Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NBs FEAR needs a massive nerf at this current state of PvP.

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's cost you more stamina using immovable every 6 seconds then it would to just break free with the skill equipped

I am a firm believer that there is a potion for every situation.

http://esocrafting.com/alchemy-reagents-and-recipes/

Unstoppable (Restore Health and Magicka) Bugloss Columbine Namira’s Rot

Unstoppable (Restore Health and Stamina) Columbine Mountain Flower Namira’s Rot

Ravage Spell Power (Restore Health, Increase Spell resistance) Bugloss Columbine White Cap

Oh, and get Greymind Quickslot Bar. Realize you still have to activate "Q" after using the Greymind hotkey.

• RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ignorance with fear, just shows how many people spam buttons and have zero clue about actual game systems.

If fear is so 'OMFG LOL OPzors', why don't I, or even Aetcharian even, get facerolled by this fearbombing epidemic?

Especially in duels. Damn I should never win on anything except NB right?

Right. Because its a bunch of crap. Quit the whine already. Mad because Bad. Nothing more.
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on 22 April 2015 11:38
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe stam NBs are too strong, but realize that by nerfing Mass Hysteria you're also hurting magicka/sustain NBs which are (I won't say terrible) but definitely below average on the power curve right now...
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't read the whole thread, but no one can "spam" fear... after you break it you have 8 second immunity...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:27
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    Maybe stam NBs are too strong, but realize that by nerfing Mass Hysteria you're also hurting magicka/sustain NBs which are (I won't say terrible) but definitely below average on the power curve right now...

Magicka NB isn't so bad... It's better than magicka DK and Templar imo.
    Doesn't mean I want fear nerfed, personally, but it is undoubtly the strongest CC in the game, and Aspect of Terror is the best skill of the few offering it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf my NB. And I'll be a *** BoL Sorc :P
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i still havent seen a legitiment counter to Fear and all abilities in this game should have a way to counter. dont worry fear is not the only ability in the game with out a counter, petrify is another one. these two abilites are the only two instant cast abilities that you cannot dodge or block.

Because there is no real counter to these abilities through skillful play. this is why they are considered OP in there very nature. the other abilities that are similar are rune prison, agony, and spear shard. all have a cast time or an amount of time to avoid the area it will land. petrify and fear cannot be countered.

in order to balance this they need to add a 1 second cast time to petrify and fear, this will give a skillful counter to these abilities that cannot be blockable or dodgable, and dont give me you cant cast stuff because i cast stuff all the time. nightblades can still get suprise fears on people, they will just have to cast while cloaked. petrify is way too good for an isntant cast ability anyway, there is no denying that. Notice that i am not putting the cast time on par with sorc and nightblades equivalents which are 1.5 second cast times, i think 1 second cast time for petrify and fear is a good compromise, even if they are still way better then rune prison, agony and spear shard.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No to cast times on existing CC without them.

Yes to all CC being instantly breakable as it should be.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So i still havent seen a legitiment counter to Fear and all abilities in this game should have a way to counter. dont worry fear is not the only ability in the game with out a counter, petrify is another one. these two abilites are the only two instant cast abilities that you cannot dodge or block.

Because there is no real counter to these abilities through skillful play. this is why they are considered OP in there very nature. the other abilities that are similar are rune prison, agony, and spear shard. all have a cast time or an amount of time to avoid the area it will land. petrify and fear cannot be countered.

in order to balance this they need to add a 1 second cast time to petrify and fear, this will give a skillful counter to these abilities that cannot be blockable or dodgable, and dont give me you cant cast stuff because i cast stuff all the time. nightblades can still get suprise fears on people, they will just have to cast while cloaked. petrify is way too good for an isntant cast ability anyway, there is no denying that. Notice that i am not putting the cast time on par with sorc and nightblades equivalents which are 1.5 second cast times, i think 1 second cast time for petrify and fear is a good compromise, even if they are still way better then rune prison, agony and spear shard.

CC break it....

and agony and rune prison are not even that good, due to the fact they end when the target takes damage.

try another comparison.
  • pokinatchapunx
    I'm no ESO expert here. Played DAoC for many years though, and many other MMOs. All I see here is what I personally consider 99% of "nerf" complaints are about. Somebody got beaten and didn't want to admit that they were out-played. So he came to the forum to vent. OP seems to have done this before. Nerf Templars? Really?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite stamina? Most overpowered ability in the game?

NBs are strong right now, definitely, but can we please stop exaggerating?

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:38
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB's better not be the cause for my Magicka NB to get a nerf... I am already weak as it is, don't touch my magicka NB or I will leave this game... again
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 sec immunity to fear after a break free is laughable. It needs to be longer.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don;t understand why a hulking DK would be afraid of a puny little Night Blade that skulks around in the shadows anyway.
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    NB needs nerfed. Look at all the NB players sweating and trying to prove there points. In the end they need nerfed. Fear needs nerfed. :)
  • pokinatchapunx
    King Bozo wrote: »
    NB needs nerfed. Look at all the NB players sweating and trying to prove there points. In the end they need nerfed. Fear needs nerfed. :)

Says the ardent defender of the sorc class...

-_-
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf this, nerf that, nerf everything.
    Every class got pro and cons, no one of them is currently op.. not Sorc, not NB, not DK and totally not Templar.

Fear is strong, but op? It's melee range and you're able to break it instantly.. Fear spam or how you guys call it, doesn't exist.
    What about fossilize, an unblockable and undodgeable range stun with an after effect root, is that op as well? If you don't know, you can't block here either.

5 sec immunity is more than enough, otherwise use the set which increases the time of this immunity or how about using Arena set, points in Championsystem or immovable?

There are so many counters against all kind of NBs, use them. You can't expect to kill NBs without even know how to react against their builds. It's like fighting a DK with scale spam as a Bow-only player.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:29
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to instantly break fear :P. Sadly fear and some knockback effects have a slight delay when cc breaking.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I would love to instantly break fear :P. Sadly fear and some knockback effects have a slight delay when cc breaking.

If you get hit while dodging, yes.
    Same with all other stuns like wrecking blow (sometimes it ignores everything) or lovely fossilize.. Needs to get fixed.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoken like a true fearspamming NB.

Decent NBs atleast admit how horribly broken and OP it is atm.

It is not broken.
    No. I don't play a nb (just in case you were assuming)
    I play a templar.

Manage your stamina. DK's have tons of stam management. Everytime you cast an earthen heart ability you get 5% stamina.
    Dragonblood increases your stamina regen by 20%. Battle Roar gives you resources back.

Don't hold block 24/7, and you will have enough stam to break out of fear.

Every class can build to perma dodge roll.

Non blockable skills:
    DK=Petrify
    Templar=Luminous Shards
    NB=Fear
    Sorc=Rune Prison(I think it's this one)

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:39
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »

It is not broken.
    I play a templar.

Manage your stamina. DK's have tons of stam management. Everytime you cast an earthen heart ability you get 5% stamina.
    Dragonblood increases your stamina regen by 20%. Battle Roar gives you resources back.

Non blockable skills:
    DK=Petrify
    Templar=Luminous Shards
    NB=Fear

Rune Prison can be blocked unfortunately from what I recall.

The real issue is CC that isn't instantly breakable and that right now is the cause of 50-70% of my deaths in PvP right now.

It's no big deal with you're a class with a large hitpoints pool and/or large physical damage values, but when you're the squishiest class in the game, even .5 seconds extra of being unable to break free and use active defensive is often the difference between life and death.

There are a ton of nightblades who are now saving their fears for a player to dodge roll so they can do this. I've seen 3 new ones in the past few days doing it. This crap needs fixed ASAP.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:40
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    blabafat wrote: »

It is not broken.
    I play a templar.

Non blockable skills:
    DK=Petrify
    Templar=Luminous Shards
    NB=Fear

Rune Prison can be blocked unfortunately from what I recall.

The real issue is CC that isn't instantly breakable and that right now is the cause of 50-70% of my deaths in PvP right now.

It's no big deal with you're a class with a large hitpoints pool and/or large physical damage values, but when you're the squishiest class in the game, even .5 seconds extra of being unable to break free and use active defensive is often the difference between life and death.

There are a ton of nightblades who are now saving their fears for a player to dodge roll so they can do this. I've seen 3 new ones in the past few days doing it. This crap needs fixed ASAP.

Rune Prison goes through block.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:41
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk I normally never dodge. Still I find myself in a delay when trying to break fear
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    Blasphemy !!! Fear is OP don't make me laugh. I say damage shield is OP and should be nerfed.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

that much I can agree with.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Why does the immunity to fear need to be longer than to every other CC? o.O
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I havent been a steady forum browser in months but some things never change. Monkeymystic complaining about NB's ;)
    Edited by Saet on 25 April 2015 00:55
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

i want it to be equal. is the timer not 8 seconds? or did they reduce it?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

i want it to be equal. is the timer not 8 seconds? or did they reduce it?

It's 5 seconds for all CCs. It's always been that way.

HOWEVER, the Alessian Order 5pc bonus adds 3 seconds to CC immunity after breaking free, which you may be thinking of.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Didn't read the whole thread, but no one can "spam" fear... after you break it you have 8 second immunity...

Not only that, even if they don't break free, they automatically get immunity for 4 seconds. Its literally impossible to fear spam unless you just feel like wasting magicka.

[Moderator Note: Edited moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 28 April 2015 17:07
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!