Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• redcloud1187_ESO
    Will we need PS+ to play ESO?
    How will ESO plus work with us PS+ members?
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we need PS+ to play ESO?
    How will ESO plus work with us PS+ members?

Gonna have to pay for both
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    With the Console release in June and everyone saying that update 6 will be the console release, does this mean Update 7 is not happening until AFTER console launch?
    Edited by HippieTheGreat on 22 January 2015 01:58
    Options
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    So I have to pay for both to get the DLC and the crown points each month?
    Options
  • Galathil923
    Galathil923
    ✭✭
    Why was this decision to go B2P never brought up in the forums under "Developer Discussions"? When you say in your Twitch video that we wanted this,I would like to know who "we" is?
    Allasea Galathil VR14 Templar Healer
    Voodoo Mistress VR8 Dragon Knight
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Thornblade
    Haderus
    Been playing since Beta
    Options
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Why was this decision to go B2P never brought up in the forums under "Developer Discussions"? When you say in your Twitch video that we wanted this,I would like to know who "we" is?

the F2P market that constantly posted about it on facebook.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    Options
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    If we need PS+ to play ESO on the ps4 we are still P2P and now we got to pay more a month to get the DLC for free why not just sell a season pass and the crown points in the PS store like with AC unity and other games that do a season pass offer
    Options
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    T A R G E T D U M M I E S

can we get them in the craft store? would be a great addition for raiders/theorcrafters
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
    Options
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get to choose alternate cosmetics/spell effects to abilities we have now. If so, how would we get access to those? I.e.: free at start, achievement reward, ingame purchase, or crown shop purchase?

I would love to change my mage light into a swirling ball of fire.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
    Options
  • Daishin15
    Daishin15
    ✭✭✭
    This is referring those that will be Switching from PC to Consoles.

1.Can we PLEASE Download it Early and play? Or At least Download it early so we can play day One?
    2.Can We please KEEP our Personal Items, Banked Items, or at least our ARMOR? Maybe Just On One Player?
    3. Can We Keep Our Explorer Pack and Imperial Edition Items, Vanity Pets, Trophies Ect...
    Edited by Daishin15 on 22 January 2015 10:13
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have to pay for both to get the DLC and the crown points each month?
    As I understand it:
    • If you're an ESO Plus member, you'll get 1500 Crowns per month and the DLC for free as long as you stay a member.
    • If you're not an ESO Plus member, you buy Crowns and then pay for the DLC with those Crowns.
    • If you were an ESO Plus member, and cancelled your membership, you will lose access to the DLC until you pay Crowns for it separately or resub to ESO Plus.
    If we need PS+ to play ESO on the ps4 we are still P2P and now we got to pay more a month to get the DLC for free why not just sell a season pass and the crown points in the PS store like with AC unity and other games that do a season pass offer
    Crowns will be available in the PSN Store (and XBL Marketplace) to buy the DLC if you don't want to pay monthly for ESO Plus.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the big STORE button blink? That would be soooo cool!
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be one, just like there isn't for any of the other UI windows. (It would be even better if they implemented it through the Banker in-game rather than the UI, but that's unlikely.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I doubt there will be one, just like there isn't for any of the other UI windows. (It would be even better if they implemented it through the Banker in-game rather than the UI, but that's unlikely.)

If they implemented it via the Bank, and it broke, then you might not have access to your bank, or guild store, or guild bank.

So maybe they would be better not doing that.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...As I understand it:
    If you were an ESO Plus member, and cancelled your membership, you will lose access to the DLC until you pay Crowns for it separately or resub to ESO Plus.

Sounds like paying for something twice...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...As I understand it:
    If you were an ESO Plus member, and cancelled your membership, you will lose access to the DLC until you pay Crowns for it separately or resub to ESO Plus.

Sounds like paying for something twice...

They haven't actually said anything about how the DLC will work with B2P, or how unsubbing will affect it. For all we know B2Pers could be buying access to dlc every month rather than a one off, I doubt it, but the point is we don't have any info at the minute, so it could be.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    How is the new payment model going to affect development, and the rate of updates?

Do you guys intend to keep the 4-6 week update schedule, or can we expect to see this slow way down. Content like the Imperial City seems like it's been such a long time coming. I'm worried we're never going to see it.
    Options
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, why would they possibly hide their source of revenue? Lotro shows it. Swotro shows it. Rift shows it. All times. Unhidable. Why would this game be any different? "Minimalist" interface or not, they'll make sure that button is right there, all the time.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's going to be a large/main source of income down the road. I'd bet it's going to be on our UI, even if you have to open your character sheet/inventory/some other window to see it first.
    Options
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    After Update 6 will ANY game content / changes be free?
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

More importantly, how is your new model not a pay to win model?:
    • 10% bonus to experience point gain
    • 10% bonus to crafting research
    • 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    • 10% bonus to gold acquisition

[snip]

How does your company think that it can sustain itself while isolating the most loyal fans of the franchise?

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 April 2024 18:37
    :trollin:
    Options
  • freelancrtexb14_ESO
    freelancrtexb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Since I have the Imperial Edition on PC will that status transfer over to PS4 or will i have to rebuy and set up a new account?
    Options
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original schedule of new content every 4-6 weeks. That time table hasn't been met yet, but do you see it getting better or worse? Will DLC updates be large ones every 4-6 months (gaining 2-3 micro transaction boosts per year if people actually buy them) Or more small ones every 2-4 months, trying to earn sales yearly on 3-6 "DLC" sales?

How much will DLC cost? If it is released one per every 3 months, is it going to sell for the $45 that Unlimited members have paid in subs? Not sure how many console players would pay 45 every 3 months considering they apparently had such an issue with sub model in the first place. So IF dlc is available every 3 months for the expected $10-20 what is the benefit of paying the additional $25-$35? A few crowns?

Wouldn't every player be better off buying the number of crowns that they wanted and the DLC, considering subscribers are only 'renting' the DLC no matter how long they've been subbed? (the content itself becomes locked if they drop their sub a year from now for a month or two, during those two months they don't have access to a $20 DLC even though they've paid a year's worth of subscription?)

3 months seems like a very quick time table to release new content for a B2P game. Take GW for example, it after all has the exact same business model:
    Three stand-alone episodes, one major expansion pack, and several "mini"-expansions were released in the series from April 2005 to April 2013

So how long do you realistically see quality rich content worth the price of DLC to be released? How do you balance keeping that DLC cheap while keeping subs, supporting development of cheap content?
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
    Options
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    Drawberrry wrote: »
    Are there any solid plan's for being able to change character appearance later in game? If so, can you tell us what sort of control we would have (facial features only? full customization?) and how this system will be implemented?

UPDATE:
    With the release of the new crown currency for subscribers, would this be handled through the crown-shop?

IE: Would you require using crowns to purchase the ability to change apperance?
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    What is the current ETA on removing Veteran Ranks. You said before that you would not release console systems until the champion system was added and veteran ranks were removed. With the console release dates of June does this mean that update 1.7 will be out by then with the removal of veteran ranks?
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Q1. If we are allowed to copy our characters to Xbox One can we then go back to PC and continue to play that account? Do I pay two different subs for Xbox and PC?

Q2. I understand the mega server you connect to is different but are the accounts linked between Console and PC? Or do we need to create a new account?

Q3. Finally with the announcement of Windows 10 cross play will you be looking at adding that feature in the future to enable Xbox and PC players to game together? I assume you haven't discussed that topic at the table yet but thought I'd put it out there.

Q4. Definite final question, Is the newly created console UI going to be available to PC players so we can play with our gamepads?

Answer whatever questions you can, if any. Thanks and keep the show going for the communication to the community is great to have!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    istateres wrote: »
    After Update 6 will ANY game content / changes be free?
    Yes. "Regular updates and new gameplay will be offered to all players to enjoy free of additional charges." [source]
    I'm hoping that the PvP gameplay updates (Imperial City and Justice PvP) will be considered under this "new gameplay".
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What changes will me made to the dev teams to adapt to the new payment model?
    Wololo.
    Options
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    WIll you add russian localization in near future?
    Options
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, in the last ESO live, was there actually no attention given to how upset so many people actually are about the p2p change? Why did you treat your players like children, touting it as something we all "asked for" and only providing pluses, when you know perfectly well how controversial and unpopular it is with many people? Why didn't you at least have an intelligent discussion of the pros and cons instead of spoon feeding us happy-company-speak like a bunch of corporate robots?

Like to see you answer that one.

Options
This discussion has been closed.