Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lethal Arrow - rage!!!

• Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Olysja wrote: »

post your equip, gold? traits? weap. all. those are dmg just a lvl 10 can take.

Level 10? Well, If you say so... But I have spent enough time in this game to know how to gear up properly. Yet no gear is available to prevent these hits.
    show. i play all the day never saw a dmg like this one .
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Hahh still complain about snipe damage, while sorcs have the way to eliminate those damage, AND deal same or more DPS than ANY other class. Your damage output is INSANE. NO other can do that, not even 23k snipe.

And all that "Insane" damage can be dodge rolled and 100% elimated which damage shields can't do.

I dont have any abilities that come anywhere remotely close to 23k....yet alone have 100% crit from stealth like snipe.
    Moderator note: Post edited per our rules on baiting.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 26 March 2015 22:39
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    you use a pve equip and you pretend to survive XD show all traits on all the pieces. wtf rank 35 and you should play in not-veteran till you learn to dress up.

Moderator Note: Posted edit to remove moderated content.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 26 March 2015 22:40
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Hell I was killed by a freaking *22K* wrecking blow last night.

Physical damage is off the charts yet what are people clamoring for? Nerf Sorc shields lol.

These LolSnipers need to go play call of duty or something. Players 1-shotting each other is not the way the game should play.
    You complaining about bow users and melee attackers damage while you're build allows you to hit for around 15k damage and have shields and bolt escape is pretty hypocritical
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was getting hit for 17K+ Lethal arrows from Kittysoftpaws and other NBs wearing full Legendary VR14 Light armor with a Reinforced Legendary VR14 Shield.

The screenshots posted so far are weak.

I'm curious....have you ever actually been to Cyrodiil? Everything you say says otherwise. I dont have any abilities that come anywhere remotely close to 23k....yet alone have 100% crit from stealth like snipe.

Then their is the fact that with nirnhorned traits and easy to get spell resistance cp it's ridiculously easy to get your spell resist up really high.

Only thing stopping the super sniper brigade would be full heavy armor and a shield.

It's made cyro a joke, a bad one being won by no skill one button spammers.

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks, this thread is getting fairly heated. We've removed several posts and edited others. We know that posters won't always agree with one another, but please remember to be respectful of one another and to stay on topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Physical damage is off the charts yet what are people clamoring for? Nerf Sorc shields lol.

These LolSnipers need to go play call of duty or something. Players 1-shotting each other is not the way the game should play.
    You complaining about bow users and melee attackers damage while you're build allows you to hit for around 15k damage and have shields and bolt escape is pretty hypocritical

No I can crit for 15K against naked people when my overload is boosted with might of the guild and a +20% spellpower buff. I have a 35% chance to crit and power overload is a slow moving projectile ability that is reflectable by every player in the game, has no debuffs to speak of and is my ultimate! Most people even with full spell penetration I crit on my overload from 10-12K on, less if they're running heavy armor or nirnhorned trait armor.

Snipe is a guaranteed crit from stealth, will stun, has far more range than overload, far more damage, scales far better with champion points and on average is resisted far far less than overload. Have you even looked at the average spell resistance people are running around with these days? Because you snipe from stealth you can land 2 snipes in a row that are *guaranteed* crits against a target and they have little to no opportunity to see it coming and only DKs can reflect it.

There are key differences here. I get sniped for 17K because I wear Light Armor. That is the tradeoff. Those same people who guaranteed crit me for 17K have 3 times the armor I do. They're have enchants that not only reduce the cost of their primary DPS ability but also reduce the cost of break free and dodge roll making them even more difficult to me.

To top all of this off there is a serious bug in the game right now that is allowing snipe to cause health desyncs that kill you before it even registers you're being hit.

I was getting hit for 17K+ Lethal arrows from Kittysoftpaws and other NBs wearing full Legendary VR14 Light armor with a Reinforced Legendary VR14 Shield.

I'm curious....have you ever actually been to Cyrodiil? Everything you say says otherwise. I dont have any abilities that come anywhere remotely close to 23k....yet alone have 100% crit from stealth like snipe.

Then their is the fact that with nirnhorned traits and easy to get spell resistance cp it's ridiculously easy to get your spell resist up really high.

Only thing stopping the super sniper brigade would be full heavy armor and a shield.

Exactly. Yet the people here are complaining about Damage shields.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

post your equip, gold? traits? weap. all. those are dmg just a lvl 10 can take.

Level 10? Well, If you say so... But I have spent enough time in this game to know how to gear up properly. Yet no gear is available to prevent these hits.
    show. i play all the day never saw a dmg like this one .
    you use a pve equip and you pretend to survive XD show all traits on all the pieces. wtf rank 35 and you should play in not-veteran till you learn to dress up.

Moderator Note: Posted edit to remove moderated content.

I can not take you serious sorry.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    That said: I hate stealth gameplay with a passion and hope that one day it won´t be vaible anymore. I´d trade bolt escape for that.

Funny that. I really don't like the whole out in the open sustain, resource management, shield stacking game play. I start to get jumpy if I don't see a closed eye. That said, I'm not a fan of the bow sniping for 12k play style either. I only wish I could get solid 12k hits from concealed weapon. My magicka melee NB has been gimped into Oblivion. Plus I've got to get close and worry about all the anti-stealth/invis counter measures.

I´m not built for sustain either. You can actually do dmg without throat slitting.
    I just like my opponent to see and realise how i´m dismantling their every move. It´s a special pleasure when they try to get away in the end.

What bothers me about stealth gameplay is that its unfun for the victim and 99% of the time they´ve got nothing to gain from it. You can get something (maybe even fun / experience) out of a lost fight. When there is no chance in fighting back there is no fun to be had for the receiving end.
    That´s why i hunt down those backstabbing scumbags with all the detect pots i can drink :P.

95% of my gank victims fight back plenty. I just still kill them:)
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guarantee crit means nothing unless you have increased your crit and base damage..Ive crit for 11 before.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you can run radiant Mage light and completely negate sneak attack right?

Yes I should have to use 2 (or 3) slots on my bars to reduce(not completely negate) the bonus damage done by someone attacking from stealth. But wait....radiant doesn't work through my damage shields since those abilities can't crit anyways.

When they make toggle abilities persist through weapon swap I'll consider using them. If you've ever seen me play you'll notice I weapon swap once every 2 or 3 seconds or less. The only ability worth a slot on all of my bars is bolt escape, and that is because Weapon swap can't be trusted.

Put it on your roaming bar, it's what I do. Also radiant does work through shields because it reduces damage done by sneak attacks before shields are taken into account, I shoot sorcs all the time with shields up for 4k with it
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know you can run radiant Mage light and completely negate sneak attack right?

Yes I should have to use 2 (or 3) slots on my bars to reduce(not completely negate) the bonus damage done by someone attacking from stealth. But wait....radiant doesn't work through my damage shields since those abilities can't crit anyways.

When they make toggle abilities persist through weapon swap I'll consider using them. If you've ever seen me play you'll notice I weapon swap once every 2 or 3 seconds or less. The only ability worth a slot on all of my bars is bolt escape, and that is because Weapon swap can't be trusted.

Put it on your roaming bar, it's what I do. Also radiant does work through shields because it reduces damage done by sneak attacks before shields are taken into account, I shoot sorcs all the time with shields up for 4k with it

I ran double magelight in 1.5.
    In 1.6 I can't even tell if it is active all the time, sometimes there is a glowing orb other times not. Having to constantly recast that spell to receive the benefits against an attack I can't see or anticipate is a deal breaker for me.

Good to know the reduction is calculated up front though.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    That said: I hate stealth gameplay with a passion and hope that one day it won´t be vaible anymore. I´d trade bolt escape for that.

Funny that. I really don't like the whole out in the open sustain, resource management, shield stacking game play. I start to get jumpy if I don't see a closed eye. That said, I'm not a fan of the bow sniping for 12k play style either. I only wish I could get solid 12k hits from concealed weapon. My magicka melee NB has been gimped into Oblivion. Plus I've got to get close and worry about all the anti-stealth/invis counter measures.

I´m not built for sustain either. You can actually do dmg without throat slitting.
    I just like my opponent to see and realise how i´m dismantling their every move. It´s a special pleasure when they try to get away in the end.

What bothers me about stealth gameplay is that its unfun for the victim and 99% of the time they´ve got nothing to gain from it. You can get something (maybe even fun / experience) out of a lost fight. When there is no chance in fighting back there is no fun to be had for the receiving end.
    That´s why i hunt down those backstabbing scumbags with all the detect pots i can drink :P.

95% of my gank victims fight back plenty. I just still kill them:)

You must be one in a million then. I have yet to encounter a ganker that tries to end a fight he did not win with 2 snipes...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with radiant magelight on pts was that it did not reduce dmg and prevent stun from NB stealth attacks if they used cloak (in sneak obviously) before attacking. I´ve not bothered with the ability since then. It only helps against the bads that don´t kill you anyway.

Apart from that you´d need it on both bars bc most snipes kill you not on horse but when fighting someone else. Any toggle in this game makes for boring gameplay. I don´t want to give up 20% of my active skills bc of a broken mechanic.
    Edited by Derra on 27 March 2015 07:41
    <Noricum>

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with radiant magelight on pts was that it did not reduce dmg and prevent stun from NB stealth attacks if they used cloak (in sneak obviously) before attacking. I´ve not bothered with the ability since then. It only helps against the bads that don´t kill you anyway.

Apart from that you´d need it on both bars bc most snipes kill you not on horse but when fighting someone else. Any toggle in this game makes for boring gameplay. I don´t want to give up 20% of my active skills bc of a broken mechanic.

It'll reduce sneak attack, that is not to be confused with nb stealthed accounts, and most of my kills are on people traveling on horse. But if you don't want to use it, that's all you
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll reduce sneak attack, that is not to be confused with nb stealthed accounts, and most of my kills are on people traveling on horse. But if you don't want to use it, that's all you

The point i´m trying to make is: A NB using cloak while in sneak will get a sneak bonus not reduced by radiant magelight thus circumventing the ability (atleast thats the way it worked on pts).

As i said: I don´t get killed on horse. I get shot in the back when fighting other ppl. Toggles make for boring gameplay. The game should not enforce giving up active skills just to be safe from idiots that get a kick from killing ppl without a fighting chance. But thats just a personal opinion.
    <Noricum>

• Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭

How on earth did you eat a 22k wrecking blow? Cause even stacking weapon damage I come no where near that. Was it from stealth? Or maybe after he blocked a heavy attack?

He interrupted one of my casts(+15% on next physical) and had hundings rage proc from speaking with him.

Keep in mind though that this was through something close to 12,000 armor (VR14 Legendary Reinforced Heavy Chest, Boots and Shield and 5 VR14 Legendary Light armor) which means his base damage was somewhere in the neighborhood of 27K.

Physical damage is just off the charts.

I can cope with all of that though, but the Health desync makes me rage hard.

I've hit 33k+ with wrecking blows out of stealth, without any potions going. Stealthed Wrecking blows are utterly insane. Best bow hit I've done is 15k, but yeah if you focus JUST on the out of stealth 2 shots, you can nuke people quickly. As others have said, mage light is awesome vs it. If I'm running around solo in Cyro, I always have Mage light going. It takes 15k lethals and makes them about 7 to 8k. It seems to work a lot better than the tooltip says, at least for me.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of lethal arrow. It seems like I never hear the arrow in the air sound anymore. Before 1.6 I often could hear it, depending on what else was going on, and could roll etc. These days I can't actually remember the last time I had a warning sound. It often seems like other sound cues I use to hear aren't there anymore.

My (built in) sound card is a fairly common one, I don't see anyone else complaining on this (other than the AD guy I was just chatting with in game), but I also don't see any sound quality settings that I may have changed...

Just me?
  • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    It's a bug with snipe. You get a health desync and the sound file doesn't play til your dead. This is the only problem with lethal arrow, it doesn't give you time to react.
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug with snipe. You get a health desync and the sound file doesn't play til your dead. This is the only problem with lethal arrow, it doesn't give you time to react.

Noticed the missing sound too. Sums up the problem perfectly ;P
    <Noricum>

• montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    Yea for me that's the only problem with lethal arrow. If you can hear the sound you can react. Not being able to react is the real thing that has people upset.
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riding alone through cyrodiil? You see that finger on the shift button? BAD finger. Dont press that button. Bad bad bad
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been hit by snipe for over 10k. I have by crystal shards....
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    XKmcDYt.png jadda jadda :cold_sweat:

Take that ya dress wearing pansy! :D
    Edited by Dekkameron on 27 March 2015 13:15
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »

How on earth did you eat a 22k wrecking blow? Cause even stacking weapon damage I come no where near that. Was it from stealth? Or maybe after he blocked a heavy attack?

He interrupted one of my casts(+15% on next physical) and had hundings rage proc from speaking with him.

Keep in mind though that this was through something close to 12,000 armor (VR14 Legendary Reinforced Heavy Chest, Boots and Shield and 5 VR14 Legendary Light armor) which means his base damage was somewhere in the neighborhood of 27K.

Physical damage is just off the charts.

I can cope with all of that though, but the Health desync makes me rage hard.

I've hit 33k+ with wrecking blows out of stealth, without any potions going. Stealthed Wrecking blows are utterly insane. Best bow hit I've done is 15k, but yeah if you focus JUST on the out of stealth 2 shots, you can nuke people quickly. As others have said, mage light is awesome vs it. If I'm running around solo in Cyro, I always have Mage light going. It takes 15k lethals and makes them about 7 to 8k. It seems to work a lot better than the tooltip says, at least for me.

I got hit by spell damage for 33333333k from non stealth. sure i did.... omg ...
    Full of magicka lover OPcerer lies in this thread....
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

13k Fragment hit, what doesnt need stealth.... 8k+ dmg X 5+ times overload LIGHT ATTACK. 8k Curse, 8k each mine blow.

I got nirn armor, and you OPcerers bypassing lot... I got CP to resist spell and still got hit with 13k fragment, etc.... and OPoverload. None of my or other class Ulti can do that damage....

i have 3500 WP and 27k stamina, still you spam damage shield, and attack, never run out of magicka it seems and you can tank or just hit me with your average spell damage gear for 13k fragment etc...... You tank 8 ppl with shield spam, then streak away 15 times AND YOU COMPLAIN about SNIPE.... Its strange....

Even if you have only 17k health, you can cast 10k shield easy, thats 27k. Your OPshield is anti crit, so you wont get hit by 17k snipe. Even if you get hit from magical nonexistant 17k noncrit Snipe, you have 10k health, and you can cast shields 20 times in a row at least, with an average build.

You can out dps DK, Templar healing, and outtank any class. And you still cry about snipe.... Gosh....

PS.: Its not the fault of snipe if you are afk and let you hit 2 times from it.
    Edited by Kypho on 27 March 2015 13:54
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah; I was thinking I should edit this. At least not in my death recap. I don't often see the initial stealth attack in my death recap as I am at around 19k passive physical resist and am a templar with a primary focus on healing so when it happens; I start healing like F'ing crazy. I usually cannot kill my attacker but I try to give them a hard time long enough that maybe my group shows up.

That said; I am also Breton so that equates to 21-22k spell resistence and I had several shard hits around 15k; which of course are not stealth boost. But its more about the match up.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

No I can crit for 15K against naked people when my overload is boosted with might of the guild and a +20% spellpower buff. I have a 35% chance to crit and power overload is a slow moving projectile ability that is reflectable by every player in the game, has no debuffs to speak of and is my ultimate! Most people even with full spell penetration I crit on my overload from 10-12K on, less if they're running heavy armor or nirnhorned trait armor.

Snipe is a guaranteed crit from stealth, will stun, has far more range than overload, far more damage, scales far better with champion points and on average is resisted far far less than overload. Have you even looked at the average spell resistance people are running around with these days? Because you snipe from stealth you can land 2 snipes in a row that are *guaranteed* crits against a target and they have little to no opportunity to see it coming and only DKs can reflect it.

There are key differences here. I get sniped for 17K because I wear Light Armor. That is the tradeoff. Those same people who guaranteed crit me for 17K have 3 times the armor I do. They're have enchants that not only reduce the cost of their primary DPS ability but also reduce the cost of break free and dodge roll making them even more difficult to me.

To top all of this off there is a serious bug in the game right now that is allowing snipe to cause health desyncs that kill you before it even registers you're being hit.

Exactly. Yet the people here are complaining about Damage shields.

Sorc is op - without snipe im pretty sure they would never die unless controlled by a moron

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit
    Edited by Joy_Division on 27 March 2015 15:50
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

13k Fragment hit, what doesnt need stealth.... 8k+ dmg X 5+ times overload LIGHT ATTACK. 8k Curse, 8k each mine blow.

I got nirn armor, and you OPcerers bypassing lot... I got CP to resist spell and still got hit with 13k fragment, etc.... and OPoverload. None of my or other class Ulti can do that damage....

i have 3500 WP and 27k stamina, still you spam damage shield, and attack, never run out of magicka it seems and you can tank or just hit me with your average spell damage gear for 13k fragment etc...... You tank 8 ppl with shield spam, then streak away 15 times AND YOU COMPLAIN about SNIPE.... Its strange....

Even if you have only 17k health, you can cast 10k shield easy, thats 27k. Your OPshield is anti crit, so you wont get hit by 17k snipe. Even if you get hit from magical nonexistant 17k noncrit Snipe, you have 10k health, and you can cast shields 20 times in a row at least, with an average build.

You can out dps DK, Templar healing, and outtank any class. And you still cry about snipe.... Gosh....

PS.: Its not the fault of snipe if you are afk and let you hit 2 times from it.

I would very much like to see a sorc tank 8 people with damage shields.
    Edited by thelordoffelines on 30 March 2015 01:06