Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are some of the popular Sports in Tamriel?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • booker21
    booker21
    is this going to be streaming? where?
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having told us you were going to remove VR why have you just announced an additional VR16 rank?

Do you even begin to understand how this affects player morale?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having told us you were going to remove VR why have you just announced an additional VR16 rank?

Do you even begin to understand how this affects player morale?

All The Best

Normally i would agree, but...

Since they added champion system, people are grinding champion points, and all the regular XP from that goes to waste. Now it will instead go towards the new VR levels. Basically, the VR's will be free, since what i need to do to get them is what i would be doing anyway.

So, no big deal.
  • cmabouaf
    cmabouaf
    ✭✭✭
    When will we have small group PVP, Duels, or Arenas?
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the Templar charge? Any plans on changing it?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    While I am happy about the info given during eso live you guys did not address any of the questions from this thread. Is there any chance of getting answer to some of the questions asked out side of the show? I would hate to have to wait another 2 weeks on these questions.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices for Crown Store items have been getting progressively higher w/ a pretty steady consistency since the Crown Store's inception, barring any "clearance" -type sales on items that you are removing from the Crown Store entirely.

For example, the newest "limited time" mount has been priced higher than the previous offerings, and the latest Crown Store potions are priced much higher than any other Crown Store potions, etc.

Many players feel that the items on the Crown Store are prohibitively expensive already and do not make purchases solely based on that, even though there may be interest among players about the items themselves. Based on the pricing structure that has been steadily rising, many are quite wary about the affordability of future DLC content.

Is this a trend that will be continuing?
  • FrostGolem
    FrostGolem
    ✭✭
    are there going to be ui changes for console so you could switch from normal to like a ui that shows buffs and all, like an add one
    Edited by FrostGolem on 3 July 2015 00:29
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION.

IS MAGE LIGHT BUG GOING TO BE FIXED??????????????????

PLEASE FIX THE MAGE LIGHT BUG.

THANK YOU!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUESTION.

THANK YOU!

You should maybe elaborate on what you're talking about. And no, I don't mean larger capital letters.
  • WildBill_1876
    Console Qusetions
    1: When will damage and healing text be added.
    2: Also when will buff/debuff timer be added
    3: Text chat
  • realmadrisa
    realmadrisa
    Soul Shriven
    Is it possible to have like a 4 vs 4 or 1 on 1 fighting arena :#
    Because in cyrodil u can't really do that
    and a lot of the time if you lose ur group you'll get ambush by lime ten guys >:)
    I personally think that that's the only thing this game needs
    A GLADIATOR ARENA LOL
    I would totally pay for that DLC ;)

Ps a clock or a calender type of gadget wont hurt
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    1: will be unlocking the class a good thing for the game?
    2: may we have in future a holy like skill line to choose if you are not vamp or ww.
    3: on lunch eso had so many pvp campaigns; are you going to restore some of them?
    4: is planned to have a jewellry crafting profession?
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION.

THANK YOU!

which bug?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Q&A summary for this ESO Live???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Where is the Q&A summary for this ESO Live???

There was no Ask Us Anything segment in this week show. Rather was questions to the Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel. Also today in the USA is July 4th weekend so staff is off, so if they do post Q&A to Eric it be next week till it is posted.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • keonimeyer
    Is it possible to have like a 4 vs 4 or 1 on 1 fighting arena :#
    Because in cyrodil u can't really do that
    and a lot of the time if you lose ur group you'll get ambush by lime ten guys >:)
    I personally think that that's the only thing this game needs
    A GLADIATOR ARENA LOL
    I would totally pay for that DLC ;)

Ps a clock or a calender type of gadget wont hurt

It's not quite the same, but there is dragon star arena. But it would be cool to have 4v4 though.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to see a distance increase of melee splasback on sets like the twin sisters? The current 5m range can easily be overshot with wrecking blow, steel tornado, and other melee abilities
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Evilapex
    Evilapex
    I wish you would make the vampire stronger.. right now idk why people chose it. It is a million times weaker than werewolf.

Disadvantages
    1) you have to feed constantly
    2)there is nothing that makes you stronger as a vampire
    3)you dont turn into a master vampire or anything cool like that
    4) only 2 abilities and they are WEAK
    5)takes about 6 times longer to level than werewolf

Id love for them to boost it and make the vampire a relevant thing. atm all i use it for is to bite people who for some reason want it.
  • RenhardtESO
    RenhardtESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! A couple quick thoughts and questions.

1 - Will there ever be a way to scaled down the UI HUD on Console? I know you can set it to dissapear when not in combat, but while in combat, coming from the PC, I feel it is a bit large and distracting personally. I think it would be awesome to have the ability to have a slider like the FOV sliders to be able to make it smaller.

2 - With VR16 coming out, will we get another tier for crafting potions and provisioning for higher level things? Or will everything still scale to our level in VR levels?

3 - This is more of a thought and I know I am beating a dead horse with a stick, but about grouping on Console. I don't have a ton of friends on console who play this game on Xbox. And using the LFG tool or shouting it out in area chat is just not working. What would be awesome in this game is the ability to implement a zone chat like PC but being able to type through say a smart phone app. I have no idea how possible something like this is. BUT it would be completely awesome to do that!

Anyway, thanks for everything and you guys rock!
  • keonimeyer
    Could you increase werewolf timer to atleast a whole minute or even toggable if possible?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to see changes to the skirmisher or the air set to lengthen the buff we get with roll dodging? Considering the change of cost to repetitive roll dodging, this might impact their usefulness.

Have you considered adding in a 33% increased cost to most instant cast abilities that are used repeatedly? Repetition of abilities and skills (endless block casting, roll dodging, flame lash, surprise attacks, etc.) Seem to be a major issue in the game that leads to a lot of simple and high damaging builds that don't have much skill. If folks want to avoid it, they would need to consider adding in more than 2 or 3 abilities into their rotation to keep the cost down or pause to conserve. Abilities could even give better reduction to this effect if an enemy is under 25%

Can we see a better morph of the DK's flame lash, flames of oblivion, or molton armaments? has few direct damage abilities into stamina morph that scallops off weapon damage and weapon critical, which has made it difficult to pull out high damage compared to NB, Templar, and Sorcs. This could still cost magicka, but return back things like stamina, give minor/major brutality, or other effects that might help improve a dk's standing

When can we expect changes to some of the current item sets in game? A lot of sets are rewards for hard mode dungeons yet are much less desired than stuff that comes in chests and off mobs (martial knowledge and the air set).

In ESO live folks mentioned doing dungeons and trials, tested out with various characters, can you give us an idea of your builds? If not details, things like stamina dps templars, DK healers, etc? It seems a lot of dungeon and trials must be completed using min/max builds, rather than skills and gears standard players could get without hours of farming.

When will the changes mentioned on ESO be on the PTS server? It sounded like it was tweaked there now but we haven't had a major patch there in a while.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple questions...

Will the release of VR15/16 have an impact on current scaling content? Will current content be allowed to scale higher?
    Ex. Currently, most veteran dungeons scale to VR12, increasing cap (along with more powerful sets) will make these dungeons even easier. As well, the loot dropped inside can only go as high as the dungeon is scaled - so I would imagine replayability is lost as a VR16 won't care to keep running these only to get aged VR12 gear.

Are creating more veteran dungeons (for the ones that are still missing) on any of the "soon" timelines?

How will crafting be effected by the new level cap?
    The top tier material already does more levels than other veteran materials in the game, will the material level be extended to include the new ranks, or will a new material be introduced? Will crafting writs be updated to include a new tier of crafting?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • pwoggy7b14_ESO
    I know people have said it already but we need to keep asking for it to hopefully happen. I know there were many people that for whatever reasons did not buy the PC to console transfer. I hope you understand that there are quite a number of people that are wanting this to become available as an option again. even if is just another 30 day time frame that is given or a Crown Store/Website Purchase. It sucks that I missed the 30 period and after buying the game for PS4, I would still pay for an account transfer. So please, give at least another chance for people to do a PC to Console transfer again.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple question:
    In update 7, Veteran Quests, including Imperial City dailies, will give 50% more XP. Does this also apply to other Cyrodiil dailies, such as Bounty, Scouting, etc and Town Dailies (Bruma, Chorrol, Crospford, etc)?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple question:
    In update 7, Veteran Quests, including Imperial City dailies, will give 50% more XP. Does this also apply to other Cyrodiil dailies, such as Bounty, Scouting, etc and Town Dailies (Bruma, Chorrol, Crospford, etc)?
    On that... does the 50% increase apply to every quest under the "Level 50 XP" bracket (which is where Veteran quests are now), and therefore also include the last couple of Coldharbour quests? Or is it just to a newly-defined subset of those quests deemed "Veteran"? (Since there is no difference between a Level 50 quest, a VR2 quest or a VR11 quest currently.)
    If it is just a change to the Level 50 XP bracket, does that essentially mean that 4990 will become 7485?
    Edited by Enodoc on 3 July 2015 21:30
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With XP being distributed even more liberally, we could be looking at out-leveling NPC's by more than 3 VR (the current situation). Will anything be done to prevent the game becoming even easier than it already is because of this?
    Edited by Muizer on 3 July 2015 22:04
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed in previous episodes you showed an interaction tool on the console version that would display preset sentences or phrases which were also auto-translated when used. I play on PC/EU Megaserver where their are many languages and I can't help but wonder that the function you created for consoles could also be implemented for use in chat on PC Megaservers. Would you consider adding a function to select preset auto-translated sentences/phrases for use in the chat box on PC Megaservers?

p.s. - Is it ok to keep posting the same question every two weeks until you get an answer? lol
  • Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    Evilapex wrote: »
    I wish you would make the vampire stronger.. right now idk why people chose it. It is a million times weaker than werewolf.

Disadvantages
    1) you have to feed constantly
    2)there is nothing that makes you stronger as a vampire
    3)you dont turn into a master vampire or anything cool like that
    4) only 2 abilities and they are WEAK
    5)takes about 6 times longer to level than werewolf

Id love for them to boost it and make the vampire a relevant thing. atm all i use it for is to bite people who for some reason want it.

Vampire is very powerful if used correctly, the ultimate and passives are great, and the low mana cost of abilities in 4th stage is great.

Mist form is the only escape mechanic available to some classes for PVP/PVE.

You can counter the fire damage with enchanted jewelry which is their MAIN weakness (you forgot to mention)

W/Wolf form is pretty much useless in endgame PVP and PVE. Most people just have it for the stamina recovery perk
    (with Stamina builds) but they rarely transform.

Hope this helps you understand a little.
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
This discussion has been closed.