Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1

• wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vatter wrote: »
    will detect pots still work on disappearing NB's?
    Yes, detection potions will let you see a Nightblade using Shadow Cloak. Note that the single target damage immunity on Shadow Cloak will not work if the enemy has revealed you with Magelight or Revealing Flare.
    [/quote]

Correct me if Im wrong, because im not sure. However do detect pots, mage light or Revealing Flare detect NB with Shadow cloak now? or is that new?

Actually I just got my answer that detect pots do currently detect shadow cloaked nightblades
    Edited by wraithguknub18_ESO on 28 July 2015 22:36
    Options
  • yakuruto
    yakuruto
    ✭✭✭
    ads1 wrote: »
    So no fix for Breton 3% reduced cost passive(which is terrible compared to high elfs 12% regen) Regen>Reduced Cost

No love for Dunmer either. I suspect the Thalmor have inflitrated ZOS.
    Options
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    WTB Robust Constitution for Nords.
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    "Halfwitte wrote: »
    Thanks for the effort! I give it an overall score of... Drum Roll Please....
    Abysmal. RIP Tanks. RIP WW. RIP Vamp. RIP Feedback. Surprise! No new mechanics to offset to loss of stamina regeneration while tanking.
    >>>Shocked Face<<<
    NO TESTING REQUIRED!

No reason to eat (edited out profanity) to know it tastes bad.

I wouldn't know... instead of complaining, I've been brainstorming with quite a number of other players to make an assessment. Try it sometime.
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Zavus wrote: »
    No nirnhoned fix, no mace fix GG ZENI

They already mentioned that nirnhoned was fixed in the notes. Just read the things....

Maces aren't bugged.

I still have seen zero evidence from anyone that they're bugged, to date. I did some cursory testing and saw no indication of it being glitched or oddities which made me think any more was warranted, after having seen a large number of posts that it was completely and outright broken somehow bypassing 100% of an enemy's mitigation alone. My guess is that it is largely parroting off of "I heard this!", from the current knowledge I have of it.

________

@ZOS_GinaBruno, any chance of some of these questions being pinged? :)http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2078562/#Comment_2078562

I wouldn't know... instead of complaining, I've been brainstorming with quite a number of other players to make an assessment. Try it sometime.

No need to try. It's not broken in its current live form. There's nothing to fix. It's a purported fix being implemented to satisfy a small minority of players upset with permanent blockers under the guise of an improvement that will increase the overall "FUN" of existing game mechanics according to Zenimax's Philosophy of Fun. It's the same nonsense Blizzard Entertainment would use when players wouldn't play the way they wanted them to play. Let's call it what it is a spade a spade.
    If it walks like a nerf and quacks like a nerf, must be a ....? You can twist it around and spin it anyway you like to try and convince everyone that it's something beneficial and good and needs to be tried to be appreciated, because it will revolutionize and give new meaning to the definition of the word fun and it will completely change the MMO industry, but it's not a fix, because blocking isn't currently broken.

Options
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    --Removed the Robust passive, and replaced it with Robust Constitution. This will increase your Health regeneration by 6/13/20% and Stamina regeneration by 3/6/10%.
    --Carnage: Increased the Critical Strike bonus to 2/5/8% from 2/4/6%.

Does carnage increase spell crit now? ...is there any reason left to be majicka khajiit? /sigh When are the race respecs?
    Edited by Buck on 28 July 2015 22:51
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Zavus wrote: »
    No nirnhoned fix, no mace fix GG ZENI

They already mentioned that nirnhoned was fixed in the notes. Just read the things....

Maces aren't bugged.

Still have seen zero evidence that they're bugged, to date. I did some cursory testing and saw no indication of it after a lot of people posted that it was completely and outright broken somehow bypassing 100% of an enemy's mitigation alone
    Buck wrote: »
    Khajiit
    --Removed the Robust passive, and replaced it with Robust Constitution. This will increase your Health regeneration by 6/13/20% and Stamina regeneration by 3/6/10%.
    --Carnage: Increased the Critical Strike bonus to 2/5/8% from 2/4/6%.

Does carnage increase spell crit now? ...is there any reason left to be majicka khajiit? /sigh When are the race respecs?

Back at launch, it was a critical damage amplifier for everything, spell, physical, and verbal insults alike :p. Soon after, it was changed to only be a physical critical chance gain, leaving it useless for anyone who had rolled the race for a caster, which was a good choice at the time :(. #fixKhajits2015.

(Heh heh, get it?!)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    WORST IDEA EVER TO MAKE THUNDERING PRESENCE STAMINA BASED! Stamina sorcs prefer Boundless Storm! Make that morph stamina based and give me back my Thundering Presence that's magic based!

Also no shield dyes.....AGAIN!
    Edited by Djeriko on 28 July 2015 23:10
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please scale old PvP-vendors to v16.
    Options
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    WORST IDEA EVER TO MAKE THUNDERING PRESENCE STAMINA BASED! Stamina sorcs prefer Boundless Storm! Make that morph stamina based and give me back my Thundering Presence that's magic based!

Also no shield dyes.....AGAIN!

The base and both morphs should have major expedition, then the Stam morph could do more damage and boundless could apply some additional effect/buff.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on 28 July 2015 23:30
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    Options
  • vaagventje17eb17_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could you please clarifie if the vampire ulti counts as a skill, and if you need it on both bars to get the vampire passive to activate the recovery? or if having it on 1 of your bars is enough. a batwarm doesnt always do the job....... often...but not always ;)
    ty
    Options
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Bosmer gets a boost for more stamina added with their stamina regen. Now this is race better with stamina and regen.
    Altmer gets even more magic regen.
    Khajiit get 2% more crit chance and a 10% increase to stamina regen. A much welcome change.
    Orcs get 4% more melee damage. Nice little bonus since they already have good max health and max stamina.

and Nords get a health increase from 3% to 10% the bonus is nice but they could done better.

Argonians a 2% increase to a passive that only works when using a potion that has cool down between the range 30 sec and 45 secs depending on jewelry. So no new stat buff. No new stat increase. No increase in health like Nords or stamina increase like Bosmer. That is it. It is confirmed ZOS hates Argonians but for some reason loves Bosmer.

And Dark Elfs get nothing.

Now, who do you thing they hate more?
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
    Options
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Dark Elves already have an awesome, large dual-stat increase, a large boost to the most common damage type, and a large resistance to the most common damage type. Come on. ;-)

If you want to trade your 9% magicka and 6% stamina bonus for my 3% hp bonus, I'm ok with that.
    Edited by Ipsius on 28 July 2015 23:53
    Options
  • victorhrpereira
    victorhrpereira
    ✭✭✭
    Why is ZOS being so timid to give decent buffs to nords and argonians?

3% more health to nords is not nearly enough to bring it on par to other races, especially when it's a stat that does not increase your damage and other races have 10% max magicka/stamina. If the main idea behind the nord race is survivability, then it should get a 10%+ health bonus at least.

About the argonians, having to actively use potions to make use of "passive" is kinda weird. Potions costs gold and have a cooldown. Perhaps having cooldown reduction on potions use and a increase to max health could make this race better?

My girls :

Cecily - Stam. DragonKnight - EP
    Valky Bladesister - Stam. Nightblade - EP
    Serah Sunspade - Stam. Templar - EP
    Cynthia Vukein - Mag. Sorcerer - EP
    Lúmina - Mag. Templar - EP
    Shauna Ivy - Mag. DragonKnight - EP
    Skyla Moon - Stam. Sorcerer- EP
    Jasmine Crystal - Mag. Nightblade - EP
    Options
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    So Bosmer gets a boost for more stamina added with their stamina regen. Now this is race better with stamina and regen.
    Khajiit get 2% more crit chance and a 10% increase to stamina regen. A much welcome change.
    Orcs get 4% more melee damage. Nice little bonus since they already have good max health and max stamina.

and Nords get a health increase from 3% to 10% the bonus is nice but they could done better.

Argonians a 2% increase to a passive that only works when using a potion that has cool down between the range 30 sec and 45 secs depending on jewelry. So no new stat buff. No new stat increase. No increase in health like Nords or stamina increase like Bosmer. That is it. It is confirmed ZOS hates Argonians but for some reason loves Bosmer.

Imperials and Redguard got nothing too for a reason along with everyone else that got nothing.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »

Last time I check they were suppose to tweak the lesser races. Meaning races with not so good passives. That was suppose to be Orc, Nord, Argonian, and Khajiit which they have stated. Not Dark elf. Dark elfs got 9% max magicka, 6% max stamina, Resistance to the most use element for damage and do more damage with that element which is fire. Dark elf do not need a buff since they already have good buffs. Bosmer and Altmer should not have been tweak further since they were already at a good place.
    Options
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone with nothing but Dunmer on her roster: we really do not need any buffs to our racials. They are excellent the way they are.

Those poor Argonians though... I also expected at least 9% extra health for Nords when it was mentioned they were getting a buff, if not 12% like the Imperials. (Supporting my fellow Pact members here!)
    Edited by Siluen on 29 July 2015 00:26
    Options
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Is my understanding correct that someone who doesn't buy IC DLC will be locked out of most high level writs? Most of the mats only seem to be obtainable in IC or its dungeons. If that's true, the non DLC pop will need to buy most mats via traders. If so, prices will skyrocket.

I hope I'm wrong though.
    Options
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there Skyshards in the Imperial City? I need more Skillpoints!!

The Sorc Changes...... The rise of the Twifear/Clannlight? (Twilight/Clannfear combo xD)

Edit: Necropotence set in v16 would be awesome!
    Edited by Glantir on 29 July 2015 00:27
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glantir wrote: »
    Are there Skyshards in the Imperial City? I need more Skillpoints!!

The Sorc Changes...... The rise of the Twifear/Clannlight? (Twilight/Clannfear combo xD)

Edit: Necropotence set in v16 would be awesome!

@Glantir I saw an achievement for collecting them all ;) So yup. Don't have it open now but I think the achievement said 13?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would like to ask, as someone who greatly prefers non-vet pvp as opposed to vet pvp, will we ever see non-vet sets added to the game, or non-vet variants of vet ones? Also, since I don't want to juggle a few dozen items every time one of my characters reaches vet so I can delete them, recreate them, relevel them and return all their old items, will we ever see a way to freeze all exp gains? I know I would use this to stay in non-vet, but there are also people who are tired of out-leveling pve content so quickly.
    Options
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

All end-of-campaign mails now include a number of Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits.
    If your Alliance was in first place, you’ll receive 20 kits.
    If your Alliance was in second place, you’ll receive 10 kits.
    If your Alliance was in third place, you’ll receive 5 kits.

Lots of good changes in this patch, so no party pooper here, but....

hahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah this is missing some zeroes...
    Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like im going back to playing a stamplar lol
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GIna

Those changes are drastic and are realy going to hurt tanks, especialy those who rely on health regen and Orgnum Scales (set). Getting a mundus stone which gives stamina is nice, but it would be interesting to keep one for health regen too since it is a major source of health regen for those builds.

The lover and the lady are currently very weak mundus stones (around 1280 armour/spellresist) while item sets give over 1800 in one of those resists.

I have a suggestion
    - Keep the Serpent Mundus stone the way it is on PTS : extra base stamina regen
    - Make the Lady Mundus stone work like the old Serpent Mundus stone : extra base health regen
    - FInally, make the Lover Mundus stone grant both Armour/Spell resist

This way you make the mitigation increase a much more appreciated bonus and health regen tanks can keep a high source of base health regen when they decide to use Orgnum Scales.
    Options
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crystelle wrote: »
    "Proximity Detonation (Magicka Detonation morph): This ability is now an instant cast. We also increased the detonation time to 8 seconds, and reduced the damage by 28% to compensate."

So it's gonna be even harder to kill zergs now?

So...They reduced the damage by 28%, but you get additional 25% if you hit enough targets? I guess they decided it was strong enough and wanted to reduce its damage against single targets without increasing its damage against zergs.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @GIna

Those changes are drastic and are realy going to hurt tanks, especialy those who rely on health regen and Orgnum Scales (set). Getting a mundus stone which gives stamina is nice, but it would be interesting to keep one for health regen too since it is a major source of health regen for those builds.

The lover and the lady are currently very weak mundus stones (around 1280 armour/spellresist) while item sets give over 1800 in one of those resists.

I have a suggestion
    - Keep the Serpent Mundus stone the way it is on PTS : extra base stamina regen
    - Make the Lady Mundus stone work like the old Serpent Mundus stone : extra base health regen
    - FInally, make the Lover Mundus stone grant both Armour/Spell resist

This way you make the mitigation increase a much more appreciated bonus and health regen tanks can keep a high source of base health regen when they decide to use Orgnum Scales.

@ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_GinaBruno , this would be a dream come true. I was disappointed when I heard the Serpent mundus was being erased in favor of stamina regen, rather than just changing one of the weaker ones :(. The base 210 health regen from the live Serpent mundus stone turns into well over 500 with the right passives, and 750+ when using Orgnum's Scales with an evade buff to smooth out the incoming damage curve to allow it to do its work.

I can't second @Brasseurfb16_ESO 's post enough about not eliminating the HP regen mundus from the game entirely.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 29 July 2015 02:13

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    What does pts mean?
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What does pts mean?

"Public Test Server" :).

SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keen-Clapping-After-Loss.gif
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does pts mean?

"Public Test Server" :).

Or Pain in The 'S'?
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the new mechanics that compensate for the stamina regeneration while blocking Nerf?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options