Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.1

• Anxileel
    Anxileel
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks need love too; we have been nerfed enough.
    Change the 0% Stamina Regeneration whilst Blocking to a 50% reduction so that both sides can be happy and continue playing the game.
    The Argonians shall rise and the CHEESE will be endless.
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 0 stamina regen while blocking nerf is unjustified and lack any logical reason behind it.

Any compromise will hurt PVE tanks.

making it 50% instead of 0 will make it only 50% less unfair.

There was nothing wrong with stamina regenerating while blocking in PVE tanking. 100% stamina regen while blocking is what PVE tanks deserve.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    Drain Essence is useless now. Now it is not vampiric drain but just damage+control spell. Useless for me who active used it in my adventures. I don't want this fix.

it's been buffed... it heals 10% per tick
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drain Essence is useless now. Now it is not vampiric drain but just damage+control spell. Useless for me who active used it in my adventures. I don't want this fix.

You can simply sneak behind a human npc and activate the Feed synnergy. Feeding isnt very useful though, it increases you health regen a bit but it also increases the cost of vamp skills. Personally I always stayed in stage 4 to get the most vamp cost reduction, every vamp I know did exactly the same.

In Cyrodiil vamps still take extra 50% fire damage so I wont consider being a vamp until they fix this.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anxileel wrote: »
    Tanks need love too; we have been nerfed enough.
    Change the 0% Stamina Regeneration whilst Blocking to a 50% reduction so that both sides can be happy and continue playing the game.

They should changd the 5-piece heavy armor passive to allow 50% stam regen while blocking.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it has been mentioned before but I have to reiterate how useless the Templar's shield has become!!!
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I know it has been mentioned before but I have to reiterate how useless the Templar's shield has become!!!

Agree, Im not even a templar but I see the shields pop in one hit from ppl.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 0 stamina regen while blocking nerf is unjustified and lack any logical reason behind it.

Any compromise will hurt PVE tanks.

making it 50% instead of 0 will make it only 50% less unfair.

There was nothing wrong with stamina regenerating while blocking in PVE tanking. 100% stamina regen while blocking is what PVE tanks deserve.

While changes require no justification, it is nice to understand them and it's in the best overall interest of ESO to keep players involved and updated on such things.

The reason for the change was provided by ZOS... to intentionally make stamina resource management a more significant trade off for blocking than it was before. In other words, to make the game more difficult. This is an overarching game design decision to increase difficulty. Therefore logic is irrelevant.

If "the hurt" as you put it was in reference to making gameplay more difficult for PvE tanks, then that is what ZOS wanted to do.

Edit: I know they've received requests to not do this, but seeing as how Wrobel gave zero sense for flexibility, I don't think he'll change it much if at all.

Edited by Sacadon on 5 August 2015 11:52
    Options
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭

You can simply sneak behind a human npc and activate the Feed synnergy. Feeding isnt very useful though, it increases you health regen a bit but it also increases the cost of vamp skills. Personally I always stayed in stage 4 to get the most vamp cost reduction, every vamp I know did exactly the same.

In Cyrodiil vamps still take extra 50% fire damage so I wont consider being a vamp until they fix this.

Drain Essence is not the same thing as feeding. Feeding change your stage of Vampirism, Drain Essence is the skill you can simply cast to do damage and leech health, but you still keep Vamp 4 stage.
    Edited by Maphusail on 5 August 2015 12:51
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tri Focus (passive):

Heavy Frost attacks now grant a damage shield for 4/8% of your maximum health.

Given that shields can now be critted, and the fact that any remaining damage after the bubble is used up hits you with 0% armor mitigation, why would it be a good idea to add this new shield to the game?

Why would I want a ~2k (-50% after nerf) shield that will result in me taking full, mitigationless damage from someones uber crit?
    Edited by Armitas on 5 August 2015 22:17
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo is the only place to get v16 ravager gear from the "rewards of the worthy" mails from the top 10% of the pvp boards or 1st place in you alliance at the campaign end?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Tri Focus (passive):

Heavy Frost attacks now grant a damage shield for 4/8% of your maximum health.

Given that shields can now be critted, and the fact that any remaining damage after the bubble is used up hits you with 0% armor mitigation, why would it be a good idea to add this new shield to the game?

Why would I want a ~2k shield that will result in me taking full, mitigationless damage from someones uber crit?

Fire staff will still be the best choice generally, lightning staff coming in a second. But ice staff will still be more or less the worst choice by far.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Sooo is the only place to get v16 ravager gear from the "rewards of the worthy" mails from the top 10% of the pvp boards or 1st place in you alliance at the campaign end?

Dont think that set will come as v16, unless they come from worthy bags. But they didnt publish pvp bags to v16, still only v14.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »

Dont think that set will come as v16, unless they come from worthy bags. But they didnt publish pvp bags to v16, still only v14.

Q: "Will PVP bags / elite vendor items be scaled to v16? Or can you only get them from Rewards for the Worthy bags?
    A: Rewards for the Worthy and Leaderboard rewards will scale to VR16, based on your character’s level and Veteran Rank. The PVP vendor items are not changing at this time.
    "
    Q: "What is being added to the new Rewards for the Worthy bags with the release of the Imperial City base-game patch?
    A: Rewards for the Worthy bags now have a chance to drop VR15 and VR16 item sets. These items sets are improved versions of 11 existing sets.
    "

They have come from the rewards bags in the past that's why i'm wondering.....if so it would be the ONLY way to acquire it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you elaborate on which 11 sets this comment refers to? does "improved" mean new sets all together at v15/16 (new names for example)? or existing same sets "improved" to v15/16? The comment is vague and I certainly wont be testing it by getting top 10% in PTS PvP :/

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_BrianWheeler As mostly a PVEr, it was hard enough to get gear gated behind purchasing from someone that PvPed in general. My understanding is I now have to buy it (v16 ravager for example) from someone in the top 10%, who got lucky on RNG AND didn't want it themselves. It may be quite impossible to get it if that is the case.
    Edited by Cuyler on 5 August 2015 20:53
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    The requirements for the glass motif looks steep. What about the required writs?

1: With new mats coming out, will the writs have a new level on them?
    - a: If so, turned in where? Will people need access to IC?
    - b: If so, farmable how? Can they only be acquired in group PvE or stealing (decon), or PvP (purchase)? Writs require a lot of mats.
    - c: If so, will they still drop surveys? Will these surverys still drop crux?
    Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you (the devs) all high?!? You buffed Bosmer and Altmer and barely gave a thing to Argonians?

Seriously?!?! I can't even. You have no sense of balance or fairness in this game.

I don't even have the words to describe how pissed off and frustrated I am. You obviously don't know how your own game works. Max stats, regen and cost reduction are what matter, not useless swim speed and passives Iinked to consumables.

Sorry, ZOS, but you're going to have to redesign the Argonian passives. You messed up. You didn't know that the game was going to not have soft caps when you designed the passives. So own your mistakes and make amends for all us Argonians getting shafted by your poor balance and game design.
    Edited by Junkogen on 6 August 2015 03:14
    Options
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    Pappa wrote: »
    Arrows are now easier to see while they’re traveling to your knee.

busted @ZOS_GinaBruno ;)

I seriously died laughing when I came to that part. Either someone needed to break up the monotony of their work with that huge list of patch notes, or they're trying to see if we're paying attention. Either way I appreciated the humor.
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
    Options
  • Lilbrinx32
    Lilbrinx32
    Soul Shriven
    So how much will this cost? Just so I can get it right away.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilbrinx32 wrote: »
    So how much will this cost? Just so I can get it right away.
    @Lilbrinx32 Imperial City will cost 2,500 Crowns. (The base-game patch, or "Update 7" if you rather, will be free.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • InsidiousMagnus
    I really like the IC with all the changes and especially the armors. But with the concerning the armor motifs. Right now you can only make the Glass & Imperial/Deadric armor but it would be really cool if you could also make the Daggerfall Armor, Pact Armor and the Dominion armor. I realize these armor's are to signify that they are Tel Var armor's but some of us will not get Tel Var armor but we still like the armor styles. its just a thought but either way the IC is still amazing! :smiley:
    Options
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poison will now scale off of Weaopn Power or Spell Power.

So does this mean my magicka build templar can pick up a bow and use the poison morph of snipe and it will scale off of my spell power?
    Options
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I wonder is : does it use the best value or the sum of spell power and weapon power?
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kulvar wrote: »
    What I wonder is : does it use the best value or the sum of spell power and weapon power?

Best value.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's all Argonians are getting? Ok :|
    I'll just be over here waiting for race changes to be a thing I guess.
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »
    The requirements for the glass motif looks steep. What about the required writs?

1: With new mats coming out, will the writs have a new level on them?
    - a: If so, turned in where? Will people need access to IC?
    - b: If so, farmable how? Can they only be acquired in group PvE or stealing (decon), or PvP (purchase)? Writs require a lot of mats.
    - c: If so, will they still drop surveys? Will these surverys still drop crux?

@snackrat:
    one of my buddies has tried doing equipment writs on PTS. The new top level writs still require making items with CURRENT materials (shadowhide, voidstone, voidcloth, sanded nightwood), and surveys are still for Craglorn locations. Note that one of the upcoming changes in 2.1 is that survey sites in LOWER Crag will also have a chance of dropping nirncrux. (I think this is already in place for consoles, but will be included with 2.1 for PC/mac).
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Can't say I am in love with the healing nerf and I didn't find the damage reduction helped things in that area. Just curious - why the change?
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on 10 August 2015 01:11
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • MarthaRules
    Don't know if this has been asked but I have a question that has been weighing on my mind. When the Imperial DLC is released will you be able to buy it once and it work on ALL players on your xbox one who play Elder Scrolls or just the person who downloads/pays for it? Thank you.
    May your paws always find warm sands.
    Miss Kitty Softpaws - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Leader of KHAJIIT UNITED PAWS (all khajiit welcome to join)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Xbox One NA Server MarthaRules
    Twitter: MarthaRulesRPG
    Line App: MarthaRules
    Facebook: MarthaRules
    Pinterest: marthagames77
    blogwhatilove.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "When you require a breeze you do NOT summon a tornado" - Kamira (Elsweyr Prologue)

Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this has been asked but I have a question that has been weighing on my mind. When the Imperial DLC is released will you be able to buy it once and it work on ALL players on your xbox one who play Elder Scrolls or just the person who downloads/pays for it? Thank you.

It will be linked per account. Just as each person that plays has to register an account, each person that wants to play will have to purchase the DLC. There is a base "1.7" patch, and all will get that for free. But the DLC is linked to an account.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    @snackrat:
    one of my buddies has tried doing equipment writs on PTS. The new top level writs still require making items with CURRENT materials (shadowhide, voidstone, voidcloth, sanded nightwood), and surveys are still for Craglorn locations. Note that one of the upcoming changes in 2.1 is that survey sites in LOWER Crag will also have a chance of dropping nirncrux. (I think this is already in place for consoles, but will be included with 2.1 for PC/mac).

...in which case there is TOTALLY a reason for me to continue gathering and stockpiling them for my own writs before there's too much competition or their prices rocket. Thank you very much @davidbarryb16_ESO!

Options
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    you lose all ur tel var stones if ur killed by someone? wth? why would they even think to put that in game . that is beyond annoying .
    Options