Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mithe wrote: »
    Why was this decision to go B2P never brought up in the forums under "Developer Discussions"? When you say in your Twitch video that we wanted this,I would like to know who "we" is?

the F2P market that constantly posted about it on facebook.

Thats the issue, the people who wanted it wasnt US it was people who werent playing the game at all, becuase they were either console players or people who quit the pc version, thats not US that is THEM.

i personally have hopes and fears regarding this, so whilst i was on the side of subscription only before, im in the middle atm

Survivorship bias. In a few words: voice of those, who left are louder than voices of players, which decided to stay.

Now question. What the criteria for "12 month reward"? And any chanses that pony guar, whiterun wolfhound and other pets which is a part of merchandise now will be in cash shop?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Since we now know that the rate of updates has been slowed, and there will be no major added content until after the console launch, what incentive do we have to keep subbing from March to June? Besides getting a jump on cosmetic bonuses, that is.

I think you're misunderstanding what has been said.

There WILL be content updates with full questlines and zones, which will either be paid for as DLC or free if you continue to subscribe.

Changes/updates such as the champion system, justice system, will be FREE for anyone who has bought the box for eso.

So, there will be many more content updates. These updates will probably not be too far off what we have been getting now, as we have only had 2 zone updates (craglorn) in almost a year.

I expect these to be more frequent, whilst game/system changes to be very, very infrequent after Unlimited's launch, as by then they hope to have fixed most of the game systems

I know we're supposed to see all this content eventually.

At the moment, I'm trying to fathom what looks to be at least a five month period between February and June where players can expect to see no new content. In March, we are no longer required to pay to access the current content. So why would we?

Since everything from updates 1-6 will be available to players regardless of subscriber status, I'm wondering how the team intends to maintain subs. As far as I can tell, from March when the game goes b2p, until after June when they start releasing things like the Imperial City (hopefully), plus accounts won't be any different from normal accounts. So why should we keep subbing?

As it stands, the accumulation of crowns is definitely not going to be reason enough to pay 15 dollars a month for at least four months.
    Options
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION:

Can somebody explain how you believe you gave ESO a fair shot at the subscription model, when you withheld content from us so that you could later charge us for it, this meaning pets/mounts etc

VERY few if any mmos launch without many mounts/pets, as its a pretty important, yet simple part of customization/feeling unique.

Once again, this question pertains to: Explain how you gave ESO a fair shot at the subscription model considering you restricted content purely so you could sell it post B2P. (as many questions get morphed into different ones entirely when some members of zos answer them)

How in any way did they restrict content? You are assuming that they had this content ready for a long time and didn't release it. Do you have any proof of that? Do you honestly believe with the state that the game was in sense launch that cosmetic items were a priority?

The priority sense launch has been focus on improving the game play, class balance, fixing bugs, and bringing end game content. These were huge issues that need attention asap from day one. cosmetic items were not even on the radar. I'm sure they have a very small art team working on a few items like the pets they already added to game and didn't with hold contrary to your blanket statement. If 1.6 goes as intended it will take the game play to a level that working of fun cosmetic items possible.

The subscription model still exists for ESO and will continue to exist after the console release. You will just have an additional pay model that you could use if you like.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Thieves Guild Gear be CRAFTABLE? or costume or drop sets?

I want be able to make a hood for heavy gear, so please say CRAFTABLE!!!!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you plan on releasing ESO to consoles prior to the final stage of the VR changes? And if so is there concern with releasing ESO to new players with an end-game system that is already in the process of removal due to unpopularity?
    Options
  • SouthernDiscomfort
    Great to hear that the DLC areas will be added to the list of places that'll scale to your level. Don't suppose you've got plans to eventually turn every area away from fixed levels for complete freedom of movement?
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here; this is The War Room!"
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to hear that the DLC areas will be added to the list of places that'll scale to your level. Don't suppose you've got plans to eventually turn every area away from fixed levels for complete freedom of movement?
    Probally not with 1-50 areas which pretty much makes since but I hope quests can scale to your level. It would always make some content a challenge.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Option to TURN OFF dungeon scaling in Undaunted zones. Going around for low level group leaders is silly system...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    If we need PS+ to play ESO on the ps4 we are still P2P and now we got to pay more a month to get the DLC for free why not just sell a season pass and the crown points in the PS store like with AC unity and other games that do a season pass offer

[snip]
    Yes you do: [source]
    Do I need a PlayStation Plus membership to play The Elder Scrolls Online?
    Yes. As with any standard multiplayer game on these platforms, an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership will be required to play.

@redcloud1187_ESO I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but this format is no different from any other PS4/XB1 game with DLC that you play online. Whether there's a Season Pass or not would make no difference.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 April 2024 18:40
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a team working on housing and if not why not? You really need to be thinking and planning and starting on this if you want an MMO with a long term community commited to the game - and you do need that community and stability of playerbase to make the game a welcoming place for newer players. You can have all the new areas and gameplay systems you like - without a good community you don't have an MMO.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suggestion for the future Barbershop: let the subbed players access it without further payment in the Crown Store, within a limited amount of character re-creations (1 to 3 each month). This is a normal MMO feature that people have been asking for since launch.
    Edited by Gyudan on 26 January 2015 08:39
    Wololo.
    Options
  • shadowmilb14_ESO
    You said that a +10% Gold/XP bonus is not considered pay2win by you.

But I wonder if you would consider +X% as p2w?

And if so, then somewhere between +10% and whatever that number is, is a translation point from non-p2w to p2. How are you objectively measuring what boosters are considered p2w or not? And if it is subjective, then is it really fair to say that it isn't p2w?
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Zos Staff,
    After mulling this new change in my head for a week, reading others thoughts here in forums, and in game chat, ( I have completely stopped going to the Face Book ESO page, ) I am like other loyal fans who have been here from 1st Beta and early access who will wait and see. Until last week this game has been incredibly fun and worth every penny.
    I do not blame them for not commenting on anything now because I honestly believe that Matt honestly believed it would never go F2P or B2P. I think the corp. suits are who made a liar out of him, and he got crucified for it. Feel so sorry for you Matt.
    Back to what we get for our loyal time here and new changes, here is my new take on it:
    1) We get 1500 crowns fro each month we sub with new system. That's 100 Crowns per $1.00 spent, but we only get 100 Crowns for each month played to date. $1.00 per month of stuff to make up for our time and effort to help make this a great game? Huh?
    2) If we stay subbed at $15.00 a month we get all the perks of the game plus DLC's. If it takes say 5 months to get that DLC out , we will have paid $75.00 in subs, but if the DLC is only say $35.00, how is that fair?Why pay sub and not even get to keep the DLC?
    NOTE: I do know I am speculating on DLC cost, but is one of my concerns in deciding if I will continue to pay sub fee.
    3) Lets look at what else we get with sub fees:
    10% bonus to experience point gain
    10% bonus to crafting research
    10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    10% bonus to gold acquisition

I have 1500+hrs played and am still at Vet9. I do not want to level fast like others do and take my time and enjoy all this game has to offer.Don't care about XP bonus.
    I have maxed my crafting skills. Bonus on research and inspiration is meaningless to me. Don't care.
    Bonus to gold acquisition, I can make 20 - 50k a day in gold if I wish. Gold is not a problem for most of us who have been here. Don't care.
    New riding skills, the days and gold that I have vested in mounts for PvE, PvP, etc will now be, all my horses will be same in accordance to my skill, not the horses. Feel like that was a waste of time and gold now.
    All the provisioning mats I have been hoarding and saving will have half of them now useless as they will be marked "old" and not be used anymore. Bummer.
    I have many other concerns, but will wait and see about them when 1.6 comes to PTS and then live. Will give it a chance when it goes "Unlimited" in March. I am not jumping ship YET, but we are not whining when we say, you screwed us, your loyal fans, by offering up fluff to us and except to be happy with it?
    Lastly, my concern over the new influx to the community, well, M'aiq said it best;

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. Reminds M'aiq of mudcrabs-horrible creatures with no redeeming quality's...."
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Spell-crafting going to be in game before Console release?
    Options
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I buy ESO today in a box, or from a certain digital game distributor, will their codes still work? Even passed the date of ESO: Unlimited launch?
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    Is Spell-crafting going to be in game before Console release?

No. It has been pushed back. Way back. End of year?
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • TalkingPear
    TalkingPear
    Soul Shriven
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    If I buy ESO today in a box, or from a certain digital game distributor, will their codes still work? Even passed the date of ESO: Unlimited launch?
    Yes.

Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    glak wrote: »
    If we need PS+ to play ESO on the ps4 we are still P2P and now we got to pay more a month to get the DLC for free why not just sell a season pass and the crown points in the PS store like with AC unity and other games that do a season pass offer

[snip]
    Yes you do: [source]
    Do I need a PlayStation Plus membership to play The Elder Scrolls Online?
    Yes. As with any standard multiplayer game on these platforms, an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership will be required to play.

I see it was updated on the 21st of this month. Sony changed its stance last week, with the announcement of ESO going BTP. This is an important change. Thanks for the correction :)

From the when the answer was originally posted:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/28/the-elder-scrolls-online-on-ps4-your-questions-answered/
    Will playing online with The Elder Scrolls Online have a separate subscription compared to PlayStation Plus? — @NathanaelMoner
    A PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play The Elder Scrolls Online. PS4 players will only be required to pay the same monthly subscription associated with The Elder Scrolls Online that PC and Mac users will pay—nothing more.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 April 2024 18:41
    Options
  • Lubitowb14_ESO
    Lubitowb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am looking to buy the game for PC and I understand that there was only a select window of time to allow players to transfer characters from PC to Console but do you have any plans to make it a purchasable service or are you going to require players to simply restart from scratch upon it's release for next gen consoles? IF that's the case then I think I might postpone my purchase.
    Options
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking to buy the game for PC and I understand that there was only a select window of time to allow players to transfer characters from PC to Console but do you have any plans to make it a purchasable service or are you going to require players to simply restart from scratch upon it's release for next gen consoles? IF that's the case then I think I might postpone my purchase.

I saw something about that at the very bottom of the ESO : unlimited FAQ

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

It said nothing about a time window. Just that they would inform you via email if you are eligible... not sure if they will do it when it launches on console.

hope that helped.
    Options
  • Sir_Highfield
    :)
    Edited by Sir_Highfield on 31 January 2015 00:31
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In regards to DLC, will we something like the "Fingers of the Mountain" quest from Oblivion, something where we have to get the right items, go to the right place, and get a new spell/ability (only make it better than the Fingers of the Mountain spell, which was quickly outpowered by spells we got from the mages guild)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Smokewolf13
    Smokewolf13
    Soul Shriven
    Will there be very large cosmetics updates in the future? More armor styles, capes, coats and cloaks to go over one's armor, etc?
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to adjust our character's appearance, body shape, height etc in 1.6?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be very large cosmetics updates in the future? More armor styles, capes, coats and cloaks to go over one's armor, etc?
    Edna Mode wrote:
    NO CAPES!
    :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Although I would indeed love to see a cosmetics update which introduces some new cosmetic stuff in-game (costumes, pets, mounts) that do not have to be bought in the Crown Store.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to add more and better combat music to the game?

Right now I think combat feels pretty "non-epic" with the simple rhythm of drumbeats. There are definitely some existing tracks that would work well as combat music (Such as Weapons Drawn and the new track in 1.6 that plays in the tutorial.). New combat music alone would make it feel much more awesome and make boss fights more epic! Just my 2 cents :)
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    Options
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Cant you make gaurds kill able? Like when you kill 1 3 others come in but at least you can kill it kinda sucks if you do all of this... and get nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lj_-Z7UsuqI&x-yt-cl=85027636&x-yt-ts=1422503916
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant you make gaurds kill able? Like when you kill 1 3 others come in but at least you can kill it kinda sucks if you do all of this... and get nothing
    It would be an interesting idea to do that, but it could result in lag issues if swarms of players keep coming in to kill the guards who keep respawning 3 times over.

At least the default UI indicates that they are not killable with that fancy solid-beige health bar; add-ons should probably be updated to accommodate for that. You lose quite a few of the default UI's effects on the health bars that add-ons do not all replicate; armour, debuffs, buffs, etc. (It's unfortunate that you actually have to go into the Tutorial section of the help menu to find out what they all mean though.)
    Options
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to include a "Necromancer" Playable class, or at Least make Necromancer like abilities available via spell crafting in the future?
    Edited by Malpherian on 29 January 2015 16:06
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Upcoming Thieves guild armor set - Craft-able or Not?

Options
This discussion has been closed.