Hello I'm new to the game what class is best for a new player
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    synnir wrote: »
    Hello I'm new to the game what class is best for a new player

Greetings, and welcome to the game which I hope you will enjoy.

This topic is for questions to be asked of the developers at their fortnightly "ESO Live" broadcast. Your question would be more suited to the "Players helping Players" forum so I suggest you post it there, but giving people some background information as to the sort of class you have enjoyed playing in other games, anything that will help them to point you in the right direction otherwise it's such an open question that nobody will know how to answer it. However, you have 8 character slots so the best advice is probably to try several different characters and see which you enjoy playing the most. I don't think there's a best class for new players as such.
    Options
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    Assassin armor? Medium armor class.
    Options
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Many MMO's I have played in the recent past do not make "mid way character changes" like ESO has. Why were not many of these character changes done prior to release or very early in release. The MOST frustrating thing for me in this game is the continual nerfing of the characters. Please get them balanced and leave them alone.

Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
    Options
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have an update on a fix for the “You can’t ride while in combat” issue in Cyrodiil that prevents summoning your mount even if you aren’t in combat? – Der_Geronimo
    We haven’t seen this issue pop up since we implemented the fix for Cyrodiil guards being able to detect you from very far away. If you run into this after Update 6 goes live, please use /bug to report it with as many details as possible.

Pops up everyday.
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    1. Will the inequalities facing bleeds ever be addressed or is it an intentional design decision to leave them mostly dysfunctional?

Several quest zones and even entire story arcs are filled with bleed immune enemies. Dual wields main survivability skill is rendered useless because a large portion of enemies will not bleed for the heal. Other melee weapon lines do not have their survivability morphs hindered in this way.

Twin slash and early dual wield damage as a whole takes a massive dps hit as well. Even more so if you wanted to pure dual wield as flurry is the only real single target option. In PvP bleed can negated by blocking first, reduced by blocking after, purged by damage shields and negated by having a damage shield on before using the bleeds as bleeds don't effect damage shields for more than 1 tick. Meanwhile bleed already has direct counters in actual purging effects, heal over time, and direct healing.

No other damage type is as handicapped as bleed yet the abilities that use it do less damage over time than a lot of abilities that do direct damage. Bleed immunities have to go and PvP counters have to be lessened for bleed to find it's place in the game. That or bleed should be removed, and the abilities that use bleed need to have their power budget reevaluated .
    Edited by exiledtyrant on 11 March 2015 22:33
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ESO Live a week and a half ago Eric said the Global Cool Down on the Templar Focused Charge was a bug, and that it would be entirely removed.

Is this no longer the case? Because the patch notes say that the GCD has only been 'slightly reduced'.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • LilChihuahua
    LilChihuahua
    ✭✭✭
    Would you consider making characters on the same alliance sharing their rank / ap? Alliance ranks take an extreeeemly long time to level. It would make leveling an alt character far less painful and with all the new alliance war skills and passives this rank is even more important.
    Options
  • brispinn
    brispinn
    Do you think that there might eventually be a way to change things like hair style/color or basic appearance like makeup and adornment? I have seen several games in which there were "hair stylists" and this was their only function, nothing extreme like changing the face or body shape. I think it would be a great RP element to add to the game (:
    Options
  • SlapHappyMcChappy
    SlapHappyMcChappy
    Soul Shriven
    Will there be guild halls, if so how would we access them and how customizable will they be?
    Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please confirm if the weapon crit that replaced spell crit on the Burning Spellweave set from vet City of Ash is a bug ?
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • mle022
    mle022
    Did you really have to reset all the skill points? I don't remember my build. :'(
    Options
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can we expect to see on the game's first anniversary?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We (finally) now have a Justice System implemented in game making things feel more like the Elder Scrolls series that many of us have grown to love. The release has demonstrated the ability to transition this system to an MMO setting in a way that is meaningful to many players. Thank you for bringing this functionality into game.
    What rough time-frame can we expect to see the system completed with the implementation of player guards? Will it be among the first content implemented after things settle down post-console launch; or, can players expect to be left waiting on the second phase of the Justice System, incorporating player-to-player interaction, for some time yet?
    Edited by Samadhi on 4 March 2015 23:42
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why were the non-revealing male Redguard armors changed with the 1.6 "ready for war" update? They were not revealing in any way. Redguard heavy armor legs are now less protective than they were before because they are leather and no longer plate.
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Justice System Question:

While playing today I witnessed a lot of crimes. Many Kahjiit grabbed their burglar tools and opened the doors and chests of innocent people around Tamriel. Standing right next to them didn't disturb them and I was wondering if this is so intended?

Shouldn't they get a bounty if I see them? Do we players not count as "witnesses", yet?
    Options
  • Lightword
    Lightword
    ✭✭
    Big Topic Item: Questing in comparison to grinding.

Participating in "Player vs Player" for 12 hours non-stop, I gain possibly 200k xp (no questing).

Questing I get maybe 500k xp every 6 to 8 hours, rushing to do the quest killing minimal mobs.

Grinding I get just over 1.08 mil to 1.2 mil every 6 to 8 hours, only killing mobs about 5-9 at a time.

Will they every be brought into balance?
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    There have been some fairly large oversights with the release of 1.6 to the live servers. Issues such as inability to keep experience gain after the expiration of enlightenment (rollbacks), enlightenment staying on for hours at a time for some people and never even applying for others and the Templar class having what has been dubbed by players as a "Jesus Cannon" which is seriously unbalanced.

These are just to name a few of the issues.

A couple of the things that I (and many other players I'm sure) would like to know is; when are these issues being aimed at getting a fix and will the players who have fallen behind on Champion Points due to bugs and/or experience gain imbalance across different play styles get a compensation of experience or Champion Points to catch up to their friends/guild mates and competitors so they can still remain active on a fair playing field?
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • Gurchanar
    Gurchanar
    There will be any chance on changing how Materials in Crafiting work , making them not a linear progression, but giving Bonus and Cons on each Material during certing levels? Exemple: Making Voidstone more Resistance (Less Repair) and Stronger (Bonus to Armour) to Armour but Quicksilver better for Blades and Lighter (Bonus to Damage and Stamina).

Also, Jewelry Craft and the addition of Alloys? (eq. Bronze)
    Options
  • Ajantear
    Ajantear
    ✭✭✭
    How do I get my 42k gold back I just pissed away because I had not read every $%&£* bullet in the patch notes and your horse descriptions still suggest they have differing benefits?

So dropping my sub next week.
    Options
  • soyhodon
    soyhodon
    Any chance we will have more character slots available to us anytime soon? I have 8/8 used up and would like more slots to experiment with. Thanks
    Options
  • nanaya
    nanaya
    ✭✭
    Will be there new delve updates?
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If, at some point, trophies such as rare blue/green fish, the trinkets from quests, and so on were to be given their own storage like mounts, pets, and costumes, would players receive a copy of each one for which they have the quest or completion achievement?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerning mounts, I had horses with each possible adornment, bags, armor and the leather straps. How can I control what gear will show on my horses, tigers, guars, etc?
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TehMagnus wrote: »
    Question: What are PC players supposed to do until August? Since there will be no new content added to the game until then?

Steal things, fight the same boss, now ten times harder and be killed or chased around by invulnerable guards.
    Options
  • faumadar
    faumadar
    ✭✭
    I would like to request that the solo dungeons be made individual instances. It is tiring to enter a solo dungeon and have players 3x the level of the dungeon run past you and train all the dungeon mobs with them and kill them all in a central location leaving nothing in their wake. I know other MMORPGs that have made this adjustment. With update six being FTP there is going to be alot more traffic in and out of those solo dungeons. I am suggesting this as a way to head off frustrations.
    Options
  • jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys actually proud of this game? Do you feel your doing a good job?
    Options
  • autumnrheaub17_ESO
    autumnrheaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Why...why...why??? Why did you create such caos with update6?....there are thieves and killers everywhere.!! What prompted you to create a game where innocent people are victims and are viciously attacked, stolen from, and unarmed only to be killed for rewards to a player? The rewards of provisioning was hard work and time consuming, so you turned that into a player having to steal? It makes absolutely no sense...I could uderstand having a thief guild where players could work toward a criminal game play or criminal quests, but to unleash total havoc and insanity has made the gameplay ridiculous, there is no reward for those with integrity, just massive amounts of goons crouched, pickpocketing, and killing townspeople, then running so they don't get caught...guards running after running thieves??? What were you thinking? or maybe not realizing there were alot more important issues within the game that should have been addressed instead...such as grouping issues for dungeons, Cyrodil wayshrine travel issues, ranking combat issues in Cyrodil..... you've seriously unleashed a whole lower level of human behaviour lacking the integrity and honor that first made the game the best ever.... it's very disturbing~
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly happy with the systems introduced with Update 6, but I'd like to know if we will see content after console release.

We are struggling to enjoy content we've played over and over again already, and while there is some newness to questing for Champion points, new content would provide us with more to do.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • KingHove
    KingHove
    Soul Shriven
    I was wondering why XP grind has been so badly nerfed. I want to be able to level my champion skill trees to the max. Even if its a boring grind to everyone else. I like it! So why the nerf?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.