The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15 GB Patch on PS4

• FMarin83
    FMarin83
    After reading about the stuff going on at launch at PC I chose to wait til it came out on PS4. A year later it seems it hasn't gotten much better.
    There is no try.
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    I was wonder what this is about? 15 gig, 3 hour + download for a patch? I hope this is not the norm ??? I didn't see any news about this just "here's 15 gigs to download, enjoy."
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devve wrote: »
    no this rediculus. this is almost the entire games file size on pc

The game file size for pc is approximately 42gb.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Kylarstern91
    Wow....
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    15gb.....these "hotfixes" are even worse than warframe`s.....i have only 60gb free space left....
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • pmitchell126b16_ESO
    WTF A 15GB PATCH?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikey27 wrote: »
    15gb is this serious???
    Total is now 70gb for one game we only get 500gb and mine is under 50 already...

This is not cumulative. Once the patch is installed, the patch files are deleted.

Also, the patch likely contains a lot more than what is included in the patch notes. The patch notes should be considered more of a highlights. They can also include future material for DLC and crown store in these patches so that they can be turned on at a later date without downloading more material.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    I will say the world is huge.
    There is no try.
  • lifeisflimsy
    lifeisflimsy
    Soul Shriven
    PLEASE tell me this isn't true. I have terribly slow internet and 15 gig will take me 3 days to download. If this is the norm for this game, I'll have to updgrade my internet faster than I thought.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STOP THE ANGER TRAIN I NEEDS TA GET OFF!

Lol guys and gals i normally jump on the anger train with things like this but seriously i think there is alot more to this than meets the eye.

We are expecting update 7 and imperial city very shortly this patch may just be laying the ground for all of it behind closed doors.
    Edited by Heromofo on 24 June 2015 13:57
  • Triskwood
    Triskwood
    15 GB for a ..patch? I'm sorry.. ? What the.. ***?

You expect this for an expansion.. not some bug fixes and changes. Can we please get a ZOS post explaining why this is so big?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    15 gig is not the size of the game on PC. My ESO folder is over 85 gigs. This is normal for PC users. Our last incermental patch was 6 gigs and didnt really fix much of anything.
  • EtheralWolf
    EtheralWolf
    Soul Shriven
    mine says 6 hours xD i might put my ps4 in rest mode and hope for the best
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missbizz that's all well but going off the patch notes there's hardly anything...at least not 15gb worth

@frenchyuk86 Make sure to put the @ symbol in front if you're talking to someone, so they get a notification :)

There could be a lot of work behind those little bits of notes, we have no idea. For all we know they had to edit things for each invisible NPC . I'm speaking from experience on PC patches, we have experienced some abnormally large patches when the notes were little, and then it slims down and like last week our patch was only 2.8GB.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Duerdal
    Duerdal
    ✭✭
    This patch is telling me I have 40hrs for download, Christ I've got a super fast line and should do this in no time. What the hell is with this speed.
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Heromofo wrote: »

Lol guys and gals i normally jump on the anger train with things like this but seriously i think there is alot more to this than meets the eye.

We are expecting update 7 and imperial city very shortly this patch may just be laying the ground for all of it behind closed doors.

This could be fine, if they would just come out and let us know. We are all making assumptions at this point while we wait for it to download.
    There is no try.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15gb is this serious???
    Total is now 70gb for one game we only get 500gb and mine is under 50 already...

Edit: got 31gb on my console before i update...

Sonys fault why didnt they sell 1tb/2tb systems at launch, i assumed games would be 20/25gb max so you could get 15+ games, (and they would still be tight imo..)

Games will progressively grow in size as time goes on. I'm honestly not sure why the "next-gen" consoles weren't released with larger storage capacities. Then again, I'm also not sure why they shipped without SSD's, but y'know.
    Edited by nastuug on 24 June 2015 13:59
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    15gb is this serious???

This is not cumulative. Once the patch is installed, the patch files are deleted.

Also, the patch likely contains a lot more than what is included in the patch notes. The patch notes should be considered more of a highlights. They can also include future material for DLC and crown store in these patches so that they can be turned on at a later date without downloading more material.

Ahh so we are downloading future crown items so they can activate them without a download? Much like the lioness? Nice idea i guess.

Wish they did these updates at 1-2 in the morning so i can wake up to it pre installed, but meh.
  • peej65
    peej65
    Soul Shriven
    *** take or what! Why release a game that's not ready. Then have over 30gb of data to download in first two weeks. What a joke!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FMarin83 wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »

This could be fine, if they would just come out and let us know. We are all making assumptions at this point while we wait for it to download.

Yeah but i come from the pc side we had heaps of updates that were alot bigger than the patch note this just feels right. :)

But then again my tin foil hat is hanging out to dry atm so you never know. :D
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know the size of the patch xbox received yesterday? I personally don't think this is right
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    Marcd23 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the size of the patch xbox received yesterday? I personally don't think this is right

+1 was about to ask this, dont recall them getting 15gb.
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    Let's face it they should have told us a patch was forth coming. We were thinking an hour or two of maintenance and we got a 15 gig patch. Did they hire the ex employees from the Defiance game? This is VERY sloppy communications.
    Previous MMOs: Everquest Fennin Ro 99-04 / Star Wars Galaxy Wanderhome 03-04
    World of Warcraft Whisperwind 04-12 / FF 14: ARR 14
    Named Usually: Realmreaver
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    15 gig is not the size of the game on PC. My ESO folder is over 85 gigs. This is normal for PC users. Our last incermental patch was 6 gigs and didnt really fix much of anything.
    6gb is a bit different than 15gb.... , i would be happy with 6gb every week but 15gb...no ty
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • jaredhatter01_ESO
    If this is going to be the norm on PS4, I hope they let us know. I will return the game instead of downloading 16 gigs everytime they patch on the slow PSN server speeds.
  • pmitchell126b16_ESO
    -Poor Notification
    -Poor Service

nuff said
  • frenchyuk86
    frenchyuk86
    ✭✭✭
    Let's face it they should have told us a patch was forth coming. We were thinking an hour or two of maintenance and we got a 15 gig patch. Did they hire the ex employees from the Defiance game? This is VERY sloppy communications.

News section on forums isn't even updated..
    Frenchyuk86 - PSN
    Vet 14 DragonKnight
    The Forlorn Hope Main Tank
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xVBAHmy
    Edited by Heromofo on 24 June 2015 14:08
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of other games. This is the kind of crap that makes me go play them and not return.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devve wrote: »
    no this rediculus. this is almost the entire games file size on pc

Er no.

When I downloaded the game for PC is was just about 36GB, and 2 days later there was a 21GB patch.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.