Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Champion System Clarification

• DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    This post is entertaining and funny. This is more entertaining then any game I am playing right now. :D

What's more entertaining is THIS edited comment of yours is in no way similar to the post you just redacted, pal. That one was truly entertaining.

I was all set to quote you from earlier, too. It's a shame you realized you were backing yourself into a corner, but I don't think defaulting to a glib remark was the right way to edit it. It just shows you've abandoned your argument. Before, at least, you were attempting to defend your position instead of just disparaging the people who disagree with you.

So despite your assertion that WE are entertaining YOU, you and I know the truth, don't we? Remember that glib is the last bastion of a lost argument, so you may want to refrain from it.
    All I did was state of opinion that this post was funny and entertaining and now you going to include me back on a pointless topic. You stated a topic earlier of a person flaming you and now your flaming me. You have lost your credit long go. Go and bother somebody else with your nonsensical topic and prattle because I do not care.

considering I received a mention notice concerning your redacted post I somehow doubt it is as innocent as your claiming .

He was really mad at you.

lol
    would not be the first time somebody got mad at me in a game forum.

nothing he said would have offend me , I might even have found it funny.

Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post is entertaining and funny. This is more entertaining then any game I am playing right now. :D

What's more entertaining is THIS edited comment of yours is in no way similar to the post you just redacted, pal. That one was truly entertaining.

I was all set to quote you from earlier, too. It's a shame you realized you were backing yourself into a corner, but I don't think defaulting to a glib remark was the right way to edit it. It just shows you've abandoned your argument. Before, at least, you were attempting to defend your position instead of just disparaging the people who disagree with you.

So despite your assertion that WE are entertaining YOU, you and I know the truth, don't we? Remember that glib is the last bastion of a lost argument, so you may want to refrain from it.
    All I did was state of opinion that this post was funny and entertaining and now you going to include me back on a pointless topic. You stated a topic earlier of a person flaming you and now your flaming me. You have lost your credit long go. Go and bother somebody else with your nonsensical topic and prattle because I do not care.

considering I received a mention notice concerning your redacted post I somehow doubt it is as innocent as your claiming .

lol

I find most of these pushover idiots defending their non-argument funny. ZOS could clean out their inventories and put a "Kick Me" sign on the back of their horses, and they'd fall over themselves to thank ZOS for being so kind.

ZOS could say "Well, we really wanted to let you keep your inventory, but the developers said it would be prohibitively difficult to keep track of all that stuff, ya know, for reasons. Oh, and the sign? That's just because we hate you." and these obstinate diehards would beg for more.
    Options
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

lol

I find most of these pushover idiots defending their non-argument funny. ZOS could clean out their inventories and put a "Kick Me" sign on the back of their horses, and they'd fall over themselves to thank ZOS for being so kind.

ZOS could say "Well, we really wanted to let you keep your inventory, but the developers said it would be prohibitively difficult to keep track of all that stuff, ya know, for reasons. Oh, and the sign? That's just because we hate you." and these obstinate diehards would beg for more.

do you have a copy of what he said ?

if you do i would appreciate a copy of it , I need something to laugh at.
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭

lol

I wasn't fast enough, sorry. I hit "quote" and it only showed "............." because he redacted it so quickly.
    Options
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

lol

I wasn't fast enough, sorry. I hit "quote" and it only showed "............." because he redacted it so quickly.

dang his post must been either so blatantly in violation of forum rules or so obviously a straw man argument he couldn't let it stand
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭

lol

dang his post must been either so blatantly in violation of forum rules or so obviously a straw man argument he couldn't let it stand

Definitely a straw man. A very butt-hurt straw man.
    Options
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

lol

Definitely a straw man. A very butt-hurt straw man.

well that does explain the rapid redaction on his part then
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    If the champion system takes years to complete why can we be credited for months?

If it was up to me, nobody would be credited for anything at all.

I would say, here is a new system, everyone starts at zero, have fun.
    Kinda like when DAoC introduced master levels - people have been playing for years by then, and it didn't even cross anyone's mind that they should be granted anything from the new system for free, just because they have been playing the game for a long time.

People are too spoiled today.

That would be great to me if they gave me a character slot for each v14 I have that cannot do content. That's the only way players would then be on even footing - because I'll not be able to earn CP at the same rate as a player with all content available can earn it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me that ZoS hasn't actually been tracking xp past v14. Call me crazy (I'm sure some will) but it's a pretty good feeling.

(Not that that explains why they can't tell the difference between a V1 and V14, even if they didn't track past v14).
    Edited by xaraan on 24 December 2014 04:04
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I've been reading all the threads on this and I agree with a lot of posters here, ZOS lied / misrepresented etc., the Tracking XP for Champion Points.

This is very sad.

I also agree somewhat that ZOS wants a level playing field. I remember the days in the beginning where PvP was pretty even, It was more based on skill and less on how powerful your gear was and I yearn to a return to such times and I believe possibly that the Champion System could bring this back..

But let me move on..

I always felt that this game shouldn't have even came out this year, this game has always felt like a Beta (that I AM Paying for I might add) with all the bugs and the poor choices that were made on certain things, Hell...is the Stamina / Magicka imbalance even fixed ?? But I'm straying from the path...

When I first made Kotaro Atani my main (VR14 Khajiit Nightblade and currently mostly used as a crafter now..since it basically took me 7 mos to get all the crafted traits researched in the game, almost every trait is done researched except for the nirnhoned, which he is still researching, but I digress)...

I recorded his character creation to video because I had a feeling the day would come for me to recreate him and when it was announced that we would only be getting 30 CP and most likely nothing else (and now with these posts by Gina and KAI for further explanation) I kinda expected that this would happen.

I am also not happy about this, as many of you are, that my biggest potential for XP (cadwells silver and gold) is used up (I actually have a few quests left, like two for cadwells gold). Maybe ZOS will give us more CP in 1.7 I don't know.. But they do have a terrible track record and I do not see it happening and alot of players will most likely leave the game, which I do not want to happen as I really love this game.

ZOS needs to reset Cadwells silver and gold quests if they will not give the higher VR14's more CP (and I mean ALOT of CP points to fix this issue) or they need to make it easier for higher level VR's to gain CP's easier and hurry up with adding more PvE content, and I mean like in the 1.7 patch.

Well, I Made a Duplicate of Kotaro Atani two days ago named "Kotaro-Atani" and he is already level 15 as I type this and working his way to Veteran rank 1 without doing quests (only doing dailies/grinding/pledges/PvP etc only), my original "main" Kotaro will be crafting and researching and hopefully ZOS will fix the issue at hand and I can take him out and use him but for now he will become just "Enlightened"(when the option comes out) and used in this capacity, which I really dislike.

I don't want people to leave, I don't want this game to fail, and I definitely don't want to be lied to from ZOS.

I hope ZOS wakes up and smell's the coffee and fixes this situation.

My advice to ZOS, don't lie to your Customer base...Ever. It's your bread and butter.

If you have something to say, even if it is bad, just tell us and prepare for the backlash.

ZOS, You have said time and again you read what we post, well the ball is in your court, hopefully you will know what to do with it and fix the situation.

We are watching.

PS- how about you give VR10+++ people like 10-30 more CP this might help..Just a thought.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there is no reason to be raging at this point. 1.6 will not remove veteran ranks so compensating players for their progression isn't even an issue UNTIL they remove the ranks. at that time people will need to be compensated for their VR ranks and further progression. then and only then if players are NOT compensated will anyone have any justification in nerd raging about previous promises
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no reason to be raging at this point. 1.6 will not remove veteran ranks so compensating players for their progression isn't even an issue UNTIL they remove the ranks. at that time people will need to be compensated for their VR ranks and further progression. then and only then if players are NOT compensated will anyone have any justification in nerd raging about previous promises

Previous posts in this thread already stated (as per Kai's response on the german forums) that ZOS have no plans for compensation when they remove VR ranks
    Edited by Qyrk on 24 December 2014 04:09
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You keep posting this false information. Can you not read or comprehend what has been clearly posted dozens of times? They have clearly stated that there is NO COMPENSATION coming in the future. The initial 30 CP is it. No more. When they remove vet levels no additional CP will be awarded. Stop telling people this lie.
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Something tells me that ZoS hasn't actually been tracking xp past v14. Call me crazy (I'm sure some will) but it's a pretty good feeling.

(Not that that explains why they can't tell the difference between a V1 and V14, even if they didn't track past v14).

Even if they couldn't get EXACT numbers, they could've cobbled together a Champion Point reimbursement rubric based on what they have tracked, since release. They can see our achievements. They can see how many veteran ranks we have on how many characters. That's more than enough information.

There are a dozen different rubrics they could employ to reward players based on content they've completed. If we can see something has been completed, they can see it's completed, too. Even if they just *try* to do *something* to keep their word, that's better than the current strategy of obfuscation followed by silence. All they have to do is say "Here's the cap, here are the in-game achievements we were able to track over the last eight months, and here are the rules we're using to award points. Sorry it wasn't more precise." And that would be the end of the firestorm.

It would certainly be better than tossing everyone a paltry 30 Champion Points, across the board, regardless of past efforts.

All things considered, I think the reason I cancelled my subscription last night was due to how poorly ZOS has handled this. I don't know what was happening internally, and at this point, I don't care. But I'll re-subscribe if they put in a credible effort to repair the damage they've done.

Honestly, this is just a math problem the development team is too lazy to solve, so they turned this into a monumentally huge public relations problem the community managers have zero chance of solving.
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDEA:

If it truly is the case ZOS was unable to keep track of our XP (despite the statement that they were already tracking it) then simply use whatever database the map queries to turn icons black or white.

Whenever a questing hub on the map is complete, it turns white. That information must be stored somewhere. If it takes an hour to clear most quest hubs, and it takes four hours *unenlightened* to earn one champion point, then query the database used by our maps to reward Champion Points when the system is implemented.

Reward ONE Champion point for each of the following criteria met:
    • for every four quest hubs completed
    • for every four public dungeons completed
    • for every eight solo delves completed
    • for every four group/vet dungeons completed
    • for every sixteen world bosses beaten
    • for every twenty dolmens beaten
    • for every forty locations discovered
    • for completing Dragon Star Arena
    • for every TRIAL completed
    • for every PvP rank earned (ok, not on the map, but they have to do something for the PvP players, and I know ZOS can see this number)

If our maps can see what we've accomplished, so can ZOS. And those are just my spitball guestimations, really. ZOS could adjust the criteria based on their best objective evaluation of how many of which map-visible accomplishments represent earning a single Champion Point. After all, everything that turns white on the map gave us XP for completing it.

That's a workable Champion Point reimbursement rubric that is not perfect, but it is 0% reliant on tracked XP, and rewards players for the non-repeatable content they've completed. And of course, there would be a cap on the maximum number of CP's that will be awarded upon implementation of the system -- it could be as low as 10-20% of all potential CP's, which would leave 80-90% of the Champion System yet to fulfill, without any drastic separation between players.

Players would be on a relatively level playing field because of both the "onset" Champion Point cap and the diminishing returns of how we spend them. ZOS could set the cap as high as 20% if they adjust the qualifying criteria, properly -- they could make it virtually impossible to reach the cap (except for maybe a handful of BAMF's) just like they said they would. That is, if it is indeed fair to say fulfilling 20% of the Champion System is roughly "worth" eight months of tenacious, loyal gameplay by top-tier players.

Yes, it would *still* shaft everyone out of the XP they've earned grinding mobs. But like I said above, as long as they try to do something, that's better than a 30 point pittance as a reward for eight months of loyal gameplay, and it would show ZOS *wants* to keep their word.

At the heart of @ZOS_MariaAliprando's October 3rd post was ZOS's expressed desire to reward us for what we've achieved under the new system. Whether or not that happens in 1.6 or 1.7 -- we need to know it's going to happen. Even if it is true ZOS was unable to track XP (for technical reasons beyond my ken), ZOS can still do *something* (like this, which does not rely on XP) to at least *try* to fulfill the intention of that October 3rd assurance. ZOS has better options than simply shelling out 30 Champion Points, almost indiscriminately.

As you can tell, I'm actively trying to find a reason to re-subscribe. I wish ZOS would meet me half-way.
    Edited by Unlikely_Ghostbuster on 24 December 2014 06:12
    Options
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    This is rediculous! ZOS you are creating more problems. Looks like this game is going to be a flop! The changes proposed are utterly ***! All to make everyone feel special! what about all the xp i have earned that will not be counted(but you said will). Who is the MORON behind this idea? Was it the guy who decided to add new facial animations and lighting effects?? Cause those were such big issues. I am so glad they were addressed and the general state of PvP is ignored seemingly.

In a nutshell we are paying for a game that is essentially still in Beta testing. If it isn't then why all these ridiculous changes?
    Edited by nukeemstudiosub17_ESO on 24 December 2014 05:10
    Options
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    If the champion system takes years to complete why can we be credited for months?

If it was up to me, nobody would be credited for anything at all.

I would say, here is a new system, everyone starts at zero, have fun.
    Kinda like when DAoC introduced master levels - people have been playing for years by then, and it didn't even cross anyone's mind that they should be granted anything from the new system for free, just because they have been playing the game for a long time.

People are too spoiled today.

Those master levels came together with new content to level them up. Same with ethe champion levels.

The ESO champion system arrives without content to level them up in unless you haven't done Caldwells silver and gold, which many have done exactly because they were told that they should because they would stilll get the champ points for doing them.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a complete idiot for playing solo through all the Veteran content before it got nerfed into oblivion. All that tedious questing versus overpowered mobs, only to be punished with the introduction of the Champion System.
    Options
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I should have *** 3 times the amount of cp than the v1 scrub next door.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys cannot be pleased.

ZOS obviously found it was far too unbalanced to give someone who has played the game non stop and literally be unkillable in pvp then you will all have a cry about that anyway.

And I like it better this way so my CPs are spread across all my accounts so I can actually play on all of my alt accounts.

Stop whinging and actually THINK properly about why ZOS has changed it. Obviously the passives for CS is going to be crazy.

It's called balance. You're not being cheated you're being balanced out so shut up.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people that dont follow dev tracker (or don't speak german :))
    Wir wollen aber sicher stellen, dass Spieler, die die meisten Inhalte schon abgeschlossen haben, beim Gewinn von weiteren Championpunkten nicht benachteiligt sind.

We want to make sure that players who already completed most content are not at a disadvantage when it comes to earning more champion points.
    Ein Spieler, der durchgequestet hat, soll genauso schnell Championpunkte sammeln können, wie jemand, der gerade erst mit den Quests in Cadwells Silber beginnt.

A player who completed all quests should be able to collect champion points at the same rate as someone who is just beginning doing his Cadwell's silver quests.

How? By doing PVP? Withthe lag I get, PVP is no option for me. So, what's left? Repeatable content? I am supposed to do the same amount of repeatable content as someone who quests? Are they even playing the game?
    Options
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    You guys cannot be pleased.

ZOS obviously found it was far too unbalanced to give someone who has played the game non stop and literally be unkillable in pvp then you will all have a cry about that anyway.

And I like it better this way so my CPs are spread across all my accounts so I can actually play on all of my alt accounts.

Stop whinging and actually THINK properly about why ZOS has changed it. Obviously the passives for CS is going to be crazy.

It's called balance. You're not being cheated you're being balanced out so shut up.

Balance? And why there is not balance at all between people atm? Why do we have VR 14s, VR 1s and players that didnt even level up yet?

There will be no balance at all. Players with time and skills will get ahead very quickly and in two weeks, we´ll be in the same situation that ZOS wants to prevent by breaking their word.

The only thing that will remain will be the fact that Zeni is not reliable company to portion of its customers.
    Edited by Kraen on 24 December 2014 09:29
    Finneas of Baby Face Bananas
    Free to Play? No, thx.
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously the passives for CS is going to be crazy.

What you say sounds like you are afraid of people becoming too powerful... but from the information we have now I doubt this will be the case.

How is, let's say, stuff like having 5 % more stamina regeneration or a horse that can sprint much more (after spending hundreds of points) an advantage that will make people unkillable in pvp or so much more powerful that it will be imbalanced?

There are diminishing returns - so the difference between a person having 500 CP and 1500 CP is probably minuscule. If for example the first five points give you 1 % increase and the 15th point will only count like 0.1% and so on ... they already said it would be these dimensions.
    Edited by Kaliki on 24 December 2014 09:58
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    Wir wollen aber sicher stellen, dass Spieler, die die meisten Inhalte schon abgeschlossen haben, beim Gewinn von weiteren Championpunkten nicht benachteiligt sind.

We want to make sure that players who already completed most content are not at a disadvantage when it comes to earning more champion points.
    Ein Spieler, der durchgequestet hat, soll genauso schnell Championpunkte sammeln können, wie jemand, der gerade erst mit den Quests in Cadwells Silber beginnt.

A player who completed all quests should be able to collect champion points at the same rate as someone who is just beginning doing his Cadwell's silver quests.

How? By doing PVP? Withthe lag I get, PVP is no option for me. So, what's left? Repeatable content? I am supposed to do the same amount of repeatable content as someone who quests? Are they even playing the game?

The "How" is a fair question, but i am not the right person to ask that. My post you quoted was just a translation of an official ZOS post. Ask them. I would also like to know what they have in mind. "We want to make sure players are not disadvantaged" sure sounds like they have something coming that would address any such disadvantages. Only thing i caught from the live was the mention that they are going to make the cyrodiil pve quests very rewarding CP-wise(also to spark conflict outside of the main zergs), but that may not be all. We'll see.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The "How" is a fair question, but i am not the right person to ask that. My post you quoted was just a translation of an official ZOS post. Ask them. I would also like to know what they have in mind. "We want to make sure players are not disadvantaged" sure sounds like they have something coming that would address any such disadvantages. Only thing i caught from the live was the mention that they are going to make the cyrodiil pve quests very rewarding CP-wise(also to spark conflict outside of the main zergs), but that may not be all. We'll see.

Here is a link to An interview of Tamriel Foundry and Eric Wrobel, Systems Designer in charge of gameplay and itemization, about some of the upcoming changes. This interview was done before eso live and has just a little bit extra information.

This the Part of the Highlights
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-qa-pt1/

Here is the video to the whole interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_SuEeVYEX4
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on 24 December 2014 10:21
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a link to An interview of Tamriel Foundry and Eric Wrobel, Systems Designer in charge of gameplay and itemization, about some of the upcoming changes. This interview was done before eso live and has just a little bit extra information.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-qa-pt1/

Thanks.

TF question:
    "Take for example, a character that has been around since launch with hundreds of hours invested into it versus an alt character that just hit level 50, both characters seem like they will be just as powerful once Veteran Ranks are removed. Is there no portion of the Champion System where you are gaining some character-specific progression to replace what is being removed with VRs?"

EW answer:
    "Certainly if you have been PvPing, you would have more skill points and likely more skill points in general as well as other advancement specific to each character such as the Mages’ Guild. I think it’s good to encourage people to play new characters and experience the game in different ways and make different choices."

It's clear they haven't really thought about it. They are in complete denial as to how their players accumulate their XP. Are they even playing their own game or just using spreadsheets?
    They actually want us to make alts. That's their reasoning.
    Options
  • Mjollnir_NL
    Mjollnir_NL
    ✭✭✭
    Well it would be wise to compensate at least a little for the vr ranks. I am only a vr2 but i think it would be good to do so. Even a compensation of a few points per rank would take the heat off this debate. Altough a big part of this debate is filled with assumptions instead of hard facts.

I love reading all the debates. Wished people would get so angry about real life injustice. We would crush the goverments and go to a venus project world. Ofcourse we need to leave our computer first to do so :open_mouth:

Anyway have a nice christmas and take some distance from this discussion. We shall see what ZOS is really up to next year.
    Amrunor: Redguard Templar

Disciples of Disorder
    We are mostly PVE players. We are determined to tackle challenges, but we do not reject anyone based on their skill.
    So no one is left behind.
    Calculated disorder is our team tactic :-)
    www.disciplesofdisorder.com
    Options
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One for sure they do know they have a problem, else they wouldn't have pushed Wrotgard to be the next area to be added. Wrotgard is a solo endgame zone and were actually planned to come MUCH later.

Now the problem with Cyrodiil repeatable quests is that people have learned it is the only way for solo players to get XP at the endgame so they are becoming seriously camped by gankers now and it will become immensely worse after 1.6 so they CANNOT use those quests as a bandaid.

Right now we have zero confidence in whatever they are telling us.

They need to do something drastic like implementing a non pvp instance of cyrodiil or make a non group version of Craglorn.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the problem with Cyrodiil repeatable quests is that people have learned it is the only way for solo players to get XP at the endgame so they are becoming seriously camped by gankers now and it will become immensely worse after 1.6 so they CANNOT use those quests as a bandaid.

I agree with your prediction, except for the 'problem' part.

I think this is actually good! The PVE areas will become valuable resources that alliances will fight over, sparking both smaller and larger conflicts, drawing players away from the massive zergs around keeps, potentially even lessening the lag that is generated by too many people in one place.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    While, I'm glad you took the time to explain all this, I can't help but feel cheated of the time I spent progressing my characters over hundreds of hours.

I'll be pondering whether to keep my subscription or not. :'(

Yep. Me too. I have already left once because of stupid changes and came back for friends - except now a lot of my friends have also left :( I am beginning to lose the point...
    Options
This discussion has been closed.