Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Please ban the bot!

• Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭
    Xelrick wrote: »
    Got update on the Riverspire bots at Sanguine Barrow on PS4. They are Gold for Sell, one try to sell me 1m gold for $20. Really need to get the these guys and stop these transactions.

My theory they are in a guild to store the gold, as it not the same accounts most the time.

Their Possible other farm spot is near Vivec Antler in Stonefall. One try group inviting me and saw them there.
    Their PS4 profiles identified them as Chinese accounts as well.

<_< I go to Sanguine Barrow every night to expose them to other players and report them, and I even use Trolls to kill them.

$20 is pretty cheap sadly. Take a look at the below site if you want to get further disgusted.
    [SNIP]
    ...And this is just the VERY FIRST link that pops up when you search for "buy ESO gold".

If you don't want to bother going to the link, bought gold runs around $14 USD for 100K gold. So stop and think, if you invested in a mass of bot accounts and could manage, say 10 accounts at one time and were able to bring in 10k per character an hour, you are bringing in a minimum of 100K per hour. Congratulations, you are making a gross $14/hour. Now, if you were able to bring in around 20k per hour which I think is very plausible when you consider certain resources like Kuta can bring in around 5k each, you are now making $28/hour with only 10 characters running. I have heard that botters can run 20 instances at one time but since I haven't botted I can't confirm (though sadly the thought is ever-increasing in my mind with the game now catering more for botters with 1 Tamriel and the apparent acceptance from ZOS on bots by taking no actions or at most, slapping them on the wrist).

You want to make money ZOS and help cut down on the number of bots? SELL IN-GAME GOLD THROUGH YOUR CROWN STORE!!! Heck, undercut their prices and you could be getting $10 USD per 100k gold! And you know what the best part would be for you ZOS? YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE TO SET UP ACCOUNTS TO FARM IT FOR YOU!!! You can just give it to yourselves because its just coding for you.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on 8 October 2016 20:04
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to make money ZOS and help cut down on the number of bots? SELL IN-GAME GOLD THROUGH YOUR CROWN STORE!!!

No. Just no.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭
    You want to make money ZOS and help cut down on the number of bots? SELL IN-GAME GOLD THROUGH YOUR CROWN STORE!!!

No. Just no.

I agree. The proper thing to do would be to shut down the real money to in-game gold sites and do something about the bots used to gather the gold. ZOS seems intent on only making money so if are not going to make any serious effort to reduce the bots and increase our enjoyment of their game, they should at least make money off their product instead of allowing cheaters to profit from their laziness.
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The proper thing to do would be to shut down the real money to in-game gold sites

@Daniel_Malloy its not possible by any ways
    for the first its not against the law in many countries to hold such sites and provide such services
    actually, i dont know a country where its not allowed
    Options
  • Dede_Bug
    Dede_Bug
    ✭✭
    Here's my issue: ZOS seems to have an army trolling the forums editing out know bots and any post that paints them in a bad light but they can't spare a few people to get the botters and cheaters under control.
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't read through the entire thread since I last commented but has this bot been nabbed? Or is it still going strong since last xmass?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭
    I agree. The proper thing to do would be to shut down the real money to in-game gold sites

@Daniel_Malloy its not possible by any ways
    for the first its not against the law in many countries to hold such sites and provide such services
    actually, i dont know a country where its not allowed

To ensure my post herein adheres to the "Community Standards" and does not need to be deleted or edited, I will try answering in a brief manner.

ZOS's Terms of Service:
    Accordingly, You may not sell, and You may not assist others in selling, Service(s) or in-Game items for real currency, or exchange those items for value outside of the Services.

Their Terms of Service provides them with all the power they need to enforce their game. What the botters are doing is against the terms set forth in this agreement. True, they cannot do much about the sites themselves selling the gold and items but they sure can do a lot to any player that provides or receives said items.
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I didn't read through the entire thread since I last commented but has this bot been nabbed? Or is it still going strong since last xmass?

Per ZOS Community Standards, we cannot discuss "Disciplinary Actions" and we cannot "Call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming."

So with that being said, please take note of the ever-increasing frustration of the posts being made on here and extract your own conclusion. I promise, you will know the exact answer to your question when you take these into account.
    Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to have a bot on PS4? There's 2 "players" that I keep seeing around Kvatch that seem sketchy.
    NA PS4
    Options
  • Dede_Bug
    Dede_Bug
    ✭✭
    It is possible to bot on a console. I had thought about upgrading to a PS4 or Xbox One just to get away from the bot issue and after a little research realized it would be a waste of money.
    Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dede_Bug wrote: »
    It is possible to bot on a console. I had thought about upgrading to a PS4 or Xbox One just to get away from the bot issue and after a little research realized it would be a waste of money.

Interesting. Perhaps I shall watch the 2 in question a little bit closer and see what happens.
    NA PS4
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to have a bot on PS4? There's 2 "players" that I keep seeing around Kvatch that seem sketchy.

Yes, from all my research and everything it is entirely possible.

Now the odd thing though is my research indicates that certain unmentionable websites websites that violate the ZOS Terms of Service by advertising the sale of Gold and other items on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 theoretically place the cost of console gold MUCH lower than its PC counterpart. I find this data very odd and can only theorize through the principle of Supply and Demand that gold is either easier to obtain on consoles, therefore lowering the cost, or there is no demand for the gold reportedly already for sale, forcing the cost down due to an over-supply and lack of demand.

As we are not permitted to deliberately spread false, malicious information or conspiracy theories, I provide the above in honest and cannot confirm the validity of the above statement nor do I believe there is any conspiracy theory created or reinforced by sharing the content above. Furthermore, I do not condone the actions of selling in-game items for real currency. In fact, I find this practice harmful for games and wish more would be done to eliminate it.
    Options
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Update Vivec Antler bot gold farmers in Stonefalls confirmed on PS4...

They must have a guild to sell wax, found guy breaking down in Reaper's March.
    ----

I wonder how they are going to react after patch once exposed to the other alliance. I feel this when we need GM to observed these guys...

I remember the old days on a MUD when the GM issued the Bot games and allowed us to kill the Bot players, and allowed us to keep 25% of the money or gear they had... We used the term "rabbits" to identified to bots...
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
    Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, from all my research and everything it is entirely possible.

Now the odd thing though is my research indicates that certain unmentionable websites websites that violate the ZOS Terms of Service by advertising the sale of Gold and other items on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 theoretically place the cost of console gold MUCH lower than its PC counterpart. I find this data very odd and can only theorize through the principle of Supply and Demand that gold is either easier to obtain on consoles, therefore lowering the cost, or there is no demand for the gold reportedly already for sale, forcing the cost down due to an over-supply and lack of demand.

As we are not permitted to deliberately spread false, malicious information or conspiracy theories, I provide the above in honest and cannot confirm the validity of the above statement nor do I believe there is any conspiracy theory created or reinforced by sharing the content above. Furthermore, I do not condone the actions of selling in-game items for real currency. In fact, I find this practice harmful for games and wish more would be done to eliminate it.

Interestingly enough, the 2 that I'm thinking of I don't think are doing it for gold. I can't quite put my finger on it. The one guy I've seen on a level 3 character, which I didn't think was possible because a.) if u play the tutorial in the beginning, I'm pretty sure you come out around level 5 and b.) if u skip the tutorial, it automatically puts you out at level 5. He has no armour, just the rags that you get in the beginning. Every time I've seen him, he's been doing either the Minotaur boss or the arena in kvatch. How can you continually do those and not be any higher than level 3? He has a level 5 too, always doing the same thing. I don't get it :confused:
    NA PS4
    Options
  • Dede_Bug
    Dede_Bug
    ✭✭
    Update Vivec Antler bot gold farmers in Stonefalls confirmed on PS4...

They must have a guild to sell wax, found guy breaking down in Reaper's March.
    ----

I wonder how they are going to react after patch once exposed to the other alliance. I feel this when we need GM to observed these guys...

I remember the old days on a MUD when the GM issued the Bot games and allowed us to kill the Bot players, and allowed us to keep 25% of the money or gear they had... We used the term "rabbits" to identified to bots...

I would love it if we had a bot hunting season!!
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RoyalPink06
    1) you will be lvl 3 if skip tutorial
    2) many of players creating and deleting alts to do repeatable Gold coast quests evrey day for motives
    i done it alot with lvl 3-7 heroes of mine, nothing suspicious here
    Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RoyalPink06
    1) you will be lvl 3 if skip tutorial
    2) many of players creating and deleting alts to do repeatable Gold coast quests evrey day for motives
    i done it alot with lvl 3-7 heroes of mine, nothing suspicious here

@Lumbermill_Emperor okee dokee, thanks for the info.
    NA PS4
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 bots in Rivenspire fighting around Sanguine Borrows. I've seen them for 3 days now and reported them the moment I noticed. All of them have 2 pets enabled so that you cant target them and see their names easily.

[Snip] , [Snip] and [Snip] are their in-game name.Just putting this here to get some attention from ZoS since reporting doesnt do anything unlike naming and shaming criminals.

Oh and one more thing if ZoS bans the botters account instead of character they would have to buy another account right? Sounds like a good income for the company to me :)

Edit : Spotted one more in the same area but seperate from the others. She was just going back and forth, jumping on a tree while her pets pull 6 skeevers and do the job for her. Her name is [Snip]

[Edit to remove names]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on 9 October 2016 00:01
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Ankael07 on 8 October 2016 23:30
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    ... are their in-game name.Just putting this here to get some attention from ZoS since reporting doesnt do anything unlike naming and shaming criminals.

... And the ZoS moderator hammer of edits incoming to this forum again. I'd go ahead and edit them out... many have tried to get ZoS to do or say something about the bots and the only thing that arises from what I have observed is that those who try to bring the situation to light get punished instead.
    Options
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    The answer from ZOS is pretty obvious. I can't believe people are still having these discussions.

Either go bot yourself or don't. There is no point in beating a dead horse.

If you're looking for a bot-free and in general better game, go play Black Desert. But if you're sticking to ESO, you gotta make the decision for yourself if you wanna be a botter or not. And if not, it's time to stop crying about botters.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was started to bring attention to an obvious bot in Wrothgar that I saw for over 7 months at that time. It has turned into a listing of bots others have seen operating. It seems to be a larger issue than I originally thought.
    Edited by rotaugen454 on 9 October 2016 02:03
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    This thread was started to bring attention to an obvious bot in Wrothgar that I saw for over 7 months at that time. It has turned into a listing of bots others have seen operating. It seems to be a larger issue than I originally thought.

It definitely is, when it related to things against TOS and is known that they are trying to rip off people for money, something needs to be done.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
    Options
  • Daniel_Malloy
    Daniel_Malloy
    ✭✭

It definitely is, when it related to things against TOS and is known that they are trying to rip off people for money, something needs to be done.

This is exactly my opinion.

At first, I saw bots as a nuisance to new characters when I started playing ESO with the release of the Gold edition. I had difficulty gathering mats in Bleakrock and couldn't understand why. Moving on to Bal Foyen, I recognized my first bot and from there on, my eyes were opened. Whether resource-gathering or farming spawns of enemies or bosses, they have been there. Coming into this game late I thought a lot of these types of issues would have been dealt with or ZoS would have a better handle on how to deal with them because so long as there is money to be made, people will cheat any system for profit. I can only conclude that 1) either very little to nothing is being done about this problem or 2) the problem is much greater than we can see and any efforts made by ZoS cannot be noticed because they are stuck playing an ever-increasingly difficult game of whack-a-bot. In either case, as a paid subscriber it has me ever-on-edge now when a bot shows up and ruins a dolmen for me or takes over my attempt to gather resources to build another player a set of armor. I have that thought that I am paying every month to improve this game and the things that are ruining it are allowed to go.
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    My goodness. This has turned into 6 pages and 175 posts.

reading this topic causes mixed thoughts and feelings. On a practical side I understand it is a problem that needs to be tackled. My programmer side somewhat impressed at the ingenuity at creating a working bot. My thoughts lead to potential for the design to be improved and how sophisticated it could become. I also imagine bots fighting each other and programmers having to create the most sophisticated bot to win. The most advanced bots being able to learn and improve their techniques. Ultimately a judgement day style scenario that the bots can outplay the humans and a new Tamriel order begins as the Bots rise to domination.

I also appreciate some irony if a bot is reported but the report gets handled by a support bot and gets missed until it can be escalated to a human.

Bots Bots everywhere. That said I personally have not witnessed any bots but that is probably because of playing on a console where the lack of modding probably makes bots nearly impossible.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread *shakes head*... you know, yesterday while doing writs I kept running out of mats and so had to go out into the world and gather some. Here and there I saw people just ~ stopped. Gee, I wonder if they are BoTs! Or maybe they were gathering and stopped to chat with someone, or maybe they went to get a cuppa, or maybe they had to go pee, or maybe... WTF cares o.O Am I gonna waste my precious time to stalk someone to find out if they are a BoT? Erm, nope. If all you can find to do in game is to stalk potential botters, maybe it's time for a break?
    Edited by Coatmagic on 10 October 2016 10:04
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @carljokl
    the diablo 3 bot - demonbuddy, aleady can outplay 90% of D3 players
    like an example
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Coatmagic you sounds like
    "got a life, setup a bot and have free irl time" :p
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    @carljokl
    the diablo 3 bot - demonbuddy, aleady can outplay 90% of D3 players
    like an example

Soon:

hMk3AU.gif

*Tries to attack bot player* *Bot player invokes magical green shield in self defence*

...They have adapted...
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Update new location found Kerbol's Hollow, they were found farming werewolves...

They really dont like me lol
    Options