• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    I don't understand this note:
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): Instead of a direct heal, this ability will now reduce the amount health by 25% and apply a heal over 3 ticks. We also increased the damage versus off-balance by 25%.

Does it do any damage, or does it reduce target max HP by 25%? or?

Let me take a whack at it. On live, flame lash heals you with an instant and single large heal similar to the amount of damage it does (along with hitting the enemy) with no resource cost against off balance targets. The patch note indicates to me that they have turned that into a short HoT and additionally made it deal higher damage to off balanced opponents (25% more damage).

=)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Asia_Skyly
    ✭✭✭
    ... but on the whole I am very excited to see these and am hoping it brings back the combat that made me fall in love with ESO back in beta with longer fights allowing for tactics and more strategy instead of nearly action only rapid fire gameplay, and if luck holds, lag fixes! Ambivalence aside from needing to see how some of this plays out in game, I am extremely optimistic overall. If some of it stinks, it's hardly as if it can't be revised even once it goes live: MMOs evolve.

Regarding werewolves, they have needed to be worked on for ages, now. Neither the slotting nothing but being one for free stamina regeneration or the slot a skill for huge ultimate generation mechanics are good. Complaining about the change here is missing for forest for the trees.

I hope everyone can appreciate that there is a tremendous amount of work in here. Whether or not we agree with all of these changes, that is to be discussed, and hopefully impacted, before it goes live at the end of August. I can't wait to get home and get on the PTS!

Options
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    I don't understand this note:
    Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): Instead of a direct heal, this ability will now reduce the amount health by 25% and apply a heal over 3 ticks. We also increased the damage versus off-balance by 25%.

Does it do any damage, or does it reduce target max HP by 25%? or?

Let me take a whack at it. On live, flame lash heals you with an instant and single large heal similar to the amount of damage it does (along with hitting the enemy) with no resource cost against off balance targets. The patch note indicates to me that they have turned that into a short HoT and additionally made it deal higher damage to off balanced opponents (25% more damage).

=)

I hope you're right and they've just garbled their sentences. I could live with that change...
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asia_Skyly wrote: »
    ... but on the whole I am very excited to see these and am hoping it brings back the combat that made me fall in love with ESO back in beta with longer fights allowing for tactics and more strategy instead of nearly action only rapid fire gameplay, and if luck holds, lag fixes! Ambivalence aside from needing to see how some of this plays out in game, I am extremely optimistic overall. If some of it stinks, it's hardly as if it can't be revised even once it goes live: MMOs evolve.

Regarding werewolves, they have needed to be worked on for ages, now. Neither the slotting nothing but being one for free stamina regeneration or the slot a skill for huge ultimate generation mechanics are good. Complaining about the change here is missing for forest for the trees.

I hope everyone can appreciate that there is a tremendous amount of work in here. Whether or not we agree with all of these changes, that is to be discussed, and hopefully impacted, before it goes live at the end of August. I can't wait to get home and get on the PTS!

It's definitely no small task, to say the least! I'll be plowing into it and making my feedback over the next couple of weeks... Just organizing a patch note document that big is a job. Designing it is a tremendous amount of work, like you said =).

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, your telling me to drop ww (all drawbacks) , make a magicka NB or a sorc and be a vampire as theres enough 'tweaks' to bypass the entirety of the extra fire dmg?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to know that ZOS is once again taking away my speed (this time with the bow passive hasty retreat). And it will suck that NB's can no longer use Spectre's Eye with their skill Double take to get a 40% dodge chance :(...... iverall it seems to be a great patch. GJ guys!
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol argonian and nords still remain the weakest race with the worst possible passives, first ZOS was hyping up argonian and nord buffs and then they come up with this... this is so pathetic.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Ipsius wrote: »
    I now learned that Siphoning Strikes will be 10 second buff you have to recast over and over and over and over. Anyone giving input on the PTS, please join me in protesting this skill-ruining change. Ugh...

Good news I guess is that means you only need it on one bar...of course for me on console that means another skill I have track without a timer because this game insists that timers would ruin immersion.

Or you can look at the glow on your weapon and when it disappear activate the skill again.
    Options
  • DigitalCow
    Thank you ZOS, for listening to the community. ESO will live forever!
    Edited by DigitalCow on 28 July 2015 21:38
    Options
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the effort!

I give it an overall score of... Drum Roll Please....

Abysmal.

RIP Tanks.
    RIP WW.
    RIP Vamp.
    RIP Feedback.

Surprise! No new mechanics to offset to loss of stamina regeneration while tanking.
    >>>Shocked Face<<<

NO TESTING REQUIRED!
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is the cost increase on dodge roll stacking as well? Could you clarify this please?
    There's a note in general gameplay that states the following:
    • The cost of each roll dodge will increase by 33% after your first roll dodge.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks that is the quote I was referring to. Just to confirm this is a stacking consecutive increase(+33%+66%+100% etc) and the cooldown is 4 seconds as well just like bolt escape or does it have a different cooldown to reset the cost back to normal?

Thanks!
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have to point out this patch note.... for awesomeness:
    •Rushed Ceremony: The animation for this ability is now faster, resulting in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed. This ability will also no longer heal friendly critters. You’re on your own, deer!

:D
    Halfwitte wrote: »
    Thanks for the effort!
    Abysmal. RIP Tanks. RIP WW. RIP Vamp. RIP Feedback. Surprise! No new mechanics to offset to loss of stamina regeneration while tanking.
    >>>Shocked Face<<<
    NO TESTING REQUIRED!

You're right that no testing is required... since you already could have done it on live ;) pretty much.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 28 July 2015 21:42

Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Excited to play some on the PTS tonight!!
    Options
  • CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    So wood is better then red now >< lol
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is the cost increase on dodge roll stacking as well? Could you clarify this please?
    There's a note in general gameplay that states the following:
    • The cost of each roll dodge will increase by 33% after your first roll dodge.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks that is the quote I was referring to. Just to confirm this is a stacking consecutive increase(+33%+66%+100% etc) and the cooldown is 4 seconds as well just like bolt escape or does it have a different cooldown to reset the cost back to normal?

Thanks!

Sounds it, but I'd appreciate a clarification too :), @Ezareth. My patcher is still doing its thing for now.

Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagrenac's Hope: This item set now also grants Spell Damage for the 5-piece bonus.

So does this mean it has the spell power boost equivalent like hunding's rage set weapon power.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we get a veterinarian sever because a level 10 is now level 50. So what there saying is that you don't have to play the game because when you go to pts your a veterinarian so. All the people that worked to get to veterinarian good job but we don't care lets make your hard work for nothing.

What I don't get is we can't play on severs 1-49 but they can play on the veteran server. Know with the new update make a new charter get him or her to level 10 then join the vet sever and your a level 50.

A lot of my friends 346 of them do not like this update all we wont is to have vet servers. What we don't want is level 10 become level 50 when there going on the servers 1-14v severs. I know your trying to help low levels but making them level 50 that has mad a lot of people made.
    @Greatargonianelder I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, but nothing here is any different than normal. In Cyrodiil, Level 10-49 players have always been scaled up to Level 50 (VR12).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No nirnhoned fix, no mace fix GG ZENI
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »

They already mentioned that nirnhoned was fixed in the notes. Just read the things....

Maces aren't bugged.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Ipsius wrote: »
    I now learned that Siphoning Strikes will be 10 second buff you have to recast over and over and over and over. Anyone giving input on the PTS, please join me in protesting this skill-ruining change. Ugh...

Good news I guess is that means you only need it on one bar...of course for me on console that means another skill I have track without a timer because this game insists that timers would ruin immersion.

Or you can look at the glow on your weapon and when it disappear activate the skill again.

Assuming it actually even shows up, cause it doesn't always. It still doesn't tell me how long the skill has left which is important if I actually want to have a smooth rotation.
    Options
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    Have to point out this patch note.... for awesomeness:
    •Rushed Ceremony: The animation for this ability is now faster, resulting in the heal occurring sooner after the button is pressed. This ability will also no longer heal friendly critters. You’re on your own, deer!

:D
    Halfwitte wrote: »
    Thanks for the effort!
    Abysmal. RIP Tanks. RIP WW. RIP Vamp. RIP Feedback. Surprise! No new mechanics to offset to loss of stamina regeneration while tanking.
    >>>Shocked Face<<<
    NO TESTING REQUIRED!

You're right that no testing is required... since you already could have done it on live ;) pretty much.

No reason to eat excrement to know it tastes bad.

"No Testing Required" SATIRE

I don't need to test the destruction of a fundamental tanking support infrastructure that has been around since day one to know it is bad.

Again, just like I don't need to taste feculence to know it will result in the ruination of my taste buds.

Positive Feedback:
    Zenimax this is not a fun change.

Edited by Halfwitte on 28 July 2015 22:33
    Options
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So im confused, are people going to be able to see Nightblades that use Dark Cloak now? if they use an detect pot?
    Options
  • Erwen
    Erwen
    ✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

BASE-GAME PATCH

Cyrodiil Updates
    Several major updates are going into Cyrodiil this patch which will include reinforcement to Scroll Temples, Campaign changes, and quality of life adjustments.
    • The Former Emperor buffs are being removed from the game.

Congratulations on the biggest mistake (listening to crying babies) that you ever made on this game... eso is now a game for kids that dont want to fight for good things, no wonder why the best players on this game is not here anymore R.I.P. ESO... and im here waiting for black desert and camelot unchained! see you all
      Proud to be Havoc.
      Options
    • Takllin
      Takllin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lorkhan wrote: »
      Crabby654 wrote: »
      Hmm. It could be a knee jerk reaction, but is being a vampire now just detrimental to the player? With the Supernatural Recovery passive requiring a slotted vampire ability. I feel like no one will really play vampires now?

"there is a difference between noone playing vampire and vampire sucking balls"

noob's logic

51800528.jpg

Many people will still be Vampires and many will still play Stamina Nightblade, don't worry. Not as many as before because people have to play that FOTM spec.

@Crabby654 If you only use Vampire purely for the stamina/magicka regen and don't use any of the abilities, then yeah it's a detriment. It's in line with the changes they made to WW though, they want people to be a Vampire or WW and use the abilities, not just grab them for the passives without actually using any vampire abilities.
      Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
      Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
      Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
      Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
      Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
      Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
      Options
    • Crabby654
      Crabby654
      ✭✭
      Takllin wrote: »
      Lorkhan wrote: »
      Crabby654 wrote: »
      Hmm. It could be a knee jerk reaction, but is being a vampire now just detrimental to the player? With the Supernatural Recovery passive requiring a slotted vampire ability. I feel like no one will really play vampires now?

"there is a difference between noone playing vampire and vampire sucking balls"

noob's logic

51800528.jpg

Many people will still be Vampires and many will still play Stamina Nightblade, don't worry. Not as many as before because people have to play that FOTM spec.

@Crabby654 If you only use Vampire purely for the stamina/magicka regen and don't use any of the abilities, then yeah it's a detriment. It's in line with the changes they made to WW though, they want people to be a Vampire or WW and use the abilities, not just grab them for the passives without actually using any vampire abilities.

Ya I see your point. I was always a fan of being a vampire in all the ES games and just forgetting I had it haha. But I guess it'll be a nice change to go back to being a good old normal Dunmer and not be so pale!
      Options
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Unstable Core (Eclipse morph): This ability now deals additional damage.
      How much more damage on Eclipse?
      Unstable Core damage was increased by approximately 40% (we'll add this to the patch notes in the OP).

Vatter wrote: »
      will detect pots still work on disappearing NB's?
      Yes, detection potions will let you see a Nightblade using Shadow Cloak. Note that the single target damage immunity on Shadow Cloak will not work if the enemy has revealed you with Magelight or Revealing Flare.

During ESO Live events we were told there are going to be changes done to taunting, especially fixing taunt immunity. Cant find anything about it in PTS notes, @ZOS_GinaBruno is it going to be on PTS and is just missing from patch notes or this idea was dropped and wont be introduced to game?
      Yes, apologies. Taunt immunity will no longer be triggered if only one player is taunting the monster.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Options
      Staff Post
    • AshTal
      AshTal
      ✭✭✭✭
      Did I miss something or wasn't the Argonian, Orc and Nord all meant to get their Racial passives improved a lot in this update. The Argonian bonus hardly seems noticeable. The Argonian really needs a better set of passives right now they suck. Add to that one of the already over powered ones since the removal of the soft cap the High Elf Gets an even bigger bonus.

Please tell me that the Argonian, Orc and Nord bonuses are still coming and this isn't it.
      Options
    • Baphomet
      Baphomet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maces are apparently bugeed. Two-handed at least - you can make them ignore 100% armor rating.

No fixes to the wonky targeting of radiant oppresion? Sometimes it won't execute, other times, it only ticks for a few ticks, other times it just cancels... and this is without the target purging, purifying, blocks, dodge-rolls, interupts, gets out of range, breaks LOS etc.

Great that all abilities now have the same 1 sec cooldown... but why does radiant have a 1 sec cast time before it executes due to slow animation?

BoL animation was improved, but not sun shield?

And why isn't dark flare's debuff animation synced to its impact yet?? The debuff animation plays 1 sec before the projectile hits, so the target has ample time to see it coming and dodge/block - unacceptable.

Yeah, I am taking the templar's side here, because they are thoroughly getting shafted and ignored - again!
      - The Psijic Order
      - TKO
      - Dominant Dominion
      - The Noore
      Options
    • Attorneyatlawl
      Attorneyatlawl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      "Halfwitte wrote: »
      Thanks for the effort! I give it an overall score of... Drum Roll Please....
      >>>Shocked Face<<<
      NO TESTING REQUIRED!

No reason to eat (edited out profanity) to know it tastes bad.

I wouldn't know... instead of complaining, I've been brainstorming with quite a number of other players to make an assessment. Try it sometime.
      Zavus wrote: »

They already mentioned that nirnhoned was fixed in the notes. Just read the things....

Maces aren't bugged.

I still have seen zero evidence from anyone that they're bugged, to date. I did some cursory testing and saw no indication of it being glitched or oddities which made me think any more was warranted, after having seen a large number of posts that it was completely and outright broken somehow bypassing 100% of an enemy's mitigation alone. My guess is that it is largely parroting off of "I heard this!", from the current knowledge I have of it.

________

@ZOS_GinaBruno EDIT: or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, any chance of some of these questions being pinged? :)http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2078562/#Comment_2078562
      Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 28 July 2015 22:54

Wow ton of fixes. I'm glad to see you guys actually listen to our feedback unlike many games and their admins do
      Live in the light, but play in the dark
      Options