

https://youtu.be/9-DZpt85Ivc

Like I say hardly as noticeable without the constant stream of light attacks, and the skills(non aoe ones) will only fire if there is a target they can fire on, so it just looks like a person stopping for a few seconds to people passing by.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like ZOS has noticed them and the timer on the ogres has been increased between spawns. At least they don't seem as fast as when I've watched previously.

The player in question has also changed tactics they are no longer using a staff and firing a bunch of light attacks followed by emotes. It looks like now they are just spamming ability keys so they start to attack right when the ogres spawn.

I grabbed a video, this wouldn't have thrown me off had they done it like this before. It is WAY less noticeable than the spamming of light staff attacks they used to do.

There is still no way they are there at the keyboard doing this themselves for hours on end though...

Like I say hardly as noticeable without the constant stream of light attacks, and the skills(non aoe ones) will only fire if there is a target they can fire on, so it just looks like a person stopping for a few seconds to people passing by.

Was that you I was talking to there about an hour ago? I was the Altmer in a wedding dress.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Was that you I was talking to there about an hour ago? I was the Altmer in a wedding dress.

lol yeah
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope your dark ritual works on that bot.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i have go to the zone whrw the bot is - I have reported the player .. few minutes later he disappear , Is he there all time or just few hours / day ?
    Megaserver US - since 2014
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have go to the zone whrw the bot is - I have reported the player .. few minutes later he disappear , Is he there all time or just few hours / day ?

A few hours a day. Sometimes people report it 6 hours before I log on and its still there.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots and people playing with script will always happen in mmo games. Everyone ive played on pc had a scripting programs to assist targeting/reactions and macroing.

Random, super elite mobs kinda helps (Fel reaver in wow) or having GMs a get hands on and observing/bans being levied.
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bot in Wrothgar has got more sophisticated over time. At first, it spent a couple months constantly light attacking with a sword, even when no ogres were there. That was incredibly obvious bottling. I submitted more than one video showing that. Then it switched to somehow only light attacking when ogres appeared and would sheathe and draw weapon or use an emote to not time out.. Now it uses skills when they appear and stands still the rest of the time. I don't know how it isn't timing out. But it will do this for hours a day. Quite a few of us have seen this, created video and reported, yet it remains and keeps getting more "free" CP. I've been there with as many as four other people running circles around it and talking in zone chat about it. If GMs even exist anymore, it would take them less than 5 minutes to realize it is a bot and ban it, should they ever be around 79.6x45.5 in Wrothgar NA PC AD at a time the bot is running.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bot still at 79.6x45.6 in PC NA AD Wrothgar. Any GMs ever online anymore?
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bot still at 79.6x45.6 in PC NA AD Wrothgar. Any GMs ever online anymore?

This bot has been reported multiple times since Christmas and still ZOS ignores it.

Can it make it through a complete year before getting banned? Probably.
    Options
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, if you care so little for the integrity of your game, why are the rest of us wasting our time being honest and not cheating?

This is beyond ridiculous. It's just pathetic.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, bots used to be a LOT worse. You couldn't find mats or kill bosses because there would be 20 players named sdf78uwr0fsdh or some other random name killing and grabbing everything, then selling gold. They stamped that out rather well. That's why I report any blatant unusual things like this. I would not want that to start up again.

Obviously you just need to L2P and get your own bot. *jokes*
    Edited by Cathexis on 20 August 2016 04:07
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Yeah, bots used to be a LOT worse. You couldn't find mats or kill bosses because there would be 20 players named sdf78uwr0fsdh or some other random name killing and grabbing everything, then selling gold. They stamped that out rather well. That's why I report any blatant unusual things like this. I would not want that to start up again.

Heck, why not? No more grinding for CP, just let a bot run for several hours a day. This thread has been viewed thousands of times, many people have reported the same bot for months, they even have the exact coordinates and its still there. You almost need a name like IAmABot to have any chance of being banned for botting.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Heck, why not? No more grinding for CP, just let a bot run for several hours a day. This thread has been viewed thousands of times, many people have reported the same bot for months, they even have the exact coordinates and its still there. You almost need a name like IAmABot to have any chance of being banned for botting.

Even then I doubt it would amount to anything. ZoS has the most lax standards for cheating, botting, etc of any MMO I've ever played to date. Just the fact that they lifted bans on known cheaters and gave the community a, 'You guys just need time to cool off, you'll be fine.' was a huge slap in the face to honest players. They could have just as well said, 'Well we aren't ACTUALLY going to ban anyone, so if you're going to cheat, prepare for a minor vacation in between.'
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Aneca
    Aneca
    ✭✭
    Is she gone on holiday again? I haven't seen her the last couple of times I checked her favourite spot.

Edit: NVM. Just saw her. 552 CP now.
    Edited by Aneca on 23 August 2016 16:12
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aneca wrote: »
    Is she gone on holiday again? I haven't seen her the last couple of times I checked her favourite spot.

I haven't seen them for 2 days now. They were gone for 3 before. Makes me wonder if they had a 3 day ban, came back, and started botting again, only to get hit again. If so, hopefully it is for good.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Aneca
    Aneca
    ✭✭
    She's back to using a staff today. I guess she finished levelling all her other weapons.
    Options