Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Also I wonder how Sorcerers are meant to last more than a few seconds now in PvP.. with their shields being 65% weaker, having no self heals and 100% of their mobility taken away.

Yeah everyone said Sorcs were going to be dead after 1.6 too. Certainly didn't work out that way. I have a feeling Sorcs will be just fine.
    Options
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    So to have v16 equip etc you must buy this DLC, and then play this grind-gunk-fest... GG, bb.
    Options
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    So to have v16 equip etc you must buy this DLC, and then play this grind-gunk-fest... GG, bb.

@Rydik

Not true. You can run any dungeon scaled up to v15 or v16 for the respective level of gear. Any gear you dont want/use, just deconstruct for the materials to use at any crafting location to craft whatever set you want.
    Edited by Freeman on 29 July 2015 20:57
    Options
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats happening with grouping cross faction for dungeons. any timeline with that? and will it work with trials/dsa??
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
    Options
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    so ZOS is giving us 2 new VR ranks but the only players who will be able to acquire the matts to craft v16 gear will be the ones who purchase the new DLC. Can Gina Bruno or anyone at ZOS explain how this is anything other than a paywall? It states quit clearly in the patch notes that practically all the matts required to craft v15-16 gear are exclusively available in the IC. It has been stated by ZOS that any systemic changes in the game would be available as free update and not hiding in a paid DLC. Every other crafting matt is freely available to any player in the game. I was not planning on buying this DLC but now I don't see any way around purchasing this s**t. I am glad I saved up 4700 clown points before I stopped subbing so I don't have to actually give ZOS any real money.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
    Options
  • Ice_Cold_Spirit
    To those of you complaining about lvl 10s being made into 50s for pvp and killing you? PC players are the reason for this, because of their ability to transfer their maxed out players with hundreds of champion points, they have unbalanced alot of things for the game. So blame the PC transfers.
    Options
  • marco.cuevas.ventob14_ESO
    To those of you complaining about lvl 10s being made into 50s for pvp and killing you? PC players are the reason for this, because of their ability to transfer their maxed out players with hundreds of champion points, they have unbalanced alot of things for the game. So blame the PC transfers.

going to console right? still new
    Options
  • hlmstj
    hlmstj
    Soul Shriven
    Denidil wrote: »
    Inventory Upgrades
    We’ve added three ranks of bag upgrades, bringing the maximum possible inventory size up to 200 (this includes your Riding Capacity skill). These new bag upgrades can be purchased at any bag vendor with a gold cost that follows the existing pattern for bag upgrades.

What do the new 3 upgrade levels cost?

Also in light of this can we get account bank space re-evaulated. Right now it is 60 base slots + 18x 10-slot upgrades totally 240 slots. (costing 768.5k gold to upgrade)

Can we change it to be

100 base slots
    20x 20 slot upgrades (90k, 95k for the new last two upgrades)

Resulting in a 500 slot account bank.

Change of base slots and upgrades would be retroactive to already upgraded accounts (ie a fully upgraded person would automatically go from 240 slots to 460 slots)

I cannot agree with you more!!!!! We NEED more BANK AND INVENTORY SPACE with much less upgrading cost. With so many new items coming out, max of 200 inventory space is far from enough....
    Options
  • marco.cuevas.ventob14_ESO
    • You will no longer regenerate stamina while blocking.
    • Reduced the cost of class stamina abilities by 20% so they are equivalent to weapon abilities.
    • The cost of each roll dodge will increase by 33% after your first roll dodge.

Nightblade
    • Refreshing Shadows (passive): Adjusted this ability from 15/30% Stamina recovery to 7/15% Stamina, Health and Magicka recovery.

Weapon
    • Dual Wield
      • Whirling Blades (Whirlwind morph): This ability now applies Major Endurance instead of giving Stamina. We also reduced the cost of this ability by approximately 15%.

As near as I can tell from comparing PTS to Live, these changes in a stamina Nightblade result in a significant reduction in the ability to move and fight during combat. There is an overall reduction in both Max Stamina and Stamina Regeneration. The reduction in the cost of abilities is not enough to offset the use of stamina during combat, the smaller stamina pool, the slower regeneration, and the dodge penalty. The limited mobility during combat eliminates any feeling of being nimble. (Edit: it is like he aged 30 years overnight)

Another thing to note is that the reduction in stamina and stamina regen makes sneaking consume stamina much faster on PTS than it does on Live. Sneaky Nightblades are noticeably less sneaky. (Actually, everyone is) While the PVP people might not like sneaky Nightblades, the PVE folk like me do.

Seems suspicious that they would do this right when they release IC so that the OP (questionable) NB don't gank everyone....but they probably will
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Also I wonder how Sorcerers are meant to last more than a few seconds now in PvP.. with their shields being 65% weaker, having no self heals and 100% of their mobility taken away.

Yeah everyone said Sorcs were going to be dead after 1.6 too. Certainly didn't work out that way. I have a feeling Sorcs will be just fine.

Pretty much. Sorcs are just fine, I've fought some of them already and yeah you can no longer blink 20 times in a row and tank 10 people with a 30k+ damage shield, but Sorcs are still very viable. Just L2Adapt issues.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    Ipsius wrote: »
    Siphoning Strikes:
    This ability is no longer a toggle.
    Removed the Power and Spell Power debuff; your attacks now do full damage.
    This ability no longer restores a percentage of your Magicka or Stamina. Instead, it restores a fixed amount per hit.
    You will no longer build up extra visual effects on your weapon when this ability is cast multiple times.

Interesting, cant wait to see how this affects my nb tank build

You will likely not be pleased. There's a post about it here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/200972/siphoning-strikes#latest

I'd like to hear what you think!

tried siphoning attacks out in IC and heres what I think so far:

per hit, im getting 931 mag and stam back, tho im not sure how exactly thit is calculated if its not on a percent of max basis. since ive got about 23000 magicka, 3% of that is about 690(which is what i should be getting with SA now). So im getting more back per hit than i was before. also, only non basic attacks can proc additional regeneration, which unfortunately has been lowered from a total of 15% (about 3.4k for my max magicka) to only 1862 magicka and stamina. so it restores a little more than half of what it used to. The skill costs less than 2k mag for me, which leads to a buff to the skill in that it is no longer a toggle. I cant tell you enough about how i wished a had another ability slot on my off bar.(right now it will be dark cloak for a self purge).

When i entered cyrodiil to try it out, i found that u will probably not be able to use this skill the same way as before. So as a tank, no more randomly getting back to max resources by spamming sap in the middle of a big crowd, or atleast not nearly as consistently as before given that sap now costs more that siphon will restore. Of course, if u happen to get multiple procs in a row it can still happen, but you'll now need basically double the amount of procs from the new siphon to restore the same amount as the old siphon. But before you go and throw this ability off your bar, its definitely worth noting the largest buff that this ability got imo; theres no more dmg debuff for using this skill. in pvp, my nb tank was in a wierd spot in pre IC where i would spam sap in a crowd and stay alive for quite some time but i just couldnt kill anything! In IC on pts, it felt like i had some weight behind my attacks, and i can say with satisfaction i killed multiple ppl by myself without any pesky reduction in damage. i mean really, between relentless focus( for stam regen) now needing only 4 hits and the incapacitating strike ultimate(very cheap) ive basically got two powerful nukes at my disposal.

the nerfs to the ability are far more apparent imo in pve. since dmg as a tank arent nearly as important in pve since all i need to concentrate on is holding aggro and not dying. i definitely felt i was running out of resources much too quickly when trying to tank pve, mostly against bosses in the IC sewers. A tripot held me up a little longer, but i just couldnt stay up for the whole fight. Maybe it was because it took my v13 toon against a v16 boss? Maybe because i was with random pugs? Im not the best of the best, but im no noob. definitely not feeling this skill in pve.

overall
    in pvp: Im liking this. whats the point of the old siphoning attacks with a bunch of regen if u cant kill anything yourself? with the new version, casting sap now gives me a 20% spell power buff(instead of just negating the dmg debuff of siphoning attacks) and on top of that sap essence just got a straight up dmg buff as well.siphoning restores enough to keep my resources up for most fights, tho i definitely wont last forever

in pve: not feeling this one, dmg output is not nearly as important when tanking in dungeons. but in all seriousness i rly might just have to suck it up and keep using this skill if i want to pve tank with my nb still. Because if not siphoning attacks for resource management, what else have i got?

for me i felt the usefulness of the skill kind of swapped from what it was before. SA used to be very good in pve( tanking wise) and not so much in pvp. now it seems far more appealing in pvp than it does in pve.

Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
    Options
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone clarify a vampire change for me please.

Patch notes say i need an ability slotted to gain use of the passive, would i need an ability on both bars or just one?

Thanks in advance.
    Options
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

Patch notes say i need an ability slotted to gain use of the passive, would i need an ability on both bars or just one?

Thanks in advance.

One of the first things I tested... Yes, you need vamp abilities on both bars.

I tested by checking my mag and stam regen numbers between bars with and without a vamp ability.
    Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

Options
    • revonine
      revonine
      ✭✭✭✭
      revonine wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

One of the first things I tested... Yes, you need vamp abilities on both bars.

I tested by checking my mag and stam regen numbers between bars with and without a vamp ability.

Had a feeling this would be the case. Thanks for your answer. Gonna have to rethink my skill setup I reckon.
      Options
    • AssaultLemming
      AssaultLemming
      ✭✭✭✭
      • You will no longer regenerate stamina while blocking.
      • Reduced the cost of class stamina abilities by 20% so they are equivalent to weapon abilities.

Nightblade
      • Refreshing Shadows (passive): Adjusted this ability from 15/30% Stamina recovery to 7/15% Stamina, Health and Magicka recovery.

Weapon
      • Dual Wield
        • Whirling Blades (Whirlwind morph): This ability now applies Major Endurance instead of giving Stamina. We also reduced the cost of this ability by approximately 15%.

As near as I can tell from comparing PTS to Live, these changes in a stamina Nightblade result in a significant reduction in the ability to move and fight during combat. There is an overall reduction in both Max Stamina and Stamina Regeneration. The reduction in the cost of abilities is not enough to offset the use of stamina during combat, the smaller stamina pool, the slower regeneration, and the dodge penalty. The limited mobility during combat eliminates any feeling of being nimble. (Edit: it is like he aged 30 years overnight)

Another thing to note is that the reduction in stamina and stamina regen makes sneaking consume stamina much faster on PTS than it does on Live. Sneaky Nightblades are noticeably less sneaky. (Actually, everyone is) While the PVP people might not like sneaky Nightblades, the PVE folk like me do.

Yep my stam blade felt significantly weaker dps wise while also now I can't dodge roll, block, or heal. GG zos.
      Options
    • Robotmafia
      Robotmafia
      ✭✭✭
      Lorkhan wrote: »
      9AvXaFe.gif

this xD
      Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
      Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
      Options
    • Robotmafia
      Robotmafia
      ✭✭✭
      Ezareth wrote: »
      @ZOS_GinaBruno
      Is the cost increase on dodge roll stacking as well? Could you clarify this please?
      There's a note in general gameplay that states the following:

for how long? 4 seconds like bolt escape?
      Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
      Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
      Options
    • charlmgn
      charlmgn
      ✭✭✭
      To all those who are in an uproar about the nerf to Supernatural Recovery, do you know any vampire who's not going to have Drain Essence on his bar with its restrictions lifted? From the description, you can continually drain an enemy while healing yourself 10% every second. I think that's worth putting it on your bar, which will keep your passive.
      Vampire
      Reduced the fire damage you receive to 25% from 40%.
      Drain Essence: This ability now restores 10% of your health every second, and stuns your target on activation. It can be used on CC-immune targets, and can be used all the time (it no longer activates the Feed debuff).
      Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.
      Options
    • Sha_dow
      Sha_dow
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

why has the werewolf not gained any significent update?

You have ignored over 400 comments on the Dev developement area for months, evne though we have specifically asked you for feedback and information and now even with the Imperial City on its way the werewolf has been overlooked again

" We value your feedback" - Really?

" we listen to our player base" Really?

nice to see my hopes have been yet again let down.

Thanks.

Options
    • Zsymon
      Zsymon
      ✭✭✭✭
      With Bolt Escape completely wrecked by various nerfs, I think the least that can be done is dramatically increase its teleport range. Because in its current state, no one is ever going to use this ability or either of its morphs.

It would probably be best to just remove this ability and replace it with something else.
      Options
    • Leandor
      Leandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      With Bolt Escape completely wrecked by various nerfs, I think the least that can be done is dramatically increase its teleport range. Because in its current state, no one is ever going to use this ability or either of its morphs.

It would probably be best to just remove this ability and replace it with something else.
      Really? Hello, my name is "no one".
      Options
    • Freeman
      Freeman
      ✭✭✭
      Vonovosi wrote: »
      so ZOS is giving us 2 new VR ranks but the only players who will be able to acquire the matts to craft v16 gear will be the ones who purchase the new DLC. Can Gina Bruno or anyone at ZOS explain how this is anything other than a paywall? It states quit clearly in the patch notes that practically all the matts required to craft v15-16 gear are exclusively available in the IC. It has been stated by ZOS that any systemic changes in the game would be available as free update and not hiding in a paid DLC. Every other crafting matt is freely available to any player in the game. I was not planning on buying this DLC but now I don't see any way around purchasing this s**t. I am glad I saved up 4700 clown points before I stopped subbing so I don't have to actually give ZOS any real money.

@Vonovosi

You can get the mats from deconstructing any V15 or V16 gear from ANY dungeon that's scaled up to that level. OR you can buy the mats when they show up on the guild traders. No purchasing of IC required if you don't want to go into IC. Do your own homework next time before spreading misinformation.
      Options
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Freeman wrote: »

@Vonovosi

You can get the mats from deconstructing any V15 or V16 gear from ANY dungeon that's scaled up to that level. OR you can buy the mats when they show up on the guild traders. No purchasing of IC required if you don't want to go into IC. Do your own homework next time before spreading misinformation.

You won't be able to get the water for alchemy or the potency runes for enchanting unless you buy the DLC or buy them from guilds. What's more, initial impressions from the PTS indicate a very low rate from deconstruction.

If you want to harvest your own materials then you will have to buy the DLC.
      Options
    • Darlgon
      Darlgon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hamrb wrote: »
      Whats happening with grouping cross faction for dungeons. any timeline with that? and will it work with trials/dsa??

Thats in the dreamworld of the last twenty minutes of Quakecon. It may happen in a year, or, like spell-crafting and jewelry crafting promised the previous year, happen some time in the next twenty years.
      Power level to CP160 in a week:
      Where is the end game? You just played it.
      Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
      Where is new content? Sigh.
      Options
    • Darlgon
      Darlgon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Freeman wrote: »

@Vonovosi

You won't be able to get the water for alchemy or the potency runes for enchanting unless you buy the DLC or buy them from guilds. What's more, initial impressions from the PTS indicate a very low rate from deconstruction.

If you want to harvest your own materials then you will have to buy the DLC.

Umm.. no.no nodes to harvest your own materials inside IC either.
      MSchroeder wrote: »
      You can craft VR 15 and VR 16 items, using materials gained from exploring the Imperial City - either through deconstructing the items you find there, or purchasing the crafting materials directly from vendors using Tel Var Stones. (The Imperial City has no crafting nodes, because it's both totally urbanized and totally destroyed.) Those materials can then be sold on Guild Stores or traded to other players.

Not exactly sure how non-smiths/clothiers/woodworkes are supposed to get mats but buying from the TV merchants with stones.
      Edited by Darlgon on 30 July 2015 15:38
      Power level to CP160 in a week:
      Where is the end game? You just played it.
      Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
      Where is new content? Sigh.
      Options
    • alaiham2002
      whats the patch size?
      Options
    • Naphariel
      Naphariel
      ✭✭✭
      Added a new Essence rune, and its associated new enchantments.
      This Essence rune can be acquired by completing particularly dangerous content within the Imperial City.

Do we know what the new enchant is yet?
      Options
    • Uriel_Nocturne
      Uriel_Nocturne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      charlmgn wrote: »
      To all those who are in an uproar about the nerf to Supernatural Recovery, do you know any vampire who's not going to have Drain Essence on his bar with its restrictions lifted? From the description, you can continually drain an enemy while healing yourself 10% every second. I think that's worth putting it on your bar, which will keep your passive.
      Vampire
      Reduced the fire damage you receive to 25% from 40%.
      Drain Essence: This ability now restores 10% of your health every second, and stuns your target on activation. It can be used on CC-immune targets, and can be used all the time (it no longer activates the Feed debuff).
      Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.
      My only question to what's in the PTS patch notes goes right along with the Vampire changes.

Drain Essence before this change: Does **** Damage/sec over 5sec. Essence Drain heals you 150% of the damage inflicted/sec over the duration.

The change will make Drain Essence heal yourself 10% every second for the duration; but is that 10% of the damage inflicted per second? Or is that 10% of your PC's maximum health per second?

That's my only real question about these changes that are in testing.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
    • Merlin13KAGL
      Merlin13KAGL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      WebBull wrote: »

Pretty much. Sorcs are just fine, I've fought some of them already and yeah you can no longer blink 20 times in a row and tank 10 people with a 30k+ damage shield, but Sorcs are still very viable. Just L2Adapt issues.
      No hyperbole here. You can't do that now on live unless the 10 people suck on a monumental level.

BE will be used more for the offensive skill it can be used for now. Weaker shields won't be as significant, as TTK will go up (and time to react/respond will go down) leading to the frantic need to shield being less than on live.

From the time spent on PTS already, your PvP only / PvE only setups are not going to be quite as effective, given the mix of both in IC.

The skillsets will get mixed up again. Sorc will still be quite manageable, as will every other class. Gameplay will just change a bit, and that's not a bad thing.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
      I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
      Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
      Options
    • Mix
      Mix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Preyfar wrote: »
      I really assume the Argonian racial passive was a simple error. A 2% increase to the bonus from potions... every 45 seconds. I assume they also doubled our 3% hp bonus to 6% like they did with Nords and with Wood Elf stamina??? Please??? AT LEAST????

To be honest, I was expecting a meaningless change to Argonian passives, alongside something like "Increased swim speed boost to +53% from +50%", but I was really, REALLY hoping to be pleasantly surprised. <Sigh>
      Yeah, I was really hoping Argonians would have racial passives that were improved, but I'm REALLY disappointed. Unless you're a healer Argonians STILL have the single worst passives.

Sorry, but why would Argonian passives benefit a healer most? To me they would benefit a tank the most. (not that they are anywhere close to the best 'tank' race)

I see many people mistake the final passive of % healing received as one that increases healing done...

In summary, Argonians learn resto staves faster (woohoo, pointless once max level), swim speed, on drinking potions receive a % of health/magicka/stam back, Poison/Disease resist and % max hp and % increased healing received.

I always play Argonians in Elder Scrolls games, so I will be Argonian for life:) Hopefully this is one of many changes that will come in the future of the game, or they can add a lot more water for the swim speed racial! If underwater zones are added we better be able to breathe underwater!
      Options