Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any lamias or giants that have regular trade with the other alliances of Tamriel or is there a reason they are all hostile? We see a group of lamias in cold harbor that can agree to help against Molag Bal, but most seem to be aggressive despite being sentient and getting along with groups in the s00p00erpent's trial or Tempest Island. It seems by a law of averages there should be some small settlements or camps that will interact with the citizens of Tamriel unless there were some external factor?of my Dragon

Can you do the Kothringi Dance?

Will we see more challenging puzzles in the future? Ones like the evermore grave one was a good brain teaser, but others Wil locks seem so painfully obvious that I question the IQ of the mage's guild researchers that stare at the symbols on the far wall and the symbols on the locks...

Where does the term "high elf" come from in the ESO world? I've heard NPC dialog where the terms "dark elf, wood elf, etc." Are used instead of the typical dunmer and bosmer, and that makes sense given their features and where they live. but high elves don't seem to live in an elevated area. Does the nick name derive from their height, their high nosed attitude, or because they smoke a bit too much Ambrosia?

Can we get an idea of what other creatures are yet to be introduced or exist in this era? Also what our real worldd mythological names verses the eso name if you could (is a centaur or a minotaur called that in ESO? Etc)

Outside the Daedric Princes, celestial spirits, and town gaurds; who or what would be considered to be the strongest being in Tamriel? It's not a mud crab is it?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Geneticlone
    Geneticlone
    Soul Shriven
    1. Will you ever give Khajiit/Argonians an option to have a different skeleton
    2. How far are we from the barber shop
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Where does the term "high elf" come from in the ESO world? I've heard NPC dialog where the terms "dark elf, wood elf, etc." Are used instead of the typical dunmer and bosmer, and that makes sense given their features and where they live. but high elves don't seem to live in an elevated area. Does the nick name derive from their height, their high nosed attitude, or because they smoke a bit too much Ambrosia?
    "..."High" is often understood to mean proud or snobbish, and as the Altmer generally personify these characteristics..." - UESP Lore: Altmer

Also what our real world mythological names verses the eso name if you could (is a centaur or a minotaur called that in ESO? Etc)
    Centaurs & Minotaurs have exactly the same name in TES.

Outside the Daedric Princes, celestial spirits, and town gaurds; who or what would be considered to be the strongest being in Tamriel? It's not a mud crab is it?
    Right now? Probably Vivec.

Also, it's TES World/Universe, not ESO. ESO is just a tiny little fraction of TES Universe.

Edited by Ghrimn on 8 July 2015 16:00
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    "..."High" is often understood to mean proud or snobbish, and as the Altmer generally personify these characteristics..." - UESP Lore: Altmer

Also what our real world mythological names verses the eso name if you could (is a centaur or a minotaur called that in ESO? Etc)
    Centaurs & Minotaurs have exactly the same name in TES.

Right now? Probably Vivec.

Also it's not ESO's World, it's TES (The Elder Scrolls). ESO is just one of the games set in TES's Universe.

I would thought dark elves are a close second for being proud and snobbish, but that is the price to pay for always being right.

I know I've heard them say minotaur and centaur in other games, but like the slang names for wood elves and dark elves sometimes that's not the "proper" name they'd want =3

Ah right, I should have excluded vivec and the divines. Hmm, maybe the most powerful mortal being?

And yes your right, it's TES, however I'm just referring to "ESO's worl" meaning this current time and setting, as opposed to prior games =3
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • marcmyb14_ESO
    marcmyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the July 2nd ESO live where Eric says we balanced the melee weapons to have more damage than ranged weapons to compensate for the loss of damage of being in melee range not always being able to hit stuff. While it makes sense for melee attacks to do more damage, wouldn't it make more sense if you just increased the damage of the melee skills rather than the actual weapon damage, that way ranged magicka builds won't feel like they're missing out on a ton of damage if they're not using a melee weapon? The difference between using daggers and a staff is around 600-800 spell damage at vr14. This makes some people feel like they're forced to use daggers in order to make up for lost DPS. Some builds, like a magicka sorcerer don't really allow for it since you basically need to the staff skills to be effective dps, but a magicka templar for example might be doing more dps than a sorcerer because they can be in melee range, use melee weapons with the increased spell damage and use their class skills without really losing anything (except magicka return from heavy attacks). I could be wrong but it seems like this creates a balance issue, especially for magicka sorcerers because they can't really go melee and don't really do much dps without a staff. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or if there's something I'm missing.
    GM Oghma Infinium - Ebonheart Pact
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight - Indualis Decimius
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer - Arienna Stormcaller
    VR1 Dark Elf Dragonknight - Flame and Shadow
    26 Khajiit Nightblade - J'Kaaz Vulon
    10 Breton Templar - Sam Guevene
  • dviine1
    dviine1
    Soul Shriven
    I really wish yall would put a mini map, and on the bigger map put level zones. Like i hate to compare to World of Warcraft, but its such a standard, and it would help players progress through the zones properly. I cant tell you how often in my brief time playing i wondered into a zone out of my level and i had no idea until i died or tried to grab a quest.
    I use to be an adventure like you, until i took an arrow to the knee.
  • HexWeaver
    HexWeaver
    ✭✭
    Will you give us some sort of text chat option?
    It is simply not fair to deny us such a basic MMO necessity, there are plenty of impaired people out there that can't even hear let alone chat on mic.
  • posthumanguy
    Do you have any updates on Player Housing or Guild Halls?
  • Slonekb05
    Slonekb05
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this game so easy? from a console player.

Summary: First off i love the game, having said that there are some big problems. Firstly the game's LV1-50 feels like a single player game with other players running around getting in your way. Right now what we have is a MMO with no need for other ppl. Outside of a group dungeon, the content is so easy its down right trivial, you don't ever "need" to group, so players just become annoying/unnecessary to come across. This lack of difficulty also makes you not even care about what your doing on a quest, you almost get the mentality of "well, lets just get this over with." An difficulty increase is needed so players are a welcomed site rather than a buzz kill ruining your dungeons. Lv 1-50 has so much good content but seems wasted because of this, I understand being able to Solo, but Solo everything with ease? if you want to go that direction, give us an option for instance delvs/dungeons.

1. PVE difficulty .
    This is a huge issue, while the story is good, the combat is no challenge at all. There is no reason to have to make tactical choices based on if your playing solo or in duo/group. You can slap any skills together with any base equipment and be a god(Example: able to kill 3-4mobs at a time that are 5 Lv's higher than you, Even able to kill 1-2 mobs at a time 15-20lvs higher). Either a change needs to be made to the overall difficulty or you need to be able to choose an option to level scale quests/dungeons/increase difficultly, this will allow players to customize there experience and make lower zones/quests worth while (There is the occasional good fight, which is what i would love to see a lot more of)

2. Adding Instance dungeons.
    Yes this is an MMO and you expect to see playing roaming the world. But what ends up happening is you walk into a random dungeon and are met with 4 players already inside who have cleared the enemy's and boss away. I cant tell you how often i am in a duo with my brother and i say this phrase" Lets give it 3-4min, 4players just ran through" My suggestion is add an option so that each dungeon (All Dungeons/Delvs) that requires you to zone into them, Can be played Public (default) or in a Instance (solo/group). When You go to zone in it should prompt you with a choice.

Thank you for the read.
  • dimmanxak
    dimmanxak
    ✭✭✭
    Any plans for any new localizations?
    Dmitry
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf passive savage strength does not apply when transforming into a werewolf form, this often LOWERS your weapon damage. Do you have any plans to fix this or the fact that in werewolf form you can't synergize allies abilities? Thanks in advance!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • nativepride08
    I would like to know if in the future if there will be a dlc or add on for consoles that involves player housing? Because I liked the idea of building your own home in Elder scrolls skyrim. To go along with that, the possibility to marry npc characters rather then marrying another players? I would also love to see something along the lines of floating text that shows how much damage I'm doing or healing I'm giving out, any possibility of that coming to the console?
  • xlgryphonlx
    Hey just one question really

Why have EU and N.America servers?

Just that on xbox I'm sure everyone has friends in the EU and America and you've restricted our friends list by doing this. Most of us don't have the time to create and maintain separate characters on different servers so why can't you do what every other game does and combine so we can play with people from the states and the EU at the same time.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I asked in difrent topic, bud didn't get answer. Please enlight us why entropy works on shields - drains shield value slowly with its overtime effect - and other dots don't work like that?? Was that intended?
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a new v16 trial in Update 7?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be an ESO live today 7.10.15 @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • Neolink7
    Neolink7
    1. Is Red Diamond supposed to proc with Bows? I know it says "melee" but so does the Khajiit passive Carnage and it's been stated that it's supposed to proc off bows.

2. If a Mob is resistant to the main effect of an ability, say Fear, do they also have blanket immunity to the subsequent effects of that ability? So in the case of Mass Hysteria. If a mob is immune to fear, do they still receive the 15% damage reduction de-buff that's also part of the Mass Hysteria ability.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    @Cuyler There was one last week, meaning the next one will be next week.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »
    @Cuyler There was one last week, meaning the next one will be next week.

Thanks for the heads up @Enodoc ! :)
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions

1) Will we see any improvements to Cadwells Silver and Gold so I don't feel like such a traitor to the Pact?
    2) Will we be seeing account wide titles and ranks - I really like the idea of War ranks but I have to earn them on ever alt. Will we ever see decent titles like Guard Captain for PvE not just PvP.
    3) Will we ever see guild halls, hours, ships?
    4) Are there any plans for other non combat parts to the game?
    5) What's the point in subscribing other than the 10% xp bonus?
    6) Are there any plans to improve the sorcerer in PvP?
    7) When will we see racial improvements for Argonians and the ability to change race?
    8) Any plans to improve the lives of mortal (non vampire/ were wolf) so it doesn't seem like every other person in the city is a supernatural monster?
    Edited by AshTal on 10 July 2015 20:11
  • iamjoehalenbeck
    Hi everyone!

Starting now, during every ESO Live we’ll hold a Q&A where we’ll answer some of your questions about the game. All you have to do is post your questions in this thread and we’ll choose some to answer every two weeks on the show, though we do want to remind you to please be constructive with your questions. If you’re able to join us during the show, we’ll also take some questions from chat as well!

Thanks for your support, and we hope you’ll enjoy this new segment!

whats with the cheats an boosters on pvp puting up insane scores without being seen in the game taking any castles or keeps no scrolls or even being seen in any fights. some of the scores after the reset are around 8-15 times higher per hour than what the last top player got in the 1st month and even his score was huge by the end of the month no one could catch him and he was terrible when i seen him as emp ? how are the boosting an why is no one paying attention to this
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you're adding two more veteran ranks, are you also bringing the scaled (veteran) dungeons and their rewards up-to-speed? If so, what about the existing trials and DSA?

Most of them are already outdated as v12 content with the v14 cap. Would be great to see all of this content and its rewards scaling to the max. It'd be such a shame for all this content to simply fade out by having it be completely trivial, and making all these sets no longer viable, being low veteran ranking.
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    Are the developers aware of any situations which may prevent sorcerer pets from properly entering stealth while in Cyrodiil?

Members of my pvp groups have said that enemy players whispered them saying that they were able to find our group because the pets were still visible. This seems to happen during instances of severe lag.

_____

With the changes that are being considered for sorcerer in update 7, can we expect to see any improvements made to the sorcerer pets?
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS
    I play on xbox one nowdays,And i have been having so much problems with actually finding a group and the overall social aspects of the game,Most people are either in party chats or dont use voice chat,the ones who use voice chat have kinect on and dogs are just barking,babies crying,Loud music is played and people dont really communicate with eachother.

Its a good idea to have voice chat in dungeons and pvp groups,But the thing is that without text chat and zone chat its really hard to actually find a group for anything.,Having no text chat removed so much of the social aspects of this game,Console players can use keyboards,And they have this thing called smartglass which they use their phones to type,its really not much problems for console players,also having text chat wouldnt remove the voice chat options,it would just add to the social aspect,Make it easier to find groups,sell stuff,advertise your guild,find friends and so on.

i have been a big fan since the beta of this game so i just ask this ZoS

Please,Can you add text chat to the console versions? Is there any plan for it? i see no harm in adding it.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there ever be more social and overall fun activites and sutff to do in tamriel? Like mini games,events,festivals and so on? its one of the things i like in most mmos,sadly eso does not have that,it can be dull sometimes when its straigth to questing and pvp and not much making the world feel alive
  • keonimeyer
    Would it be possible to Add zone chat to console?
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS
    I play on xbox one nowdays,And i have been having so much problems with actually finding a group and the overall social aspects of the game,Most people are either in party chats or dont use voice chat,the ones who use voice chat have kinect on and dogs are just barking,babies crying,Loud music is played and people dont really communicate with eachother.

Its a good idea to have voice chat in dungeons and pvp groups,But the thing is that without text chat and zone chat its really hard to actually find a group for anything.,Having no text chat removed so much of the social aspects of this game,Console players can use keyboards,And they have this thing called smartglass which they use their phones to type,its really not much problems for console players,also having text chat wouldnt remove the voice chat options,it would just add to the social aspect,Make it easier to find groups,sell stuff,advertise your guild,find friends and so on.

i have been a big fan since the beta of this game so i just ask this ZoS

Please,Can you add text chat to the console versions? Is there any plan for it? i see no harm in adding it.

I second this! This is a great question and good explanation.
  • EGHELLREIGN
    EGHELLREIGN
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having issues transforming out of my werewolf form. Whenever my timer runs out I get stuck in werewolf form and can't do you evolve back into human form. This happens to me on the Xbox one platform what do I do?
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    I'm level Veteran 2 Why do I not have the Title option for Veteran???

Also What happened to Mages Guild Story line - Valaste wasnt "feeling" well at the last book I retrieved and I havent heard nothing from them since!
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you actually be releasing IC in 2015 - or will it be 2016.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.