Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NBs FEAR needs a massive nerf at this current state of PvP.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    now
    Cody wrote: »
    counters have been provided many times, you just refuse to acknowledge them.

I'm not even talking about cloak at the moment...

However, the ones that have been provided regarding cloak I refuse to acknowledge because they involve buying items or grinding alliance / mage rank.

AoE is a valid counter. Class skills are valid counters. Not arguing that point.

[...]

Yeah okay, nice avatar by the way...

I'm done. Enjoy your 30k+ burst damage I guess.

This has been a giant waste of everyone's time.

it has been a waste of everyone's time because you refuse to listen to any of us.

you blindly believe in the NBs false OPness despite all the counters that have been given to you,, and you are perfectly willing to scapegoat one class for the problems of the system as a whole.

yes, this has been a waste of our time. please go so reasonable people can take your place:/

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:42
  • Alexander Powerkill
    @golfer.dub17_ESO man all u need to do to counter nb big DMG is watch for their burst and block. Basically they stealth u block. They fear u break free then block. Mitigates almost all DMG and draws the nb out.

Mhm.

In that screen I was blocking with boneshield up as well, still died.

With food, mind you. I never enter cyrodiil without it.
    Dude, chill out. Those are the suggestions on your death recap. A little humor in the context of mindless entertainment that has zero bearing on your life, family, or the world around us, ok?

As far as counters, people have already told you the basic ones in this thread. Stop taking everything so seriously and try them.

[...]
    You don't want to use food buffs, potions, or level up your character? Don't whine about being killed by someone who took the time to build a better character and play better.
    Why are you talking about unlocking Alliance Rank abilities? Why are you saying no other class requires potions and skills deep into the alliance tree to counter? Where did I say anything like this? Why are you whining? Read what I wrote and calm yourself.

Yea okay.

Um if you were blocking then there is no way u were killed by ambush - LA - surprise attack unless u fighting naked lol

[Moderator Note: Edited/Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:43
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll dodge is out of control, fear has always been strong too.

While I don't particularly like the idea of taking it away from NBs, I also don't like the idea of one class having a guaranteed CC ability every 4 seconds that is spammable on a magicka build, and totally viable on a stamina build too.

The only unavoidable CCs in this game should be soft CCs. Hard CCs that cannot be avoided are over the top. Give them to all classes and problem solved. But then why have other CC abilities?

Just imagine encase instead of rooting you, stunning you for 4 seconds every time it hits you and then slowing you down after that too. Maybe even debuff your damage too? Don't defend the class just because you're playing it, then everyone will do the same and we'll get nowhere.

I don't think too much about class balance at the moment (never did really as I always played mine totally careless) but right now two skills are out of control in my opinion, and that's petrify from Dks and fear from NBs. This is just what I think is totally strong atm, I'm not saying other things aren't.

Mage are you serious! Take fear please! ZOS give nb sorc hardened ward and give them a lame fear.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:24
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I speak for all when I say that Fear is one of the most overpowered abilities out there (in any MMO).
    An instant cast AoE CC that chugs down the stamina of enemies like butter, and this *single* ability is having such a huge impact on ALL PvP on it's own. No other ability comes close in 1.6 (talons is useless now thanks to cheap dodge spam)

Fear causes me no issues in PvP.
    On a 7/7 Light Armour Magicka build, manage my resource pools intelligently enough to not get destroyed by a simple CC.

A Nightblade that spams fear against me uses it to zero effect due to two reasons:
    My build does not rely on permablocking, so having block broken is of no concern.
    My build has fast enough Stamina Regen that my bar is full again after the CC Immunity wears off after breaking Fear, so fear is nothing more than a minor nuisance.

Suppose if my characters were built to be weak to Fear that Fear might seem overpowered.
    At present it is nothing more than a chump CC to me, and a Nightblade spamming it on me is draining his or her own Magicka pool instead of my Stamina pool.
    Edited by Samadhi on 18 April 2015 18:03
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

While I don't particularly like the idea of taking it away from NBs, I also don't like the idea of one class having a guaranteed CC ability every 4 seconds that is spammable on a magicka build, and totally viable on a stamina build too.

The only unavoidable CCs in this game should be soft CCs. Hard CCs that cannot be avoided are over the top. Give them to all classes and problem solved. But then why have other CC abilities?

Just imagine encase instead of rooting you, stunning you for 4 seconds every time it hits you and then slowing you down after that too. Maybe even debuff your damage too? Don't defend the class just because you're playing it, then everyone will do the same and we'll get nowhere.

I don't think too much about class balance at the moment (never did really as I always played mine totally careless) but right now two skills are out of control in my opinion, and that's petrify from Dks and fear from NBs. This is just what I think is totally strong atm, I'm not saying other things aren't.

Mage are you serious! Take fear please! ZOS give nb sorc hardened ward and give them a lame fear.

Deal, I give you my hardened ward and you can have my curse on top of it for your fear. The qq wouldnt come from my side, trust me!

Now I just need a dk who wants to trade scales!

[Moderator Note: Edited moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:43
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mage are you serious! Take fear please! ZOS give nb sorc hardened ward and give them a lame fear. Lets see the qq then

Deal, I give you my hardened ward and you can have my curse on top of it for your fear. The qq wouldnt come from my side, trust me!

I will make that trade in a heart beat.

°‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please ZOS, make it happen! My Bolt-Fears will cause this forum to explode!

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:44
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck breaking through my hardened ward, healing ward & harness magica with your pro bolt-fearing tactics.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:44
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck breaking through my hardened ward, healing ward & harness magica with your pro bolt-fearing tactics.

Have fun trying while running.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:45
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wont need to. I hear they have these things call cc immune pots. What do they give .. 6 seconds of cc immunity ?
    More than enough time to knock your dear corpse into the grave, now that hardened ward isn't there to keep you safe and cozy.

°‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wont need to. I hear they have these things call cc immune pots. What do they give .. 6 seconds of cc immunity ?
    More than enough time to knock your dear corpse into the grave, now that hardened ward isn't there to keep you safe and cozy.

15.1 seconds with full Alchemy passive.

6rA3r3b.jpg
    8skyidK.jpg

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch of players who are used to seeing NB's and Sorcs as easy kills. 1.6 is a bit of a shock to them :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I think I speak for all when I say that Fear is one of the most overpowered abilities out there (in any MMO).
    An instant cast AoE CC that chugs down the stamina of enemies like butter, and this *single* ability is having such a huge impact on ALL PvP on it's own. No other ability comes close in 1.6 (talons is useless now thanks to cheap dodge spam)

Fear causes me no issues in PvP.
    On a 7/7 Light Armour Magicka build, manage my resource pools intelligently enough to not get destroyed by a simple CC.

A Nightblade that spams fear against me uses it to zero effect due to two reasons:
    My build does not rely on permablocking, so having block broken is of no concern.
    My build has fast enough Stamina Regen that my bar is full again after the CC Immunity wears off after breaking Fear, so fear is nothing more than a minor nuisance.

Suppose if my characters were built to be weak to Fear that Fear might seem overpowered.
    At present it is nothing more than a chump CC to me, and a Nightblade spamming it on me is draining his or her own Magicka pool instead of my Stamina pool.

a NB should only use fear if they get jumped, are about at execute range, or if the player is a block caster/perma blocker.

NBs that just spam fear are doing it wrong.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

15.1 seconds with full Alchemy passive.

6rA3r3b.jpg
    8skyidK.jpg

that's better than the actual ability......

#jealous

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:46
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[...]

Most likely so. But NB has better synergy with a stamina build than any other class, so that leaves us with nerf NB obviously. Other classes don't want to reduce their own effectiveness when using a stamina build, they just want NB's to be worse at it. Sort of like nerf DK 1.1-1.5, because Bats.

But Fear is still a pain in the ass. Sorry, but it is. It's not perfectly balanced how one skill always forces 3+ players to cc break every 7-8 seconds. Also amuses me when sorcerers have "no problems" with it, because they dont block like scrubs :trollface:
    Like stamina management is some sort of major achievement when you have Bolt Escape, magicka speed boost and a 65% class shield. Go play a sad *** with zero mobility, than come back and talk about how cc breaking every 7-8 seconds is easy-mode.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:47
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think NBs need a nerf, but the FEAR effect probably does... and not just in PvP, either!

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    But Fear is still a pain in the ass. Sorry, but it is. It's not perfectly balanced how one skill always forces 3+ players to cc break every 7-8 seconds. Also amuses me when sorcerers have "no problems" with it, because they dont block like scrubs :trollface:
    Like stamina management is some sort of major achievement when you have Bolt Escape, magicka speed boost and a 65% class shield. Go play a sad *** with zero mobility, than come back and talk about how cc breaking every 7-8 seconds is easy-mode.

7/7 Light Armour Nightblade with over 1400 Stamina Regen over here.
    CC breaking every time the immunity timer is up is easy-mode.
    Too bad Nightblade doesn't have Green Dragon Blood or Radiant Aura for even higher Regen.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You CANNOT fear spam someone. Even if a person does not break free from fear as soon as the fear is done the target is immune to another fear for 4 seconds. Don't believe me? Go test it out yourself.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:26
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being feared through the map and forced to load at a wayshrine...well...there you have all kinds of options open, like scroll hand-offs, people intentionally telling their buddies in another factions to fear them, or people sabotaging someone by getting them falsely reported for cheating when they intentionally fear them and the scroll is suddenly back and people who are in their faction think, oh well there goes that guys integrity, that guy cheated.

As soon as that issue is fixed I'll be fine with Fear.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Cyantific87
    Cyantific87
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot even bother to read most of these posts... What about petrify(DK)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ads1 wrote: »

Petrify is pretty dang good, fear though is better because it's not broken by one hit though.
  • Cyantific87
    Cyantific87
    ✭✭✭

Petrify is pretty dang good, fear though is better because it's not broken by one hit though.

Petrify is ranged ;-)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only real issue is the instant cast unblockables. They really ought have cast times and be interruptable.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Petrify is ranged ;-)

and fear is aoe, and applies a debuff + snare
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny there is this skill that everyone has access to that I use to stop nb's fearing me. Immovable job done. Take the first fear then count. 6 seconds

Only time I have ever died to fear is when pvxing and lagging.

This is a classy sorc whine thread distracting from the obvious. THERE ARE 2 THINGS WRONG WITH THIS PATCH> ROLL DODGING AND SORCS. The reason is stupid recovery rates caused by removal of caps and drinks.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 27 April 2015 20:48
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny there is this skill that everyone has access to that I use to stop nb's fearing me. Immovable job done. Take the first fear then count. 6 seconds

This is a classy sorc whine thread distracting from the obvious. THERE ARE 2 THINGS WRONG WITH THIS PATCH> ROLL DODGING AND SORCS. The reason is stupid recovery rates caused by removal of caps and drinks.

It's cost you more stamina using immovable every 6 seconds then it would to just break free with the skill equipped

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you moaning about it then lol
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm I'm not sure what you are asking, your solution isn't a counter to fear. You are going to spend stamina with your solution. In fact more stamina then just using break free period
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, Fear is never a problem unless it makes you fall through the terrain. Hope they fix it soon :smiley:

°‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

Umm I'm not sure what you are asking, your solution isn't a counter to fear. You are going to spend stamina with your solution. In fact more stamina then just using break free period

I dont use it every 6 seconds regardless obviously, its easy to tell when the fear is coming.

Personally I've never died from fear unless it is pvxing. People are qqing because it stops them perrma block tanking 20 people. Boohoo