Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    @fall0athboy most of those are in IC bookshelves. On page 1 of this thread iirc, there's a route you can take to hit all the shelves up top. You'd just have to repeat the process every day on each instance you can get to until you get them all.

Anything for Thief of Virtue?
  • dark_nick
    dark_nick
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    dark_nick wrote: »
    Hi,
    missing lorebook: Letter of execution, incunabula collection
    Wiki says that is in shipwright regret, i did several times, secret bosses too, can you direct me where is it? I play on ps5 so need something as "near second secret boss arena", thanks in advance

Second secret boss bahind him on fence.

Many thanks, it's incredibile how i miss it for several times....
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey just checking in to see if there is any more info on there missing books yet.
    Thanks in advance.

Authors Assistant Wanted! no post quest if you didn’t read the poster outside of the inn and finished the quest. The poster disappears.

Izbadd’s Letter

Kiv’s Noted

Letter from Aurelia Jourvel

Letter from Druid Laurel

Note to Cynric

Ode to the nose of a woman

By Command of the ascendant order

Murder of crows clue collected the clue and didn’t read it - no post

Royal messengers fate was once already read in my library and now has disappeared
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Hey just checking in to see if there is any more info on there missing books yet.
    Thanks in advance.

Authors Assistant Wanted! no post quest if you didn’t read the poster outside of the inn and finished the quest. The poster disappears.

Izbadd’s Letter

Kiv’s Noted

Letter from Aurelia Jourvel

Letter from Druid Laurel

Note to Cynric

Ode to the nose of a woman

By Command of the ascendant order

Murder of crows clue collected the clue and didn’t read it - no post

Royal messengers fate was once already read in my library and now has disappeared

Kiv's Note now available in the Seyda Neen inn post quest (just got it on live).
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found Kiv's Note, thank you.
    Does anyone know about "Note to Cynric" ?
    And "Royal Messenger's Fate" ?
    Are these fixed?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

There was an extremely obscure note about the positioning of "books" being fixed in the Update 36 patch notes:

"Fixed yet more clipping, floating, buried, or bizarrely positioned NPCs, resource nodes, books, and animals."

Could you please pass on to the dev team that, while it is appreciated they are fixing these things, it is very helpful for them to mention which specific books have been fixed and where they are? There are a handful that we knew were not accessible as of Update 35, but the more vague a patch note is, the less helpful it is to those of us who are looking to see what has been fixed and what still needs to be addressed going forward.

Ideally the patch note would mention title and location (e.g. "Kiv's Note can now be found in Seyda Neen" - or better, "in the Saucy Nix in Seyda Neen"). Noting that the positioning of "books" has been fixed sends us on a bit of a goose chase wondering if these were books that could already be read but are now easier to read, or whether these were previously inaccessible due to positioning/clipping and we should search again. For quests that take place in multiple locations, it is also helpful to know specifically where the book will be post-quest so we don't have to retrace every single footstep looking for it with each update.

Additionally, there are new lorebook entries in the Eidetic Memory that simply weren't there before, such as the clue for Legion's Arrival and a lorebook pertaining to Braghas. This is clearly not covered by a patch note concerning "clipping, floating, buried, or bizarrely positioned...books." The patch notes are thus incomplete because they should mention that these lorebooks are now able to be added to the Eidetic Memory. The Legion's Arrival clue in particular is also inaccessible for those who already collected and used the clue without collecting a second copy first, so that will still need to be addressed as well, but it is also important that the patch notes are both specific and complete.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar Writings:
    Royal Messenger's Fate

Systres Tomes and Scrolls:
    Note to Cynric
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman

Tomes of Tributes:
    19 I needed

The Impresario`s Catalogue:
    By Command of the Ascendant Orde
    Edited by Holger30 on 8 June 2023 15:53
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Investigator Vale and the Darkmasts ---> it's a random bookshelf book
    I found it in a no-trespassing area, a private home in Vastyr
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Investigator Vale and the Darkmasts ---> it's a random bookshelf book
    I found it in a no-trespassing area, a private home in Vastyr

Thx

Vastyr Fisherfolk Song and Legacy of the Bretons I have found in a bookshelf, too.
    Edited by Holger30 on 3 November 2022 13:23
  • Qethsegol
    Qethsegol
    ✭✭✭
    Vastyr Fisherfolk Song is also at this location close to the docks in Vastyr:

o4l1jkjphbmn.jpg

BUT in the lore library it is shown twice and one entry is missing:

dacows8tbr2w.jpg

• Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Calling All Sea Elves!

That is a Daily Quest Book
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    About jhaka - Pulk delve in Vvardenfell, related to Embers quest. No post quest?

If you are still looking for this (I didn't see a reply), it's on a barrel in the entrance tunnel in Pulk, before the first intersection.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a letter that is glowing for me on a bench outside Anchor's Point Inn in Evermore. Unfortunately I can't read the letter due to clipping.

Is this Izbadd's Letter? Aside from the new books, I'm only missing that, Ode to the Nose of a Woman, Note to Cynric, and Royal Messenger's Fate. I wouldn't think it'd be any of the others.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    There is a letter that is glowing for me on a bench outside Anchor's Point Inn in Evermore. Unfortunately I can't read the letter due to clipping.

Is this Izbadd's Letter? Aside from the new books, I'm only missing that, Ode to the Nose of a Woman, Note to Cynric, and Royal Messenger's Fate. I wouldn't think it'd be any of the others.

This? I notice this some ttime ago but no luck to know what is this note...
    w9tdqeab3ymc.jpg
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

w9tdqeab3ymc.jpg

Yes, that one! I'm missing only a few lorebooks, and the Anchor Point Inn is the first stop on the quest where we get Izbadd's Letter, so it would make sense.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

w9tdqeab3ymc.jpg

Yes, that one! I'm missing only a few lorebooks, and the Anchor Point Inn is the first stop on the quest where we get Izbadd's Letter, so it would make sense.

That's on the third floor on a table, right? It's a page from Isobel's third quest.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh! Nvm, I can't read. XD I've seen that one too. Might have gotten bugged. I do recall a letter in gonfalon I couldn't interact with, although it might be for the conclusion of the story.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• flynntribe
    Looking to find the following Lorebooks please
    1-A Second Warning
    2-A Warning To Those Who Follow
    Was Told They We’re In Graven Deep But For The Life Of Me I Can’t Find Them Any Help Would Be Appreciated
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flynntribe wrote: »
    Looking to find the following Lorebooks please
    1-A Second Warning
    2-A Warning To Those Who Follow
    Was Told They We’re In Graven Deep But For The Life Of Me I Can’t Find Them Any Help Would Be Appreciated

They are right before the secret boss rooms (inside of the first one)
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Anything on Rite of the Scion? I can't event believe how long this one has been bugged, I wonder if it will ever get fixed =\
  • SeraphsRose
    SeraphsRose
    Soul Shriven
    Kiv's Notes is bugged for me. I've checked The Saucy Nix in Seyda Neen, it's not there :/
    Edited by SeraphsRose on 9 November 2022 02:56
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiv's Notes is bugged for me. I've checked The Saucy Nix in Seyda Neen, it's not there :/

Did you finish the relevant quest on that character?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

The book appears during the quest and after for Companion Isobel.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Modern Day Bretons: Man or Mer?

Galen x46 y41
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »

Galen x46 y41

What coordinates system/addon is that?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Galen x46 y41

This addon have this:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1257-uespLog.html
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭

Galen x46 y41

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info520-MapCoordinates.html
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dream of Kasorayn
    The Final Dream of Kasorayn

I have finished the last story-quest on Galen, but I did not find these books. I am worried about that. ZOS had assured us that every Galen book would be available after-quest ....
    Did anyone find these books ?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Galen x46 y41

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info520-MapCoordinates.html

I see. Got confused by the xNN yNN format instead of the NN.NN NN.NN that the addon uses :)

Unrelated. Anyone knows the location for the "The Storm and the Sunflower"? uesp lists it as being at the Windwrack Fort, but I cannot find it. I have checked both the, ahem, "fort" (a tiny piece of the wall remaining) and the piers/ship, but as I said... Don't see it anywhere there.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    My missing books:
    Archipelago Books and Almanacs:
    m9uitmbgoa5j.png
    Companions quests bugged book/notes (no after quest spot)
    01km9mid3cj1.png
    Durning: Dark Heart of Skyrim Celebration Event
    c39mnc57pyms.png
    Bugged:
    7cba6j3ikh37.png