Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lethal Arrow - rage!!!

ForTheRealm
ForTheRealm
✭✭✭
I thought that Lethal Arrow was nerfed in 1.6, but I guess it's not and the damages it cause seems to be in par with the best Ultimates in the game.
I am on a horse with full stamina, and then I see a death recap like in the attached screenshots:
15yt4zl.png
29g2b90.png
I am VR14 5 medium 2 heavy and it takes a second to shot me?! No fighting chance, and another 5 minutes travel to the battelfield.

Is there really only a two play styles available for PvP right now: shoot from behind and zerg? Sad times...
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting famous

Edit: Looking for Mr Shizzl. I think we should team up.
    Edited by raistin87 on 21 March 2015 13:09
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're lucky you are not a Vamp/WW. I've seen Camo'd Hunter crit for an additional 10k with Lethal.

Though there really is nothing to see here. To get consistent shots off like these the player really has to spec glass cannon with very little defense. I myself run Bow sometimes.
    I see quite a few people able to stay on their horse for a single shot, then dismount. heal/bubble/vanish the second one in flight. So it is possible, if your reaction time is quick enough.

I am actually having ALOT of fun running melee gank these days over bow, as I find it more exciting, but yields higher numbers.

It truly is a bad idea to run/ride anywhere solo in Cyrodiil these days, as it should be. I understand some people feel this is unfair play and think "I should have a chance to fight back" But from the prospective of the ganker---

If we wanted you to fight back, we wouldn't spec this way

Believe me, it happens to everyone running solo in the open, on a horse. And if you are a WW or Vamp, just being out of stealth is a death sentence, unless you have support. (More commonly known as a Rez) :open_mouth:

Just to be clear...I can get 19-20k+ Wrecking Blows 16-18k Surprise attacks, and that's without Camo Hunter. Though the usual crits on those are just around 14-15k. So lethals damage is not out of control.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XKmcDYt.png jadda jadda :cold_sweat:
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    You're lucky you are not a Vamp/WW. I've seen Camo'd Hunter crit for an additional 10k with Lethal.

Though there really is nothing to see here. To get consistent shots off like these the player really has to spec glass cannon with very little defense. I myself run Bow sometimes.
    I see quite a few people able to stay on their horse for a single shot, then dismount. heal/bubble/vanish the second one in flight. So it is possible, if your reaction time is quick enough.

I am actually having ALOT of fun running melee gank these days over bow, as I find it more exciting, but yields higher numbers.

It truly is a bad idea to run/ride anywhere solo in Cyrodiil these days, as it should be. I understand some people feel this is unfair play and think "I should have a chance to fight back" But from the prospective of the ganker---

If we wanted you to fight back, we wouldn't spec this way

Believe me, it happens to everyone running solo in the open, on a horse. And if you are a WW or Vamp, just being out of stealth is a death sentence, unless you have support. (More commonly known as a Rez) :open_mouth:

Just to be clear...I can get 19-20k+ Wrecking Blows 16-18k Surprise attacks, and that's without Camo Hunter. Though the usual crits on those are just around 14-15k. So lethals damage is not out of control.

I don't mind high damage dealers in a melee situation, as this gives me a chance to do something about it, and not die not knowing where the danger comes from.
    However, in that case of the weapon with the highest range (Bow), it just seems totally unthought.
    And I repeat the death recaps presented were for VR14 with 4 medium/2 heavy armor and not a glass cannon light armor build.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge roll cleanse rinse n repeat
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    most of these people cant defend themselves very well. I know this because this is how my VR14 is built. I do a crap ton of damage, but my survivablility is low.

this is nothing new. People have been dealing with this for months. learn to re-act quick enough and charge the sniper if you can.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @piotreb17_ESO4

Put on Radiant Magelight while traveling or solo. When in PvP put as many champion points as you can into the Steed-Resistant. Get some impen or reinforced on your armor traits. Put on a shield and always be on your shield bar when traveling or idle. You will still take a boat load of damage, but you might survive the first salvo if you are setup like this.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Shizzl needs to improve his build to up his damage to what The Stick is doing :smiley:

It is annoying getting sniped but there are things that you can do to prevent these screenshots from happening. I do not travel alone on notorious ganking routes and I take the "lesser" morph of magelight.
    Edited by Joy_Division on 21 March 2015 15:14
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I am done with Undaunted faction, I'll be switching to the lesser Magelight morph, too. In the meantime, I try not to ride alone on obvious routes.

Look -- this is annoying, but snipers are built to do exactly that. There are counters available in the form of abilities and gameplay choices.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Not exactly true. I have watched stamina bow builds roll over a minute to the safety of numbers or a keep. Holding block with 7k HPS has proven effective too. Even easier if you have am escape skill from your class.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• patrykplawskib16_ESO
    This is only possible for one reason and that's momentum from 2h tree skill if they fix that he wont do 12k any more only 8k or lower
    Dunmer Master Race
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only possible for one reason and that's momentum from 2h tree skill if they fix that he wont do 12k any more only 8k or lower

Not really. Rally gives 20% weapon damage, which does not equate to 20% more overall damage. Also the numbers you give imply a 50% overall damage increase.

Instead of 12k you would see 10.5-11k.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love bows
    i love all the roll dodge spam
    i love how when roll dodging you can cast abilities while doing it making you the ultimate rolly polly tank of the game.
    i love how stamina gets benifits to blocking and dodging while magicka light armor users get benefit to only no mitigation damage shields while wearing paper (and cant cast stuff while placing a shield on).
    /sarc
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a NB, and I agree bows need a nerf! Lethal arrow hits harder than my stealth ambush. But with that said, someone show me a build that can win a duel as a stamina NB. Point being bows are all we got right now. If we can't snipe u we lose every fight against anyone halfway competent, which is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

Sheilds

Heals

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love bows
    i love all the roll dodge spam
    i love how when roll dodging you can cast abilities while doing it making you the ultimate rolly polly tank of the game.
    i love how stamina gets benifits to blocking and dodging while magicka light armor users get benefit to only no mitigation damage shields while wearing paper (and cant cast stuff while placing a shield on).
    /sarc

Oh wow, did the meta shift after a year, poor you.
  • Knightmare187

A weapon damage potion gives the same buff as Momentum so it isn't that important for ganking, just saves on drinking a pot every time.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell I was killed by a freaking *22K* wrecking blow last night.

Physical damage is off the charts yet what are people clamoring for? Nerf Sorc shields lol.

These LolSnipers need to go play call of duty or something. Players 1-shotting each other is not the way the game should play.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    it might be annoying when u get killed by a sniper but you can either use magelight,go in group, not use ganking routes or stealth to the keep.. wich is what the sniper is doing aswell.

i'm not saying that i'm really good at this game but there are lots of ways to avoid beeing killed by a sniper.
    besides when you actually get to a sniper theres not much he can do apart from running for his life against a somwhat decent player since a snipers build is mostly built around max damage and close to 0 survival in head to head combat.

• ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    Dodge roll cleanse rinse n repeat
    Maybe I did not make it clear - the screen shots are only form the situations when I am on a horse with full stamina and next second I see that death recap screen.
    If you know a trick how to dodge roll and cleanse from a death recap screen, you would be my saviour and personal hero ;-)

• ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    most of these people cant defend themselves very well. I know this because this is how my VR14 is built. I do a crap ton of damage, but my survivablility is low.

this is nothing new. People have been dealing with this for months. learn to re-act quick enough and charge the sniper if you can.

First, Lethal Arrow range is 35 m, so there is no "charge" skill that can make that distance. Second, those two screenshots are only from the situation when there was no any time for reaction - one second on a horse, the next second detah recap screen. And what I am asking for is just not to be "one shot". The similar damage can be made to my VR14 charcters by Soul Assault or Radiants, but they are channeled (take time), their source of damage is clearly visible and can be interrupted.

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Physical damage is off the charts yet what are people clamoring for? Nerf Sorc shields lol.

These LolSnipers need to go play call of duty or something. Players 1-shotting each other is not the way the game should play.

Physical damage is stupid, people sitting with 4k weapon damage and armour does litteraly mothing.

Sorc shields themselfs aren´t that bad, harness magicka however is.

And i fully agree about lolsnipers. We need LESS instagibbing.
    :]
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most frustrating thing about snipe is the health bar desync. One minute you are fine with full health, then dead before you have a chance to react.

Anyone on a horse without significant active mitigation is dead before they can press a button.

Its almost the same for when you are hit from stealth. But the time the netcode decides to register that you would like to break free of your stun, the second snipe has hit you.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a NB, and I agree bows need a nerf! Lethal arrow hits harder than my stealth ambush. But with that said, someone show me a build that can win a duel as a stamina NB. Point being bows are all we got right now. If we can't snipe u we lose every fight against anyone halfway competent, which is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

Sheilds

Heals

Not exactly true, my Ambush from stealth hits for 10k. Followed by a 11-12k Surprise+ light attack. All within the same timestamp. This is much faster than Bow, and not even considering Camo hunter procs, or a 11-15k Sould Harvest.

Don't get me wrong, bow is good damage and much easier in a large battle. But melee is so much more deadly.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the biggest problems is individuals - naming no names, but they are mentioned here - using macros to cancel animations and use skills far faster than possible. I would encourage ZOS to put in some kind of detection software, but to be honest it will just create even more lag and therefore I'll just have to cope with it for the time being.

I've taken a screenshot of every death I've experienced today. There is a bow in there somewhere, guaranteed! They are definitely over powered.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Deviante
    Deviante
    ✭✭

Using a weapon power potion has the same effect as rally, all 1.6 has done for snipers is changed the potions they use.
  • cmycko
    cmycko
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    XKmcDYt.png jadda jadda :cold_sweat:

You need the read the helpful hints. Why didnt you build that ultimate? Stun him while he's casting?

Lol...
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dress wearers caught with their pants... shields down. I like it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How on earth did you eat a 22k wrecking blow? Cause even stacking weapon damage I come no where near that. Was it from stealth? Or maybe after he blocked a heavy attack?
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How on earth did you eat a 22k wrecking blow? Cause even stacking weapon damage I come no where near that. Was it from stealth? Or maybe after he blocked a heavy attack?

If I had to guess, aggressive warhorn sneak attack... probably some other stuff thrown in.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that Lethal Arrow was nerfed in 1.6, but I guess it's not and the damages it cause seems to be in par with the best Ultimates in the game.
    I am on a horse with full stamina, and then I see a death recap like in the attached screenshots:
    15yt4zl.png
    29g2b90.png
    I am VR14 5 medium 2 heavy and it takes a second to shot me?! No fighting chance, and another 5 minutes travel to the battelfield.

Is there really only a two play styles available for PvP right now: shoot from behind and zerg? Sad times...

You have to dispel the dot, also block when you hear the sound of it coming in.
    Edited by maryriv on 23 March 2015 07:47