Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Now that Tamriel Unlimited new buisness model had been announced with hints of what could be the future DLC, are you still planning to release the Veteran version of the existing Dungeons, like Veteran Volenfell, or Veteran Blessed Crusible?
    If yes, would those Veteran Dungeon be more in the line of City of Ashes, taking the players to new areas and new landscape?
    Would those Veteran Dungeon be part of the Undaunted Dailies rotation and would they be a DLC to purchase or avalaible to every players?

2. Can you tell us if the future zones that will be avalaible to purchase as DLC: Wrothgar, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Abah's Landing will contains new Dungeons and if those Dungeons would be part of the Undaunted Dailies rotation for the players that have unlocked them?

Options
  • Mikkiz1990b16_ESO
    will we ever get a duel option or arena like oblivion but vs players

will there ever be capes in the game?

will we ever be able to dive

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    2. Can you tell us if the future zones that will be avalaible to purchase as DLC: Wrothgar, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Abah's Landing[...]
    @Elloa where did you hear about Abah's Landing? I don't remember that in the stream... (or I missed it).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Elloa wrote: »
    2. Can you tell us if the future zones that will be avalaible to purchase as DLC: Wrothgar, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Abah's Landing[...]
    @Elloa where did you hear about Abah's Landing? I don't remember that in the stream... (or I missed it).

It's a bit further in the stream (not with the other DLC examples)
    Check this video of the LiveStream at 36.25 >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxYZLOS5Jw&list=PLZng8hzxXSt6-402bM1G2UuZbtnlrMn0z&index=10
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would ask if it possible to have your account be independent of the format you use. So if you have an account that account remembers my characters and it not matter if I log on pc or ps4, that would just decide which server. You'd need yo but the game for each for at you want to play on, but once you did that, you could go from one to the other while still processing the same characters.
    Options
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ let me point your attantion to this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93659/request-for-a-change-in-hireling-timer-mechanics#latest

6 months and change since we were promised some information in it in regards to what would be done, and nothing yet.
    Any news ??
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION :

Many members of the ESO team (including Paul Sage, the creative director) have previously said that the reason for going sub only was so they didnt have to make sacrifices because of using a different model.

I think many of the community would like to know: What sacrifices will now be made because of the B2P model, if any?
    Edited by Mithe on 23 January 2015 18:05
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Options
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    so zos
    when will we see improvements to the death recap system i'd like debuffs and buffed attacks that lead to your death to be display

first post btw one this thread :p
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we can be a male vampire Orsimer in a wedding dress, riding a guar, and walking around with a panther as a pet can we finally get the ability to dye our weapons? Or is making my sword grey instead of dark purple just "too crazy". :smile:
    Edited by BBSooner on 23 January 2015 19:59
    Options
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    1] Will there be a Faction change option in the Crown Store?

2]Will there be an option to get Explorer pack via Crown Store?

3]Armor reduction and its effect on skills that goes through armor checks is broken any plans on fixing that? video link :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=vLGsij-82C8&x-yt-cl=84503534

4]Will you offer new Motif on the new Crown Store?

5]Will we be able to purchase Bank expansion / inventory expansion from Crown Store?

6]Are there any news on Dark Brotherhood included in Imperial City / justice system?

7]When Veteran ranks will be removed how will it effect crafting materials will they be revamped as well? like shadowhide/void ingots/void clotb??
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Matt Firor: We are not going to keep up our 2014 pace of updates in 2015

[snip] I feel sorry for the devs who did a wonderful job in recreating Tamriel. Good luck for the coming months. :'(

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 April 2024 18:38
    Wololo.
    Options
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering what changes are coming for Damage over Time abilities. Most DoT abilities currently are low dps. There main function in builds was to increase Ult generation. With these abilities no longer increase you ult generation will we see a dps increase or will the durations be increased to make them more viable in builds.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Title Tamriel Unlimited is wrong. This name implies unlimited and unrestricted access to all game content, to quests, locations and and. etc., but instead you need to pay for access to this content. I Think correct title is Tamriel Restricted, and the name of the new business model is not B2P. Correct name of business model is P2DLC (or P2DLCA) (Pay 2 DLC or Pay to DLC Access).
    Options
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple question:

Why not keep the current working model for PC. Release for the consoles as a B2P title, then when PC players get content updates that is sold to console players as DLC?
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
    Options
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much will DLC cost? If it is released one per every 3 months, is it going to sell for the $45 that Unlimited members have paid in subs? Not sure how many console players would pay 45 every 3 months considering they apparently had such an issue with sub model in the first place. So IF dlc is available every 3 months for the expected $10-20 what is the benefit of paying the additional $25-$35? A few crowns?

Wouldn't every player be better off buying the number of crowns that they wanted and the DLC, considering subscribers are only 'renting' the DLC no matter how long they've been subbed? (the content itself becomes locked if they drop their sub a year from now for a month or two, during those two months they don't have access to a $20 DLC even though they've paid a year's worth of subscription?)

3 months seems like a very quick time table to release new content for a B2P game. Take GW for example, it after all has the exact same business model:
    Three stand-alone episodes, one major expansion pack, and several "mini"-expansions were released in the series from April 2005 to April 2013

So how long do you realistically see quality rich content worth the price of DLC to be released? How do you balance keeping that DLC cheap while keeping subs, supporting development of cheap content?
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
    Options
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Off topic about game wise but more forums wise, why does the account "System" have a custom photo and we have the basic elder scrolls stock photos. (I want a picture of a vampire) ;)

PS. My Name is Pronounced Sirstòn -The O is silent
    Edited by sirston on 25 January 2015 03:10
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »
    Simple question:

Why not keep the current working model for PC. Release for the consoles as a B2P title, then when PC players get content updates that is sold to console players as DLC?

Because that is what they have done, but for both pc and console.

IF you want to subscribe and get access to all dlc like you have been already, you can continue to subscribe and that is what you will get.

If you want to buy dlc when it comes out instead of subscribing you can do that.

So the current model will still exist, but you will also have the option of not subscribing and still being able to play, and paying for dlc individually or not at all.
    Edited by Mithe on 24 January 2015 09:43
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    What worries this one - especially with the statements that as far as game changes 1.6 will be it - what about improvements to the crafting?
    1. When will finally be able to also craft jewelry?
    2. What about new crafting stations, or improving the ones already there (like have the identical stations in our second, third veteran area now provide other / better traits and not all the same three times over
    3. what about PvP dedicated crafting stations in Cyrodiil?
    4. There was no word on medium armor in any of the last sessions. What changes to expect? How does medium armor fit into the new system?
    5. Last but not lease, when will you do some balancing of the traits required with the benefits given from a crafted set? Currently the most difficult to make, are mostly crap or bugged or both; while easy as pie sets give (not counting dropped set) give the best benefits. With many dropped sets taking the cake as being the best armor in game.
    To sum it up:
    When will crafters see some of that promise of crafted sets being the best in game? As currently this sure is not the case, nor does it look likely to change any time (soon).

Best regards
    Duncan Cougar
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on 25 January 2015 10:32
    Options
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Since we now know that the rate of updates has been slowed, and there will be no major added content until after the console launch, what incentive do we have to keep subbing from March to June? Besides getting a jump on cosmetic bonuses, that is.
    Options
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    1.) B2P&F2P may lead to a massive increase in players which will probably result in a player CAPS :'( for cyrodill or even a CAPS :# for logging in. Will players that pay monthly fees for premium access be a priority or just another person in line?

2.)Will ZoS Ban international IP's and VPN's? Usually when a game goes b2p or f2p the international community (South America/Russia/China) >:) with their insane population and high latency flood the servers creating massive lag and ruining the experience. I've seen a lack of policing of international IP's ruin many many F2p MMO's. :# Is ZoS considering this?

3.) With the anticipated increase of players from B2P is there any plans to upgrade the servers to reduce lag. :o
    Edited by EsORising on 24 January 2015 21:33
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    1. Will the increasing of the bank space and buying horse stables cheaper?
    2. Do you add more skill books? For example books of different weapon skill lines and armor skill lines.
    3. Will you reduce the time required to research traits?
    I think researching must be faster and increasing of bank space or buying horse stables must be cheaper. Also other armor and weapon tipes must be easier to maximize on VR14 (or other cap level).
    Options
  • Woooter
    Woooter
    Soul Shriven
    Why cant we see our costumes at the login screen?
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Since we now know that the rate of updates has been slowed, and there will be no major added content until after the console launch, what incentive do we have to keep subbing from March to June? Besides getting a jump on cosmetic bonuses, that is.

I think you're misunderstanding what has been said.

There WILL be content updates with full questlines and zones, which will either be paid for as DLC or free if you continue to subscribe.

Changes/updates such as the champion system, justice system, will be FREE for anyone who has bought the box for eso.

So, there will be many more content updates. These updates will probably not be too far off what we have been getting now, as we have only had 2 zone updates (craglorn) in almost a year.

I expect these to be more frequent, whilst game/system changes to be very, very infrequent after Unlimited's launch, as by then they hope to have fixed most of the game systems
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Will we need PS+ to play ESO?
    How will ESO plus work with us PS+ members?

you will need PS+ to play, but ESO+ will be optional.

If you subscribe to eso, you will get the xp,gold etc boosts and dlc for Free (until you unsubscribe)

if you buy the DLC individually, you will own them forever regardless of whether you are subscribed to ESO or not.

So you need to decide whether you want the bonuses that come with subscription, (loyalty rewards, 1500 crowns per month, xp,gold,research boosts) or whether you would rather pay for each DLC but own them and have access to them when you arent subscribed.
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    What is the current ETA on removing Veteran Ranks. You said before that you would not release console systems until the champion system was added and veteran ranks were removed. With the console release dates of June does this mean that update 1.7 will be out by then with the removal of veteran ranks?

yeah i assume they will remove them before console release.

most people HATE the levelling for VR ranks, as it is basically levels 1-50 TIMES TWO.

so i cant imagine they will wait until after console launch to remove them, that would be very weird and damaging to the console player base
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Why was this decision to go B2P never brought up in the forums under "Developer Discussions"? When you say in your Twitch video that we wanted this,I would like to know who "we" is?

Yeah i found their "explanation" of why they went this route to be incredibly insulting to the current playerbase.

VERY few of the current subscribers wanted this, but its clear the console base largely wanted this to happen.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 April 2024 18:39
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION:

Can somebody explain how you believe you gave ESO a fair shot at the subscription model, when you withheld content from us so that you could later charge us for it, this meaning pets/mounts etc

VERY few if any mmos launch without many mounts/pets, as its a pretty important, yet simple part of customization/feeling unique.

Once again, this question pertains to: Explain how you gave ESO a fair shot at the subscription model considering you restricted content purely so you could sell it post B2P. (as many questions get morphed into different ones entirely when some members of zos answer them)
    Edited by Mithe on 25 January 2015 13:44
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Why was this decision to go B2P never brought up in the forums under "Developer Discussions"? When you say in your Twitch video that we wanted this,I would like to know who "we" is?

the F2P market that constantly posted about it on facebook.

Thats the issue, the people who wanted it wasnt US it was people who werent playing the game at all, becuase they were either console players or people who quit the pc version, thats not US that is THEM.

i personally have hopes and fears regarding this, so whilst i was on the side of subscription only before, im in the middle atm
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    I would ask if it possible to have your account be independent of the format you use. So if you have an account that account remembers my characters and it not matter if I log on pc or ps4, that would just decide which server. You'd need yo but the game for each for at you want to play on, but once you did that, you could go from one to the other while still processing the same characters.

Yeah it'll be independent, you get ONE character list copy upon launch, after which they'll be completely independent from each other
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Options
  • Mountainrunnin3
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Content:

- Imperial City when - update 6 perhaps?
    - Murkmire Adventure Zone when - will it make it in 2015?
    - Wrothgar Solo PvE zone when - will it make it in 2015?
    - Any plans on new Dungeons? (normal and veteran)
    - Any plans on new Arenas? (normal and veteran)
    - Any plans on new Trials?
    - And mostly any plans on "Raids" (there is still option for 24man grouping
    ingame?)

Features:

- Thieves and Dark Brotherhood Guild when - will it make it in 2015?
    - Justice System when - Before first anniversary (2015)?
    - Spellcrafting - Will it make it in 2015?
    - Player Housing - Before 2 years anniversary?
    - Barber Shop when?
    - Are Training Dummies ever getting added?
    - When will we get the option to dye -> Weapons and Shields?
    - Can we ever expect to see Dueling System in the game?

World Events:

- Are you looking to add more minor events? (Like current summoners, bandits, etc.)

- Are Dark Anchors ever going to impact the zone, are you looking to expand that area?

Community Announcements:

- Why wasn't there a Trailer for Update 5? Can we expect a Trailer for Update 6?

- Road Ahead posts are supposedly a Monthly thing. Why is there such a delay? Can we expect to see them on a regular basis again?

Fixes / Improvements:

- When are you going to fix FPS / Latency problems?
    - Do you have any plans on improving Patching and Launcher?
    - When is Grouping Tool going to get fixed?
    These are completely valid questions, and I think a lot of people are asking them.
    Edited by Mountainrunnin3 on 25 January 2015 16:56
    Options
This discussion has been closed.